Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: When You Give PT a Mafia Game (Rerand)

1. ISO #51
    あんた ばか Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

ssr's post was worded ambiguously enough, and dunn thinks idiosyncratically enough, that i think it was a perfectly reasonable question from dunn

at the same time, i can understand someone from the outside, who DID understand what ssr meant, being confused about what the hell dunn was talking about, and finding him suspicious for choosing that of all things to look into

which is an overly long-winded way of saying that i don't think any of the posts involved in the exchange are outside of what i would expect from any of the players involved, and think that interaction largely looks the same regardless of their alignment

...honestly if anything i think it's a slightly good look for dunn, but couldn't really tell you why. it's just a very... dunn-y thing to ask about
    DM Mixolydia#8907 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments (you'll need to friend request me first)
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

2. ISO #52
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#36)
    I wanted to know why they mentioned it, if they were just looking for things to say. With them vacationing I don't have any concerns, I can see how that is worth mentioning.

##Vote Javelinlover

I'm not buying that they weren't "paying attention" to their alignment.
    Why do you think they would fake not paying attention to their alignment, as mafia in particular? Or in other words, how do you think that $%#! them in the mafia agenda?
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

3. ISO #53
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    from a tonal standpoint i like jav's posts so far but it's occurred to me that i don't actually think i know what them lying looks like

so i'm not sure how much merit my read on that has LOL
    DM Mixolydia#8907 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments (you'll need to friend request me first)

4. ISO #54
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#37)
    ##Vote Chelsea

It took me 2 hours to get through border customs I was so mad.

also jav not reading her rolepm is standard jav ngl
    I just realized, is your avatar Gumshoe?!?!?!?!?! Because, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also oof, that's rough; customs can be a pain internationally!!!!

Also unrelated but semi-related, I just realized at least half the game plays* genshin, which I find mildly amusing!!!

*Depends on the definition of "plays" though!!

[9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

5. ISO #55
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    arapocalypse i want you to hit me with A Read

One Single Read

Your Favorite Read So Far

6. ISO #56
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea (#42)
    At first, I wanted to townread Javelinlover’s entrance for requesting people’s names because under normal circumstances the scum are given a PT to talk with in pre game, and perhaps Javelinlover would’ve asked their partner for the answer. However, it struck me that they’ve played more games than I expected, I find other people’s reactions to that more interesting. Phew, Javelinlover is a pretty long name. Do you mind if I just call you Jav cutie?

Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#34)
    Also slightly side eyeing Dunn's question, kind of wondering what it would matter if SSR just randomly mentioned living in Canada anyways
    This on the other hand has got me a little confused. Dunnstral's question at a baseline was rather harmless, and we have Secondhand Revenant over here trying to turn that little statement into something more than it really was. It's a very weird way to apply pressure. How about we turn some focus here instead?
    ##Vote Secondhand Revenant

Hey Chelsea!!!!!! I was momentarily considering whether or not to do something special for interacting with you, considering, but people already often consider my normal posting a character anyway, so...

Somewhat nice to hear that I wasn't the only one to have that thought, even if it's fairly useless!!!!

I do agree that it would be a weird way to apply pressure, but that being said, I wouldn't really consider a one-off comment by Secondhand Revenant to be applying pressure per se; I was more interested in looking to see if that goes anywhere, personally!!!

7. ISO #57
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea (#47)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#43)
    about the shr read... i feel like this is in line with his Usual Line of Thought Process so idt it's all that scummy :nods:
    I think what ya need to consider jav is given how overly familiar some people are with each other that kind of thought process is bound to be flawed given vice versa can be applied in him knowing you'd think that and acting accordingly. But then you can make a counterargument seemingly leading to an endless paradox. This doesn't apply to just Secondhand Revenant, but to everyone who feels consider in a meta read on people in this playerlist.

So if I rephrased it or asked you to consider it wasn't Secondhand Revenat posting and just someone random what would you think about the post?

This is probably the first post I actually have useful alignment thoughts on... mostly just that I somewhat like the way Chelsea's sort of poking at Jav somewhat further in terms of getting into their mindset and stuff!!! Also just the phrasing of the last sentence feels sort of towny in general, inquisitive-style? So... yeah!!!!

[insert words about how yes I know Chelsea is capable of faking things as mafia and all that, also I don't really recall much of her meta (for everyone here too actually except maybe Ampharos)]

8. ISO #58
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#48)
    So if I rephrased it or asked you to consider it wasn't Secondhand Revenat posting and just someone random what would you think about the post?
    hmm, i think ssr's comment about going to canada was nonchalant enough that dunn's question somewhat stood out. so while i don't think it would be enough to make a whole $%#! wallpost about it, it would be justified to post feeling iffy about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#49)
    this is just from like waht i would do in this situation tho cos obviously i didn't actually post anything regarding dunn's q but i did do a little bit of the y'know slight head tilt thingie
    Have you got any alignment-related thoughts in general on SR thus far, beyond simply that you don't think he sounds off? How serious is your vote on him, regardless?

9. ISO #59
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#51)
    my take:

ssr's post was worded ambiguously enough, and dunn thinks idiosyncratically enough, that i think it was a perfectly reasonable question from dunn

at the same time, i can understand someone from the outside, who DID understand what ssr meant, being confused about what the hell dunn was talking about, and finding him suspicious for choosing that of all things to look into

which is an overly long-winded way of saying that i don't think any of the posts involved in the exchange are outside of what i would expect from any of the players involved, and think that interaction largely looks the same regardless of their alignment

...honestly if anything i think it's a slightly good look for dunn, but couldn't really tell you why. it's just a very... dunn-y thing to ask about
    Is that really a hot take, though? Feels like that's mostly where I'm at on all that, anyways!!!!

Also what does a "dunn-y thing to ask about" mean, regardless?

10. ISO #60
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#53)
    from a tonal standpoint i like jav's posts so far but it's occurred to me that i don't actually think i know what them lying looks like

I mean, personally while I haven't actually said but I somewhat think they've been lightly towny in general so far, just in, well... general vibes!!!!

Which are big shrug in terms of confidence in reads, but considering it's the beginning of the Day, I'm perfectly fine running with it for now!!!

Speaking of which, if you had to ask my favourite read, I've technically already internally assigned ssr the designation of "honourary town" for the moment... the length of which remains to be seen!!!!!

11. ISO #61
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#59)
    my take:

Is that really a hot take, though? Feels like that's mostly where I'm at on all that, anyways!!!!

i never claimed it was a particularly spicy take, though at the very least it's a direct counter to claire's thinking

what i mean by "dunn-y thing to ask about" is... difficult to explain, to someone who doesn't know dunn all that well. he can be a very literal person, i suppose, and he doesn't like to waste words

12. ISO #62
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#52)
    I wanted to know why they mentioned it, if they were just looking for things to say. With them vacationing I don't have any concerns, I can see how that is worth mentioning.

##Vote Javelinlover

Why do you think they would fake not paying attention to their alignment, as mafia in particular? Or in other words, how do you think that $%#! them in the mafia agenda?
    I'm not seeing a reason to fake that as town, and I do think it was fake.

13. ISO #63
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#62)

##Vote Javelinlover

i definitely think they were joking

14. ISO #64
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    If I'm reading the exchange correctly, that line came out as a way to deflect some pressure off of themself. Not everything needs a motive though.

15. ISO #65
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    When You Give PT a Mafia Game Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Secondhand Revenant Chelsea (3), Javelinlover (17)
    1 superstarsrock beeboy (3)
    1 Hammy Ampharos (11)
    1 Javelinlover Dunnstral (7)
    1 Chelsea superstarsrock (2)
    4 Not voting Hammy (0), the-middle-of-the-line (2), Arapocalypse (14), Secondhand Revenant (2)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Sunday, August 15th, 2021. There are 1629072060000 remaining.

16. ISO #66
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#63)

##Vote Javelinlover

No, 39 was jokey, but that was another way to deflect. I'm talking about the initial post 27 which was in response to 26 (?) which I do not read as a joke.

17. ISO #67
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#61)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#59)
    my take:

i never claimed it was a particularly spicy take, though at the very least it's a direct counter to claire's thinking

what i mean by "dunn-y thing to ask about" is... difficult to explain, to someone who doesn't know dunn all that well. he can be a very literal person, i suppose, and he doesn't like to waste words
    ...I could have sworn I read "hot take" there instead of "my take"?!?! No idea why!!!!!

Hmm, okay... don't really have that much else to say on that, I guess!!!

18. ISO #68
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Actually strike that, I actually do think it was sort of surprising to come from Dunnstral there, where it just feels overly serious in a way that vibed basically completely differently from where the thread was at, and just... is that really something you push on there confidently as town?

Further reasoning included; just feels like a bit of a stretch in general!!!

##Vote Dunnstral

Town do stupid stuff all the time anyways, case in point!!!!

19. ISO #69
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 Hammy Ampharos (11)
    1 Javelinlover Dunnstral (8)
    1 Dunnstral Arapocalypse (16)
    3 Not voting Hammy (0), the-middle-of-the-line (2), Secondhand Revenant (2)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Sunday, August 15th, 2021. There are 1629072060000 remaining.

20. ISO #70
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    So I'm 8 years late, but I'm here. Still figuring out how forums and stuff works.

It seems Amy has voted me already based on the fact that I'm new and naturally I think I have to counterattack.
    ... If I can figure out how to. But maybe instead of doing a meme vote and wasting it this early (if I can't change it) I probably shouldn't do that.

My reads so far is that Ara seems hype. Amy seems mean. Trying to figure out what's going on with jav, Chelsea, and Revenant.

21. ISO #71
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I also have my Wooper icon so I feel invincible, honestly. My good vibes are indestructible.

22. ISO #72
    Most Likely Asleep Secondhand Revenant's Avatar
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#68)
    Actually strike that, I actually do think it was sort of surprising to come from Dunnstral there, where it just feels overly serious in a way that vibed basically completely differently from where the thread was at, and just... is that really something you push on there confidently as town?

Further reasoning included; just feels like a bit of a stretch in general!!!

##Vote Dunnstral

Town do stupid stuff all the time anyways, case in point!!!!
    I mean, based on what Amy said and sort of excused the earlier weirdness, this feels like it could just be how he is and tossing out an "Isn't in tune with the thread" read doesn't feel like it exactly acknowledges her heads up about him.
    Come wayward souls,
    Who wander through the darkness,
    There is a light for the lost and the meek.

Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas
    You don't have to do anything except die
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash
    Look upon my works ye low hanging fruit and despair!
    I'm not accusing you of meta

I'm accusing you of a wolfiest

The most heinous of crimes

23. ISO #73
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    So I'm 8 years late, but I'm here. Still figuring out how forums and stuff works.

It seems Amy has voted me already based on the fact that I'm new and naturally I think I have to counterattack.
    ... If I can figure out how to. But maybe instead of doing a meme vote and wasting it this early (if I can't change it) I probably shouldn't do that.

My reads so far is that Ara seems hype. Amy seems mean. Trying to figure out what's going on with jav, Chelsea, and Revenant.
    perish before my all-encompassing cruelty

couple of things:
    - to vote, click the little checkmark-lookin icon at the top of the quick reply box and then click on the name you wanna vote for
    - you can change your vote
    - my vote on you is not serious. You Will Know when i place a serious vote

gonna let you vibe for a bit so you can figure out what you're doin', hmu if you have questions

24. ISO #74
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

at the moment dunn is voting jav for doing jav things, ara is voting dunn for doing dunn things, and SR is sussing ara for doing ara things

and it's extremely funny to me how Extremely Predictable this all is

@Dunnstral: i'm preeeeeetty sure jav's p#27 was a joke. don't think they drop the "bold of you to assume" there without doing so ironically, and i wouldn't be throwing them this lifeline if i wasn't fairly confident on that

@Arapocalypse: this is EXACTLY the sort of thing i expect dunn to get hung up on. overly literal, remember? and on top of that... calling dunn "serious" feels a LITTLE off, because he does have a (VERY dry) sense of humor, but this is definitely the sort of thing he'd take seriously, and being out of phase with the rest of the thread tracks with other games i've played with him (maybe it was only one game? it is at LEAST one game.)

@Secondhand Revenant: i'm completely unsurprised that ara's pushing this and would expect her to do so as any alignment, tbh. if she's a wolf she's doin' it to have something to do. if she's town... this is extremely reminiscent of playing ace attorney with her. this feels like something she'd get stuck on. also, i was pretty vague in my description of dunn, because it's kinda hard to explain what i'm trying to convey. i can't really fault ara for not fully grasping what i was getting at

i expect this attempt to dissuade 3 simultaneous pushes will be extremely well received, of course. c'est la vie

25. ISO #75
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    though honestly SR feel free to grill ara as much as you want on this, cause i agree that her vote isn't great. just dunno if it's a "this person is mafia" sort of not great

26. ISO #76
    Most Likely Asleep Secondhand Revenant's Avatar
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    The issue isn't her pushing it, it's more that you told her he takes things literally he proceeds to do so, and she doesn't seem to factor it in at all that you told her that. It isn't some big final thing or something, but I don't think it's a good look and Dunn is starting to seem like someone who would be easy to just push based on style/personality from what you said
    Come wayward souls,
    Who wander through the darkness,
    There is a light for the lost and the meek.

Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas
    You don't have to do anything except die
    Look upon my works ye low hanging fruit and despair!
    I'm not accusing you of meta

I'm accusing you of a wolfiest

The most heinous of crimes

27. ISO #77
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 Hammy Ampharos (14)
    1 Javelinlover Dunnstral (8)
    1 Dunnstral Arapocalypse (16)
    3 Not voting Hammy (2), the-middle-of-the-line (2), Secondhand Revenant (4)

View Vote History

28. ISO #78
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#76)
    The issue isn't her pushing it, it's more that you told her he takes things literally he proceeds to do so, and she doesn't seem to factor it in at all that you told her that. It isn't some big final thing or something, but I don't think it's a good look and Dunn is starting to seem like someone who would be easy to just push based on style/personality from what you said
    i find that it tends to come down to whether or not him going against-the-grain gets read as villagery or wolfy. think last time i played with him it was kind of a mixed bag? my memory's a bit distorted bc he was one of my earliest townreads in that game but i'm p sure he had a fair few people on his case (as town)

and yeah, i do get that, and would like to hear her response, especially now that i've elaborated some more

29. ISO #79
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy (#70)

Not that late, all things considered, game only started just about 12 hours ago!!!!!

Meme votes are perfectly fine, you can change them whenever you like!!!

Have you got any sort of indication as to whether you'd lean me and/or Amy any particular alignment? Also, what are your thoughts in particular onn figuring out Jav/Chelsea/SR?

As an aside, sort of curious: have you played any sort of social deduction-type games before? Stuff resistance/avalon, blood on the clocktower, secret hitler, Town of Salem... even among us?

30. ISO #80
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#74)
    i sound like a broken record, but

at the moment dunn is voting jav for doing jav things, ara is voting dunn for doing dunn things, and SR is sussing ara for doing ara things

@Dunnstral: i'm preeeeeetty sure jav's p#27 was a joke. don't think they drop the "bold of you to assume" there without doing so ironically, and i wouldn't be throwing them this lifeline if i wasn't fairly confident on that

@Arapocalypse: this is EXACTLY the sort of thing i expect dunn to get hung up on. overly literal, remember? and on top of that... calling dunn "serious" feels a LITTLE off, because he does have a (VERY dry) sense of humor, but this is definitely the sort of thing he'd take seriously, and being out of phase with the rest of the thread tracks with other games i've played with him (maybe it was only one game? it is at LEAST one game.)

@Secondhand Revenant: i'm completely unsurprised that ara's pushing this and would expect her to do so as any alignment, tbh. if she's a wolf she's doin' it to have something to do. if she's town... this is extremely reminiscent of playing ace attorney with her. this feels like something she'd get stuck on. also, i was pretty vague in my description of dunn, because it's kinda hard to explain what i'm trying to convey. i can't really fault ara for not fully grasping what i was getting at

i expect this attempt to dissuade 3 simultaneous pushes will be extremely well received, of course. c'est la vie
    I literally wasn't going to do that, at first!!!! But then, reconsidering, and do I look like I have anything else better to do right now? Yes, I know what you said about him being literal!!!!! Though... I somewhat had also thought you meant more of the "is literal in expression" versus "takes things literally", the latter of which it seems you meant more?

Which... okay then!!

I actually don't have much to say about that this time; sure there is a non-zero chance that that could be the case, and I absolutely would not be surprised in the slightest if I was wrong here!!!!! That being said, there's not really much else I'm going to do here right now besides seeing where this goes, in lieu of better options at the moment!!!!!!!

But yes, the thought has been acknowledged/taken into account going forward!!!

Can't believe we're already getting into ace attorney reads though, but I guess that's close enough!!!!

31. ISO #81
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#76)
    Not sure what else there is to say here... factoring something into a thought doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to completely discount my own thoughts in lieu of that, more like just keep that in mind going forward!!!

32. ISO #82
    Low Hanging Fruit superstarsrock's Avatar
    Community
    Maidens of the Kaleidoscope
    AKA
    ssr
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Why are there forum mafia posts from the middle of the night, please remember to sleep friends.

Amy giving her explainations/validations of Ara/Dunn’s behaviors is appreciated since I’ve rarely interacted with either of them and I liked that. Also liked SR’s read that Dunn could become an easy vote push simply due to tone and personality, definitely something to keep an eye on.

My read on the jav “joke” post is that it’s NAI at best and a waste of time to get hung up on at worst. The discussion that stemmed from questioning it has been fairly productive in terms of getting the game going though so I don’t think it was all for naught.

Also for anyone who knows me from eimm you’ll understand it’s taking a lot of self-control not to meme about post 27 potentially being a joke post :cate:

33. ISO #83
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    If 27 and 28 from Jav are supposed to be a joke, then I need it broken down to me. As somebody in the United States of America, I was thinking something like this:

-Are posts 27 and 28 meant to be humorous?
    -If so, what is the punchline and/or implication?
    -Was this something that could be flexed between a joke or serious after-the-fact?
    -Is it funny to not read your role pm?

I don't find it humerus but I'm willing to throw a bone anyway and concede that even though I can connect a to c, then that doesn't mean x equals y. Where a is Jav's posts, c is the possible scum motive, and x is y. Or in other words, I do think that is not a full clean slate but I can vote for somebody else. Probably beeboy since he did nothing and then peaced out for 1/3 of the day and I have vague memories of this also happening in a game where he was scum.

##Vote beeboy

34. ISO #84
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    PerC/EiMM
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    hopefully this post isn't too long but will try to summarize my thoughts.

-Claire/Chelsea opening post threw me for a loop and I don't think I'll ever be able to tone read her roleplay, BUT I agree with her wrt SR pushing jav for the jav could do this even if her scum buddy could explain the names thing. That just feels like a really weird/specific/maybe TMI detail to push and think hard about. Problem is for my jav read, doesn't mean sr/jav aren't w/w? Could be a little tmi-y distancing. Unsure.
    -jav asking for names isn't inherently sus, but this read is pending and I don't get the joke post thing
    - Not sure on Ara because her hype to play comes off to me as towny to me, but I frequently misread her. bonus: to leaning town - I agree with her dunn read about him being too serious. Amy, while Dunn has a dry sense of humor, I don't like his focus on the jav joke, which I also don't entirely understand.
    - Agree with SSR that jav joke is probably not that serious and NAI at best, and while I find SR sus because of his focus on the jav asking for names in his first post, I think I can see where SSR is coming from wrt liking the Sr take on Dunn.
    -have never played with Dunn but his posts are kind of stiff and a little forced? Esp last post at 11 AM my time. From what I know of out of game Dunn, he's a joker and a memer so idk if it's a little too try hardy esp at this early stage of the game. scum read based off tone
    -SR - meh. As mentioned before, I feel like going right off the bat after jav for asking for names and being like oh yes jav could do this as scum too was really weird, set off a bajillion alarm bells in my head.
    Amy/Evan/beeboy/are there other people in this game(?) - pending read, I don't know how I feel about Amy's intro joke vote of Evan and Evans response to it. I personally dislike the opening vote posts and it messes up my opening tone reads on people that I usually rely on. Evan's response seems typical of new player responses when being voted, a bit defensive esp tonally, but that's NAI. I also have a town tone read and vague excitement read on Beebs that he's possible town, seems relaxed and not stressed (feel like he would be stressed if he was scum here?) but he hasn't done anything besides joke vote (I think)
    Beru - Today at 1:36 PM
    what's the eimm equivalent of free dead villager
    At the Fishhouses (Excerpt)

I have seen it over and over, the same sea, the same,
    slightly, indifferently swinging above the stones,
    icily free above the stones,
    above the stones and then the world.
    If you should dip your hand in,
    your wrist would ache immediately,
    your bones would begin to ache and your hand would burn
    as if the water were a transmutation of fire
    that feeds on stones and burns with a dark gray flame.
    If you tasted it, it would first taste bitter,
    then briny, then surely burn your tongue.
    It is like what we imagine knowledge to be:
    dark, salt, clear, moving, utterly free,
    drawn from the cold hard mouth
    of the world, derived from the rocky breasts
    forever, flowing and drawn, and since
    our knowledge is historical, flowing, and flown.

35. ISO #85
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafiascum
    2. I can be and often am serious when not playing video games
    3. Your read on beeboy is blatantly fake. Here are his posts:

Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#14)
    ##Vote superstarsrock
    Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#20)
    Ampharos - Amy/Mixoldia
    Arapocalypse - Ara
    beeboy - beeboy
    Chelsea - Claire
    Dunnstral - Dunn
    Hammy - Evan Noe
    Javelinlover - Jav
    Secondhand Revenant - SR/Pawnshop Dragon
    superstarsrock - Lanny/RSSP
    the-middle-of-the-line - Len/Theoboop

I think it's this
    Which of these posts make you think that he's:
    -excited
    -relaxed
    -"not stressed"
    -not scum

The read is nonsense and you're making stuff up

36. ISO #86
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/EiMM
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Okay I see that SR is pushing Ara but the majority of my scum read on him is his first post that has not left my mind.

@Ampharos what do you mean by jav doing jav things, Ara doing Ara things, and SR doing SR things? Explain... I'm a little disappointed by the explanation so far and feel like it's a bit too easy to say and move on

@Hammy any further thoughts on Amy's joke vote on you, now that the thread has moved along? What do you make of jav/Ara/SR interactions? What does Amy being mean... Mean? XD

@beeboy what's your response to Dunn's sus of you? Also @superstarsrock or anyone else that has exp with beebs, is him disappearing alignment indicative? Does beeb hate being scum like my soulread of him says?

Also I just read javs read of sr not being scummy, and that makes me a little sus of jav (in line with Sr behavior post). The way this reads is like super confident from jav, and while I know they are close friends, this smells like to me that jav is trying to pocket sr in the way that I try to pocket alette when I am scum and she is town.

37. ISO #87
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/EiMM
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Lmao I don't think I'm making it up, but I think I mixed up some of beeboy and SSR posts because I read the thread at 6 AM last night

I think I had a slightly angle-shooty read that Beeboy posting before game start indicated excitement for a town rand, sue me (because that's why I accidentally posted too)

Editing the post to say that I used to think beeboy and SSR were the same person bye
    Last edited by the-middle-of-the-line; August 14th, 2021 at 02:49 PM.

38. ISO #88
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/EiMM
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Len's soulreads (don't ask for any clarification or explanation because this is me trying to peer into people's souls, I don't know how to explain this but I think I'll get at least some right, I love doing this because Mangled Fern used to do this and had a pretty high accuracy rate)

Ampharos - randed scum but is trying to be chill and have a good time with friends
    Arapocalypse - very excited to be town and aggressively pushes everything she can
    beeboy - randed town but forgot about the thread or randed scum and early posted because ??
    Chelsea - randed town, probably because has good pushes and I generally agree with her. This is the only not soulread because I don't think I can read Claire's soul.
    Dunnstral - either randed town and has awful tone or just randed scum
    Hammy - possibly randed scum with Amy and the first vote is just an elaborate w/w theatre
    Javelinlover - possibly randed scum and is trying to pocket SR
    Secondhand Revenant - either randed scum and is oowerwolfing by pushing Ara who's probably one of my strongest town reads or is being treated like town by jav which is like ???
    superstarsrock - randed town and is having a good time, seems pretty relaxed and excited to be here
    the-middle-of-the-line - mwah
    Last edited by the-middle-of-the-line; August 14th, 2021 at 02:58 PM.

39. ISO #89
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they

40. ISO #90
    Community
    Mafiascum
    AKA
    MariaR
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#56)
    Hey Chelsea!!!!!! I was momentarily considering whether or not to do something special for interacting with you, considering, but people already often consider my normal posting a character anyway, so..
    Hey Arapocalypse, fancy seeing you here. Character? I have no idea what you're talking about. Just trying to solve these murder cases before ya know, we get taken out ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#56)
    I do agree that it would be a weird way to apply pressure, but that being said, I wouldn't really consider a one-off comment by Secondhand Revenant to be applying pressure per se; I was more interested in looking to see if that goes anywhere, personally!!!
    I know you touched up on this a little but you don’t mind if I extract a little bit more information from you? It seems the route Secondhand Revenant has taken is going from throwing shade to Dunnstral to transferring that shame shade to you for disregarding a post by Ampharos. Can you see how he got from point A to point B or do you find it a little strange?

Whoa missy slow down. This is exactly what I was trying to prevent little ole’ jav from doing but you’re doing it even more so to an extreme circumstance. Listen, I get you have some sense of familiarity with most people here but what you’re doing regardless of your alignment isn’t helpful.

It doesn’t really matter how the push starts, it’s how it continues to grow, especially with the amount of limited air (posts) we have each day. Trying to shut them down on repeat because you ‘know’ the people in question not only is a very easy thing for you to hide behind as mafia, it gives us no information on how you think because all you seem to be doing is sitting on a fence trying to block off conversation. So, even if you disagree with how this started don’t you think it’s alright to leave them be? After all, we gotta suspect each other first in order to trust each other.

I think the first post you’ve made of independent thought that isn’t coated in meta in the one below, good job. Do you have any other pressing thoughts on the not three people you’ve pinged?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naana
    chelsea rolling scum is game breaking

41. ISO #91
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they

##Vote Javelinlover

sorry for the concern about my not reading role pm joke lmfao there’s not an agenda here, i was literally JUST $%#!posting gg. i read my role pm, i paid attention to my alignment and i didn’t realize my joke would become such a hot topic of discussion gg. i will say i’m actually townreading dunn for pushing me ngl cos seems like he’s actually trying to Analyze The Game tm to some extent

42. ISO #92
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/EiMM
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers

"I know you touched up on this a little but you don’t mind if I extract a little bit more information from you? It seems the route Secondhand Revenant has taken is going from throwing shade to Dunnstral to transferring that shame shade to you for disregarding a post by Ampharos. Can you see how he got from point A to point B or do you find it a little strange?"

Going to eat for the first time today and play Minecraft but please ping me if you want me to read stuff, and I will get off my lazy bum and attempt to do stuff

43. ISO #93
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#53)

here’s what me lying looks like: amy is definitely not a catgirl and also is definitely not very cute and very cool

44. ISO #94
    Timezone
    Community
    PerC/EiMM
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Sorry I just have to question why jav is townreading everyone who has pushed her

Kind of sus

Anyway bbl

45. ISO #95
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#54)
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#37)
    ##Vote Chelsea

It took me 2 hours to get through border customs I was so mad.

also jav not reading her rolepm is standard jav ngl
    I just realized, is your avatar Gumshoe?!?!?!?!?! Because, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also oof, that's rough; customs can be a pain internationally!!!!

Also unrelated but semi-related, I just realized at least half the game plays* genshin, which I find mildly amusing!!!

*Depends on the definition of "plays" though!!
    wait ara do you play genshin

46. ISO #96
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#94)
    Sorry I just have to question why jav is townreading everyone who has pushed her

Kind of sus

Anyway bbl
    i townread len :nods:

47. ISO #97
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    WAIT WE HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF POSTS?????

48. ISO #98
    Community
    Mafiascum
    AKA
    MariaR
    If I was to put my thoughts into a list we'd be somewhere around

[the-middle-of-the-line/Dunnstral/Arapocalypse] <--- Good people
    [Ampharos/Javelinlover/Secondhand Revenant] <--People to vote in
    [beeboy/superstarsrock/Hammy] <--vig pool

But these are just some takes from your friendly policeman. Due to change hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Naana
    chelsea rolling scum is game breaking

49. ISO #99
    Community
    Everyone is Mafia Mafia
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#58)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#48)
    hmm, i think ssr's comment about going to canada was nonchalant enough that dunn's question somewhat stood out. so while i don't think it would be enough to make a whole $%#! wallpost about it, it would be justified to post feeling iffy about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinlover (#49)
    this is just from like waht i would do in this situation tho cos obviously i didn't actually post anything regarding dunn's q but i did do a little bit of the y'know slight head tilt thingie
    Have you got any alignment-related thoughts in general on SR thus far, beyond simply that you don't think he sounds off? How serious is your vote on him, regardless?
    in case my uh "ssr stands for super scum read" post didn't blatantly give it away, this vote isn't serious at all lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#63)
    No, 39 was jokey, but that was another way to deflect. I'm talking about the initial post 27 which was in response to 26 (?) which I do not read as a joke.
    ok jesus christ everything in the thread i've said literally up to now is pretty much a joke lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy (#71)
    I also have my Wooper icon so I feel invincible, honestly. My good vibes are indestructible.
    wooper icon ftw

amy ily
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy (#70)

Not that late, all things considered, game only started just about 12 hours ago!!!!!

Meme votes are perfectly fine, you can change them whenever you like!!!

Have you got any sort of indication as to whether you'd lean me and/or Amy any particular alignment? Also, what are your thoughts in particular onn figuring out Jav/Chelsea/SR?

As an aside, sort of curious: have you played any sort of social deduction-type games before? Stuff resistance/avalon, blood on the clocktower, secret hitler, Town of Salem... even among us?
    hey if you have played any or would like to play any of the latter half except blood on the clocktower idk what that is, hmu pls
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarsrock (#82)
    Why are there forum mafia posts from the middle of the night, please remember to sleep friends.

Amy giving her explainations/validations of Ara/Dunn’s behaviors is appreciated since I’ve rarely interacted with either of them and I liked that. Also liked SR’s read that Dunn could become an easy vote push simply due to tone and personality, definitely something to keep an eye on.

My read on the jav “joke” post is that it’s NAI at best and a waste of time to get hung up on at worst. The discussion that stemmed from questioning it has been fairly productive in terms of getting the game going though so I don’t think it was all for naught.

Also for anyone who knows me from eimm you’ll understand it’s taking a lot of self-control not to meme about post 27 potentially being a joke post :cate:
    :byetake27: this was actually definitely intentional and i posted it specifically for you you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#83)
    If 27 and 28 from Jav are supposed to be a joke, then I need it broken down to me. As somebody in the United States of America, I was thinking something like this:

-Are posts 27 and 28 meant to be humorous?
    -If so, what is the punchline and/or implication?
    -Was this something that could be flexed between a joke or serious after-the-fact?
    -Is it funny to not read your role pm?

I don't find it humerus but I'm willing to throw a bone anyway and concede that even though I can connect a to c, then that doesn't mean x equals y. Where a is Jav's posts, c is the possible scum motive, and x is y. Or in other words, I do think that is not a full clean slate but I can vote for somebody else. Probably beeboy since he did nothing and then peaced out for 1/3 of the day and I have vague memories of this also happening in a game where he was scum.

##Vote beeboy
    first of all: good pun, i chuckled. second of all, i didn't realize there was a post cap so i was literally just throwing out whatever my mind was thinking and this joke was on my mind because the first time i read my role pm i didn't actually read it and didn't notice the little clicky linky thingie and when i tried to post in the thread it told me to go back to click it. gg

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnstral (#85)
    1. I never sleep
    2. I can be and often am serious when not playing video games
    3. Your read on beeboy is blatantly fake. Here are his posts:

Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#14)
    ##Vote superstarsrock
    Quote Originally Posted by beeboy (#20)
    Ampharos - Amy/Mixoldia
    Arapocalypse - Ara
    beeboy - beeboy
    Chelsea - Claire
    Dunnstral - Dunn
    Hammy - Evan Noe
    Javelinlover - Jav
    Secondhand Revenant - SR/Pawnshop Dragon
    superstarsrock - Lanny/RSSP
    the-middle-of-the-line - Len/Theoboop

I think it's this
    Which of these posts make you think that he's:
    -excited
    -relaxed
    -"not stressed"
    -not scum

The read is nonsense and you're making stuff up
    i really like this post, i like that dunn is factchecking len for a read. townread, i'm townreading another person who was pushing me get $%#!ed len
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#86)
    Okay I see that SR is pushing Ara but the majority of my scum read on him is his first post that has not left my mind.

@Ampharos what do you mean by jav doing jav things, Ara doing Ara things, and SR doing SR things? Explain... I'm a little disappointed by the explanation so far and feel like it's a bit too easy to say and move on

@Hammy any further thoughts on Amy's joke vote on you, now that the thread has moved along? What do you make of jav/Ara/SR interactions? What does Amy being mean... Mean? XD

@beeboy what's your response to Dunn's sus of you? Also @superstarsrock or anyone else that has exp with beebs, is him disappearing alignment indicative? Does beeb hate being scum like my soulread of him says?

Also I just read javs read of sr not being scummy, and that makes me a little sus of jav (in line with Sr behavior post). The way this reads is like super confident from jav, and while I know they are close friends, this smells like to me that jav is trying to pocket sr in the way that I try to pocket alette when I am scum and she is town.
    what does pocketing mean also i was just like, doing the thing i do in anon where i go through a conversation and try to predict how people would respond to see if it aligns to any of the responses and i was just saying that shr's seems to line up with how i'd expect him to respond lmfao, just like amy is responding how i would expect her to respond and so is ssr lmao.

50. ISO #100
    Low Hanging Fruit superstarsrock's Avatar
    Community
    Maidens of the Kaleidoscope
    AKA
    ssr
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#86)
    @superstarsrock or anyone else that has exp with beebs, is him disappearing alignment indicative? Does beeb hate being scum like my soulread of him says?
    I think other people have legitimately played mafia with him before but I have not, apparently he has some massive discrepancies in post counts when scum vs town.