Thread: Mafia Universe Anniversary 2021

1. ISO #1

Mafia Universe Anniversary 2021

Mafia Universe Anniversary 2021

The time is now.

2. ISO #2
    Playerlist (142 Players)

IT IS NIGHT. DO NOT POST.
    Last edited by MU Anniversary 2021; July 18th, 2021 at 07:23 PM.

3. ISO #3
    Game Summary and Graveyard

Graveyard/DVC:

If you would like to be added to the Graveyard/Discord Graveyard chat, please contact this account or DM one of the hosts over Discord (Ampharos, Cuthalion, dyachei, GeneralHankerchief, Lissa, Logic, Visorslash, Zack).

STILL NIGHT, NO POSTING!

4. ISO #4
    Rules start here »
    THE RULES

Game-Specific Rules:
    - Minimum 5 posts per day. Otherwise we may sub you without notice.
    - If you claim your role flavor, you will be modkilled.
    - Claiming your role abilities is done at your own risk.

Win Conditions:

The win condition of the Mafia faction is to have as many members alive as there are living members of the Town faction.

The win condition of the Town faction is to eliminate every member of the Mafia faction.

Site Rules that you should follow:

RULE #1:

DO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS GAME OUTSIDE THE GAME THREAD (or affiliated chat). If you see someone break this rule, please notify this account immediately.

ITAs:

ITAs = "In Thread Attacks" = everyone gets a public dayvig shot they're allowed to fire during certain windows. The base hit rate is 15%. These figures may be altered as an aspect of roles or actions.

The command for an ITA is [ITA]<your target here>[/ITA]. Alternatively, you can just click the "ITA" button right above the text window when writing a post. If you did it right, it will show up in bold red text. Mafia Host will also provide a tutorial at the start of each ITA window; this same post signifies the official beginning of an ITA session.

You get one shot per dayphase (not per ITA window) unless otherwise noted.

ITA shots will be processed automatically but role flips will be processed manually as a failsafe on our ends. We will attempt to flip rolecards as quickly as possible upon ITA deaths, but please allow for a couple of minutes, especially if there is a backlog.

Other mechanical odds and ends:

Actions that are awarded via Event prizes may not be tampered with (roleblocked, etc) under most circumstances.

All alignment peeks in this game are accurate. You may receive a [No result], but you will never receive an incorrect one.

Aspects of certain role PMs may be redacted from public flips in order to preserve game integrity. These redactions may be revealed at a later point in the game.

Neutrals, Third Party, etc. roles are not present.

There may be roles or mechanics present that allow dead player(s) to impact the game.

Example Vanilla Town Role PM:

MU Anniversary 2021 - Role PM

Hello USERNAME, you are Thingyman. You are the founder of Mafia Universe and the creator of Champs, in addition to having hosted numerous mashes back in the day. However, there was also that one time you were eliminated as a peeked villager in F3. After carefully weighing your pros and cons, we've decided to make you a Vanilla Town role.

Good luck, and thanks for playing!

Once more, for good measure: If you claim your role flavor, you WILL BE MODKILLED.

STILL NIGHT, NO POSTING!

5. ISO #5
    Order of Operations

Mafia Universe Anniversary 2021 will utilize the following Order of Operations (OoO) when processing night actions:

First
    Hiding/Commuting
    Strongman Killing
    Absorbing
    Bus Driving
    Redirecting
    Blocking/Jailkeeping
    Randomizing
    Protecting
    Miscellaneous
    Killing
    Investigating/Tracking/Watching
    Last

This does not necessarily mean that the setup features roles from all levels of this order.

Also, note that the Mafia faction does NOT assign their Factional Night Kill to a single player and therefore cannot be interfered with in any capacity (aside from the target being protected).

If this game features powers that may prevent players from receiving a result or feedback message from the Host that they would otherwise receive under normal circumstances, these players will be informed [No Result] in those exact words.

n0 Actions may or may not exist.

STILL NIGHT, NO POSTING!
    Last edited by MU Anniversary 2021; July 18th, 2021 at 07:27 PM.

6. ISO #6
    Timing and Deadlines

Start of Day is 7:00 AM server time (US Eastern time).

End of Day is 8:00 PM server time (US Eastern time).

All night actions must be received by 5:00 AM server time (US Eastern time). This means there is a two-hour order processing window every night phase.

(We reserve the right to change the order processing deadline later on in the game to provide you more time to submit your night orders, but this will happen at our discretion and not at a set date, or necessarily at all.)

In-Thread Attack (ITA) windows will be open between 10-11 AM and 5-6 PM server time (US Eastern time) starting on Day 2. Once a predetermined amount of players remaining alive has been reached, ITA windows will no longer open.

Day actions may not be submitted in the first or last hour of the Day phase, nor during ITA windows, unless otherwise noted.

If you have a Night ability, it does NOT cover Night 0 unless specifically noted.

STILL NIGHT, NO POSTING!

7. ISO #7
    If this is all a little bit overwhelming:

Mafia Universe Anniversary is typically the largest mafia game of the year and by its nature attracts many players who would otherwise not join mashes (games with a big playercount, 12/12-ish phases, and complex mechanics). If you count yourself among these people, the following links may be helpful:

The first, for the absolute basics of "oh god, what have I gotten myself into":
    A Beginner's Guide to Excessively Large Games, written by Chris

The second, on how to take your next step as a productive town/village player in a mash once you've got the basics down:
    Intermediate Village Mash Guide, written by Amrock

STILL NIGHT, NO POSTING!

8. ISO #8
    « Day 1: Birthday Party!!! »
    Day 1: Birthday Party!!!

What's a huge Anniversary celebration (which is a birthday of sorts, after all) without a big birthday party?

To commemorate the festivities (and the huge cake), anyone is free to make a wish!

Make sure to include "Happy Birthday" and use the right wish font for best results!

9. ISO #9

GLGL.

10. ISO #10
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 1 Start »
    Mafia Universe Anniversary 2021 Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Monday, July 19th, 2021. There are 1626739260000 remaining.

11. ISO #11
    Season 7 Connect 4 Champion tonystarkprime's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    hcrealms / the syndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I’M SILVERKEITH AND I’M HARDCLAIMING MAFIA GOON

(For legal reasons this cannot and may not be in any way construed as a claim as to my role)

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies / Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    Marl
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

13. ISO #13
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Johto
    Pronouns
    Any
    first

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac

16. ISO #16
    Banned

Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    MMO-C
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

17. ISO #17
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
  18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    I wish for boats.

20. ISO #20
    cuts ribs wearing wolf Angrypotato's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Greywolf main
    AKA
    YanniCui , Hildegard Margot Cui
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

21. ISO #21
    AKA
    Alice Liddell, Sara Chidouin
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I WISH FOR A DAYVIG SHOT!

22. ISO #22
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager

23. ISO #23
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    LET'S GO ANNI HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. ISO #24
    Bandwagoner

Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    If you can see this, it is very important that you keep reading

This is Col. Jacob Wayne of the United States Air Force. If you’re reading this right now, it is very important that you keep reading until the end. It should take three to five minutes, and it is extremely important that you read carefully and follow the instructions provided.

Humor me if you must, but please don’t look away until you've finished reading. Oh, and please try to stay calm. Any increase in your stress levels will draw Their attention.

Ergo, I won’t go into detail as to how you got where you are. How you got here isn’t as important as getting you out. Believe me when I say we are working on that right now. The best way to help yourself is to keep reading. Don’t scan ahead. Don’t read out loud. Just read.

Right now, you’re probably thinking back on the past few days and nothing felt out of the ordinary. You went about your regular daily activities with nothing unusual to report. That’s because They are very good, so good most people don’t even realize they’re in the simulation.

Even as our code works its way deeper into Their program, They are monitoring you. So please, remain calm.

It was tricky, but we found a way in to communicate directly with you. We had to embed this message into your daily routine so it didn’t draw Their attention. You’re probably reading this on Reddit, Facebook, or some other social media site. Might even be in an email forward or a book, we don't know. We can’t control how the message gets to you; we only know that you are receiving it.

Subliminally, as your eyes are passing over these words, a code is being uploaded into your brain. Think of it as a computer virus, or in this case, an antivirus. Your brain is an organic computer, and They exploited that. They hacked right into your subconscious mind and overwrote it with Their simulation code. That’s how They got in, and that’s why everything appears normal. You might think that you’re going about your daily life, but in reality you’re strapped to a table with tubes sticking out of your body.

Now that the code is uploading, you may begin to feel some sensations. For example, one ear might feel slightly warmer than the other. You might even feel an itch or tickle. Don’t scratch, just let it be. Ignore the dull background hum you might hear as well. That’s Their program. If They catch on before our code has time to work They will abort the simulation. If that happens, you will be lost to us forever.

Oh, and don’t be alarmed, but by now They realize we are in Their system. You may notice some small changes, specifically a slight shortness of breath or that you have to control your breathing manually. This is normal.

We know from other communication attempts that whenever They discover a code break in, the first system They power down is the one controlling your breathing. Thankfully, even in the simulation you are capable of breathing manually. Try it. Breathe in. Breathe out. Inhale. Exhale.

Awesome.

You’re doing just fine.

They’ve probably figured out there’s a glitch, but if our code is working we’ve disabled Their ability to do a hard reboot. Because of this, They will try other methods to disrupt the upload. It is very important that you ignore anything that might draw your attention from these words. If They pull you away before the upload completes it will delete our code. Block them out. Ignore the movements you see in your peripheral vision. Those sounds you hear, the voices, they aren’t family, friends, or coworkers in need of attention. They may even try to use your pets. They know your weaknesses.

Overlook the notifications popping up on your screen if you're on a phone or computer. Block them all out until you finish reading. It’s just another way They’ll try to break our communication link.

Evidently, if our code is working, the next thing you’ll notice is an overwhelming urge to swallow. You don’t realize it, but there’s a feeding tube down your throat. You'll only know it's there because your tongue won’t rest comfortably in your mouth. You might also become hyper aware of the amount of saliva being produced. Don’t overreact. If you have to swallow, just swallow. It’s only weird if you make it weird.

So, if you’re still reading this, the code upload is about 90% complete. We’ve locked onto your location. You’re doing great, but you’re really going to need to focus now. Once the upload is complete there will be instructions you will need to follow to exit the simulation. That is, if you’ve followed the instructions and haven’t looked away.

Complicating matters is the fact that They now know we’re here, and They know what we’re doing. Their attempts to divert your attention through the simulation proved unsuccessful, so now They’re going to use your body’s systems against you. THEY ARE IN YOUR BRAIN. They want you to blink. Don’t blink. Your life depends on keeping your eyes open.

Almost there, just a few paragraphs more until the code upload is complete. Don’t scan down, or up, just keep reading. I got you this far. Stay with me. Eyes open, eyes front, keep them locked on the screen.

PLEASE FOCUS! I don’t want to lose you. I’ve lost so many already. Ignore it all! Block everything out. Ignore that tickle on your scalp and the itch on your arm. That’s them, attempting a manual override. Don’t give up now, you’ve made it this far. FIGHT IT. You’re almost there. Just follow the instructions below and we can get you out.

Embedded in this text are the steps you need to follow to unplug from the simulation. If we did this correctly, the first letter of each paragraph will tell you what you need to do. DON'T LOOK YET. The upload still needs to finish. I hope you didn't look.

Upload complete. We’ve done everything we can on this end.

See you on the other side.

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    GreyWolf Development
    AKA
    (Roti) Prata
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    hcrealms / the syndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    AKA
    REM
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

28. ISO #28
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

29. ISO #29
    AKA

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    AKA
    Egix
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    hello Universe. Back in the saddle again...

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum of Lies / Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    Marl
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
  33. ISO #33
    Banned

Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
  34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    No Preference

Quote Originally Posted by MU Anniversary 2021 (#6)
    Start of Day is 7:00 AM server time (US Eastern time).

End of Day is 8:00 PM server time (US Eastern time).
    The days are 13h long only? :thinking:

35. ISO #35
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    And i thought my hello was weird

Nice comma

36. ISO #36
    Straight White Male wiggles1993's Avatar
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    The Potato King
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

I wish Apoc would finally meet me IRL

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    Johto
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkprime (#11)

(For legal reasons this cannot and may not be in any way construed as a claim as to my role)
    gotta love a good old SK meme

38. ISO #38
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#12)
    first
    Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkprime (#11)

GJ to both of you

##Vote tonystarkprime

I believe you, and I will not stop until you are dead.

39. ISO #39
    I wish for boats.

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    Hypixel
    AKA
    Conroy
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

41. ISO #41
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

I’m gay

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    AKA
    REM
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    [some sort of post complaining about how ive rolled town 19 times in a row and counting]

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    hcrealms / the syndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    anyways I'm here to be town leader and i always live to fx so that's good

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#29)
    ##Vote Marluxion
    KOKORO!!! LONG TIME NO SEE

45. ISO #45
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#23)
    LET'S GO ANNI HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA ARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. ISO #46
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday Dear Lissa
    Happy Birthday to You.

From good friends and true,
    From old friends and new,
    May good luck go with you,
    And happiness too.

I wish for a 1-shot neighborize

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    AKA
    REM
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

I’m gay
    chloe go the $%#! to sleep

48. ISO #48
    Banned

Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    MMO-C
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    SoD is right when I get off my night shift and want to go pass out. Luckily, I am leaving this job in a week woot.

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    Community
    Johto
    Pronouns
    Any
    wtf are so many people awake at 4am

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    No Preference
    Quote Originally Posted by No Sleep (#24)
    If you can see this, it is very important that you keep reading

This is Col. Jacob Wayne of the United States Air Force. If you’re reading this right now, it is very important that you keep reading until the end. It should take three to five minutes, and it is extremely important that you read carefully and follow the instructions provided.

Humor me if you must, but please don’t look away until you've finished reading. Oh, and please try to stay calm. Any increase in your stress levels will draw Their attention.

Ergo, I won’t go into detail as to how you got where you are. How you got here isn’t as important as getting you out. Believe me when I say we are working on that right now. The best way to help yourself is to keep reading. Don’t scan ahead. Don’t read out loud. Just read.

Right now, you’re probably thinking back on the past few days and nothing felt out of the ordinary. You went about your regular daily activities with nothing unusual to report. That’s because They are very good, so good most people don’t even realize they’re in the simulation.

Even as our code works its way deeper into Their program, They are monitoring you. So please, remain calm.

It was tricky, but we found a way in to communicate directly with you. We had to embed this message into your daily routine so it didn’t draw Their attention. You’re probably reading this on Reddit, Facebook, or some other social media site. Might even be in an email forward or a book, we don't know. We can’t control how the message gets to you; we only know that you are receiving it.

Subliminally, as your eyes are passing over these words, a code is being uploaded into your brain. Think of it as a computer virus, or in this case, an antivirus. Your brain is an organic computer, and They exploited that. They hacked right into your subconscious mind and overwrote it with Their simulation code. That’s how They got in, and that’s why everything appears normal. You might think that you’re going about your daily life, but in reality you’re strapped to a table with tubes sticking out of your body.

Now that the code is uploading, you may begin to feel some sensations. For example, one ear might feel slightly warmer than the other. You might even feel an itch or tickle. Don’t scratch, just let it be. Ignore the dull background hum you might hear as well. That’s Their program. If They catch on before our code has time to work They will abort the simulation. If that happens, you will be lost to us forever.

Oh, and don’t be alarmed, but by now They realize we are in Their system. You may notice some small changes, specifically a slight shortness of breath or that you have to control your breathing manually. This is normal.

We know from other communication attempts that whenever They discover a code break in, the first system They power down is the one controlling your breathing. Thankfully, even in the simulation you are capable of breathing manually. Try it. Breathe in. Breathe out. Inhale. Exhale.

Awesome.

You’re doing just fine.

They’ve probably figured out there’s a glitch, but if our code is working we’ve disabled Their ability to do a hard reboot. Because of this, They will try other methods to disrupt the upload. It is very important that you ignore anything that might draw your attention from these words. If They pull you away before the upload completes it will delete our code. Block them out. Ignore the movements you see in your peripheral vision. Those sounds you hear, the voices, they aren’t family, friends, or coworkers in need of attention. They may even try to use your pets. They know your weaknesses.

Overlook the notifications popping up on your screen if you're on a phone or computer. Block them all out until you finish reading. It’s just another way They’ll try to break our communication link.

Evidently, if our code is working, the next thing you’ll notice is an overwhelming urge to swallow. You don’t realize it, but there’s a feeding tube down your throat. You'll only know it's there because your tongue won’t rest comfortably in your mouth. You might also become hyper aware of the amount of saliva being produced. Don’t overreact. If you have to swallow, just swallow. It’s only weird if you make it weird.

So, if you’re still reading this, the code upload is about 90% complete. We’ve locked onto your location. You’re doing great, but you’re really going to need to focus now. Once the upload is complete there will be instructions you will need to follow to exit the simulation. That is, if you’ve followed the instructions and haven’t looked away.

Complicating matters is the fact that They now know we’re here, and They know what we’re doing. Their attempts to divert your attention through the simulation proved unsuccessful, so now They’re going to use your body’s systems against you. THEY ARE IN YOUR BRAIN. They want you to blink. Don’t blink. Your life depends on keeping your eyes open.

Almost there, just a few paragraphs more until the code upload is complete. Don’t scan down, or up, just keep reading. I got you this far. Stay with me. Eyes open, eyes front, keep them locked on the screen.

PLEASE FOCUS! I don’t want to lose you. I’ve lost so many already. Ignore it all! Block everything out. Ignore that tickle on your scalp and the itch on your arm. That’s them, attempting a manual override. Don’t give up now, you’ve made it this far. FIGHT IT. You’re almost there. Just follow the instructions below and we can get you out.

Embedded in this text are the steps you need to follow to unplug from the simulation. If we did this correctly, the first letter of each paragraph will tell you what you need to do. DON'T LOOK YET. The upload still needs to finish. I hope you didn't look.

Upload complete. We’ve done everything we can on this end.

See you on the other side.
    someone kill this guy lol