Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 5,551 to 5,584 of 5584

Thread: Season 3, Final Game: The Koopa Troop

1. ISO #5551
    Community
    The Syndicate
    I'd happily be a member of the jury. It's something I'd enjoy a lot.

2. ISO #5552
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    hattrick (dutch)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by wvw-jelte (#5549)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#5548)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman (#5546)
    Hey Apoc... Send me your damn votes!
    NEVER. I'm reading things you soab
    You should be a member of the jury next season.
    see you then
    Good another place I can pester you.

3. ISO #5553
    Wants It Most Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack (#2099)
    Here's where I'm at right now.

Town
    Newcomb
    Roman

Probably Town
    Golden

Lean Town
    AOZ

Can't make up my mind
    Damdred - really unsure about this one; my gut says town but there are issues
    Apoc - thought he was town, but starting to get super paranoid here; faz was the perfect kill for Apoc
    Jelte - going back and forth on this one a lot; my gut says town but I probably need to ISO him again at some point today
    Yogsloth - I want to read him town and I got a good impression from some of his posts yesterday, but I think he keeps his focus on 1-2 targets as scum, and I think that's what he was doing yesterday before I called him out

Null
    Lissa - didn't like Gorf much, but he barely posted and I'm okay with Lissa's start

Slight Scum
    Sorian - I feel like he's mostly in the background, but he has a lot of posts, which doesn't add up; acting nicer than he's been as town; talked philosophy early; faz said he has a narrow focus which I need to check

Scum
    Silver - couldn't follow his thought process early on day 1 at all; kind of lost track of him as my focus shifted to GH and the Saab case, but will circle back today
    BFG - I know she said she's on vacation, but beyond being absent, I feel like her posts when she's here are really empty (even if some of them are long); also concerned by the fact that she held back her vote for so long
    Visor - Sloonei was horrible; Visor is giving nothing, he just skipped out on EOD, and I don't understand the town read of GH (other than meta which doesn't do anything for me)
    GH - lacks the strength I saw from him in the wildcard game; didn't follow up on his silver suspicion at all; didn't seem to care much about EOD
    purdy good Whiskey

4. ISO #5554
    oof not being able to sub in that specific day cost me my jury slot for next year. how am i supposed to judge people now?!

gg everyone was a fun read

thanks for running all this stuff thingy, was a lot of fun
    look forward to playing with everyone in the future

5. ISO #5555
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Interesting read! Spent a few 5 hours just going through it all for funs xd

The power roles did so much work it was ridiculous, and the strongman peek...

Really wondering what people thought were the best players!

Cool stuff yall

6. ISO #5556
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

7. ISO #5557
    Community
    Feverclan.com

8. ISO #5558
    Community
    PilkarskieForum

9. ISO #5559
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM

10. ISO #5560
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv

much, much respect to those from G5 @faZ, @Sorian, @Visorslash

y'all are the bomb
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

11. ISO #5561
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#5559)
    So is anyone voting for me?
    not me

12. ISO #5562
    Following the guide

13. ISO #5563
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#5561)
    not me
    You owe me, pal!

14. ISO #5564
    Low Hanging Fruit Hyperactivity's Avatar
    Community
    NeoGAF

Gonna HAVE to prepare my pretyped $#@!post vote for your pretyped post next game we're in now

Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman;548175
    [B
    [SIZE=3]Did someone say Hydra? Everyone who participated in this finale game - if you think your home community might be interested in participating, then please ask them about the idea and get back to me about whether or not you'd like to be signed up.
    *Tentatively raises hand*

I, uh, would be interested in this

15. ISO #5565
    Timezone
    Community
    5AF

16. ISO #5566
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactivity (#5564)
    Congrats town and Sorian!

Gonna HAVE to prepare my pretyped $#@!post vote for your pretyped post next game we're in now

Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman;548175
    [B
    [SIZE=3]Did someone say Hydra? Everyone who participated in this finale game - if you think your home community might be interested in participating, then please ask them about the idea and get back to me about whether or not you'd like to be signed up.
    *Tentatively raises hand*

I, uh, would be interested in this
    Awesome, I'll note down your community on the interest list. Will get back to you with more info at a later point

17. ISO #5567
    Loansharking blot test Newcomb's Avatar Head Moderator
    Community
    DLP

Player notes, ordered inversely by post count:

Gorf - Sorry you had to sub out. Also sorry we ended up being on the same team; I wanted a shot at revenge. I kind of wanted to see what your towngame was like, too. Hopefully we get to play again sometime.

Slooni - Multiple people were talking up your towngame, and I'm sad I didn't get a chance to see it. I hate rolling mafia, and if I'd rolled mafia in all three of my games in this series I'd - well, I sure as $#@! wouldn't have played in three games.

Dr. SaaB - I tried to save you at the end... by wagoning another town. Also I kinda started the whole train on you, ish. Soooo... maybe I owe you one :P Would love to play with you again when you've got the time to really get into it. Trying to play while RL dumps on you is never fun, and in a game like this...

faZ - You were both on a lot of mafia early, and actively going after them. You drew a N1 as VT. You were mostly townread. Really couldn't have done much more. Great game.

BFG - I loved how you were mostly quiet and not generally townread, but you slowly and surely crawled out of the PoE just by making good posts. Not any one huge thing, just kept plugging away.

Damdred - Sorry about the tunnel, heh. By the time I finally found a solid reason to townread you - the way you kept trying to clear BFG - the game was pretty much over. I get your frustration on me; it's definitely a playstyle thing where I don't necessarily go out of my way to engage with people I'm scumreading.

silver - Major props on fooling me as hard as you did. I had you firmly out of the PoE for a solid game day, and you only really dragged yourself back in with how hard / one-note you went on Golden, and even then I still thought you were probably v/v. It's a good thing others had you, because I wouldn't have gotten around to lynching you for another 3-4 days probably. I feel for you, rolling mafia twice. Can't be fun. And it's /never/ fun when town gels like that and you get booted out of the circle. But overall I thought you played a great game, considering. Let's do it again sometime and roll onto the same team.

Visorslash - I like you better as town :v

Lissa - People were saying after the wildcard game ended that you were underrated, and I think it finally clicked for me. You didn't have any huge amazing moment, but you did a bunch of things that were really good that kinda went under the radar. Like - you subbed into a game and actually caught up and got into the flow of things with like 2000 posts in the bank. That's pretty hard just in and of itself. You also whiffed hard on Visor/Apoc, but you recovered and it didn't really unbalance you or tilt you. Being able to just go "oh well lolme" and then keep trying to solve the game after your wolrdview gets broken like that is really, really hard. At least for me! You also just had a ton of kind of musing, agenda-less posts that were on the right track, or made me think about some things in a new way. I wouldn't say you drove the game forward or carried anyone on your back, but you were very, very solid and took a completely null slot in Gorf and did good things with it. Would roll v/v with you anytime, anywhere.

Roman - I'm really glad you hard-unaligned yourself with scum, because I feel like I'd have a lot harder time reading you independently. Way to pick out that early Apoc/GH interaction though. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense as w/w and it was definitely kind of a guidepost that I looked back to to reaffirm my GH scumread after apoc was redchecked.

AoZ - Ton of respect for the effort. I'd almost be interested in checking out your community just because it seems like they do things differently there, like different things are valued. I thought you handled the early pressure very, very well - not blowing up at anyone, but also not conceding ground or apologizing for your playstyle. You kept trying to solve the game the best way you knew how, and that's all you can really do.

GH - I'LL NEVER LET GO GH. NEVER. I'm probably going to go sign up for games you're in until we roll v/v again. I also really hope that the two games we've played together are a really great example of your normal play, because if so then I've got the master key the GH soulread in both directions. I really like playing with people who I can read well, who are good at the game, and who are also pretty entertaining and funny, so like.

Apoc - I'm sorry you were scum but I'm also not sorry because scumchat made me laugh out loud like six times. You were super fun to play with and I have a lot of respect for wolves who can wolf that fluidly. Eating a redcheck D2 sucks in all worlds, but you handled it like a pro. Hat's off.

Golden - You lost points with me for the self-vote thing, but you gained them back, and more, with the way you handled the reaction you got. Being able to kind of roll with that, adjust your expectations, keep solving, fight off silver and AoZ and others, and independently do solid analysis and give solid reads, really shows a mindset I love as town: the ability to both play your own game, and mold it to work best with what the town's got.

Sorian - Riding the line as PR and getting just enough shade thrown at you to not die in the night is a game I'm terrible at, so I respect people who are able to pull it off that well. I really want to roll into another game with you and see if I can figure out how to read you town without the benefit of hard unalignment with flipped mafia. Getting the save on Whiskey was big, and I think you played it optimally by targeting Not-Jelte N2 and N3. That's what I would have done, and what I hoped the JK would do when jelte outed.

yogsloth -

YOGSLOTH

YOGSLOTH BRO

I FIGURED IT OUT

I KNOW WHY IT BURNS WHEN I PEE

Whiskeyjack - Hell of a towngame, man. My favorite town players are people who just make their slot completely unassailable through a blinding +10 Aura of Town. That's my #1 goal when I roll town. The list of people I've seen who are capable of being Just That Town includes some of the very best players I've had the pleasure to play with, and that list now includes you. If your scumgame's anywhere near that good, consider me officially scared to roll v/w against you.

wvw-jelte - I really would be curious to see how this game would have evolved if you'd been VT. I had you as leaning town at EoD1, but it was kind of a wavering read, and I might have been talked into lynching you at some point if you didn't have the PR claim to fall back on. I really liked how you adjusted your approach to the game - like, I hugely respect the effort of doing all that meta research, but I even more like the fact that you were able to recognize that maybe that wasn't working so well in the game itself, and change your tactic midstream.

___

Thanks to ATP for the solid flavor, and a huge shoutout to Thingyman for putting this series together. The level of effort and time investment required to run this thing is pretty staggering. I think for me personally, the primary goal of getting introduced to new communities and building cross-community relationships succeeded with flying colors. Even with how much a dumpster fire Game 7 was for me personally (and, I'd argue, for humanity itself), I met some people I'd love to play with again like Stanari, yogsloth, and others.

The last two games were noteworthy for other reasons. I think the level of play in the wildcard game was probably the highest I've seen ever, and the sheer level of curbstomp in the finale was a pretty stunning example of town gelling and working together - something that was all the more symbolically cool, since town pretty well failed at that as a group, for the most part, in the qualifying games.

Anyway, once again: GGWP all. I'm taking a breather from mafia for a couple weeks, but I'll be back. If nothing else, I'm penciled in to play in the hydra game, which I'm already hyped for (hi Voxx!)

Newcomb out.

<INSERT DANK MEME HERE>

18. ISO #5568
    Banned
    Community
    NaDota
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther (#5565)
    Lol the posturing though
    @Panther

If you iso me I have "I wish panther" was in this game somewhere

19. ISO #5569
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Oh, reading Newcomb's notes made me think of one thing.

I thought Lissa should have been voted in on the back of Game 1.
    I thought Lissa should have, at minimum, been ranked higher in the subs to come in on the back of Game 9.
    I'm very pleased Lissa got to play in this game because I felt she was the biggest snub going in.

20. ISO #5570
    Community
    The Syndicate
    And none of that is a knock on anyone else. Just that I really felt Lissa deserved it.

21. ISO #5571
    Loansharking blot test Newcomb's Avatar Head Moderator
    Community
    DLP
    Apoc: lissa has meta to back up roman, but we cant possibly kill her
    Apoc: would be too weird
    Apoc: and she isnt a PR (ya i said it)
    Apoc: i think newcomb is the obvious kill
    Apoc: that doesnt lead to any questions
    Apoc: ?
    GeneralHankerchief: ugh
    GeneralHankerchief: I guess
    Apoc: never lyching that
    Apoc: :-/
    Apoc: he's sentimental too
    Apoc: its why he let you run free
    GeneralHankerchief: I know, it was awesome
    Apoc: (rofl)
    Apoc: nuke him and let visor be the god of your soul
    Apoc: do you think you can keep newcomb handled for another day?
    GeneralHankerchief: idk, I'd feel more confident about pocketing newcomb on D2 if weekend was coming up
    GeneralHankerchief: just get drunk and emotional with him

22. ISO #5572
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden (#5570)
    And none of that is a knock on anyone else. Just that I really felt Lissa deserved it.
    agreed.

she was definitely robbed in game 1.

(and monte in g4 imo)

played well in wcard too

23. ISO #5573
    Timezone
    Community
    5AF
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther (#5565)
    Lol the posturing though
    @Panther

If you iso me I have "I wish panther" was in this game somewhere
    One of the few times I actually checked in on the game...that was the most recent post

Warmed my icy heart

24. ISO #5574
    Timezone
    Community
    hattrick (dutch)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    @Thingyman: Any news on the finale vote results?

25. ISO #5575
    Community
    NeoGAF
    Quote Originally Posted by wvw-jelte (#5574)
    http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...l=1#post549775

26. ISO #5576
    Timezone
    Community
    hattrick (dutch)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactivity (#5575)
    I hoped there was some progress on that.
    Who are those slackers.

27. ISO #5577
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

One person is abstaining, and we are missing another person's votes, but those two people couldn't change 1st place anyway, so Askthepizzaguy is now beginning a final write-up, in which the top 5 players will be announced. Stay tuned!

28. ISO #5578
    Community
    NeoGAF
    Hyper is probably watching this like a hawk much more than I am.

29. ISO #5579
    Community
    NeoGAF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorian (#5578)
    Psssshhhh

I got a thread to end the day and reveal the lynch 30 minutes late to watch over

Someone else can report when you've disappoint us all XD ;P

30. ISO #5580
    Community
    NeoGAF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactivity (#5579)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorian (#5578)
    Psssshhhh

I got a thread to end the day and reveal the lynch 30 minutes late to watch over

Someone else can report when you've disappoint us all XD ;P
    30 minutes? You're getting better than the 90 it took for you yesterday.

31. ISO #5581
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    RE-POSTING THE CHAMPIONS

Peach's Castle
    Mushroom Kingdom

Right. So about that winter offensive.

The death of Moustache Guy and his trio of plumb dumb sideshow sidekicks meant that conquering all the worlds would be a real cinch this time. Now that my Koopa Troop had proved themselves ready for battle, I wasted no more time launching an assault.

I loaded up everyone on the Doom Ship and plotted a course for the nearest land of stupid pacifists.

In no time at all I had conquered places like the Choco-donut whatever land, and the Forest of whats-it-called, and the Big-Little place where you can be big or you can be little. There's usually one of those. There was an ice place, and a desert thingy, and some mountaintops in the clouds, or whatever. Frankly, it was pretty much the same thing every game. I gotta tell you, these writers have it easy, all they have to do is slap new sprites on old concepts and call it a day. I like the cut of their jib. Taking advantage of you dopes, and you just fork over your cash. These are my kinda guys.

So after conquering all the other lands, I headed straight for the castle at the heart of the Mushroom Kingdom. And I really let 'em have it. Boom! Boom! Kaboom! Blammo! That pretty little castle don't look so pretty no more. I annihilated 'em. I eviscerated 'em. I don't even think they knew I was coming! They didn't even put up a fight. Were it not for their corpses strewn about, I would have thought the place was deserted. I gotta admit, smashing hapless mushrooms into mush really tickles my scales.

Sitting on the throne of the Mushroom Kingdom, having Airhead's castle rebuilt into a fortress of evil, I got to mulling something I almost never get to mull: choosing which subordinates to promote due to extreme competence. I can't remember the last time I got to do that. And then I needed to name someone
    Champion of the Koopa Troop. Basically, they would be my second-in-command in case I were feeling lazy during one of my conquests, at barking orders was getting tiring. I chose from those who had scored well in a rating system I had devised to make it less work for me, I told those bums to choose among themselves who was the best.

All in all, I had to choose between
    eleven finalists who stomped the mushroom fools into dust and impressed their peers enough to receive votes. And they had impressed me in the process. Some of the choices were hard, but in the end, the top five finishers received a total of 181 points between them.

So without further ado, let me announce who is getting a promotion and a hefty pay raise to about.... hmmm, let's say.... two? Three? No, no.... how about:

ONE GOLDEN COIN!

....every fifth Friday of every month. If the month only has four Fridays, tough luck.

THE WINNERS

For his valiant efforts in choosing which plumbers needed to die (hint: all of them), I would like to award a special commendation to the brother of our dearly departed Shy-guy, who became the head of the entire Shy-Guy spear militia and racked up
    5th place and an incredible 23 points, by conquering ALL of Subcon for me....

Roman!

For his impressive skill and powerful magic, his ability to overpower do-gooders, and excellent zapping, I would like to award a special commendation to my long time ally and head of the Magikoopa order of wizardry. He conquered the Sky Kingdom on his broomstick thing and looked snazzy doing it. In 4th place with an astounding 30 points...

Sorian!

For his remarkable flight skills, and impressive commanding presence, I would like to give an award for high achievement to the new commander of the Elite Paratroopa Squadron. For dive-bombing countless mushrooms and securing the skies above the Koopahari Desert, I would like to award 3rd place, and a shiny new coat of golden paint, to the Super Duper Yellow Koopa Troopa, with an amazing 35 points...

faZ!

So the next decision I had to make was the toughest one yet. I had two fierce warriors who had both proven they had the chops to follow in my gigantic footsteps. And, I couldn't help but feel a certain sense of personal pride in one of them. But this was important, and I felt like judging this one down the middle was the fairest way to reward high achievers in the army of Koopa.

I knew that their dastardly deeds would be legendary, and that they were greatly admired and respected among their peers. For conquering both the Foresty Forest or whatnot, and the place with the ice, you know which one I mean, as well as securing his place as commander of the Koopa infantry with one impressive victory after another, it gives me great pride to announce that in
    second place, with a spectacular 41 points, is the one, the only, the amazing....

wvw-Jelte!!

So, finally, there can be no question. This next guy has truly earned his crown. This guy is the undisputed CHAMPION OF THE KOOPA TROOP, and of the tournament whats-it-called for season... three, I'm guessing. It's been three seasons, right? I could check, but it's probably not important.

Anyway, this person earned the respect of his peers repeatedly, and throttled do-gooder after do-gooder in single combat, and pulled more than his share of weight, which is considerable.

I'm saying you need to go on a diet. You think I maintain this impressive physique by eating popcorn and guzzling Koopa Kola? Well, actually I do, but that's beside the point. Do you even lift, bub? I guess it would be hard, given that you couldn't even reach the ground if you were laying on your stomach. But this isn't Koopadom's Next Top Model. You might have an apple-shaped body, but man, you pack quite a punch. You're big, you're mean, and you hurl heroes around like they're lightweights. Best of all, you look the part. For personally bowling over most of the Mushroom resistance, and blowing away anything in your path, and capturing all the other remaining castles in the world for the legions of Koopas...

drumroll please...

By the judgment of your peers, with a superior score of
    52 points, I award you First place, name you as my successor, and Champion of the Koopa Troop.

Your Season 3 Champion.... in all his might and glory:

Whiskeyjack!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks to all participants in season 3, and all spectators, moderators, staffers, and game hosts. From the Staff of Mafia Universe.

See you next year, hopefully.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; August 24th, 2016 at 07:14 PM.

32. ISO #5582
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Congrats to all you winners. I wish I could have contributed to that final vote, but I'm sure you all deserved it. And congrats to everyone else too, for making it this far and for playing in this tournament. It was great to be around so many different mafia perspectives. I hope this is not the last time I see a lot of you.

33. ISO #5583
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate/MU
    AKA
    Lenore
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    congrats, ppl! you played very well, and I hope that you still stick around to play some more on MU in the future!
    Beru - Today at 1:36 PM
    what's the eimm equivalent of free dead villager
    Bored (Excerpt)

Sometimes he would whistle, sometimes
    I would. The boring rhythm of doing
    things over and over, carrying
    the wood, drying
    the dishes. Such minutiae. It's what
    the animals spend most of their time at,
    ferrying the sand, grain by grain, from their tunnels,
    shuffling the leaves in their burrows. He pointed
    such things out, and I would look
    at the whorled texture of his square finger, earth under
    the nail.

• Anon Invitational Mash - Start: Sept. 9th

34. ISO #5584
    Timezone
    Community
    hattrick (dutch)
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by the-middle-of-the-line (#5583)
    congrats, ppl! you played very well, and I hope that you still stick around to play some more on MU in the future!
    Dont worry I have already signed in for another game on here.