Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 8, Semifinals 3: Yo ho! A Mafia's life for me (The Mafia Championship)

1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8, Semifinals 3: Yo ho! A Mafia's life for me (The Mafia Championship)

SEASON 8, SEMIFINAL 3: YO HO! A MAFIA'S LIFE FOR ME (THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 8 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from all over the world

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @MasterRadish providing flavor
    Start Date: August 30th, 2021
    Start of Day/End of Day: 6PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Elimination Mechanics: Deadline Elimination (person with most votes is eliminated at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be eliminated. Sleep is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more miselimination leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 150 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).

2x Mafia Goons
    1x Mafia Roleblocker
    1x Town Motion Detector
    1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)
    1x Town Doctor
    9x Vanilla Townie

Flips are alignment only.

Relevant mechanics info:

• Day start.
    • Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • The Town Doctor is unable to make consecutive saves on the same person two nights in a row, and can't self-target
    • Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    • The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Mafia Roleblocker Role PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Mafia Roleblocker. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

Mafia Team

Mafia Chat: ...

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Mafia Roleblocker

As Mafia Roleblocker, you have access to the Roleblocking Night Action. Roleblocking another player prevents them from being able to successfully use any Night Action that they might have that night. You will not learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.

Game Thread: ...

Town Motion Detector Role PM:

Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Motion Detector. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Motion Detector

As Town Motion Detector, you have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Town Vigilante (n2+) Role PM:
    Role PM for Example Game

You are 1-Shot Town Vigilante | Cycle 2+. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Vigilante

As Town Vigilante, you have access to the Shoot Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Cycle X

The Cycle X modifier makes your role restricted to one cycle. You may act during that cycle but will be unable to act before and after.

You can act on Cycle 2+ in this game.

X-Shot

The X-Shot modifier limits the number of times you can use your Night actions. If you spend all of your shots then you will not be able to use Night actions anymore.

You have 1 shots at the start of the game.

Game Thread: ...[/QUOTE]

Town Doctor Role PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Doctor. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Doctor

As Town Doctor, you have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

PLAYER COMMUNITY GAME
    @Ampharos Smogon Game 7
    @c4e5g3d5 Art of Problem Solving Game 5
    @ejjinami Town of Salem Game 9
    @Esooa CivFanatics MU Subforum Game 10
    @Holyflare TL Exiles Game 1
    @itslevi DailyMafia Game 1
    @Justinrs2 Play Diplomacy Game 3
    @Justplayingitcool Neoseeker - Wrestling Game 5
    @Necrominus Boards.ie Game 7
    @orangeandblack5 Liars Club Online Game 8
    @Pilica Wolfia Discord Game 4
    @Secondhand Revenant Everyone Is Mafia Mafia Game 6
    @The Sun Fan Zelda Dungeon Game 8
    @vanity. Mafia Universe Game 9
    @Wisdom Maffia Sverige Game 9

Spectate the game on our Discord server

Read more about this season here

If you need to talk to someone privately about your role/the game/champs/anything, feel free to message @Arapocalypse (Arapocalypse#0834), @Lissa (Lissa#8083), @nutella (nutella#2792), or @roro__b (Dobby#6775)!
    Last edited by Mantichora; August 29th, 2021 at 09:39 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    MiniMafia

1) Ampharos

REPRESENTING: Smogon

NATIONALITY: Texan

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2010

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Epicmafia, Smogon, Mafiascum, Serenes Forest, Bulbagarden, Mafia Universe, Town of Salem (the flash game, not the forum), totalwar.org, Mafia Colosseum, Magic: the Gathering Salvation, The Syndicate, Dark Lord Potter. also irl. i have a problem.

BIO:

Too tired to write my bio so I had other people do it for me.

"Amy is acceptable"
    -Voxxicus

"amy put on an excellent wolf performance in her recent qualifier

and has an impressive level of restraint about my inability to ever get tired of my terrible jokes"
    -Lissa

"Amy Hates Werewolves

You know what I heard about Amy?
    Amy hates werewolves.
    Icky, wriggly, hairy, ugly werewolves!
    That's why we're all friends with her.

Amy has a cute singing voice.
    I heard her singing my favorite postrock emotional epic.
    Every time she sang the chorus, my heart would pound to the rhythm of the words.
    And she's good at Werewolf.

One time, I got dropped into PoE.
    Amy helped me up and chainsaw defended me.
    I tried not to let her throw herself under the bus for me.
    She likes playing, so it's rare for her to live past Day 2.

Amy has a lot of friends.
    I always see her talking to people.
    She probably talks about Werewolf.
    What if her friends start to like Werewolf too?

It doesn't matter if she has other hobbies.
    It doesn't matter if she keeps it private.
    It doesn't matter if it doesn't hurt anyone.

It's cool.
    She's cool.
    The world is better off with Amy in it.

And I'm gonna tell everyone."
    -Ranmilia

"walrus and music aficionado, hates the .mov file format, sam ehlinger fan, name is in big scary red, weeb, occasionally plays mafia"
    -Zack

"Solid exhausted big sister vibes."
    -Bunnelby

"Do you sell mafia players?
    We sell forbidden objects from places men fear to tread. We also sell frozen yoghurt, which I call frogurt.
    Well I need something for Lissa's mafia championship.
    Ah, perhaps this will please the lady.
    Take this player but beware she carries a terrible curse.
    Oooh that's bad.
    But she comes with easy to read posts.
    That's good.
    The posts are text walls.
    That's bad.
    But you get your choice of avatar.
    That's good.
    The avatars contain anime girls.
    That's bad.
    Can I go now?"
    -Visorslash

“it is rumored that ms. amy a ampharos is always a wolf. this cannot be any further from the truth. according to a 2021 study (source: your mother) amy has not randed wolf since idk a long $%#!ing time. also she wasn’t actually wolfy in any number of her village games across the past year. in conclusion, amy is a villager uwu. choose a different tunnel spec chat gg.

she is also a walrus legend and certified gamer girl. sounds like a champion in the making tbqfh. just don’t take her to endgame, she might cry. :< i also heard she is better than at least one other player in her game. who knows who that person is! >w<

anyways, amy is cool and yall will witness that! glgl containing her power, if you even can! >ᴗ<”
    ~vanity.

"Amy A. Ampharos introduced me to V-Tubers and I often curse her name as I hit the play button on yet another Mori Calliope song."
    -Sunbae

"amy is cracked"
    -superstarsrock

"strange nerd"
    -lute

"Amy is cute"
    -Dp101

"Is named after a pokemon. Do with this information what you will."
    -Lenny Len Theo "the-middle-of-the-line" Theoboop

"Amy is like the human version of the power of teamwork. Her ability to find a solid town core by synthesising and critiquing her own good reads and others' helps bring the thread into more than the sum of its parts, and that same ability to read the room translates into an artful scum presence. Her determination, patience, and ability to present her reasoning can make all but the most hard-headed villagers waver. Whichever side gets her will be sure to have a dedicated and, frankly, really fun ally to work with - I've always, always enjoyed playing with Amy, regardless of whether I enjoyed the actual game LOL.

Also, if she rolls scum, I'm sure she'll link some pretty fire songs in the chat if you let her."
    -jumpluff

https://vocaroo.com/13Zavw7UASwC
    -SmartBomb

"Have you ever wanted to match wits with a brilliant team player, certified weeb, expert trombonist, artist of various mediums, Twitch streamer, and devious mafia schemer rolled into one mafia extraordinaire? Well, now's your chance - don't miss out on playing with the one and only Amy A. Ampharos!!!"
    ~Arapocalypse

"Oh yes sorry, don't really have anything on mind"
    -Secondhand "Pawnshop Dragon" Revenant

2) c4e5g3d5

REPRESENTING: Art of Problem Solving

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Art of Problem Solving, Mafia Universe, The Syndicate, The Org, Liar's Club

BIO:

3) ejjinami

REPRESENTING: Town of Salem

NATIONALITY: Polish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Town of Salem, MafiaUniverse, MafiaScum, NovelUpdates, mafia451, TheSyndicate

BIO:
    I join games in order to lose. The worse I fail, the more I can improve.

Do I have any confidence in winning the champs? no.
    But I’ll try everything I can to do so!

4) Esooa

REPRESENTING: CivFanatics MU Subforum

NATIONALITY: English

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: CFC, MU, Epicmafia, mafiascum, the org, POG, the syndicate, forum of lies

BIO:

5) Holyflare

REPRESENTING: TL Exiles

NATIONALITY: British

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 20XX

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: TL Mafia, TL Exiles (Discord)

BIO:
    On this site I have:

1) Won 100% of the games I have played as mafia.

2) Won an award for every game that I have rolled mafia in.

Please don’t be afraid!

6) itslevi

REPRESENTING: DailyMafia

NATIONALITY: Earthling

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2006

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: DailyMafia, Super Mafia AllStars, Town of Salem

BIO:
    My name's Levi, math nerd and player of various social deduction games. I once famously exposed a multi-million dollar cryptocurrency scam on Reddit, so this should be easy in comparison... right?

7) Justinrs2

REPRESENTING: Play Diplomacy

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:

Disclaimer: I will not cooperate with the "bucket strat". I refuse. I will probably try to actively sabotage it.

That out of the way, hi all. I'm a relatively new player just here to enjoy myself. Did well enough in g3 that I can afford to make a fool of myself in semis without destroying playdip's reputation. And that is really all I ever wanted.

It's been an odd year but I am starting to come up on a full year playing mafia. Feels simultaneously like it hasn't been that long and like it's been far longer. My mafia birthday coincides with finals, so jury please do not send me so I can have a break and relax on my mafia birthday, you monsters.

Justin — Today at 12:10 AM
    In other news
    I'm ruining bucket strat game 3
    No one can stop me
    Fatmo — Today at 12:10 AM
    lol
    Justin — Today at 12:10 AM
    I might get DKed d1 for it if some chuds get mad
    But such is life
    Fatmo — Today at 12:12 AM
    lmao
    Listen to your heart
    You got it, Fatty Daddy.

8) Justplayingitcool

REPRESENTING: Neoseeker - Wrestling Clique

NATIONALITY: UK

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2010 (maybe)

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Neoseeker, The Syndicate, Mafia Universe

BIO:

What the fudge nuggets did you just mothersmucker say about me, you little Barbara Streisand? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Bonking Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed bonks. I am trained in bonking warfare and I'm the top bonker in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will bonk you the fish paste out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my criminey words. You think you can get away with saying that tartar sauce to me over the Internet? Think again, Donald Duck. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of bonkers across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the bonk, maggot. The bonk that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're bonked, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can bonk you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed bonking, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to bonk your miserable $%#! off the face of the continent, you little raspberry. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ducking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will cuss bonk all over you and you will drown in it. You're bonked, kiddo.

9) Necrominus

REPRESENTING: Boards.ie

NATIONALITY: Irish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Boards.ie, irishpokerboards.com, Mafia Universe, forumofgames.com, Facebook Groups, Discord

BIO:

A complex being that some say is part cat, part human, part gif machine, Necro began playing Werewolf after reading a game on Boards and wondering what the actual hell was going on. Since signing up for the next one 'just to see what it was like' Werewolf has brought a whole new realm of online friends into Necro's life, many of which he has met in real life and formed lifetime friendships with. Some, as he has only discovered in the past 18 months are even his work colleagues!!

Ok enough third person spiel.

Mafia/Werewolf to me is about having fun. My favourite role is NRV/vanilla town as I love trying to make the pieces fit with the least amount of information available. Like a really difficult puzzle. I don't always have the answers but I will always try my hardest no matter what the situation.

While recently it's been a very trying time for our Boards community with the platform upgrades I am hopeful for the future as we now have our own little place to continue the tradition started on Boards in 2016 by Jayop. (forumofgames.com, check us out! )

It's an honour to represent my community in a more global game, and I'm very much looking forward to playing with all the others from the qualifiers.

'Winning isn't everything, the real victory is in the journey'

Good luck everyone!

10) orangeandblack5

REPRESENTING: Liar's Club Online

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Flow, Mafia451, Town of Salem Forums, Throne of Lies Forums, Chief Delphi, Mafia Universe, Mafia Colosseum, Pokémon Showdown, Magic the Gathering: Salvation Forums, Ludio.gg

BIO:

11) Pilica

REPRESENTING: Wolfia Discord

NATIONALITY: Swiss (actually each a quarter Swiss, Liechtenstein, Italian and Austrian)

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2006 (3rd grade, Werewolf game), 2011 (Forum)

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: ToS, Discord (Wolfia),Sweet Amoris, Eldarya, MU, FoM

BIO:

Quote Originally Posted by Gir (#5256)
    P-posting cutesy danganronpa gifs ain't gonna make me TR you more! Baka!
    I'm not one who often does isos or big big analysises, if I don't have to. I'm more going after feelings and things that stick out to me. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. As a not native speaker I sometimes misunderstand things so talk with me to clear things up. I am always wolfy no matter my alignment and am more often mislimed than rightfully eliminated, so flip me to find out XD Look forward for gifs to encapture my reactions and some joking around.

12) Secondhand Revenant

REPRESENTING: Everyone Is Mafia Mafia

NATIONALITY: US

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Forum Mafia 2016ish?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MU, EiMM

BIO:
    Hi, I'm Secondhand Revenant, usually shorted to SR on these forums. I've been in champs seasons 3 and 5 prior to this, and have repped a different community every time. I started really seriously playing forum mafia during season 3, although I've become a bit less frequent a player in recent years. Anyways, good luck and hope we have fun here.

13) The Sun Fan

REPRESENTING: Zelda Dungeon

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Flashflashrevolution, DailyMafia, Super Mafia All-Stars, LastLifeForums, ZeldaDungeon, Bulbagarden, 2+2, MafiaUniverse, FFYA

BIO:

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian multinational fast food restaurant chain. Based in Toronto, Tim Hortons serves coffee, doughnuts and other fast food items.[5][6] It is Canada's largest quick-service restaurant chain, with 4,846 restaurants in 14 countries as of December 31, 2018.[4][7][8][9]

The company was founded in 1964 in Hamilton, Ontario, by Canadian hockey player Tim Horton and Jim Charade,[10] after an initial venture in hamburger restaurants.[11][12] In 1967, Horton partnered with investor Ron Joyce, who assumed control over operations after Horton died in 1974. Joyce expanded the chain into a multi-billion dollar franchise. Charade left the organization in 1966 and briefly returned in 1970 and 1993 through 1996.

On August 26, 2014, Burger King agreed to purchase Tim Hortons for US$11.4 billion.[13] The chain became a subsidiary of the Canadian holding company Restaurant Brands International, which is majority-owned by Brazilian investment firm 3G Capital, on December 15, 2014.[14]

14) vanity.

REPRESENTING: Mafia Universe

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): early 2010's

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:
    Pokemon Online, EpicMafia, Mafia.gg, DailyMafia, MiniMafia, Super Mafia All-Stars, MafiaUniverse, The Syndicate

BIO:
    3 facts:
    1) im gay
    2) trans rights are human rights
    3) [redacted due to spec chat's request but if you know me you probably know what it is]

>w<

15) Wisdom

REPRESENTING: Maffia Sverige

NATIONALITY: Sweden

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2005

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Maffia Sverige (IRL and video), Mafia Universe, Town of Salem (the game), Throne of Lies (forum), The Syndicate (video and forum), DarkSide, MiniMafia, Daily Mafia.

BIO:
    Before joining MU two years ago I had played/hosted 500+ games with the same setup every time. For that to work and still be fun you need to do shenanigans to break the meta, all the time. I'm the kind of player that does things that makes no sense (like outing the cop as VT) to anyone except my brain at the time. I'm also the kind of player who gets to be the cop in a closed (IRL) 24er with 23 wolves, without roles getting randed. That's probably what you can expect of me. I try to have fun and keep the game going, while meeting a lot of nice people. Roleflipless is kinda neat since Maffia Sverige only play flipless.

Outside of the thread I'm a teacher/writer/gamer. Got some Zelda tattoos and used to compete in Settlers of Catan. I might have my first proper novel publishing contract on its way so fingers crossed!

Let's hype and stay hyped!
    Last edited by nutella; August 30th, 2021 at 06:39 PM.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8, Semifinals 3: Yo ho! A Mafia's life for me (The Mafia Championship): Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 15 Players

x2 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Roleblocker | Non-consecutive
    x9 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Vigilante | 1-Shot, Cycle 2+
    x1 Town Doctor | Non-consecutive
    x1 Town Motion Detector

Example Role PMs
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when there are no threats to Town remaining.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and there are no other evil factions remaining at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in when the Town must eliminate correctly.
    • Sleep is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@Ampharos
    @c4e5g3d5
    @ejjinami
    @Esooa
    @Holyflare
    @itslevi
    @Justinrs2
    @Justplayingitcool
    @Necrominus
    @orangeandblack5
    @Pilica
    @Secondhand Revenant
    @The Sun Fan
    @vanity.
    @Wisdom

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B failed.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no eliminating and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

HOW TO VOTE

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].
    HOW TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.
    HOW TO REQUEST A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).