Thread: what do you do while listening to music?

1. ISO #1

what do you do while listening to music?

play video games, surf the internet, $%#!post in discord, lay in bed with a blindfold, commute, walk through the forest, brb poopin?

inquiring minds want to know

2. ISO #2
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    play video games, surf the internet, $%#!post in discord, lay in bed with a blindfold, commute, walk through the forest, brb poopin?

depends, but i listen to music most of the time tbh

if i want to just get lost in the music i play tetr.io, or something where my brain is on autopilot and im like in a trance for however long i play

but yeah, it's literally, whatever i am doing during a day, driving, chilling with ppl, writing, chatting, etc etc tbh. not pooping though that's just weird

3. ISO #3
    I never listen to just music. It's always supplementary to another activity.

I listen to music

• while working
    • while sleeping
    • while playing Mafia
    • while browsing the internet
    • while talking to people (online)
    • while reading
    • while cooking
    • while showering
    • while walking

I do not listen to music while playing video games (beyond the game's soundtrack, that is) or going to the washroom.

But yeah, I almost always have some kind of audio playing. Sometimes it's more ASMR than music, but the past couple months it's been predominantly music.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    Town of Salem
    AKA
    Ezra
    Mostly when working or playing FM/posting on online forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezradekezra
    I AM NOT OPENWOLFING!!!!11!!!11!!1!!!!1!

5. ISO #5
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    • In the shower
    • When I'm looking up submissions for walrus
    • When I'm driving
    • The hour before I go to the gym to get pumped up
    • When I host social events
    • When I attend social events
    • The Metropolitan Opera when it's in season
    • When I want to look at this graph
    • When someone is getting the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best of you.

6. ISO #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#5)
    I listen to music:
    • In the shower
    • When I'm looking up submissions for walrus
    • When I'm driving
    • The hour before I go to the gym to get pumped up
    • When I host social events
    • When I attend social events
    • The Metropolitan Opera when it's in season
    • When I want to look at this graph
    • When someone is getting the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best, the best of you.
    i really love the foo fighterssssssssssss

7. ISO #7
    Low Hanging Fruit LordQuas's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    surprising nobody, im only NOT listening to music when im listening to something else

and sometimes even then im listening to music still
    :wiwe

8. ISO #8
    Community
    CFC
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#1)

I'm always listening to music, except when I am not.
    What won't I do for love?

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Pretty much exclusively when I'm walking, although walrus counts I guess!!!
    PunchyTheCat: WHAT TEH ACTUAL $%#!ING WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT WHO LET THIS HAPPEN WHY WISDOM WAS SOOOO TOWNY WTF

Chloe: I'm never trusting you again Wisdom

10. ISO #10
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i think i'm actually a massive outlier in this case. usually when i listen to music, it's... the only thing i'm doing. i don't usually listen to music for the purpose of it being in the background; usually i listen to music specifically the hone into what i'm listening to, whether it be something i've already heard a million times or if it's something i'm listening to the first time. generally i'm bad at multitasking anyways so this doesn't surprise me that much.

sometimes while listening to music i'll check twitter or read something casually but i can't focus on music and something else at the same time. that's just not really how i personally consume music.

11. ISO #11
    Connoisseur of Spice nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i think i'm actually a massive outlier in this case. usually when i listen to music, it's... the only thing i'm doing. i don't usually listen to music for the purpose of it being in the background; usually i listen to music specifically the hone into what i'm listening to, whether it be something i've already heard a million times or if it's something i'm listening to the first time. generally i'm bad at multitasking anyways so this doesn't surprise me that much.

sometimes while listening to music i'll check twitter or read something casually but i can't focus on music and something else at the same time. that's just not really how i personally consume music.
    i'm sorta like this as well to some extent, though not always. i do sometimes put on background music while multitasking (either familiar favorites or some kind of instrumental/postrock/chillhop/"focus" music), and sometimes i'll listen to new stuff while doing something else but i generally like to focus on it a bit more
    avatar art credit to chardonnay/bland

12. ISO #12
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    When I'm awake and occasionally when I amn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

13. ISO #13
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Well I always have some sort of audio input. Sometimes it's sports or sports radio, but otherwise there's going to be music playing 90% of the time regardless of where I am.
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Acts 17
    AKA
    Quick
    Play mafia and stuff. It really depends on what I am doing to judge if I listen to music or not. If I'm at my computer and not playing a video game or in my van driving, I'm listening to music.

I like metal.

I play the same way every time. I used to care about reading people. Read about that here. Now I just use a streamlined system. This makes my strategy for playing very easy. I'd love to share the details of my system with you, but then I would have to kill you. It's easy to do and it is not complicated, but it took me a few years to figure out how to develop something like this. I'll be giving updates throughout the game.

15. ISO #15
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    i have background music rolling whenever i'm not in a call basically

helps me focus/clears my head, quiets some kind of low-level restlessness from no input
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#28799)
    she's hard defended 90% of the dead wolves and the whole thread still wants to wish her happy birthday

16. ISO #16
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#14)
    Play mafia and stuff. It really depends on what I am doing to judge if I listen to music or not. If I'm at my computer and not playing a video game or in my van driving, I'm listening to music.

I like metal.

This is pretty rad. Feels like Marduk but more black 'n rolly.

Maybe I'll check out the album after I'm finished listening to another 100 walrus submissions lol

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    No Preference
    1. I'm driving, and the music that I'm listening to is the radio.
    2. It's some sort of study or lofi music that I run to improve or prolong my concentration. Especially the latter.
    3. I listen to music for listening to music sake and do nothing else but pay attention to the music. Admittedly, I can't just fully listen to it as I'm lost in my own thoughts sooner or later. But it's the intention. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Additionally, work and workout are more enjoyable with music. But I'm lazy so..

18. ISO #18
    most any time i'm doing something where neither of the following cases is true:

a) my mind is clear enough that i can focus fully on something
    b) my mind is fuzzy enough that music means i can't focus on something at all

so not if i want to think super deeply, and not if my brain is barely hanging onto its last two shards of sanity, but i can enjoy it most of the time in between

that said, my favorite way of consuming music is just me, a dark room with space to move around in, and the music

but i don't go out of my way to do this as much as i could