Page 1 of 246 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Folk Tale Mash Game Thread

1. ISO #1

Folk Tale Mash Game Thread

Folk Tale Mash

Hosted By: @LordQuas, @Aquilla, & w/ flavor by @Garden Gnome. Hosted on this account
    Start Date: August 23rd, 2021
    Size: 44
    SOD/EOD: 10am/10pm EST
    Phase Lengths: 12/12
    Setup: Mash
    Night Chat: No unless otherwise stated in role PM. Mafia 24/7
    Out of Thread Communication: No unless otherwise stated in role PM. Mafia 24/7
    Posting Requirement: Five posts minimum per day. If you don't meet this I'll ask you once if you need a sub during the night, and if you say yes or fail to respond I will sub you out. If you say no and still fail to meet the minimum in a later day I will sub you out as well. I won't even bother asking if you zero post.

1. @Ren4977
    2. @Apocryphal Thaumaturge
    3. @Wisdom
    4. @dyachei
    5. @PunchyTheCat
    6. @Deli
    7. @Kane (twice)
    8. @Jaleb
    9. @ondine
    10. @DuckQueen
    11. @insomnia
    12. @Phraze
    13. @illario
    14. @Kokoro Mitsume
    15. @Ruby Wednesday
    16. @The Pied Piper
    17. @TigerWoodsPGATour2004
    18. @Abraham DeLacey
    19. @Marluxion
    20. @Grant
    21. @Variance
    22. @c4e5g3d5
    23. @Macdougall
    24. @nutella
    25. @Twice Shrunk
    26. @Dedenne
    27. @moth
    28. @Salamander
    29. @Boquise
    30. @min
    31. @DoctorZeus
    32. @Michelle
    33. @persephone
    34. @Champ
    35. @EvanManManMan
    36. @Wurzel Scummidge
    37. @Outlier
    38. @fanmail
    39. @D3x
    40. @Poison
    41. @e4e5Nf3Nc6Bb5Nf6O-ONxe4d4
    42. @skitty
    43. @Pony
    44. @ryanyb

1. @The Lukundo (n4 & on)
    2. @Bunnelby (ping if more needed)
    3. @Frog
    4. @skitty
    5. @Megumin (d3 on)
    6. @Mistyx
    7. @Arapocalypse
    8. @GGhana
    9. @ladd
    10. @Biohaz
    etc...

1. @Hydreigon
    2. @junefox
    etc...
    Last edited by Brothers Grimm; August 23rd, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

2. ISO #2
    ITA TIMES

ITAs will begin on Day 2. There will be two ITA sessions per day, one at 1pm EST and one at 6pm EST. The default is 1 ITA shot per person with 15% accuracy.

ACTION SUBMISSION DEADLINE

Day actions will be processed at three times each day. These are your "Day Action Submission Deadlines" in a sense. The first will be right before ITA 1 (1pm EST), the second will be right before ITA 2 (6pm EST), and the third will be an hour before EoD (9pm EST).

Night actions must be submitted 1 hour before SoD. That is 9am EST!

3. ISO #3
    DO NOT SHARE PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS YOU HAD WITH THE GAME HOST

If you have any questions at all, please send them to us. That's what we're here to do! But please do not reference any sort of host communication at all. Its a rule on MU and its a rule here, thank you.

Please do not talk about player substitutions

Acknowledging a player was subbed is fine and totally normal. Please do not talk about or speculate as to why a player was substituted. This also goes for as to why a player was modkilled

Flavor is NOT ALIGNMENT INDICATIVE. Flavor/Character claiming is PERFECTLY FINE

Still, do not screenshot or directly quote your role PM. But claiming your flavor is both fine, and in no way indicative of your roles alignment.

4. ISO #4
    This is an example Vanilla Town role PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas
    Vanilla Town Sample Role PM

You are a member of the Town. You win when the Mafia and any other potential threats to the Town have been eliminated.

You are Vanilla Town, you have your vote and an ITA shot, good luck!

And an example Town PR role
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas
    Town PR Sample Role PM

You are a member of the Town. You win when the Mafia and any other potential threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Ability Name This ability is very cool and does many things

5. ISO #5
    By the Way, If this is your first Mash

I would highly recommend giving this beginner's guide to mashes by Chris a skim. He does a good job breaking down the weirdness of very large games into some easy to understand components

There's also this equally very good guide to village play in mashes written by Amrock, but really it can be useful as any alignment. Its also very good, and builds well on the first article, its just a lot longer.

6. ISO #6
    Rand should be complete! Please DM me on this account if you have any role questions, or are still missing a role. Good luck!

7. ISO #7
    One day, Alice and her sister Margaret were having a cup of tea, along with cucumber sandwiches and a few other tiny tea party sandwiches. They were sitting at a table outside.
    "In Wonderland, we drank a lot of tea with a very mad hatter, who asked a lot of personal questions, and a sleepy dormouse, and a March hare," Alice announced.
    "What an odd story," said Margaret. "I have never read such an odd story, and I have read many books. How did you know that it was a March hare and not an April hare or a February hare?"
    "Well, I didn't. Maybe we can find out. Why don't you come to Wonderland with me?"
    "I do have to help Mother after we finish our tea. We are hemming the napkins," said Margaret very tentatively.
    "How about tomorrow morning after breakfast and before tea? You'll have so much fun. You don't have to worry about the Queen of Hearts calling for heads to be cut off. Please come!"
    "The Queen of Hearts?" Margaret thought. "Why should I worry about a playing card?"
    The next day, Alice begged Margaret to come with her to Wonderland and, worn out from all of the begging, Margaret agreed to visit Wonderland, which she thought sounded quite frightening. She really wasn't sure that she wanted to have this much adventure. Margaret told Alice that she preferred her adventures to be written down in books, but Alice let Margaret know that the best adventures were the lived ones. The two sisters walked arm and arm to the place where Alice fell down the rabbit hole but, alas, the hole was filled up by a very large tree. Alice wondered how a tree had grown so quickly because it was really quite tall and produced a lot of shade. She walked up to the tree and saw that there was some sort of indentation on the tree trunk. In fact, she saw hinges. Margaret grabbed something that looked like a knot in the tree trunk but it actually was a doorknob.
    "Oh, my goodness," exclaimed Margaret, as she pulled the tree door open. Both Margaret and Alice entered and closed the door behind them. There they found a flight of stairs heading downward. They walked down so many stairs that they became tired. At the bottom, they saw a sign hung crookedly from a wall. It said, "Folk Tale Land (formerly Wonderland)." Another sign read, "Open under new management."
    Alice and Margaret walked out of the stairwell into a sunny valley. There, many characters in costume ran around, seemingly very busy. There were characters from Mother Goose rhymes and from Grimm's fairy tales and even some characters that Alice did not recognize.
    "Oh, the people from my books have come to life," declared Margaret excitedly.
    A theater usher approached Alice and Margaret. "Do you have tickets"? he asked.
    "Tickets?" asked Alice. "For what?"
    "For the grand show," said the usher.
    "Ummm," said Alice.
    "Yes," said Margaret. "There was an envelope in the stairwell. I picked them up for us. They even have our names embossed on the tickets."
    "Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice, as the usher led them into the theater and presented them with programs.
    "The folk tale extravaganza," Alice read. Then she noticed that the show was described as "interactive theater."
    "Oooh, how exciting," said Margaret, who forgot that she preferred to read about adventures, rather than have them. "We are part of the show."
    The lights were extinguished, and the show began.

8. ISO #8
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Day 1 Start »
    Folk Tale mash Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

Day 1 ends at 10:00 AM EDT on Monday, August 23rd, 2021. There are 1629727260000 remaining.

9. ISO #9
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
  10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    UTC+05:30
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

11. ISO #11
    Connoisseur of Spice nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
  12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Duckling, Ducky, Hanna
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Hi

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    AT LEAST I'M FIRST TO SAY FIRST.

hello human

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Outskirts of Paris
    AKA
    Abraham DeLacey Giuseppe Casey Thomas O'Malley -- O'malley the Alley Cat

16. ISO #16
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    I accidentally inimized the window while posting that
    How was I still first
    Slowpokes

17. ISO #17
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Folk Tale mash Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    45 Not voting Ren4977 (0), Champ (1), Dedenne (0), moth (0), Salamander (0), Boquise (0), min (0), DoctorZeus (0), Michelle (0), persephone (0), EvanManManMan (0), nutella (1), Wurzel Scummidge (0), Outlier (0), fanmail (0), D3x (0), Poison (2), e4e5Nf3Nc6Bb5Nf6O-ONxe4d4 (0), skitty (0), Pony (0), ryanyb (0), Twice Shrunk (0), Macdougall (0), Apocryphal Thaumaturge (0), insomnia (0), Wisdom (0), dyachei (0), PunchyTheCat (0), Deli (0), Kane (0), Jaleb (0), ondine (0), DuckQueen (1), Phraze (0), c4e5g3d5 (2), illario (0), Kokoro Mitsume (0), Ruby Wednesday (0), The Pied Piper (0), TigerWoodsPGATour2004 (0), Abraham DeLacey (1), Marluxion (0), Grant (0), Variance (0), The Headless Horseman (0)

View Vote History

It was a tie. Phraze was eliminated at random. They were: Temp.
    Standby for Manual Role PM

Day 1 has ended.

Day 1 ended at 10:00 AM EDT on Monday, August 23rd, 2021.

18. ISO #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#17)

45 Not voting Ren4977 (0), Champ (1), Dedenne (0), moth (0), Salamander (0), Boquise (0), min (0), DoctorZeus (0), Michelle (0), persephone (0), EvanManManMan (0), nutella (1), Wurzel Scummidge (0), Outlier (0), fanmail (0), D3x (0), Poison (2), e4e5Nf3Nc6Bb5Nf6O-ONxe4d4 (0), skitty (0), Pony (0), ryanyb (0), Twice Shrunk (0), Macdougall (0), Apocryphal Thaumaturge (0), insomnia (0), Wisdom (0), dyachei (0), PunchyTheCat (0), Deli (0), Kane (0), Jaleb (0), ondine (0), DuckQueen (1), Phraze (0), c4e5g3d5 (2), illario (0), Kokoro Mitsume (0), Ruby Wednesday (0), The Pied Piper (0), TigerWoodsPGATour2004 (0), Abraham DeLacey (1), Marluxion (0), Grant (0), Variance (0), The Headless Horseman (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 has ended.

???? Modbot u ok???

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    Outskirts of Paris
    AKA

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

21. ISO #21
    Thread Analyst e4e5Nf3Nc6Bb5Nf6O-ONxe4d4's Avatar
    AKA
    Rokon
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A PAWN INTO THE C5. ITS THE SICILIAN AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN GRANDMASTER, MAGNUS CARLSEN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME KNIGHT FORKS OR EVEN WHEN I BLUNDER MY ROOKS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY HORIZONTALLY PINNED THEIR OPONNENT'S ROOK WITH THEIR QUEEN. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS STILL PLAY THE LONDON SYSTEM. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY CHESSBOARD LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING CRYING EVERY MORNING.

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Brothers Grimm (#18)

View Vote History

Day 1 has ended.

???? Modbot u ok???
    LMAO, I DON'T THINK SO

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham DeLacey (#19)
    i guess we should kill phraze
    that worked in the last game i played

25. ISO #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Brothers Grimm (#18)

View Vote History

Day 1 has ended.

???? Modbot u ok???
    You set day end at AM not PM I think

26. ISO #26
    H-hi!

I was waiting for this game. I'm glad to make your acquaintance, I'm Dedenne like the pokemon, I don't feel comfortable sharing more about me atm, but I hope we all have a good time.

Pronouns can be they/them please.

27. ISO #27
    Literally no idea why it did that, Phraze has been revived and game should be fine

wack

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by e4e5Nf3Nc6Bb5Nf6O-ONxe4d4 (#21)
    EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A PAWN INTO THE C5. ITS THE SICILIAN AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN GRANDMASTER, MAGNUS CARLSEN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME KNIGHT FORKS OR EVEN WHEN I BLUNDER MY ROOKS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY HORIZONTALLY PINNED THEIR OPONNENT'S ROOK WITH THEIR QUEEN. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS STILL PLAY THE LONDON SYSTEM. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY CHESSBOARD LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING CRYING EVERY MORNING.
    MODBOT KILLED YOU BECAUSE YOUR NAME HURTS MY BRAIN

29. ISO #29
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving

30. ISO #30
    In keeping with my already established and thus indisputably meta town playstyle

##Vote Sleep

ZZzzz

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    Outskirts of Paris
    AKA

32. ISO #32
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    You're literally not the Sicilian

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    Outskirts of Paris
    AKA
    that worked in the last game i played
    let's save it for later when we can cfd them

34. ISO #34
    Look at the opening post, day 1 end set at 10 AM, so modbot ended day at 10:01 am

think thats all it was lol

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Duckling, Ducky, Hanna
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    H-hi!

I was waiting for this game. I'm glad to make your acquaintance, I'm Dedenne like the pokemon, I don't feel comfortable sharing more about me atm, but I hope we all have a good time.

you should share a little bit more about you.

what's your least fav faction and why?

37. ISO #37
    I don't think that's a good idea, game just started and they are not around, please give them a chance to speak first. uwu

38. ISO #38
    AKA
    Rokon
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#32)
    You're literally not the Sicilian
    I'm a 1. d4 main

39. ISO #39
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Guess it had something to do with day starting a minute early

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#29)
    Modbot: "$%#! you in particular Phraze"
    it's a sign that phraze's the chosen one.

:Chaos:

41. ISO #41
    AKA
    Rokon
    Pronouns
    So uh
    hi

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I don't think that's a good idea, game just started and they are not around, please give them a chance to speak first. uwu
    sus.

43. ISO #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison (#36)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedenne (#26)
    H-hi!

you should share a little bit more about you.

what's your least fav faction and why?
    I like being town, because being a wolf is more stressful and I'm really obvious in person, so I always get caught, but maybe it's harder to find people online. Overall I still prefer to be town.

44. ISO #44
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    AKA
    Twice
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

and I'll puff

and I'll murder the whole game

in a breath

45. ISO #45
    Quote Originally Posted by e4e5Nf3Nc6Bb5Nf6O-ONxe4d4 (#41)
    So uh
    hi
    besides the gimmick, what value can you provide the town?

46. ISO #46
    Community
    the sock drawer
    AKA
    moms meatloaf, brainbomb
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
  47. ISO #47
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    AKA
    Twice
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

if flavor isn't alignment indicative

does that mean the big bad woof can be town

question i ask myself

48. ISO #48
    Community
    ToS
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
  49. ISO #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison (#42)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedenne (#37)
    sus.
    Why? do you know something we don't, why is Phraze a good target?

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Cookie in the woods
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself