Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: When You Give PT a Mafia Game (Rerand)

1. ISO #101
    Low Hanging Fruit superstarsrock's Avatar
    Community
    Maidens of the Kaleidoscope
    AKA
    ssr
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#85)
    3. Your read on beeboy is blatantly fake. Here are his posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#14)
    ##Vote superstarsrock
    Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#20)
    Ampharos - Amy/Mixoldia
    Arapocalypse - Ara
    beeboy - beeboy
    Chelsea - Claire
    Dunnstral - Dunn
    Hammy - Evan Noe
    Javelinlover - Jav
    Secondhand Revenant - SR/Pawnshop Dragon
    superstarsrock - Lanny/RSSP
    the-middle-of-the-line - Len/Theoboop

I think it's this
    Which of these posts make you think that he's:
    -excited
    -relaxed
    -"not stressed"
    -not scum

The read is nonsense and you're making stuff up
    Gotta say I agree with this, I think Len explains herself a bit down the line about mistaking me for beeboy(?) but from the perspective of “beeboy seems excited/relaxed” the posts he’s made so far do nothing to make me think that.

(I realize I’m kinda just echoing other people here, just making my way through this page of posts atm)

2. ISO #102
    Community
    AKA
    ssr
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#97)
    WAIT WE HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF POSTS?????
    ik jav has been mostly meming but this one kinda rubs me the wrong way. Most of what you’ve been doing is at least interaction with the rest of the game in some manner despite them being $%#!posts but this is just blatant filler.

3. ISO #103
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#83)
    If 27 and 28 from Jav are supposed to be a joke, then I need it broken down to me. As somebody in the United States of America, I was thinking something like this:

-Are posts 27 and 28 meant to be humorous?
    -If so, what is the punchline and/or implication?
    -Was this something that could be flexed between a joke or serious after-the-fact?
    -Is it funny to not read your role pm?

I don't find it humerus but I'm willing to throw a bone anyway and concede that even though I can connect a to c, then that doesn't mean x equals y. Where a is Jav's posts, c is the possible scum motive, and x is y. Or in other words, I do think that is not a full clean slate but I can vote for somebody else. Probably beeboy since he did nothing and then peaced out for 1/3 of the day and I have vague memories of this also happening in a game where he was scum.

##Vote beeboy
    Regarding memeing about not reading your role pm, I'd say it is funny as in... I don't know, I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to put this into words - I'd compare it to someone known to be experienced/good at mafia having their first post in a game being asking how to vote, or something? It's sort of stupid, but also, we all know it's not true sort of thing, if that makes sense!!!!

Which doesn't explain why it's funny, but that's the best I've got!!!

With regards to Beeboy, I do have mild concern as I faintly remember him not being that into a game as mafia, but also it wasn't to the level of his only three posts so far, so big shrug on that so far!!!!!

But also why not:

##Vote beeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea (#90)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#56)
    I do agree that it would be a weird way to apply pressure, but that being said, I wouldn't really consider a one-off comment by Secondhand Revenant to be applying pressure per se; I was more interested in looking to see if that goes anywhere, personally!!!
    I know you touched up on this a little but you don’t mind if I extract a little bit more information from you? It seems the route Secondhand Revenant has taken is going from throwing shade to Dunnstral to transferring that shame shade to you for disregarding a post by Ampharos. Can you see how he got from point A to point B or do you find it a little strange?
    Hmm... I didn't really see it as much of a point A to Point B, for what it's worth? More... two points of thought that aren't necessarily connected, which exist!!!!! Anyways, it seems fine to have the second thought after the first, if that's what you mean?

Speaking of which, I'm not really getting that much of a read off of SR at this point regardless either way; feels like anything that I could say here to lean him one way or another would be forcing it!!! Not too concerned with that at the moment, maybe if that persists for the entirety of the rest of the day or something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#91)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#52)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#36)
    I wanted to know why they mentioned it, if they were just looking for things to say. With them vacationing I don't have any concerns, I can see how that is worth mentioning.

##Vote Javelinlover

I'm not buying that they weren't "paying attention" to their alignment.
    Why do you think they would fake not paying attention to their alignment, as mafia in particular? Or in other words, how do you think that $%#! them in the mafia agenda?
    sorry for the concern about my not reading role pm joke lmfao there’s not an agenda here, i was literally JUST $%#!posting gg. i read my role pm, i paid attention to my alignment and i didn’t realize my joke would become such a hot topic of discussion gg. i will say i’m actually townreading dunn for pushing me ngl cos seems like he’s actually trying to Analyze The Game tm to some extent
    I mean, I personally didn't think it was anything more than that, if that helps!!!!! Was just more trying to figure out if there was anything much more to that on Dunnstral's end, with my queries!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#94)
    Sorry I just have to question why jav is townreading everyone who has pushed her

Kind of sus

Anyway bbl
    I had words on this when I multi-quoted but forgot; think it was something along the lines of yeah sure, but not that concerned at the moment, but it's an interesting point!!!!

Feel like your entrance to the thread seems solid in general, and at the very most likely over the bar of towniness for today (particularly liked certain points you brought up with regards to Amy/Chelsea/Jav); granted, been a hot minute since we've played and not really using meta here!!

Yes, 50 posts!!!!! After which you'll be physically unable to post until 1 hour before EoD!!! So... may want to tone it back a bit if you want to keep posting and stuff!! I'm personally considering just not caring because trying to tone it back has tripped me up before, but it's been fairly quiet, though also already condensing posts a bit regardless, so... -shrug-

Also yes I play genshin, and I just realized I've barely done the spiral abyss this round, so... !!!!!!!!!!
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

4. ISO #104
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#100)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#86)
    @superstarsrock or anyone else that has exp with beebs, is him disappearing alignment indicative? Does beeb hate being scum like my soulread of him says?
    I think other people have legitimately played mafia with him before but I have not, apparently he has some massive discrepancies in post counts when scum vs town.
    Yes, but also shrug as I said earlier; if he doesn't post at all for the rest of the day that'd definitely be a concern, but that remains to be seen!!!

(And vote him, just for the hype of it!!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#101)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#85)
    3. Your read on beeboy is blatantly fake. Here are his posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#14)
    ##Vote superstarsrock
    Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#20)
    Ampharos - Amy/Mixoldia
    Arapocalypse - Ara
    beeboy - beeboy
    Chelsea - Claire
    Dunnstral - Dunn
    Hammy - Evan Noe
    Javelinlover - Jav
    Secondhand Revenant - SR/Pawnshop Dragon
    superstarsrock - Lanny/RSSP
    the-middle-of-the-line - Len/Theoboop

I think it's this
    Which of these posts make you think that he's:
    -excited
    -relaxed
    -"not stressed"
    -not scum

The read is nonsense and you're making stuff up
    Gotta say I agree with this, I think Len explains herself a bit down the line about mistaking me for beeboy(?) but from the perspective of “beeboy seems excited/relaxed” the posts he’s made so far do nothing to make me think that.

(I realize I’m kinda just echoing other people here, just making my way through this page of posts atm)
    I don't necessarily agree with it? The stuff about excited to post pre-game/relaxed about not looking towny stuff makes sense, but I think pulling out the concern is solid!!!

If I were considering how it's possible his posts exist from a town perspective, I'd say the lack of concern over trying to look towny/not pretending to look towny is slightly good, but that also depends on his later activity as said earlier!!
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

5. ISO #105
    Community
    AKA
    ssr
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

I don’t see what Amy did irt “oh this is how Dunn/ara/jav usually acts so take it with a grain of salt” as a scummy act in general, but I do understand Chelsea’s read on it sort of being a way to restrict reads based on those things which is something to keep an eye on (sidenote this and the post Len highlighted is why I townread Chelsea but also she’s horrible and I hate her so there my vote shall stay).

Len’s soulread list feels to me like a way to get out reads on people but if people don’t like them/challenge them she can just go “haha guys those were just my feelings of them at the time and they weren’t solid reads,” which I don’t really love but maybe that’s just what she does. It does give me a basis to work off for how she’s reading the game which is always nice.

I feel like a lot of people are making snap reads on Dunn for his tone but I can’t really see a argument for why any of what he’s done as inherently scummy besides getting hung up for a bit long on jav’s $%#!posting tendencies, and even then he’s just calling out someone who’s been actively fillering.

Speaking of jav, I get that she’s mostly messing around here but most of the game has moved on to talking and making reads while she’s continuing to distract from discussions aside from a productive comment or two here and there and has defended it with “none of what I’ve said so far is serious” which is uhhh, yeah. If I were to place a real vote right now it’d be on her. jav please start playing the game and tell us what you’re thinking besides townreading everyone for the meme (also bg when)

I’ve liked ara’s tone and they’ve made generally sensible reads so far but I don’t really have any strong feel on them either way so far, also inactive vote is zzz.

I remember liking SR’s Dunn read but I don’t actually remember anything else he’s said so far, I’ll look back but there’s nothing else from reading through that stood out? Would like to see more here so I can form this better.

Also waiting for beeboy and hammy to show up : pleading_face:

6. ISO #106
    あんた ばか Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    DM Mixolydia#8907 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments (you'll need to friend request me first)
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

7. ISO #107
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    what i mean by "doing jav things etc" is that i think the people i named were largely being voted for doing things that they'd do as either alignment - i think it's entirely personality/playstyle stuff

and i largely hate getting caught up arguing semantics over playstyle reads, unless said reads are being used to form a more informed alignment opinion
    DM Mixolydia#8907 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments (you'll need to friend request me first)

8. ISO #108
    Community
    AKA
    ssr
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#104)
    If I were considering how it's possible his posts exist from a town perspective, I'd say the lack of concern over trying to look towny/not pretending to look towny is slightly good, but that also depends on his later activity as said earlier!!
    One more thing before I go, I love the thought process you used here (irt considering how posts fit into the mindsets of a player from x alignment) and will be blatantly stealing it c:

9. ISO #109
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#105)
    atp this is where my head’s at:

I don’t see what Amy did irt “oh this is how Dunn/ara/jav usually acts so take it with a grain of salt” as a scummy act in general, but I do understand Chelsea’s read on it sort of being a way to restrict reads based on those things which is something to keep an eye on (sidenote this and the post Len highlighted is why I townread Chelsea but also she’s horrible and I hate her so there my vote shall stay).

Len’s soulread list feels to me like a way to get out reads on people but if people don’t like them/challenge them she can just go “haha guys those were just my feelings of them at the time and they weren’t solid reads,” which I don’t really love but maybe that’s just what she does. It does give me a basis to work off for how she’s reading the game which is always nice.

I feel like a lot of people are making snap reads on Dunn for his tone but I can’t really see a argument for why any of what he’s done as inherently scummy besides getting hung up for a bit long on jav’s $%#!posting tendencies, and even then he’s just calling out someone who’s been actively fillering.

Speaking of jav, I get that she’s mostly messing around here but most of the game has moved on to talking and making reads while she’s continuing to distract from discussions aside from a productive comment or two here and there and has defended it with “none of what I’ve said so far is serious” which is uhhh, yeah. If I were to place a real vote right now it’d be on her. jav please start playing the game and tell us what you’re thinking besides townreading everyone for the meme (also bg when)

I’ve liked ara’s tone and they’ve made generally sensible reads so far but I don’t really have any strong feel on them either way so far, also inactive vote is zzz.

I remember liking SR’s Dunn read but I don’t actually remember anything else he’s said so far, I’ll look back but there’s nothing else from reading through that stood out? Would like to see more here so I can form this better.

Also waiting for beeboy and hammy to show up : pleading_face:
    so wrt my reads, i don't actually have any strong scumreads rn just because 1) i haven't played mafia in a solid while and have only played one game in forum form so i'm not sure how tone is altered in a kind of long thought out extended sort of posting restriction rather than the quicktimemafia thing that ps has going on. and 2) because i'm not overly familiar with what makes a scum in this kind of context. there are things that strike me as towny, but not really anything that strikes me as particularly scummy atm, at least not enough to make a confident read on. i was memeing for most of the thread, considering, y'know, it's day one, i haven't had my mafia thinking cap on in a while, so i'm just reading posts and posting my snap response to it in order to at least maintain a semblance of clarity before my brain devolves it into unreadable unintelligible bull$%#! such as it is doing rn. i'm saying people are being townread for the meme but i actually do townread the people who i have commented on being towny before this post, just thought it was ironic that i townread dunn for that post straight after len was commenting about me townreading everyone pushing me. make sense?

10. ISO #110
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    ara - towny and encouraging others to be towny
    dunn - towny, despite tone
    len - slight townread, her list of reads is a good springboard here, probably
    amy - townread for trying to help town not get sidetracked on personality things ngl

everyone else neutral

11. ISO #111
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    When You Give PT a Mafia Game Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Secondhand Revenant Chelsea (5), Javelinlover (26)
    2 beeboy Dunnstral (10), Arapocalypse (21)
    1 superstarsrock beeboy (3)
    1 Hammy Ampharos (17)
    1 Chelsea superstarsrock (8)
    3 Not voting Hammy (2), the-middle-of-the-line (8), Secondhand Revenant (4)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Sunday, August 15th, 2021. There are 1629072060000 remaining.

12. ISO #112
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

jav a tier below that

everyone else hanging out below that

13. ISO #113
    Most Likely Asleep Secondhand Revenant's Avatar
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#84)
    hello cuties am catching up
    hopefully this post isn't too long but will try to summarize my thoughts.

-Claire/Chelsea opening post threw me for a loop and I don't think I'll ever be able to tone read her roleplay, BUT I agree with her wrt SR pushing jav for the jav could do this even if her scum buddy could explain the names thing. That just feels like a really weird/specific/maybe TMI detail to push and think hard about. Problem is for my jav read, doesn't mean sr/jav aren't w/w? Could be a little tmi-y distancing. Unsure.
    -jav asking for names isn't inherently sus, but this read is pending and I don't get the joke post thing
    - Not sure on Ara because her hype to play comes off to me as towny to me, but I frequently misread her. bonus: to leaning town - I agree with her dunn read about him being too serious. Amy, while Dunn has a dry sense of humor, I don't like his focus on the jav joke, which I also don't entirely understand.
    - Agree with SSR that jav joke is probably not that serious and NAI at best, and while I find SR sus because of his focus on the jav asking for names in his first post, I think I can see where SSR is coming from wrt liking the Sr take on Dunn.
    -have never played with Dunn but his posts are kind of stiff and a little forced? Esp last post at 11 AM my time. From what I know of out of game Dunn, he's a joker and a memer so idk if it's a little too try hardy esp at this early stage of the game. scum read based off tone
    -SR - meh. As mentioned before, I feel like going right off the bat after jav for asking for names and being like oh yes jav could do this as scum too was really weird, set off a bajillion alarm bells in my head.
    Amy/Evan/beeboy/are there other people in this game(?) - pending read, I don't know how I feel about Amy's intro joke vote of Evan and Evans response to it. I personally dislike the opening vote posts and it messes up my opening tone reads on people that I usually rely on. Evan's response seems typical of new player responses when being voted, a bit defensive esp tonally, but that's NAI. I also have a town tone read and vague excitement read on Beebs that he's possible town, seems relaxed and not stressed (feel like he would be stressed if he was scum here?) but he hasn't done anything besides joke vote (I think)

That's not what Claire said though. She disliked that I didn't like Dunn putting importance on thinking SSR bothered to say he was from Canada. She said nothing about me and Jav, and that wasn't a push on Jav from me either.

Me saying that jav likes mind games (which is pretty obvious if you know her and have seen her pretend to join games or not, the alt silliness she gets up to) is not a push either. It's a response to a town read on something she did that she could easily do regardless and pointing that out.

Not a fan of how you're mischaracterizing things or like, agreeing with people for things they didn't say. Not entirely sure it should be AI to misunderstand but it makes me feel like you're acting like your analyzing when you're not really reading things closely
    Come wayward souls,
    Who wander through the darkness,
    There is a light for the lost and the meek.

Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas
    You don't have to do anything except die
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash
    Look upon my works ye low hanging fruit and despair!
    I'm not accusing you of meta

I'm accusing you of a wolfiest

The most heinous of crimes

14. ISO #114
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Amy feels... like a bit of a peacemaker rn but idk how to take it. Not too deep into her head and how she's solving rn? I feel minorly good ig about trying to defuse some read stuff she thinks is likely for bad reasons, just feels mainly descriptive. Think that's ~fine rn because content feels low to me and if that's what there is to do that's what there is to do and it does *feel* genuine the way she's trying to do that, so I like her a bit

SSR's thoughts feel decent and agree with him wrt jav that they feel a bit fillery

Too early to say that @beeboy is just a wolf who dipped out

Not sure about Claire, some bias in dislike of her initial reply to me, obviously my issue was that it looked like Dunn was preparing to push on the Canada thing which was ?? even with his understanding of it being SSR stating where he lived. But idt that's necessarily meaningful just annoying rn
    Come wayward souls,

15. ISO #115
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    When You Give PT a Mafia Game Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Secondhand Revenant Chelsea (5), Javelinlover (26)
    2 beeboy Dunnstral (10), Arapocalypse (21)
    1 superstarsrock beeboy (3)
    1 Hammy Ampharos (18)
    1 Chelsea superstarsrock (8)
    3 Not voting Hammy (2), the-middle-of-the-line (8), Secondhand Revenant (6)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Sunday, August 15th, 2021. There are 1629072060000 remaining.

16. ISO #116
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Oh, like Dunn replying to Len as well and pointing out the beeboy stuff
    Come wayward souls,

17. ISO #117
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#113)
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#84)
    hello cuties am catching up
    hopefully this post isn't too long but will try to summarize my thoughts.

-Claire/Chelsea opening post threw me for a loop and I don't think I'll ever be able to tone read her roleplay, BUT I agree with her wrt SR pushing jav for the jav could do this even if her scum buddy could explain the names thing. That just feels like a really weird/specific/maybe TMI detail to push and think hard about. Problem is for my jav read, doesn't mean sr/jav aren't w/w? Could be a little tmi-y distancing. Unsure.
    -jav asking for names isn't inherently sus, but this read is pending and I don't get the joke post thing
    - Not sure on Ara because her hype to play comes off to me as towny to me, but I frequently misread her. bonus: to leaning town - I agree with her dunn read about him being too serious. Amy, while Dunn has a dry sense of humor, I don't like his focus on the jav joke, which I also don't entirely understand.
    - Agree with SSR that jav joke is probably not that serious and NAI at best, and while I find SR sus because of his focus on the jav asking for names in his first post, I think I can see where SSR is coming from wrt liking the Sr take on Dunn.
    -have never played with Dunn but his posts are kind of stiff and a little forced? Esp last post at 11 AM my time. From what I know of out of game Dunn, he's a joker and a memer so idk if it's a little too try hardy esp at this early stage of the game. scum read based off tone
    -SR - meh. As mentioned before, I feel like going right off the bat after jav for asking for names and being like oh yes jav could do this as scum too was really weird, set off a bajillion alarm bells in my head.
    Amy/Evan/beeboy/are there other people in this game(?) - pending read, I don't know how I feel about Amy's intro joke vote of Evan and Evans response to it. I personally dislike the opening vote posts and it messes up my opening tone reads on people that I usually rely on. Evan's response seems typical of new player responses when being voted, a bit defensive esp tonally, but that's NAI. I also have a town tone read and vague excitement read on Beebs that he's possible town, seems relaxed and not stressed (feel like he would be stressed if he was scum here?) but he hasn't done anything besides joke vote (I think)

That's not what Claire said though. She disliked that I didn't like Dunn putting importance on thinking SSR bothered to say he was from Canada. She said nothing about me and Jav, and that wasn't a push on Jav from me either.

Me saying that jav likes mind games (which is pretty obvious if you know her and have seen her pretend to join games or not, the alt silliness she gets up to) is not a push either. It's a response to a town read on something she did that she could easily do regardless and pointing that out.

Not a fan of how you're mischaracterizing things or like, agreeing with people for things they didn't say. Not entirely sure it should be AI to misunderstand but it makes me feel like you're acting like your analyzing when you're not really reading things closely
    Blood Orange — 07/10/2021
    I called it out, jav loves to play mind games

Pawnshop Dragon — 02/11/2020
    XD
    WELL CONGRATULATIONS AT YOUR MIND CONTROL GAMES JAV

couldn't find more but if you need quotes to persuade you that shr saying i like mind games is nai here you go. just sayin

18. ISO #118
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Hey everyone it's me your friendly neighborhood wolf here o7

19. ISO #119
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#7)
    Dodged a bullet with that last game, literally
    Dunn what do you mean by this. :sip:
    The last scum team was me and Len.

(frankly with the meetup tomorrow I am not posting 50 times so I am just going to make single post replies to things)

20. ISO #120
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#7)
    Dodged a bullet with that last game, literally
    Dunn what do you mean by this. :sip:
    The last scum team was me and Len.

(frankly with the meetup tomorrow I am not posting 50 times so I am just going to make single post replies to things)
    Ampharos was the vig, I was implying I would have been shot at

21. ISO #121
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    While you're here, Bee, takes? Before you vanish tomorrow...
    Come wayward souls,

22. ISO #122
    Timezone
    I kinda think SSR is scum here but like unironically.
    I sorta feel like he is playing this game like it's a social game?

His posts feel super like agreeable in a way I don't like? Kinda like he is playing this game as a social game rather then trying to solve people it's weird. I am having trouble explaining this so I just won't and will let someone else go "oh I agree" and finish the explanation for me.

Although he put his community as Maidens of the Kaleidoscope which made me laugh so idk if I wanna push him.

23. ISO #123
    Timezone
    Okay I see that SR is pushing Ara but the majority of my scum read on him is his first post that has not left my mind.

@Ampharos what do you mean by jav doing jav things, Ara doing Ara things, and SR doing SR things? Explain... I'm a little disappointed by the explanation so far and feel like it's a bit too easy to say and move on

@Hammy any further thoughts on Amy's joke vote on you, now that the thread has moved along? What do you make of jav/Ara/SR interactions? What does Amy being mean... Mean? XD

@beeboy what's your response to Dunn's sus of you? Also @superstarsrock or anyone else that has exp with beebs, is him disappearing alignment indicative? Does beeb hate being scum like my soulread of him says?

Also I just read javs read of sr not being scummy, and that makes me a little sus of jav (in line with Sr behavior post). The way this reads is like super confident from jav, and while I know they are close friends, this smells like to me that jav is trying to pocket sr in the way that I try to pocket alette when I am scum and she is town.
    To answer your question though I don't actually care what Dunn did. Like if you put a gun to my head he is above rand scum because scum would push town. But that's like a meme anyway so I don't actually care.

I like the way Len is engaging the game but I don't get how I was excited either. I'd probably lean town but IDK at all about that. I kinda make stuff up in my head all the time though as town and overall I like her ISO enough I can ignore it.

24. ISO #124
    Timezone
    No offense btw but I am not surprised Jav is filler heavy and a worry about post count is like the exact kind of worry a player who posts a lot of filler would be concerned about since they tend to hit caps pretty fast just posting whatever they feel like.

All personality read and no alignment read though :V

25. ISO #125
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Come wayward souls,

26. ISO #126
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Okay I see that SR is pushing Ara but the majority of my scum read on him is his first post that has not left my mind.

@Ampharos what do you mean by jav doing jav things, Ara doing Ara things, and SR doing SR things? Explain... I'm a little disappointed by the explanation so far and feel like it's a bit too easy to say and move on

@Hammy any further thoughts on Amy's joke vote on you, now that the thread has moved along? What do you make of jav/Ara/SR interactions? What does Amy being mean... Mean? XD

@beeboy what's your response to Dunn's sus of you? Also @superstarsrock or anyone else that has exp with beebs, is him disappearing alignment indicative? Does beeb hate being scum like my soulread of him says?

Also I just read javs read of sr not being scummy, and that makes me a little sus of jav (in line with Sr behavior post). The way this reads is like super confident from jav, and while I know they are close friends, this smells like to me that jav is trying to pocket sr in the way that I try to pocket alette when I am scum and she is town.
    To answer your question though I don't actually care what Dunn did. Like if you put a gun to my head he is above rand scum because scum would push town. But that's like a meme anyway so I don't actually care.

I like the way Len is engaging the game but I don't get how I was excited either. I'd probably lean town but IDK at all about that. I kinda make stuff up in my head all the time though as town and overall I like her ISO enough I can ignore it.
    Can you point to specifics you like wrt Len?
    Come wayward souls,

27. ISO #127
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    He's long gone, we'll be lucky if we get to see him in the last 4 hours of the day

28. ISO #128
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#127)
    He's long gone, we'll be lucky if we get to see him in the last 4 hours of the day
    Probably true. Had kind of hoped the vote would get him to say something but I waited a bit long on that
    Come wayward souls,

29. ISO #129
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    if i'm the vig there's a decent chance i'm blasting beeboy tonight unless he gets his head in the game

as such i'm somewhat against voting him today because i'd rather force people to actually form an opinion beyond "let's kill beeboy for not posting"

30. ISO #130
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#129)
    if i'm the vig there's a decent chance i'm blasting beeboy tonight unless he gets his head in the game

as such i'm somewhat against voting him today because i'd rather force people to actually form an opinion beyond "let's kill beeboy for not posting"
    That's a pretty fair thing tbh, especially given he has reasons in this case that will make him appear that way regardless probably. Him as no accountability vote would suck even tho uh if he does not much it sorta sucks too just vig handles that better
    Come wayward souls,

31. ISO #131
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#129)
    Meanwhile you're voting Hammy

32. ISO #132
    Community
    Mafiascum
    AKA
    MariaR
    I might be in the minority here but I found beeboy’s post pretty interesting. Maybe I’m underestimating the guy but that post isn’t one I would’ve expected a mafia member to come up with. Especially on someone along the lines of superstarsrock. A player I’d expect beeboy to try and get on his good side. If I'm the vig I'd count my blessings if I were jav. But there's no chance I am, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Naana
    chelsea rolling scum is game breaking

33. ISO #133
    Community
    Mafiascum
    AKA
    MariaR
    I should also make it clear considering it probably isn’t that obvious, but I hold a lot more issue with Ampharos than I do Secondhand Revenant. I can see the world where I simply disagree with their play and they’re being overly aggressive for no reason making weak hearted pushes for-whoops got off track.

I feel like Ampharos's play is a very relaxed style of trying to give easy meta posts that you can expand upon and is simply relaxing as a wolf. I don't really get much solving. In fact, if you removed every post they've made I think the thread would be in a lot more of an interesting state.

Now, do I think Ampharos had this mastermind goal of shutting down every talk by playing peacemaker and expected to play off that cred as a wolf? No, of course not. But it's a very easy spot to take and the way they're tried to rebound off that isn't very...townie if you ask your friendly policeman. Normally I'd tag a vote here but I have my reasons for staying away.

Quote Originally Posted by Naana
    chelsea rolling scum is game breaking

34. ISO #134
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

35. ISO #135
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    honestly p#122 from beeboy is pretty good

36. ISO #136
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Hammy any further thoughts on Amy's joke vote on you, now that the thread has moved along? What do you make of jav/Ara/SR interactions? What does Amy being mean... Mean? XD

I do think Amy's joke vote was not at all serious and doesn't indicate mafia. It seems incredibly in character for Amy to do something like this to ease the tension and just be like BOOM, WELCOME TO THIS.

In fact, until they play their hand or elaborate further, I'm going to take most "instant" votes on the first page as a joke. I know it def can be a chaotic strat to just fire immediately and then let chaos ensue to actually kill that person, but it doesn't seem legit to fire off of the "hello" section and have that be a serious endgame vote. Feels like a joke to me.

Amy being mean is me being over dramatic and all pouty that Amy would be so unjustly cruel to accuse me. I'm playing it all up there.

37. ISO #137
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#135)
    Give me a scumread

38. ISO #138
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#137)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#135)
    Give me a scumread
    ##Vote the-middle-of-the-line

39. ISO #139
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    It's called RVS or random voting stage, people vote to generate discussion and build pressure (I'm not a fan of it personally).

It is concerning that the only thing you have talked about this game is Ampharos' blank vote on yourself.

40. ISO #140
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i don't buy that len's soulreading me wolf

i think she's noticed that the thread's pretty lukewarm on me and thinks she can seed suspicion without necessarily getting her hands dirty

probably indicates that the people lowest on me (hi claire) are more likely to be town

41. ISO #141
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    admittedly i am currently townreading claire independent of any latent lennery going on, so that's influencing that aspect of the read a bit

i'm not locked in on it, and the rp's making it a bit harder to parse than usual, but i think her thoughts are v!Claire-shaped so far

42. ISO #142
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    there's more to my scumread on len than just a dislike of her soul read but a lot of it is vague ~feels~ and i kinda wanna get her back in here and see what's what before i talk about it

43. ISO #143
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    oh yeah, for hammy's benefit (i almost used your real name oops. gonna try to avoid doing so since we ain't on discord anymore)

town = village
    mafia = wolves

different names for the same thing

blame the fact that i've played on Way Too Many Websites for my terminology being all over the place

44. ISO #144
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Famous last words LMAO. Ultimate destruction.

45. ISO #145
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    sr/beeboy/hammy
    ssr/jav
    len

very rough list, subject to change according to my whims

46. ISO #146
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    am willing to elaborate on any of those if desired but i'm trying not to bury the thread in paragraphs

so if that's satisfactory i'm goin' back to chillin

47. ISO #147
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    this post is like an afk mob grinder ngl, i'm living for it.

i'm not rly liking beeboy's posts rn, i was gonna say something about disliking the focus on only ssr and then i realized he posted more below that, but i dislike the wishy washy attitude of saying a serious scumread and then moderating it with a joke stance like that.

@riri on shooting me, you're welcome to blast me ngl, vig gets a shot every night right?? since you seem to have a pretty unmoving scumread on me rn. if you're gonna end up scumreading me later when it actually matters i'd rather you vig me today so you have people you trust more at lylo/mylo etc.

@Amy on len and riri, do you have anything concrete wrt these reads?? would prefer your more enunciated thoughts now so len can react to them rather than you reacting to her thoughts and "claire-like" is nai imo? just feel like riri has (probably??) played enough mafia to the point where she can control her tone esp bc rp heavy speech

@ hammy and dunn interaction, i'm also not liking the focus on one person similar to how i was disliking the focus on ssr from beeboy (even tho he didn't actually only focus on ssr)

also you will notice that i am Now Conserving My Post Counts

48. ISO #148
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    hhh you asked about the two reads i have actual Reasons to hold back that aren't just pure laziness lmao

49. ISO #149
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    to be clear: while i AM currently scumreading len, she's made a grand total of 8 posts. i'd like to further evaluate her behavior without it being influenced by any allegations i would otherwise make

similar thing on claire, but in the opposite direction

50. ISO #150
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#139)
    It's called RVS or random voting stage, people vote to generate discussion and build pressure (I'm not a fan of it personally).

It is concerning that the only thing you have talked about this game is Ampharos' blank vote on yourself.
    I suppose I can understand the concern, but I'm new! And I'm warming up as I gather info. For me, this is a lot to read, but I'm starting to form Opinions so I'll talk about other stuff soon.