Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 761

Thread: Euro-friendly September Ultra-light Game

  1. ISO #51
    Thread Analyst Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    978
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Mr. Holmes
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#50)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#46)
    Yo yo yo

    Been a while

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#13)
    Hello again to everyone I've played with before (variance, twice Shrunk and c4 I think?)

    Good to meet everyone else. I've not played this set up before but looking forward to it. I imagine it will be quite slow. I'm a villager for those interested
    ##Vote DoctorZeus

    My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#16)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#15)
    I reckon no better than average. I think they've always been town when I've played with them, and, I think play style will be very very different in this set up.

    Do you know many people?

    Does anyone, and, are there any alts about?
    I might be familiar with some, but not enough to trust any read based on familiarity, as the last time we've played dates far back.
    However, I did play with Ciderhead and Scipio1 in recent games. I'd say I have a slight understanding of Cider's town game, but recall next to nothing about Scipio.
    Do you have a link to the game we've played? I vaguely recall the name but can't remember the specific game

    GTH snapshot reads that are probably best ignored:

    Zeus/Sherlock not w/w

    Lag I don't agree with the read but think it might come from a villagery place

    Twice v. Schweppes maybe as well. C4 too actually, though with a descending degree of confidence

    Scipio not quite seeing what C4 is there, but nothing wrong

    Variance gut town read their entrance but nothing strong

    That's about it so far
    I'm afraid I don't remember the exact game as well, but what you mention to be GTH snapshot reads were most of your reads in that game. Perhaps it was a turbo, but I digress.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#43)
    Schweppes prob town

    Twice is capable of towny nitpicking as wolf but don't think this looks like it, more getting snagged on something than trying to find one detail to use as a token
    Plus it was caused by an insult to his play and not an actual game-relevant action or anything so that's always a plus

    Welcome to the AoPS trust tell circlejerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#44)
    ...maybe I'm missing something but... P#36 is clearly a reference to my play this game.

    Like, he's talking in the present tense in this thread.

    Obviously, he's talking about my play this game.

    Ok, so apparently I misunderstood, but ok, my problem is not that Schweppes thinks I wolfside by not explaining my reads bc that's been said multiple times in the past few months and I don't really care.

    I'm not sure what's wrong with what I said, while it's not really that concerning, I still struggle to understand what led Schweppes to think that, and his response was very... uninformative.

    He says I answered my question, but the only "answer" I see doesn't explain anything about this game in particular.

    @c4e5g3d5 am curious why you townread Schweppes
    @c4e5g3d5
    This response from Twice Shrunk has me a bit confused, as I notice I'm missing what is the reason outside of the game from Twice that you say warranted a plus?

    P#48 While there's ample time for such theatrics to happen generally, I find this reasoning towny.
    Nevermind, I realize what the reason was now.

  2. ISO #52
    Soul Reader DoctorZeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2,188
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    pog
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    My only reads so far are:

    - penguins in question asking mode not reading mode which, player dependent, is normally a strong tell either way. I don't know penguin but my instinct is its quite wolfy

    - ciderhead has lots of reads which is good. Its not of much content though which is bad. But they're actively solving, and I think their reads are coherent

    - twice idk could be wolfing?

  3. ISO #53
    Soul Reader DoctorZeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2,188
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    pog
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#50)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#46)
    Yo yo yo

    Been a while

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#13)
    Hello again to everyone I've played with before (variance, twice Shrunk and c4 I think?)

    Good to meet everyone else. I've not played this set up before but looking forward to it. I imagine it will be quite slow. I'm a villager for those interested
    ##Vote DoctorZeus

    My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#16)
    I might be familiar with some, but not enough to trust any read based on familiarity, as the last time we've played dates far back.
    However, I did play with Ciderhead and Scipio1 in recent games. I'd say I have a slight understanding of Cider's town game, but recall next to nothing about Scipio.
    Do you have a link to the game we've played? I vaguely recall the name but can't remember the specific game

    GTH snapshot reads that are probably best ignored:

    Zeus/Sherlock not w/w

    Lag I don't agree with the read but think it might come from a villagery place

    Twice v. Schweppes maybe as well. C4 too actually, though with a descending degree of confidence

    Scipio not quite seeing what C4 is there, but nothing wrong

    Variance gut town read their entrance but nothing strong

    That's about it so far
    I'm afraid I don't remember the exact game as well, but what you mention to be GTH snapshot reads were most of your reads in that game. Perhaps it was a turbo, but I digress.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#43)
    Schweppes prob town

    Twice is capable of towny nitpicking as wolf but don't think this looks like it, more getting snagged on something than trying to find one detail to use as a token
    Plus it was caused by an insult to his play and not an actual game-relevant action or anything so that's always a plus

    Welcome to the AoPS trust tell circlejerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#44)
    ...maybe I'm missing something but... P#36 is clearly a reference to my play this game.

    Like, he's talking in the present tense in this thread.

    Obviously, he's talking about my play this game.

    Ok, so apparently I misunderstood, but ok, my problem is not that Schweppes thinks I wolfside by not explaining my reads bc that's been said multiple times in the past few months and I don't really care.

    I'm not sure what's wrong with what I said, while it's not really that concerning, I still struggle to understand what led Schweppes to think that, and his response was very... uninformative.

    He says I answered my question, but the only "answer" I see doesn't explain anything about this game in particular.

    @c4e5g3d5 am curious why you townread Schweppes
    @c4e5g3d5
    This response from Twice Shrunk has me a bit confused, as I notice I'm missing what is the reason outside of the game from Twice that you say warranted a plus?

    P#48 While there's ample time for such theatrics to happen generally, I find this reasoning towny.
    Nevermind, I realize what the reason was now.
    I've not played a super slow game before but a post like this strikes me as potentially clearing.

    A) it's low content- it didn't need to be said
    B) its taking up a considerable percentage of the post count allowed
    C) wolves generally take more care with their posting

    Combine all together and my instict says its villagey. I've not played this slow low posting game before so I may have the meta all wrong, but, that's where I'm at

  4. ISO #54
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    250,466
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Vote by Proxy

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk
    ##Vote Sherlock Holmes
    It is now 7:36:27 AM EDT on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021. There are 1632423660000 remaining.

  5. ISO #55
    Thread Analyst Scipio1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    291
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#52)
    My only reads so far are:

    - penguins in question asking mode not reading mode which, player dependent, is normally a strong tell either way. I don't know penguin but my instinct is its quite wolfy

    - ciderhead has lots of reads which is good. Its not of much content though which is bad. But they're actively solving, and I think their reads are coherent

    - twice idk could be wolfing?
    I like all three of these reads. Don't like the next one so much but it's probably more likely a town thought than a scum thought.

    Sherlock seems fine, would like to know why twice is voting there

  6. ISO #56
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    4,375
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    AKA
    Twice
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#23)
    Twice stop using definitions
    (Unironically would drastically improve your play but that's true of most AoPSers)

    If you're partners then I think it's a weird distancing angle, and if you're not I think it's a weird execution of wolfy shade
    I don't know how you want me to help you here
    I kept wondering yesterday what I found wrong with this and I have realized.

    Why are you assuming if Scipio is scum that the interaction has to be either one of 2 things? Now, obviously, if Scipio is scum the interaction has to be w/v or w/w, but the mistake you're making here is assuming that the way Scipio and I interacted means anything. You're essentially saying that if we're w/v then it has to be shade, and if we're w/w then it has to be bussing, but that simply isn't true. We could be interacting like normal people, even if Scipio is scum, and that's not even a tinfoil.

    tl;dr is that not everything scum does has an agenda, you'd be hard-pressed to find a wolf that actively pursues their agenda in a majority of their posts as opposed to posting a lot of filler "content" to keep suspicion off them.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#45)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#44)
    @c4e5g3d5 am curious why you townread Schweppes
    p#35 is Schweppes trying to show whose is bigger again by predicting my thoughts

    There are enough signs pointing to me actually faking that read on you for pressure that make me think it wasn't a random guess
    Most notably the fact that me threatening to policy you when I'm sick of your $%#! isn't a new thing and it looked a lot like this last time

    Putting actual effort into pointless $%#! like this for the sake of invented competition is one of his biggest towntells, shows he thinks he's good and not just right

    I mean he guessed wrong, I did think you were wolfy, but it's the thought that counts
    I'm not sure where you got this idea from, but no.

    How? exactly does predicting thoughts make you "bigger". It just means you're putting your interpretation of someone's posts out there, not having some sort of competition lol.

    And I thought it was obvious you're not going to policy me, it doesn't take many braincells to realize you're not going to policy me unless I'm being extra-extra-annoying. There's not a whole lot of thinking going on there. I for one didn't take you seriously for even a second (that you would actually policy me for... whatever).

    I think you're the one inventing the competition here.
    ---
    @Cinderhead
    If your reads were meant to be ignored in P#46, why did you post them?

    1. For us to see.
    2. Wasting a post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#55)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#52)
    My only reads so far are:

    - penguins in question asking mode not reading mode which, player dependent, is normally a strong tell either way. I don't know penguin but my instinct is its quite wolfy

    - ciderhead has lots of reads which is good. Its not of much content though which is bad. But they're actively solving, and I think their reads are coherent

    - twice idk could be wolfing?
    I like all three of these reads. Don't like the next one so much but it's probably more likely a town thought than a scum thought.

    Sherlock seems fine, would like to know why twice is voting there
    Too bad.

  7. ISO #57
    Wants It More Schweppes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,150
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    MineralLord, soda man
    Gender

  8. ISO #58
    Wants It More c4e5g3d5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5,778
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    You're essentially saying that if we're w/v then it has to be shade, and if we're w/w then it has to be bussing, but that simply isn't true.
    This is dumb.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    tl;dr is that not everything scum does has an agenda, you'd be hard-pressed to find a wolf that actively pursues their agenda in a majority of their posts as opposed to posting a lot of filler "content" to keep suspicion off them.
    This is irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    How? exactly does predicting thoughts make you "bigger".
    This is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    Too bad.
    This is also dumb.

    In the context of that Schweppes post being written by Schweppes, that's what that Schweppes post means.

    Twice
    Schweppes
    Scipio Sherlock Zeus
    Everyone

  9. ISO #59
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    4,375
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    AKA
    Twice
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#58)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    You're essentially saying that if we're w/v then it has to be shade, and if we're w/w then it has to be bussing, but that simply isn't true.
    This is dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#23)
    If you're partners then I think it's a weird distancing angle, and if you're not I think it's a weird execution of wolfy shade
    Explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#58)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    tl;dr is that not everything scum does has an agenda, you'd be hard-pressed to find a wolf that actively pursues their agenda in a majority of their posts as opposed to posting a lot of filler "content" to keep suspicion off them.
    This is irrelevant.
    My understanding was what you called dumb in one of the previous quotes was what you said.

    What you just called irrelevant is a counter-example (rather obvious one at that) to what I understood from what you were saying.

    And if I'm understanding wrong, then explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#58)

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    How? exactly does predicting thoughts make you "bigger".
    This is hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    Too bad.
    This is also dumb.

    In the context of that Schweppes post being written by Schweppes, that's what that Schweppes post means.
    I'll concede this because I haven't played with Schweppes as much as you have recently.
    ---
    On my reads, I don't really have anything I'm confident in and I'm not explaining them.

    You won't see many reads from me, especially because this is ultra-light and information is limited.

    My votes are serious, they express my reads, that's the only way you'll figure out what I'm leaning for things I'm not really sure on.

    On that note,
    ##Vote Schweppes

    Same reasons as before. Except I'm actually confident-ish-ish-ish on this. So not really but eh pretend I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#53)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#50)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#46)
    Yo yo yo

    Been a while



    ##Vote DoctorZeus

    My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers

    I might be familiar with some, but not enough to trust any read based on familiarity, as the last time we've played dates far back.
    However, I did play with Ciderhead and Scipio1 in recent games. I'd say I have a slight understanding of Cider's town game, but recall next to nothing about Scipio.

    Do you have a link to the game we've played? I vaguely recall the name but can't remember the specific game

    GTH snapshot reads that are probably best ignored:

    Zeus/Sherlock not w/w

    Lag I don't agree with the read but think it might come from a villagery place

    Twice v. Schweppes maybe as well. C4 too actually, though with a descending degree of confidence

    Scipio not quite seeing what C4 is there, but nothing wrong

    Variance gut town read their entrance but nothing strong

    That's about it so far
    I'm afraid I don't remember the exact game as well, but what you mention to be GTH snapshot reads were most of your reads in that game. Perhaps it was a turbo, but I digress.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#43)
    Schweppes prob town

    Twice is capable of towny nitpicking as wolf but don't think this looks like it, more getting snagged on something than trying to find one detail to use as a token
    Plus it was caused by an insult to his play and not an actual game-relevant action or anything so that's always a plus

    Welcome to the AoPS trust tell circlejerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#44)
    ...maybe I'm missing something but... P#36 is clearly a reference to my play this game.

    Like, he's talking in the present tense in this thread.

    Obviously, he's talking about my play this game.

    Ok, so apparently I misunderstood, but ok, my problem is not that Schweppes thinks I wolfside by not explaining my reads bc that's been said multiple times in the past few months and I don't really care.

    I'm not sure what's wrong with what I said, while it's not really that concerning, I still struggle to understand what led Schweppes to think that, and his response was very... uninformative.

    He says I answered my question, but the only "answer" I see doesn't explain anything about this game in particular.

    @c4e5g3d5 am curious why you townread Schweppes
    @c4e5g3d5
    This response from Twice Shrunk has me a bit confused, as I notice I'm missing what is the reason outside of the game from Twice that you say warranted a plus?

    P#48 While there's ample time for such theatrics to happen generally, I find this reasoning towny.
    Nevermind, I realize what the reason was now.
    I've not played a super slow game before but a post like this strikes me as potentially clearing.

    A) it's low content- it didn't need to be said
    B) its taking up a considerable percentage of the post count allowed
    C) wolves generally take more care with their posting

    Combine all together and my instict says its villagey. I've not played this slow low posting game before so I may have the meta all wrong, but, that's where I'm at
    Ok, why do you find any of those reasons clearing? or towny at all?

    a. Ok, it didn't need to be said, but why is it more likely a townie said this than wolf? Is there anything that says wolves are less likely to make unneeded posts?
    b. Ok, they wasted their postcount. Yay. How is this town-indicative, why is it more likely town posts this than wolf?
    c. Uhhhhhh this is way more playstyle than alignment.

    Additionally, what do you mean by your instinct? Gut? Something else?

    Think I'll ##Vote DoctorZeus.

    Their reads look like filler for real fleshed-out content, the thought processes going behind them are weak and very "x means y" w/o really considering much.

    Prolly will metadive them once.

  10. ISO #60
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    250,466
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Euro-Friendly September Ultra-light Game Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 DoctorZeus Ciderhead (2), Twice Shrunk (12)
    1 GGhana The Penguin (2)
    1 Twice Shrunk Scipio1 (4)
    1 Variance Variance (1)
    1 c4e5g3d5 GGhana (1)
    1 Schweppes Lag (1)
    6 Not voting c4e5g3d5 (6), DoctorZeus (4), junefox (0), Phraze (0), Schweppes (7), Sherlock Holmes (6)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 3:00 PM EDT on Thursday, September 23rd, 2021. There are 1632423660000 remaining.

  11. ISO #61
    Wants It More c4e5g3d5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5,778
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Gender
    Dumb because what you're saying that thing doesn't mean is in fact what that thing means. Irrelevant because your claim doesn't contradict the point you're saying it contradicts. Hilarious because lmfao. Also dumb because lmfao.

    Does that work for explanations?

    Zeus's read is bad as a read but probably a towny line of thought off of how he tries to use the thought alone

  12. ISO #62
    Thread Analyst Lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    945
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#53)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#50)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#46)
    Yo yo yo

    Been a while

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#13)
    Hello again to everyone I've played with before (variance, twice Shrunk and c4 I think?)

    Good to meet everyone else. I've not played this set up before but looking forward to it. I imagine it will be quite slow. I'm a villager for those interested
    ##Vote DoctorZeus

    My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#16)
    I might be familiar with some, but not enough to trust any read based on familiarity, as the last time we've played dates far back.
    However, I did play with Ciderhead and Scipio1 in recent games. I'd say I have a slight understanding of Cider's town game, but recall next to nothing about Scipio.
    Do you have a link to the game we've played? I vaguely recall the name but can't remember the specific game

    GTH snapshot reads that are probably best ignored:

    Zeus/Sherlock not w/w

    Lag I don't agree with the read but think it might come from a villagery place

    Twice v. Schweppes maybe as well. C4 too actually, though with a descending degree of confidence

    Scipio not quite seeing what C4 is there, but nothing wrong

    Variance gut town read their entrance but nothing strong

    That's about it so far
    I'm afraid I don't remember the exact game as well, but what you mention to be GTH snapshot reads were most of your reads in that game. Perhaps it was a turbo, but I digress.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#43)
    Schweppes prob town

    Twice is capable of towny nitpicking as wolf but don't think this looks like it, more getting snagged on something than trying to find one detail to use as a token
    Plus it was caused by an insult to his play and not an actual game-relevant action or anything so that's always a plus

    Welcome to the AoPS trust tell circlejerk
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#44)
    ...maybe I'm missing something but... P#36 is clearly a reference to my play this game.

    Like, he's talking in the present tense in this thread.

    Obviously, he's talking about my play this game.

    Ok, so apparently I misunderstood, but ok, my problem is not that Schweppes thinks I wolfside by not explaining my reads bc that's been said multiple times in the past few months and I don't really care.

    I'm not sure what's wrong with what I said, while it's not really that concerning, I still struggle to understand what led Schweppes to think that, and his response was very... uninformative.

    He says I answered my question, but the only "answer" I see doesn't explain anything about this game in particular.

    @c4e5g3d5 am curious why you townread Schweppes
    @c4e5g3d5
    This response from Twice Shrunk has me a bit confused, as I notice I'm missing what is the reason outside of the game from Twice that you say warranted a plus?

    P#48 While there's ample time for such theatrics to happen generally, I find this reasoning towny.
    Nevermind, I realize what the reason was now.
    I've not played a super slow game before but a post like this strikes me as potentially clearing.

    A) it's low content- it didn't need to be said
    B) its taking up a considerable percentage of the post count allowed
    C) wolves generally take more care with their posting

    Combine all together and my instict says its villagey. I've not played this slow low posting game before so I may have the meta all wrong, but, that's where I'm at
    I am town. I care a lot about preserving my post count. Therefore C is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#31)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#27)
    And a PSA that I won't explain my reads unless I feel like it so save your breath.
    Alright cutting you off here real quick

    @Twice Shrunk, you don't exactly display results worthy of this behavior, but even if you did, it's unacceptable in this format in particular and I'm ready to policy you for it if you do it. There's already very little to go off of. We need to read you.

    I'd much prefer voting you for dropping your question towards me completely despite receiving barely any useful information from my answer.
    I agree with c4 that refusing to explain reads is not helpful and I would also policy someone that refused to cooperate.

    But Twice has explained themselves the most of anyone in the thread yet. So this discussion looks kind of silly in retrospect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#57)
    Completely unnecessary post

    Town at the top:
    Lag
    c4
    Twice
    Variance
    Penguin
    Scipio
    DoctorZeus
    GGhana
    Sherlock Holmes
    Cider
    Schweppes

  13. ISO #63
    Soul Reader DoctorZeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    2,188
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    pog
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    I'm really feeling a ##Vote Twice Shrunk vote.

    - he omgussed me in a pretty wolfy way
    - hes demanding others explain things and refusing to explain things themselves
    - hes doing a but different to a game we just played.

    @c4e5g3d5 were you in that game? Or the other one recently? So many of you chess people about

    On your point (phone posting) I get that it could be a bad read. Wasn't feeling too confident about it

  14. ISO #64
    Wants It More c4e5g3d5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5,778
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#63)
    I'm really feeling a ##Vote Twice Shrunk vote.

    - he omgussed me in a pretty wolfy way
    - hes demanding others explain things and refusing to explain things themselves
    - hes doing a but different to a game we just played.

    @c4e5g3d5 were you in that game? Or the other one recently? So many of you chess people about

    On your point (phone posting) I get that it could be a bad read. Wasn't feeling too confident about it
    I very loosely spectated that game. I've also played lots of other games with Twice and wouldn't call him off of his town game. (Also I made this username as a non-gimmick and then Rokon and Alice had to turn it into a trend smh)

    If you remember his start in the mash a little while ago, that's why I thought he was wolfy at first. Empty questions and mech talk is always how he opens as wolf and not always how he opens as town. He's improved after that.



    This is thread is kinda lame.

  15. ISO #65
    kirb go squeeesh Variance's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,588
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    i fr forgot i was in this game

    who wolfing

  16. ISO #66
    Thread Analyst Scipio1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    291
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)
    I agree with c4 that refusing to explain reads is not helpful and I would also policy someone that refused to cooperate.

    But Twice has explained themselves the most of anyone in the thread yet. So this discussion looks kind of silly in retrospect.
    I actually find this scummy from twice.

    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite

    @Lag everything you're scumreading schweppes for is comfortably in his meta
    Also talk about the other people on your list?

    c4
    Schweppes Zeus
    Sherlock
    everyone else
    Penguin
    Twice

  17. ISO #67
    Thread Analyst Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    978
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Mr. Holmes
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#53)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#50)
    I'm afraid I don't remember the exact game as well, but what you mention to be GTH snapshot reads were most of your reads in that game. Perhaps it was a turbo, but I digress.

    Schweppes prob town

    Twice is capable of towny nitpicking as wolf but don't think this looks like it, more getting snagged on something than trying to find one detail to use as a token
    Plus it was caused by an insult to his play and not an actual game-relevant action or anything so that's always a plus

    Welcome to the AoPS trust tell circlejerk


    ...maybe I'm missing something but... P#36 is clearly a reference to my play this game.

    Like, he's talking in the present tense in this thread.

    Obviously, he's talking about my play this game.

    Ok, so apparently I misunderstood, but ok, my problem is not that Schweppes thinks I wolfside by not explaining my reads bc that's been said multiple times in the past few months and I don't really care.

    I'm not sure what's wrong with what I said, while it's not really that concerning, I still struggle to understand what led Schweppes to think that, and his response was very... uninformative.

    He says I answered my question, but the only "answer" I see doesn't explain anything about this game in particular.

    @c4e5g3d5 am curious why you townread Schweppes


    @c4e5g3d5
    This response from Twice Shrunk has me a bit confused, as I notice I'm missing what is the reason outside of the game from Twice that you say warranted a plus?

    P#48 While there's ample time for such theatrics to happen generally, I find this reasoning towny.
    Nevermind, I realize what the reason was now.
    I've not played a super slow game before but a post like this strikes me as potentially clearing.

    A) it's low content- it didn't need to be said
    B) its taking up a considerable percentage of the post count allowed
    C) wolves generally take more care with their posting

    Combine all together and my instict says its villagey. I've not played this slow low posting game before so I may have the meta all wrong, but, that's where I'm at


    I am town. I care a lot about preserving my post count. Therefore C is wrong.
    Coming from you rather than someone like Twice Shrunk, this seems less about preserving post count and more about lack of content, as both your posts didn't have much in them. You've only used 2 out of 30.
    ##Vote Lag


    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)
    I agree with c4 that refusing to explain reads is not helpful and I would also policy someone that refused to cooperate.

    But Twice has explained themselves the most of anyone in the thread yet. So this discussion looks kind of silly in retrospect.
    I actually find this scummy from twice.

    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite

    @Lag everything you're scumreading schweppes for is comfortably in his meta
    Also talk about the other people on your list?

    c4
    Schweppes Zeus
    Sherlock
    everyone else
    Penguin
    Twice
    What of Penguin's 2 posts makes you wolfread him right next to Twice? Both of his posts didn't seem to ping me.

  18. ISO #68
    Thread Analyst Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    978
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Mr. Holmes
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    @Schweppes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#49)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#40)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#39)
    @Schweppes, I'd like to know how my posts today led to you thinking I'm trying to take control of the game. While I do like taking control of the game, I'd like to know how my posts this game led you there, and why exactly you thought it was something that should be shared.
    I think you answered your own question. You know what the post means; I'm not necessarily happy with it and nor will I uncritically follow along.
    Would I be correct in saying your conclusion comes from P#27? It doesn't seem as much as taking control as opposed to stating their stances, given nothing within the post states how one should go about playing the game. Or is it perhaps from a different post?

    I'm of the same opinion as c4e5g3d5 in regards to the last statement.
    You missed my post, yet you found the time to mention two inactives. Can you respond to this?

  19. ISO #69
    Thread Analyst Scipio1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    291
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#67)
    What of Penguin's 2 posts makes you wolfread him right next to Twice? Both of his posts didn't seem to ping me.
    His second post seemed more about asking questions for the sake of it than actually solving. I read his previous games and he was solvey really early on so this looks somewhat different.

  20. ISO #70
    Wants It More Schweppes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,150
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    MineralLord, soda man
    Gender
    Ranked lists are a good trend.

    I think, you can just put clueless ppl at top.

    P#68

    I was probably on phone when I read that and couldn't respond, Yeah P#27 is part of it, Twice is just taking the game very business-like, expending paragraphs on small things, and actively prodding ppl, which is normal. Its a known fact that just straight sheeping him is not unlikely to lead to disaster and its why I responded the way I did, and I no longer know what Twice is dying.

  21. ISO #71
    Wants It More Schweppes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,150
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    MineralLord, soda man
    Gender
    Hi Cider?

    And Sherlock, you forgot to mention that you've played with me before.

    Also can we not scumread ppl for deviating from the last gmae you played with them/surface-based meta that shows you know not much abt the player.

  22. ISO #72
    Thread Analyst Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    978
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Mr. Holmes
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Noted, Scipio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#70)
    Ranked lists are a good trend.

    I think, you can just put clueless ppl at top.

    P#68

    I was probably on phone when I read that and couldn't respond, Yeah P#27 is part of it, Twice is just taking the game very business-like, expending paragraphs on small things, and actively prodding ppl, which is normal. Its a known fact that just straight sheeping him is not unlikely to lead to disaster and its why I responded the way I did, and I no longer know what Twice is dying.
    Interesting. Earlier I noted you said "wolfsiding" when referring to Twice, though half dismissed it as perhaps different uses for the term but still opted to keep it in mind as a possible TMI. Though now that you mention sheeping him and go on about the bolded, it seems that you had townread him already?
    I hope I'm not mistaken in assuming wolfsiding is only used for non-wolf alignments, as it obviously sounds so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#71)
    Hi Cider?

    And Sherlock, you forgot to mention that you've played with me before.

    Also can we not scumread ppl for deviating from the last gmae you played with them/surface-based meta that shows you know not much abt the player.
    It's been a while since, so I hope you'll forgive me for having forgotten about it. Still, I don't consider it enough for me to form a meta read on you, as I was dangerously wrong about your alignment enough to have costed us a possible win back then.

  23. ISO #73
    Thread Analyst Lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    945
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#53)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#51)
    Nevermind, I realize what the reason was now.
    I've not played a super slow game before but a post like this strikes me as potentially clearing.

    A) it's low content- it didn't need to be said
    B) its taking up a considerable percentage of the post count allowed
    C) wolves generally take more care with their posting

    Combine all together and my instict says its villagey. I've not played this slow low posting game before so I may have the meta all wrong, but, that's where I'm at


    I am town. I care a lot about preserving my post count. Therefore C is wrong.
    Coming from you rather than someone like Twice Shrunk, this seems less about preserving post count and more about lack of content, as both your posts didn't have much in them. You've only used 2 out of 30.
    ##Vote Lag


    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)
    I agree with c4 that refusing to explain reads is not helpful and I would also policy someone that refused to cooperate.

    But Twice has explained themselves the most of anyone in the thread yet. So this discussion looks kind of silly in retrospect.
    I actually find this scummy from twice.

    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite

    @Lag everything you're scumreading schweppes for is comfortably in his meta
    Also talk about the other people on your list?

    c4
    Schweppes Zeus
    Sherlock
    everyone else
    Penguin
    Twice
    What of Penguin's 2 posts makes you wolfread him right next to Twice? Both of his posts didn't seem to ping me.
    This just screams as an opportunistic OMGUS vote because I put you at the bottom of my list. Very wolfy.

  24. ISO #74
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    250,466
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Vote by Proxy

    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1
    ##Vote Lag
    It is now 8:32:19 PM EDT on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021. There are 1632423660000 remaining.

  25. ISO #75
    Thread Analyst Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    978
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Mr. Holmes
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#73)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#53)
    I've not played a super slow game before but a post like this strikes me as potentially clearing.

    A) it's low content- it didn't need to be said
    B) its taking up a considerable percentage of the post count allowed
    C) wolves generally take more care with their posting

    Combine all together and my instict says its villagey. I've not played this slow low posting game before so I may have the meta all wrong, but, that's where I'm at


    I am town. I care a lot about preserving my post count. Therefore C is wrong.
    Coming from you rather than someone like Twice Shrunk, this seems less about preserving post count and more about lack of content, as both your posts didn't have much in them. You've only used 2 out of 30.
    ##Vote Lag


    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)
    I agree with c4 that refusing to explain reads is not helpful and I would also policy someone that refused to cooperate.

    But Twice has explained themselves the most of anyone in the thread yet. So this discussion looks kind of silly in retrospect.
    I actually find this scummy from twice.

    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite

    @Lag everything you're scumreading schweppes for is comfortably in his meta
    Also talk about the other people on your list?

    c4
    Schweppes Zeus
    Sherlock
    everyone else
    Penguin
    Twice
    What of Penguin's 2 posts makes you wolfread him right next to Twice? Both of his posts didn't seem to ping me.
    This just screams as an opportunistic OMGUS vote because I put you at the bottom of my list. Very wolfy.
    Not quite. Your defence does not change the fact you've posted too little in both amount and content to be worrying about post count.

  26. ISO #76
    Thread Analyst Lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    945
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)
    I agree with c4 that refusing to explain reads is not helpful and I would also policy someone that refused to cooperate.

    But Twice has explained themselves the most of anyone in the thread yet. So this discussion looks kind of silly in retrospect.
    I actually find this scummy from twice.

    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite

    @Lag everything you're scumreading schweppes for is comfortably in his meta
    Also talk about the other people on your list?

    c4
    Schweppes Zeus
    Sherlock
    everyone else
    Penguin
    Twice
    You should get a profile pic

    I'm moving Schweppes up on my list.

    I can't wall post my entire take on every single player, don't have the time for that. Knowing what players people are curious about is also useful information in it of itself.

    So if there are one or two players you want my full take on, let me know and I'll happily answer

  27. ISO #77
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    250,466
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Vote by Proxy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lag
    ##Vote Sherlock Holmes
    It is now 8:36:52 PM EDT on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021. There are 1632423660000 remaining.

  28. ISO #78
    Thread Analyst Scipio1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    291
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Variance, penguin, and cider

    Also I do have a profile pic.

  29. ISO #79
    Thread Analyst Lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    945
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#78)
    Variance, penguin, and cider

    Also I do have a profile pic.
    There's not much to variance. His first two posts gave me a townlean gut read. I'm not at the point where I'm going to start adding scum points to people for slanking since we're only a little bit more than a third of the way through day 1 - still plenty of time left in the day for him to catch up.

    Penguin in a similar spot not much content. His first post was w/e But I liked the kinds of questions he was asking in his second post. Town lean

    Cider says in his opening post "My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers"

    To most people that's NAI. But in my experience, people that joke about being wolves in their opener with TWTBAW statements like that end up being wolves at a noticeably higher rate than just random. His reads are fine though, just nothing a wolf can't do. He's only at 2 posts too, so that is a higher volatility read - can move up rapidly (or down rapidly too I suppose, but there's not much room to go down further)

  30. ISO #80
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    250,466
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Vote by Proxy

    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1
    ##Unvote
    It is now 9:09:44 PM EDT on Tuesday, September 21st, 2021. There are 1632423660000 remaining.

  31. ISO #81
    Wants It More Schweppes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,150
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    MineralLord, soda man
    Gender
    "Cider says in his opening post 'My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers'"

    Pretty sure thats his standard opening, or something of that form.

  32. ISO #82
    Thread Analyst Lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    945
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    And my thoughts on Sherlock given that my vote is on him:

    #14

    Openers that downplay one's ability as town, implying their wolf game is stronger, I find scummy.

    For two reasons. One, it's an ever so subtle form of hedging for future poor play that is actually wolf motivated.

    And second, imagine you have to pick between two players in a vacuum where you know one is town and one is mafia with equal probabilities. All you know about the players is that one of them is a very strong town player but a very weak wolf player. The other one is a very weak wolf player but a very strong town player.

    Given that it's in a vacuum and they have equal chance of being a wolf. Which one do you choose to vote out and which one do you choose to keep?

    I think people subconsciously have this fact internalized and it leaks into their opening post.

    #16, #24, #49
    Maybe I'm just a dumb-dumb that can't see the deep insight in these posts. But when I read them I just... found literally nothing of note in them. I mean sure, he's answering questions that were asked of him, but I just found an absolute absence of game advancing content.

    But again, I might just be a dumb-dumb that can't understand the points he's making.

    #50
    First useful read from the slot by saying he finds ciderhead's reasoning to be towny.

    #51
    Literally no content


    And then this is where I made my reads list. It felt like a slot that has done a lot of talking without actually saying anything. I found it moderately scummy, so that's where I put him on the list.


    In response he OMGUS votes me for "not having enough content"

    Which feels very opportunistic given that he has posted hardly any content himself. Just asked questions, made chatter, while avoiding taking any stances himself.


    So @Sherlock Holmes what are your town and scum reads on the game right now?

  33. ISO #83
    Thread Analyst Lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    945
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#81)
    "Cider says in his opening post 'My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers'"

    Pretty sure thats his standard opening, or something of that form.
    Lol, if that's legitimately true I'd appreciate if he (or someone else even) linked me a few of his games where he used that opener as town.

    Don't get me wrong, I think it's an amusing opener. It just happens to be a joke I see wolves making more often than town.

  34. ISO #84
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    4,375
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    AKA
    Twice
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#61)
    Dumb because what you're saying that thing doesn't mean is in fact what that thing means. Irrelevant because your claim doesn't contradict the point you're saying it contradicts. Hilarious because lmfao. Also dumb because lmfao.

    Does that work for explanations?

    Zeus's read is bad as a read but probably a towny line of thought off of how he tries to use the thought alone
    I don't really see what you're saying, but I'll concede anyways and just assume you meant what you're saying you meant rn.

    How is using the thought alone towny? And I'm going to stop you before you (potentially) say it indicates a lack of agenda in the reads, because I don't think there was an agenda either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#63)
    I'm really feeling a ##Vote Twice Shrunk vote.

    - he omgussed me in a pretty wolfy way
    - hes demanding others explain things and refusing to explain things themselves
    - hes doing a but different to a game we just played.

    @c4e5g3d5 were you in that game? Or the other one recently? So many of you chess people about

    On your point (phone posting) I get that it could be a bad read. Wasn't feeling too confident about it
    Elaborate on

    a. How my read on you was OMGUS and not me legit finding you scummy (I explained my reasons)
    b. How me "OMGUSing" you was wolfy.
    c. How the heck you can possibly think I'm not explaining stuff.
    and
    d. How the heck you don't read my posts where i say I'm conserving my pots and making better use of them because this is an ultra light.

    Yeah, again, I'm not liking dz because their reads are very lacking, and again, seem to exist for the sole purpose of existing, as opposed to trying to figure the game out.
    ---
    Ok, so Scipio hasn't explained their read on me, but I'm fairly sure I know what it is, and I'm also fairly sure it means they're town.

    I'd like to ask @Scipio1 anyways what the reason is, or at least give a hint so I know if I'm figuring tis out correctly.
    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#73)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#53)
    I've not played a super slow game before but a post like this strikes me as potentially clearing.

    A) it's low content- it didn't need to be said
    B) its taking up a considerable percentage of the post count allowed
    C) wolves generally take more care with their posting

    Combine all together and my instict says its villagey. I've not played this slow low posting game before so I may have the meta all wrong, but, that's where I'm at


    I am town. I care a lot about preserving my post count. Therefore C is wrong.
    Coming from you rather than someone like Twice Shrunk, this seems less about preserving post count and more about lack of content, as both your posts didn't have much in them. You've only used 2 out of 30.
    ##Vote Lag


    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)
    I agree with c4 that refusing to explain reads is not helpful and I would also policy someone that refused to cooperate.

    But Twice has explained themselves the most of anyone in the thread yet. So this discussion looks kind of silly in retrospect.
    I actually find this scummy from twice.

    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite

    @Lag everything you're scumreading schweppes for is comfortably in his meta
    Also talk about the other people on your list?

    c4
    Schweppes Zeus
    Sherlock
    everyone else
    Penguin
    Twice
    What of Penguin's 2 posts makes you wolfread him right next to Twice? Both of his posts didn't seem to ping me.
    This just screams as an opportunistic OMGUS vote because I put you at the bottom of my list. Very wolfy.
    Do you actually believe this? And if yes, what led you to believe Sherlock was OMGUSing you instead of voting you for something they didn't like.

    I, for one, see exactly what Sherlock was saying, and it's valid, though not really that scum-indicative.
    ---
    Reads so far looking like

    me
    scipio
    null kids
    c4
    lag dz
    ---
    Ok, I'm reading P#82, and Lag can move back up to null I see where they're coming from.

    I'd still like to know where they arrived at the "OMGUS" conclusion.

  35. ISO #85
    Wants It More c4e5g3d5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5,778
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite
    p#56 and related posts
    Timing makes it look like trying to internalize the read on his own time for his own sake and failing because he can't get past this one thought

    Plus general fluidity of thought he doesn't usually have as wolf

    @scipio how'd I crawl all the way up there
    Need to know what to say next game I get tinfoiled for no good reason



    Lag and Penguin may plausibly never post AI content

  36. ISO #86
    Wants It More c4e5g3d5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    5,778
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#85)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite
    p#56 and related posts
    Timing makes it look like trying to internalize the read on his own time for his own sake and failing because he can't get past this one thought

    Plus general fluidity of thought he doesn't usually have as wolf

    @scipio how'd I crawl all the way up there
    Need to know what to say next game I get tinfoiled for no good reason



    Lag and Penguin may plausibly never post AI content
    @Scipio1

  37. ISO #87
    Thread Analyst Lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    945
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#84)
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#61)
    Dumb because what you're saying that thing doesn't mean is in fact what that thing means. Irrelevant because your claim doesn't contradict the point you're saying it contradicts. Hilarious because lmfao. Also dumb because lmfao.

    Does that work for explanations?

    Zeus's read is bad as a read but probably a towny line of thought off of how he tries to use the thought alone
    I don't really see what you're saying, but I'll concede anyways and just assume you meant what you're saying you meant rn.

    How is using the thought alone towny? And I'm going to stop you before you (potentially) say it indicates a lack of agenda in the reads, because I don't think there was an agenda either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#63)
    I'm really feeling a ##Vote Twice Shrunk vote.

    - he omgussed me in a pretty wolfy way
    - hes demanding others explain things and refusing to explain things themselves
    - hes doing a but different to a game we just played.

    @c4e5g3d5 were you in that game? Or the other one recently? So many of you chess people about

    On your point (phone posting) I get that it could be a bad read. Wasn't feeling too confident about it
    Elaborate on

    a. How my read on you was OMGUS and not me legit finding you scummy (I explained my reasons)
    b. How me "OMGUSing" you was wolfy.
    c. How the heck you can possibly think I'm not explaining stuff.
    and
    d. How the heck you don't read my posts where i say I'm conserving my pots and making better use of them because this is an ultra light.

    Yeah, again, I'm not liking dz because their reads are very lacking, and again, seem to exist for the sole purpose of existing, as opposed to trying to figure the game out.
    ---
    Ok, so Scipio hasn't explained their read on me, but I'm fairly sure I know what it is, and I'm also fairly sure it means they're town.

    I'd like to ask @Scipio1 anyways what the reason is, or at least give a hint so I know if I'm figuring tis out correctly.
    ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#73)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#62)



    I am town. I care a lot about preserving my post count. Therefore C is wrong.
    Coming from you rather than someone like Twice Shrunk, this seems less about preserving post count and more about lack of content, as both your posts didn't have much in them. You've only used 2 out of 30.
    ##Vote Lag


    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#66)
    I actually find this scummy from twice.

    c4 I'm interested in why twice is your top townread because more and more I'm feeling the opposite

    @Lag everything you're scumreading schweppes for is comfortably in his meta
    Also talk about the other people on your list?

    c4
    Schweppes Zeus
    Sherlock
    everyone else
    Penguin
    Twice
    What of Penguin's 2 posts makes you wolfread him right next to Twice? Both of his posts didn't seem to ping me.
    This just screams as an opportunistic OMGUS vote because I put you at the bottom of my list. Very wolfy.
    Do you actually believe this? And if yes, what led you to believe Sherlock was OMGUSing you instead of voting you for something they didn't like.

    I, for one, see exactly what Sherlock was saying, and it's valid, though not really that scum-indicative.
    ---
    Reads so far looking like

    me
    scipio
    null kids
    c4
    lag dz
    ---
    Ok, I'm reading P#82, and Lag can move back up to null I see where they're coming from.

    I'd still like to know where they arrived at the "OMGUS" conclusion.
    I put Sherlock as my third most scummy player.
    Sherlock votes me for a hypocritical reason in response (complaining about a lack of content when he posted less content in his 6 posts than I did in 2 posts).

    If that's not definition OMGUS, then perhaps we have different definitions and it's best to no dwell on it.

    OMGUS is sometimes NAI though. In this case though the vote felt more opportunistic than OMGUS as he perceived himself to be in a more "townread position" in the thread and therefore probably felt little threat and more opportunity.

    Ultimately though, Sherlock is on my radar and I don't want him coasting by on just asking questions. I want to see him posting some reads on people so we can know where he stands.

  38. ISO #88
    Soul Reader Phraze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,440
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    MyAnimeList
    AKA
    Ruri
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Hi. Got day off today. But also busy with stuff, or sleeping. At least I'll be checking from time to time.

    Thanks for the ping @Schweppes. Doesn't look like there's much going on yet.
    I see self-vote.
    ##Vote Variance

  39. ISO #89
    Bandwagoner The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    132
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Okay, I have some time to get some work done

    Quote Originally Posted by Scipio1 (#69)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#67)
    What of Penguin's 2 posts makes you wolfread him right next to Twice? Both of his posts didn't seem to ping me.
    His second post seemed more about asking questions for the sake of it than actually solving. I read his previous games and he was solvey really early on so this looks somewhat different.


    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZeus (#52)
    My only reads so far are:

    - penguins in question asking mode not reading mode which, player dependent, is normally a strong tell either way. I don't know penguin but my instinct is its quite wolfy

    - ciderhead has lots of reads which is good. Its not of much content though which is bad. But they're actively solving, and I think their reads are coherent

    - twice idk could be wolfing?


    Looking at the two people who are accusing me, there is a clear motivation between them, that is the way I asked questions in my second post. The difference is how they have continued on my case and drawn conclusions. When faced with basically a no poster such as me, Scipio went out for anything they could find and went through my last games, whilst Zeus just kinda said their read and then went on to drop it.
    So, what do I draw from this little incursion? Well, from my little experience, it is townier to do more research when others are not actively interacting, so Scipio gets some plus points. Zeus on the other hand, comes with more or less a baseless accusation, kinda like I am now, but they are null.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes (#72)
    Noted, Scipio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#70)
    Ranked lists are a good trend.

    I think, you can just put clueless ppl at top.

    P#68

    I was probably on phone when I read that and couldn't respond, Yeah P#27 is part of it, Twice is just taking the game very business-like, expending paragraphs on small things, and actively prodding ppl, which is normal. Its a known fact that just straight sheeping him is not unlikely to lead to disaster and its why I responded the way I did, and I no longer know what Twice is dying.
    Interesting. Earlier I noted you said "wolfsiding" when referring to Twice, though half dismissed it as perhaps different uses for the term but still opted to keep it in mind as a possible TMI. Though now that you mention sheeping him and go on about the bolded, it seems that you had townread him already?
    I hope I'm not mistaken in assuming wolfsiding is only used for non-wolf alignments, as it obviously sounds so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#71)
    Hi Cider?

    And Sherlock, you forgot to mention that you've played with me before.

    Also can we not scumread ppl for deviating from the last gmae you played with them/surface-based meta that shows you know not much abt the player.
    It's been a while since, so I hope you'll forgive me for having forgotten about it. Still, I don't consider it enough for me to form a meta read on you, as I was dangerously wrong about your alignment enough to have costed us a possible win back then.


    I did an ISO on sherlock and I did not exactly like what I saw, and I have a hard time to articulate it. There is a lot of friendly banter with not a lot of substance.

  40. ISO #90
    Bandwagoner The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    132
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Did a more in depth ISO on Lag, since I get the more general gist from reading the main thread.
    Apparently we have kinda the same read on Sherlock, so a small town lean on them.

    Also did a ISO on Twice, gave me nothing as of yet.

    I will pop back tonight and do some more, cya

    ##Vote Sherlock Holmes

  41. ISO #91
    Soul Reader Ciderhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,827
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    @The Penguin

    Why did you choose Sherlock specifically as a player to ISO?

  42. ISO #92
    Soul Reader Ciderhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,827
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#56)
    @Cinderhead
    If your reads were meant to be ignored in P#46, why did you post them?

    1. For us to see.
    2. Wasting a post.
    Just checked in on the thread for the first time, putting my initial impressions out there as I was catching up, as much for my benefit as everyone else.

    And I got a greeting, a RVS vote, and some early reads out there in my very first post. Maximum efficiency, if you ask me

    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweppes (#81)
    "Cider says in his opening post 'My role PM says it's my job to eliminate all villagers'"

    Pretty sure thats his standard opening, or something of that form.
    Lol, if that's legitimately true I'd appreciate if he (or someone else even) linked me a few of his games where he used that opener as town.

    Don't get me wrong, I think it's an amusing opener. It just happens to be a joke I see wolves making more often than town.
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4859025

    This was my first post in the last light game I played, as town.

    I very likely would make that kind of a post as a wolf also like, but y'know

  43. ISO #93
    Soul Reader Phraze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,440
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    MyAnimeList
    AKA
    Ruri
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    ##Vote Scipio1

    Checked ISO. This might be a good vote.

  44. ISO #94
    Soul Reader Ciderhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,827
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Phraze (#93)
    ##Vote Scipio1

    Checked ISO. This might be a good vote.
    Interesting. What makes you say that?

  45. ISO #95
    Soul Reader Phraze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,440
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    MyAnimeList
    AKA
    Ruri
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#94)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phraze (#93)
    ##Vote Scipio1

    Checked ISO. This might be a good vote.
    Interesting. What makes you say that?
    Posting feels 'safe'.

  46. ISO #96
    Wants It More Schweppes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,150
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    MineralLord, soda man
    Gender
    Its prolly not a good idea to let Twice be the only person bothering to interact with the entire playerlist, but you know what I think about personally doing that.

    We should probably try constructing a towncore if nothing else.
    I see the lists but they don't have confidences attached to them.

  47. ISO #97
    Wants It More Schweppes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,150
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    MineralLord, soda man
    Gender
    And there's quite literally nothing to compete against because c4 isnt even bothering to call ppl town.
    Which is complicated by the fact that GTH everyone's town.

  48. ISO #98
    Thread Analyst Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    978
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Mr. Holmes
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lag (#82)
    And my thoughts on Sherlock given that my vote is on him:

    #14

    Openers that downplay one's ability as town, implying their wolf game is stronger, I find scummy.

    For two reasons. One, it's an ever so subtle form of hedging for future poor play that is actually wolf motivated.

    And second, imagine you have to pick between two players in a vacuum where you know one is town and one is mafia with equal probabilities. All you know about the players is that one of them is a very strong town player but a very weak wolf player. The other one is a very weak wolf player but a very strong town player.

    Given that it's in a vacuum and they have equal chance of being a wolf. Which one do you choose to vote out and which one do you choose to keep?

    I think people subconsciously have this fact internalized and it leaks into their opening post.

    #16, #24, #49
    Maybe I'm just a dumb-dumb that can't see the deep insight in these posts. But when I read them I just... found literally nothing of note in them. I mean sure, he's answering questions that were asked of him, but I just found an absolute absence of game advancing content.

    But again, I might just be a dumb-dumb that can't understand the points he's making.

    #50
    First useful read from the slot by saying he finds ciderhead's reasoning to be towny.

    #51
    Literally no content


    And then this is where I made my reads list. It felt like a slot that has done a lot of talking without actually saying anything. I found it moderately scummy, so that's where I put him on the list.


    In response he OMGUS votes me for "not having enough content"

    Which feels very opportunistic given that he has posted hardly any content himself. Just asked questions, made chatter, while avoiding taking any stances himself.


    So @Sherlock Holmes what are your town and scum reads on the game right now?
    Quite the shade. I'm not voting you for exactly lack of content, but for saying you're working towards preserving post count when at the time you only had posted twice. It doesn't make sense that you'd be worried about it considering you didn't have much content and had posts to spare. I'd say that's different from just "you don't have content so you're a wolf"
    I'll disregard the hipocrisy comment as I'm not worried about post counts myself. Whether it's a good or a bad thing, I can't say, but I've yet to approach 30 posts in a single day.

    Cider
    Twice
    c4
    Nulls
    Schweppes
    You

    Speaking of which, why is Cider at the bottom on your pile?

  49. ISO #99
    Bandwagoner The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    132
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#91)
    @The Penguin

    Why did you choose Sherlock specifically as a player to ISO?
    I read through the thread, something seemed a bit off about them, I investigated.

  50. ISO #100
    Bandwagoner The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    132
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Phraze (#93)
    ##Vote Scipio1

    Checked ISO. This might be a good vote.
    Could you expand on this? I read him as a town lean

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Mute

The Mute is unable to vote. If they cast a vote, it will not be counted.