Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    i do not understand half of visor's jokes which is not helping my read of him lol

4. ISO #904
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#903)
    i do not understand half of visor's jokes which is not helping my read of him lol
    me reading this post:

5. ISO #905
    Timezone
    if you repeat it enough times it becomes funny without needing context

6. ISO #906
    i think i am about to die of a heart attack good lord

i havent laughed like this in a while

7. ISO #907
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan
    im giggling

8. ISO #908
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan
    me realising in a playerlist with hally and nutella after complaining all the time about post quantity that i have the most posts

9. ISO #909
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    Pronouns
    not he, otherwise don't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#877)
    Not to be all omgus, but what I didn’t like about Lan’s point against me was exactly that it felt very isolated, and not he didn’t seem very curious about it. Felt more like “I found this thing I can call scummy”. Calling out for TMI and buddying is reasonable, but I feel like it’s a bit weird if Lan is town to not connect the Lissa incident with my whole play. Like, I buddy a lot throughout this game. Why not call that out? Why not comment on literally anything else I’ve done and how you feel about it except for that thing on p1? Calling it blatant TMI is also a bit level 0 when I in the same post jokingly call it TMI myself. Why is my read on Lissa TMI, but not my read on Visor? I don’t know. Just seems very isolated and not really an attempt to solve my alignment apart from having that one gripe.

Or something.
    its a little weird yeah

and like its post 10 or something

10. ISO #910
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#908)
    me realising in a playerlist with hally and nutella after complaining all the time about post quantity that i have the most posts

gg

11. ISO #911
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#793)
    post 90, gonna stop

my best contribution to this game is a meme post and i dont know how i feel about that. rather unhappy with my play so far because I just feel kinda ... spinning in circles.

gonna get a good nights sleep and come back strong tomorrow

night folks
    This post feels bad.

Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#820)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#352)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#315)
    Hally, tell Lan to knock it off >=(
    tell him yourself
    This exchange feels weird, pointing it out for postgame cred.
    This seems like a good post, but then...

Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#824)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#821)
    i think posting definitely is somewhat of a different range for most people in mashes vs small games fwiw

maybe not as much at this point in a game but
    I don't think that tone changes more with regards to mash vs regular than it does with regards to town vs wolf.

Games are games are games, and Futaba/Eph was obviously trying very hard during that mash (i.e. taking it very seriously) and I expect him to treat this game exactly the same, so blaming tonal differences on "it's a mash" feels like a rather fishy preposition.

Unrelated to that I found a lot of good Hally posts on page 8. Hally can be town for now.
    This post follows it, and I feel like Hally/Lan is a possible w/w.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#157)
    What if Vig and MD claim, but not Doc?

What if all VTs claim?

Wait wait wait, I got it.

What if all the mafia just claim?
    This is probably town

I have been suspecting Visor (just because he @ed me ngl) but that read is growing on me. I've just been getting nothing tonally and I expect Visor to come off completely at ease as town, and I don't see that this game, and it's bugging me. Lots of low level prodding and self-interested claiming (at least from skimming).

I would have voted for Visor but I think that if he is town then he would die, and his vt claim really only serves to keep him alive here and helps with PR hunting, so I don't see why he would do that. He's provided some cover to explain his lack of death and is promoting other players to claim vt and find the PRs by proxy.

My suspects atm have been Sunbae/Visor/Lan, add in Hally if it's Lan, but I haven't read Eph or anyone else

I'll be back on my lunch

why is the first post bad

12. ISO #912
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#908)

when you have the highest post count after complaining about high post counts

13. ISO #913
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    owned, Mikan
    this is actually all a reaction test because scum don't get humour

14. ISO #914
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#757)
    fwiw i disagree with whoever said gira seems the same as the SK game

i actually think he’s notably different but maybe not in a bad way? as in, i feel like his focus is a lot more broad/malleable and he’s engaging people more on more topics, which ironically are the things i squinted at him lacking D1 of the SK game where it felt like he was kind of walled off in a tunnel and didn’t care to venture outside

so i guess i actually think he’s more conventionally villagery here than he was as a villager that game, which means… maybe something depending on if he has like a reverse meta where he tries to project villageriness more as a wolf
    that assumption about my meta would be pretty much correct, but uh, i do not want to repeat the sk game for obvious reasons (i got misyeeted day 4, for those who were not in the game and have not read it)

in that game in part i went in with the intention of chilling and hanging back and playing reserved, then wound up in a dumb deathtunnel b/c i couldn't understand bluekang trolling. i also fell out of the pace of that game and just couldn't get back into it

so for my part i'm trying to, you know, step it up a bit here, have a better idea of how much i need to stay on top of the thread, be more open with my thoughts. still feel awkward but i'm getting into the swing of things somewhat, i think

anyway single game meta is bad and leads to bad reads, don't do it
    meta gets used questionably way more than it gets used well

15. ISO #915
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns

lock clear clearly

16. ISO #916
    lissa have you ever thought about mirroring your avatar and seeing if anyone notices

17. ISO #917
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#831)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#767)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#321)
    Who I also find wolfy so far is Neopest, calling Lissa's "ready to stomp wolves" post forced while opening the game with:

Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#48)
    I wept tears of joy seeing this TOWN ROLE PM
    feels plain wrong. I also dislike their take on the Lissa/Eph situation:

Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#154)
    I already implied this in an earlier post, but I did think it was slightly wolfy of Ephem. I'm not sure if Lissa townreading it was necessarily bad, but more so weird. I think the thought process of getting there just feels slightly convoluted. So I guess the answer is just a mix of both!

If Eph was wolfy and Lissa's reaction to something wolfy is wolfy then... I dunno, are both wolves? Is one a wolf or the other one? I am just confused here. What I am kinda missing is a view behind the initial read and what kind of.. well, world follows from that. I dunno
    why does confusing equal bad here?
    It felt like weird word salad to me that can be used by wolves to pretend solving.

In hindsight all I felt was me being too tired to read properly. LolMe
    microread but getting apologetic for wrongly suspecting a pr is pinging me

18. ISO #918
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#899)

hey look guys i found spec chat
    this is the best one

19. ISO #919
    Community
    2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#798)
    Quote Originally Posted by soah (#687)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#306)
    Talking about more game-related stuff, I feel like Dyslexicon came out of the game hard pocketing Lissa which I find rather wolfy. Lissa felt more towny in that conversation and also in her exchange with Ephemeral, she seemed to be genuinely confused about how the argument went.

Soah also town for tone and approach, I think.
    Can you talk about why specifically you think their interactions were wolf pocketing rather than a villager just making a read?

@LanMisa
    Morning! Got some things to do early morning but I think that I will address both pings for now at the very least:

@soah: The way I read Dys' and Lissa's interaction it read to me like Dys didn't interact with Lissa from a mindset of "What is her alignment" but rather "She's town". It felt like TMI, like Dys knew that Lissa was town all along and that their focus was to get Lissa to give the same read about them, not to figure Lissa out.

Like, this post after barely interacting with Lissa

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#18)
    Can I unironically town read Lissa, or is that TMI?
    screams like TMI to me. And it seems like Dys managed to achieve exactly what they came to do:

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#36)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#35)
    i believe you

lets go
    Unbreakable towncore get rekt wolves
    easy game

gg
    I think that this very much points towards Dys being a wolf with TMI on Lissa here.
    It seems like you're just restating your conclusion without really explaining how you got there? You're just defining what pocketing is and asserting that's what's happening.

Like what does it matter that he's "barely interacting" with Lissa? Do villagers only ever make village reads on people they're interacting with? Obviously they don't and I'm sure you know that, so why are you presenting that as a basis for calling him a wolf? How is this different than nutella calling people villagers in her very first post when she'd read barely any of the thread?

He straight up called Lissa a villager so of course he's not interacting with her from the standpoint of figuring out her role. And it's odd to me that your explanation here doesn't even touch on the fact that he himself addressed the fact that his read would look like TMI. If he's a wolf then he's making a very WIFOMish post and daring people to wolf read him, and that seems like a pretty key aspect of analyzing that post yet you're not even acknowledging it. Nor do you talk about what Lissa had actually posted up until that point, which of course would be the biggest factor in whether it's reasonable for a villager to be making a read on her already.

So I don't get it.

@LanMisa

20. ISO #920
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#913)
    this is actually all a reaction test because scum don't get humour
    $%#! i'm caught

21. ISO #921
    if you guys want to meta read me here is a good example of my wolf game

22. ISO #922
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#916)
    lissa have you ever thought about mirroring your avatar and seeing if anyone notices
    no

interesting idea

but also i havent changed my mu avatar since 2015 and at this point itd feel a little weird

23. ISO #923
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#921)
    i chuckled

24. ISO #924
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#798)
    Quote Originally Posted by soah (#687)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#306)
    Talking about more game-related stuff, I feel like Dyslexicon came out of the game hard pocketing Lissa which I find rather wolfy. Lissa felt more towny in that conversation and also in her exchange with Ephemeral, she seemed to be genuinely confused about how the argument went.

Soah also town for tone and approach, I think.
    Can you talk about why specifically you think their interactions were wolf pocketing rather than a villager just making a read?

@LanMisa
    Morning! Got some things to do early morning but I think that I will address both pings for now at the very least:

@soah: The way I read Dys' and Lissa's interaction it read to me like Dys didn't interact with Lissa from a mindset of "What is her alignment" but rather "She's town". It felt like TMI, like Dys knew that Lissa was town all along and that their focus was to get Lissa to give the same read about them, not to figure Lissa out.

Like, this post after barely interacting with Lissa

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#18)
    Can I unironically town read Lissa, or is that TMI?
    screams like TMI to me. And it seems like Dys managed to achieve exactly what they came to do:

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#36)
    Unbreakable towncore get rekt wolves
    easy game

gg
    I think that this very much points towards Dys being a wolf with TMI on Lissa here.
    i feel like tgis is...reading way too much into early game silliness

which isn't to say that wolves never try to get chummy with people early and can't get called on it

but this assessment doesn't feel realistic imo
    it is a strange read given the timing of the post yes

25. ISO #925
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#918)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#899)

hey look guys i found spec chat
    this is the best one
    it is perhaps too accurate lol

26. ISO #926
    i had forgotten how much fun ww could be if you just stop solving the game

anyway, lemme get that sunbae post out for dyslexicon before i go to bed

27. ISO #927
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#921)
    volume cleared i see

28. ISO #928
    so my read prior to reading this iso (reading should really be in quotation marks but yknow) was that sunbae felt fine enough to me.

its interesting that he starts straight out with the mech before anything else (which if you want to read into that is probably a village point, i don't know if he comes straight out with that as a wolf compared to getting his entry in and so on, feeling out the thread)

he does lampshade this a bit later which you can once again choose to read into or not

i havent seen sunbae wolf for a fair while and i'm sure hed be eager to have another crack at some point but in general i like his lightness of posting

it is possible he wanted to wolf against the 3 IC thing and win i guess

theres a few things in there that ping me a little but everyone has those little pet :stare: things

but i still come away feeling like the dude is just having some fun and doesn't feel any real pressure to pull the game in any one direction

(im not sure what problem makaze really has with sunbaes last post)

29. ISO #929
    obv pr discussion has somewhat dominated the day (hopefully that ends now) but i don't really think sunbae is wolfy

re lanmisa:

i felt like their posts were kinda TWTBAW (but maybe still a wolf).

i thought their posts about hally were just straight up super tonally awkward but its v possible they're just a villager and believe that stuff and just happen to be writing about it awkwardly. ive seen lan post some in wolf games and they seem like they can make reasonable sounding posts with decent tone so something that stood out so starkly to me feels like maybe i should just accept the gift horse and call it a villager even if it kinda ''''traditionally'''' wolfy

i would like more time to see what they do i guess to be confident here

30. ISO #930
    im gonna look over moon and ephemeral and call it a night i think

31. ISO #931
    as i read over moons posts my grinchian heart finally makes an appearance, i have decided we are not gonna kill moon d1 at least

sue me##Unvote moonstermash

32. ISO #932
    Community
    2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#864)
    Half expected Soah to be PR, since they completely ignored my vote, me saying they are mafia etc. When I voted, they quoted my post, but didn't ask about the vote, rather about why I changed my mind on Ephe.

This has been an observation. Feel free to comment, @soah
    You said you were wolfreading me because I said that the setup which had been specifically designed to be massively townsided was massively townsided. I ignored it because it was stupid.

33. ISO #933
    hmm i skimmed eph (actually i read most of his posts)

i wish i couldve realtimed with him a bit, mightve helped here

while i can kinda see where some of the arguments are being levied here and if he flipped wolf id just shrug

i feel like it is possibly prudent to give him a little more time here

(this is the curse of 36/12 never enough time)

i dont think hes anythign incredibly villagery but he's not howlingly wolfy - feel like he will be more obvious to me given more time though yall are ofc free to do whatever you wish

34. ISO #934
    clears
    Dyslexicon
    Visorslash
    Mistyx
    neopest

dont want to kill d1
    moonstermash
    Makaze somewhat
    Ephemeral

remainder
    Gira
    Hally
    LanMisa
    Lissa - bit of a sketchy read but they feel like they are just posting for fun
    Makaze
    nutella - feel like they should get obvious at some point either way
    SmartBomb
    soah
    Sunbae - feels ok

SmartBomb
    soah
    Makaze
    Gira
    Hally
    LanMisa - already a wagon

so i have roughly 5 people within whom i can leave my vote on... hmm.

35. ISO #935
    Community
    2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartBomb (#874)
    ive reread ephemeral

as expected i find nothing of the sort that i find wolfy from the iso

neither do i find anything super villagery from the iso but i dont think id be voting there

his interactions with nutella and soah aren't out of a theoretical wolfrange but they are Good. its like, worse than what hally and nutella have going for them (and they have ok stuff for them to be clear; just not stuff that im confident on) and i have read a surprising amount of players in this game

im not sure where i would place him on an exact readlist

i would rather chug tea instead of thinking where exactly he stands on the nutella/hally/sunbae/moonstermash scale

it is what it is

also i think makaze is town for worse reasons than when i thought visorslash town the first time
    What was good about how he interacted with nutella and me?

36. ISO #936
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns

setting an alarm so i have a while to post until eod

37. ISO #937
    ##Vote Hally

pr gang rise up

gn all

38. ISO #938
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#936)
    im just gonna go to bed tbh

lmao nice australian bedtime smh

39. ISO #939
    lets get some HEAT on hally overnight

40. ISO #940
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns

my reads are up... somewhere idk. eph just reads fuzzy and indirect as a wolf. he doesn’t read like that here. im not going to find examples and try to point it specific posts it’s a pretty overall thing.

41. ISO #941
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#936)
    im just gonna go to bed tbh

me reading this post

42. ISO #942
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 8, Game Spec: A Spec Chat Warrior Semi-Invitational Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 Ephemeral soah (65), nutella (83), neopest (25)
    3 LanMisa Gira (72), Lissa (86), Hally (86)
    2 Hally Mistyx (22), Visorslash (59)
    1 Gira Sunbae (90)
    1 Sunbae Makaze (5)
    1 moonstermash LanMisa (30)
    1 Sleep SmartBomb (102)
    1 soah Dyslexicon (95)
    2 Not voting Ephemeral (80), moonstermash (22)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, July 27th, 2021. There are 1627430460000 remaining.

43. ISO #943
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    sb has 102 posts and is top poster? lock v

this is mostly not a meme

44. ISO #944
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    dizzy is on the “when did he post that many times” list but also i don’t care

45. ISO #945
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    oh yeah he also claimed pr anyway i forgot about the dizzy claim/visor rescind

this is why i should go to bed

46. ISO #946
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns

sb/sunbae/visor/eph v

easy game from here

also what the $%#! is neoplatonism

47. ISO #947
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    eph actually is the read i am most likely to be wrong on there just because the examples of wolf games i am thinking of have all definitely aged a bit but meh

48. ISO #948
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    dizzy/mist/neopest prs

sb/sunbae/visor/eph v

easy game from here

also what the $%#! is neoplatonism