Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 8, Game 10: Who Goes Mafia? [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8, Game 10: Who Goes Mafia? [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 8, GAME 10: WHO GOES MAFIA? (THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 8 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from all over the world

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @GeneralHankerchief providing flavor
    Start Date: June 28th, 2021
    Start of Day/End of Day: 10PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Elimination Mechanics: Deadline Elimination (person with most votes is eliminated at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be eliminated. Sleep is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more miselimination leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 150 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).

2x Mafia Goons
    1x Mafia Roleblocker
    1x Town Motion Detector
    1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)
    1x Town Doctor
    9x Vanilla Townie

Flips are alignment only.

Relevant mechanics info:

• Day start.
    • Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    • The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Mafia Roleblocker Role PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Mafia Roleblocker. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

Mafia Team

Mafia Chat: ...

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Mafia Roleblocker

As Mafia Roleblocker, you have access to the Roleblocking Night Action. Roleblocking another player prevents them from being able to successfully use any Night Action that they might have that night. You will not learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.

Game Thread: ...

Town Motion Detector Role PM:

Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Motion Detector. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Motion Detector

As Town Motion Detector, you have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Town Vigilante (n2+) Role PM:
    Role PM for Example Game

You are 1-Shot Town Vigilante | Cycle 2+. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Vigilante

As Town Vigilante, you have access to the Shoot Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Cycle X

The Cycle X modifier makes your role restricted to one cycle. You may act during that cycle but will be unable to act before and after.

You can act on Cycle 2+ in this game.

X-Shot

The X-Shot modifier limits the number of times you can use your Night actions. If you spend all of your shots then you will not be able to use Night actions anymore.

You have 1 shots at the start of the game.

Game Thread: ...[/QUOTE]

Town Doctor Role PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Doctor. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Doctor

As Town Doctor, you have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @Aersoldorf NationStates: 10,000 Islands @Mr. Turtle
    2 @Babe GreyWolf community
    3 @Chris Dragonmount
    4 @D2DC Pure Diablo
    5 @Ephemera PokeBeach
    6 @Esooa CivFanatics MU Subforum @Dolby
    7 @FoxxiMcLeod MMO-Champion Xanjori
    8 @JKBear331 Chief Delphi
    9 @kylemii The Syndicate @NANOOKTHECONQUEROR
    10 @MendesHotter Mafia Mystery
    11 @SilverKeith MafiaLandia
    12 @thewingfan Hattrick.org (England)
    13 @tonystarkprime HeroClix Realms
    14 @Trustworthy Liberal Ultimate Dangan Werewolf
    15 @TurboPuns GameFAQs @Paratroopa

Spectate the game on our Discord server

Read more about this season here
    Last edited by Arapocalypse; June 27th, 2021 at 10:29 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    MiniMafia

1) aersoldorf

REPRESENTING: NationStates: 10,000 Islands

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: 10000islands.proboards.com, mafiauniverse.com

BIO:

I have loved playing mafia/werewolves since being introduced to it 10 years ago. I really enjoy trying to figure out everyone's roles and I like to think that I've become pretty good at it. I'm also pretty crafty when I'm a wolf, one of my favorite games was when I got scanned by the seer and it was announced in the game thread that I was a wolf and I managed to convince the town to lynch the seer instead. They didn't lynch me the following day either. That was a lot of fun. I'm not very comfortable talking about myself so I'll post a few quotes by others that I have played with in the past: Tuga Nation's Dragon - For me, the best player and the one who is more difficult to 'read' is Aersoldorf... He alone can win a game...; Controlitia - I haven't played in a while but this is definitely true. Aerso's always one to keep an eye on unless you know for sure he's on your side. ; Palman - He kills the veterans and then when everyone is silent and unsure of what to do he says things like "we should kill pengu because water is wet" and for some reason everyone just nods their head and vote to kill whomever he likes.

2) Babe

REPRESENTING: Greywolf Community

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:

3) Chris

REPRESENTING: Dragonmount

NATIONALITY: United Statesian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Walterfootball, Dragonmount, PersonalityCafe, Mafia Universe, Vendetta Strada, 2+2, Epicmafia, Bulbagarden, Mafiascum
    BIO:

Imagine thinking I care about a mafia game.

4) D2DC

REPRESENTING: Pure Diablo

NATIONALITY:

BIO:

5) Ephemera

REPRESENTING: Pokebeach

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2019

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Pokebeach, The Cave of Dragonflies, Forums of Loathing, Mafia Universe

BIO:

Eph is good at mafia.
    He started playing only last year, but already made his way into the MU community, and won the best rookie player of 2020 award to boot.
    He plays like a complete mafia veteran, and is a threat if he's not aligned with you.
    He was nominated to be this year's MU rep, but...
    ...unfortunately, Ephemeral couldn't participate in champs this year.

Instead, you're playing with his name twin, Ephemera (me), whose prior champs experience includes:
    -getting swept by mafia as town in my qualifier last year; and
    -subbing into semis and immediately getting swept by town as mafia

Outside of champs, other things in my mafia repertoire are:
    -never endgaming as scum
    -refusing to give solid arguments (as town) until it's too late
    -somehow being able to have an impressive amount of posts and an equally impressive lack of solving (again, as town)

Hi. I'm Ephemera, and my hobbies include reading, playing mafia, and making fun of myself.

Ephemera isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a player with such accurate reads and pure tone? Mera puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with their skill and passion for the game again. ladd breaks records. Sunbae breaks records. Ephemera breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

6) Esooa

REPRESENTING: CivFanatics MU Subforum

NATIONALITY: English

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: CFC, MU, Epicmafia, mafiascum, the org, POG, the syndicate, forum of lies

BIO:

7) FoxxiMcLeod

REPRESENTING: MMO-Champion

NATIONALITY:

BIO:

8) JKBear331

REPRESENTING: Chief Delphi

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

BIO:

Hi! My name is JKBear, and I'm representing Chief Delphi. The most interesting experience I've ever had in a Mafia game is the time when I was hosting a game, and the site we were playing on decided to ban forum mafia mid-game. Looking forward to playing with all of you!

9) Kylemii

REPRESENTING: The Syndicate

NATIONALITY:

BIO:
    Hi my name is Sloonei, but my friends call me towny Kylemii. My favorite color is the color of votes and my favorite thing to do is suspicious. My parents were a lizard and mafia player, which is why we lived in mafiathesyndicate.com. You probably know me from my TV commercial for goat cheese. I'm the one who says, 'I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win.' at the very end!

10) MendesHotter

REPRESENTING: Mafia Mystery

NATIONALITY: American/Brazilian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Started MU 2021

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Played Mafia on Mafia Mystery

BIO:

Welcome to your average manipulator here! In game quadruple persona problem. Remember mafia mystery free in app store and fill rec with MendesHotter

11) SilverKeith

REPRESENTING: MafiaLandia

NATIONALITY: Argentina

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MafiaLandia, Fanficslandia, Mafia Universe, MyAnimeList, Mafiadotgg, Further Entertainment, Pokexperto forums, The Syndicate, Mafia Colosseum, and real life.

BIO:

Ok so this is 2021 and don't ask me for anything ever again. $%#! y'all and above everything $%#! me, don't expect good play from my part. Also don't read the rest of my bio.

Hello everybody! I'm SilverKeith, an Argentinian player representing MafiaLandia, a Spanish Mafia site. My english isn't perfect so please have mercy on me. I have played over 100 games with a 50% winrate, but we mostly play for fun over here, so you'll realize I'm not a good player whatsoever. Nevertheless, I have my moments every once in a while, mostly when playing scum. I hope to get more experienced after playing here. See you soon! >>> This was my bio for last year. This year, $%#! you all. I somehow managed to become a worse player but I hope we can have some fun.

Ok that (last paragraph) was the 2017 bio, now this is the 2018 bio. I'll have mention the year on this thing otherwise it will become a mess. Soooo... this is my third year in a row! Not a lot has changed since past years tbh. I'm still the same person more or less, doing okay in uni, watching netflix, playing vidyas and occasionally reading. I somehow became an admin on my homesite. Right now I'm eating fruit salad and containing my hype for soccer world cup. Also my english has improved a little!

When it comes to mafia, I am now a mafia god. After making wildcards last year, my playstyle has improved to levels that are impossible for other players to even grasp. I have ascended and became more than a mafia player, I'm now a mafia being, a Quantum Keith that oscillates in perfect harmony in the mafia border of cowbois and woofs. I possess unlimited wisdom in mafia arts including the forbidden anglememe tells, advanced wagonomics science and the infinite ouroboros wifom. You shall now refer to me as Diamond Keith, Orichalcum Keith, Aether Keith, or SuperSilverGoatKeith (SSGK).

Enter a 2 year timeskip and we are now in 2020. I am now here for the fourth time. Everything above was my last year bio (and some out of context quotes about me I've left out because they $%#! up formatting). It's weird seeing this one specific bio changing in tone, following my evolution as a person and a mafia player. Things have gotten weird in my life in these two years. My homesite died over some /issues/, has become a Telegram/Discord community, and we're currently staying in another home. I worked a $%#!ty job last year which gave me anxiety and other problems. My 4 year relationship with my girlfriend ended. I switched career after years of self-sabotaging at university. After starting this year with the correct foot and full of optimism, quarantine $%#!ed up my plans. Such is life. I'm (actually) ok.

As for my mafia play, well...

Let's see if I still got it. Let's go big.

12) thewingfan

REPRESENTING: Hattrick.org (England)

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Hattrick

BIO:
    I have been described by fellow players on Hattrick as a bomb. They say I can be the towniest town or the badiest baddy. My game play style is to at teh very least affect the game in some way. If I think I'm on to something I tend to pull on that thread constantly to see where it leads. About me personally I live in metro Detroit and am a huge sportsfan particularly when it comes to the local teams, but I don't blindly root them on I criticize them when they deserve it, and much like everything else in life I give my opinion even when its not asked for.

13) TonyStarkPrime

REPRESENTING: HeroClix Realms

NATIONALITY: RURAL OHIO

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): About 5 years ago

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: HCRealms, MafiaTheSyndicate, MafiaUniverse

BIO: My name is Teaspoon (TonyStarkPrime) ..!
    I am 19 years old.
    I've been playing Mafia for about 5 years.
    I have won most of my competitions
    And I play about 20 games every day.
    I am the representative of Ohio in these competitions.
    And I hope to be a good representative for my state and to defend Ohio’s eyebrows in these competitions.
    I know I have tough competitors, but I'm not weak either
    I love the role of the mafia
    Because the role of the mafia is in line with my spirit.

14) Trustworthy Liberal

REPRESENTING: Ultimate Dangan Werewolf

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018 on home server and 2010 for other forms

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Town of salem, Epic mafia, Tabletop Simulator, Mafia Universe, Throne of Lies Forums, mafiathesyndicate, Discord, thrillerbark, mafiacolosseum

BIO:
    So i thought on this for a while and i really went through many ideas even tried to make a few (they all looked bad btw) on top of that i couldn't cut it down to a reasonable amount of people. I was gonna thank all the people that have influenced my life positively I wish i could call you all out but that list would be long and if i missed someone i would feel extremely bad. But most of you know who you are the ones that make me smile the ones that when i play a game with you make me laugh and enjoy it that much more. Love you all yall are the best people in the world.

Ontop of that i made this short video hopefully some people appreciate it cause someone said i should do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnUXsmxO1Hw

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!

15) TurboPuns

REPRESENTING: GameFAQs

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2010

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: GameFAQs, MU once

BIO:

Hey all. I'll let GameFAQs speak for me here

"would love to see puns do it, have always thought that'd be great" - Dels

"Once I faked a guilty scan on him when he was scum and he basically said I was right but town still refused to lynch him." - TotallyNotMI

"Listed his entire scumteam as scum in his first post of the game and still won as the last living member of said scumteam as no one put together the odds of nailing the entire scumteam at once were ridiculous until it was too late." - MysteriousStan
    Last edited by Arapocalypse; June 28th, 2021 at 09:37 PM.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    MiniMafia

While Mafia Universe runs on vBulletin, we have many custom-made features that you may not have seen anywhere else. Read this guide to learn about them.

The animated images are set to load on click to lessen the load on mobile users.

How do I vote for a player? (Vote // Reply With Vote)

To vote for a player, click the Checked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear. Select a username to be automatically placed within the Vote BBCode ([V]USERNAME[/V]). When you vote for a new player, the old vote will be automatically removed to make room.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/nkmX4ov.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/UNJ2vU2.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I unvote / remove a vote from a player? (Unvote)

To manually unvote and set yourself as Not voting, click the Unchecked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. The username currently being voted for will automatically be placed within the Unvote BBCode ([UNV]USERNAME[/UNV]). The username is optional.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/cqBeZGf.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Vote History? // How do I view all votes cast throughout the game? (Vote History)

Vote History is an ordered list of all votes cast in the game. To view all votes cast throughout the game, click Vote History located in the Game Tools navbar, or below a vote count post. The Vote History page contains instructions on how to filter votes cast.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/oQ1U4JI.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I request a vote count? // How do I view the current votes cast? (Post Votecount)

To generate a current Votecount in-thread, click Post Votecount located in the Game Tools navbar at the top and bottom of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/7KzsQXW.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I submit a Night Action in an automated game? (Automated Games)

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected. Note: Some actions process instantly and cannot be edited, such as Day Kills.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

What is the Thread Summary? // How do I find important game events? // Can I view all Phase updates in one location? (Thread Summary)

The Thread Summary is a list of important events, such as Start and End of Phase, within the thread. Most games will generate them automatically, but hosts, moderators and thread creators can add them for their own events. To view a list of all significant events throughout the game, click Thread Summary located in the Game Tools navbar. A dropdown of all events deemed significant by the Host, including each Phase Update, will be listed.

Alternatively, check the OP and other reserved posts at the beginning of the thread. The [SUMMARY][/SUMMARY] BBCode automatically inserts the thread summary into the post wherever it appears.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/EhHSyl6.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/rAEpW1z.gif
    Click to load this image

What is an ISO? // How do I search a single player's posts? (ISO)

An ISO is a search that contains all of one user's posts in that thread. To search for a single player's posts in the thread, click ISO ( short for Isolate) located at the top right of any one of their posts.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/eNDvDMB.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Multi-ISO? // How can I search by more than one user? (Multi-ISO)

A Multi-ISO is a search that contains all posts by multiple users within the thread. It can also be used as a convenient way to ISO a player without finding one of their posts to find an ISO button. To search posts by one or more users at a time, click Multi-ISO located in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread. Then, select one or more usernames and click Submit.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/VuOv8Rm.gif
    Click to load this image

What are Bookmarks? // How do I save a post so I can easily access it later? (Bookmarking)

Bookmarks are color-coded notes you can attach to each post for later use. Only you can see your Bookmarks. To save an important post, click Bookmark located at the top right of any single post. Select a color that appears to the right of said post, and enter a note. To remove a saved post, click Un-Bookmark located at the top right of any Bookmarked post.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/OoDuwuM.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks in the thread, click Bookmarks in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/uyoJyNB.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks created in all threads, click My Bookmarks located in the Features menu at the top of the page.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBhqDUc.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Notepad // Can I write and save notes for a specific game? (Notepad)

The Notepad is a tool you can use for writing and saving notes for games that you are playing. Access it by clicking the Pen icon in the top right of your screen.

If you click it, you will see a Notepad dialog box. This Notepad saves notes for the current game. Only you can see your notes, and only you can edit them, via the same button.

If you do not want to use it, you can disable the icon via a button in the toolbar at the top of the thread.

Note that the disable feature is remembered by the browser, so you will need to disable it on each device if you want to hide it completely.

How do I view all players currently alive? (Living Players List)

To view (and Insert) a list of all players currently alive, click the Crowd icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM2TEez.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I link a specific post in the thread? (POSTNUM)

To link to a specific post without copying the link itself, click the Arrow icon located in the Post Reply toolbar and place the specific post's # within the [POSTNUM] BBCode tags.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/swNxcqd.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I jump between Game Threads (Graveyard / Mafia / Mason / ...) without opening PMs? (Game Threads)

To visit any Game-related threads you have access to, open the Game Threads dropdown in the navbar above any Game-related thread. Every thread will become accessible in the post-game.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEG88HG.gif
    Click to load this image
    WHAT THE $%#! DOES "WTF" MEAN?

Are you not familiar with some of the terminology used by the other players? Maybe this will help you: TERMINOLOGY EXPLANATIONS.
    MAFIA GAME RULES
    Rules may vary from community to community, so we highly advise you to carefully read these rules.

• Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless you are mafia and wish to talk with your teammates. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • You are not allowed to change your avatar, location or any other profile info during game in any way that could be construed as hinting at your role.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to be bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to your host. Avoid asking questions to the host in the thread.
    • Don't ever refer to private communications with the Game Host.
    • If you should ever require a replacement, PM Lissa and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • You are not allowed to reference the post-game voting during the game. I.e. you cannot post "if you lynch me, you're not getting my vote after the game" or anything like that.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ON YOUR HOME SITE. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.
    MINIMUM ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
    All players are required to make a minimum of 10 posts per game day.

The game hosts and tournament organizers reserve all rights to immediately sub out any player not meeting this requirement, regardless of whether or not the player has met the requirement on previous days. Similarly, if players are only meeting this requirement by spamming and/or posting in the last hour of the day, that and similar circumstances would also be cause for substitution.

If players aren't posting, the tournament organizers will always first try to prod the players in question.

SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURE
    If your representative needs to sub out during a QUALIFIER, your community's backup will take their place, assuming 1) you've elected one, 2) they've registered a user on Mafia Universe, and 3) that I'm able to get a hold of them within a reasonable amount of time (i.e. with enough time left in the current phase for the sub to work with).

If I can't get a hold of your backup, I will give the spot to a representative from a community that joined the series late - or failing that, a backup from one of the larger communities.

If your representative needs to sub out during a SEMIFINAL or FINALE game, your community's backup will NOT take their place. Instead the next person who was in line to receive a semifinal or finale spot will take their place.
    DISCLAIMER ALERT
    The beauty of the Mafia Championship is that it brings communities closer together, and it provides an opportunity for players to learn new playstyles, metas and mechanics. And hopefully make new friends as well.

All that being said, the games can also very quickly become overwhelming and frustrating since you probably won't be able to play completely in the same way that you're used to. You don't necessarily need to adapt, but you will probably need to accept that some of the other players will have a different approach to the game than you.

We hope that you will embrace this as part of the experience. It's easy to grow frustrated with people when you don't know them (imagine how you would have felt playing with your friends on your home site if you didn't know any of them when you played your first game together), so a huge part of playing in the Championship is also getting to know the other players in some way.

Specifically, the seasons have taught us that you should be prepared for:
    • A very high level of activity. On average, there will be 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game in qualifier games, and likely more in semifinal/finale games. This is a melting pot of dedicated and enthusiastic players all gathered in one game.
    • You will likely face very different posting styles: Some will post walls of texts with many quotes, some will post a ton of one-liners, and some people will be very keen to interact in real-time in the thread (using the thread as a chat rather than a thread you pop into a few times a day).
    • A flurry of activity towards the end of the day. This means that if you check out 5 hours before the day ends, you should not be surprised to return the next day to see that the wagons were changed multiple times. If you want your vote to count, be careful to not agree to a game where you can never be around for EOD.
    • A few players in your game will probably have played with each other before. This has become impossible to prevent as increasingly many players have played on Mafia Universe.
    • We do not condone abusive remarks and we have banned several communities from participating based on this before, but each season features dozens of new communities, so there is always a slight risk that you might encounter abusive players. If you do, please report them and we'll take care of it.

Past seasons have shown that players get more enjoyment out of the games when they make connections with the other players, so we highly encourage you to join our Discord server either before or after the game.

Finally, we encourage you to at least skim some of the season 7 games to get a sense of how the games usually play out: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...nship-Season-7

4. ISO #4
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8, Game 10: Who Goes Mafia? [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 15 Players

x2 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Roleblocker
    x9 Vanilla Town
    x1 1-Shot Town Vigilante | Cycle 2+
    x1 Town Doctor
    x1 Town Motion Detector

Example Role PMs
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when there are no threats to Town remaining.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and there are no other evil factions remaining at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in when the Town must eliminate correctly.
    • Sleep is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@Aersoldorf
    @Babe
    @Chris
    @D2DC
    @Ephemera
    @Esooa
    @FoxxiMcLeod
    @JKBear331
    @kylemii
    @MendesHotter
    @SilverKeith
    @thewingfan
    @tonystarkprime
    @Trustworthy Liberal
    @TurboPuns

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B failed.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no eliminating and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

HOW TO VOTE

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].
    HOW TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.
    HOW TO REQUEST A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).