Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 351 to 400 of 473

Thread: Zero Escape: A Hybrid Experimental Social Deduction Game - Mafia Victory/Iaafr Escape

  1. ISO #351
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#350)
    Game feels pretty solved tbh
    Iaafr betrays, Sparkles + Igno ally
    Everyone else betrays
    end result is Iaafr at 8, Igno at 1, Voltaire at 5, everyone else at 3
    at that point it should be dead easy to escape iaafr like n4/n5 to beat the escape clause, and it’s just a matter of burning through the rest of the rounds without letting anyone else escape
    everyone always betrays, keep people as far away from escaping as possible, and win
    the only thing that can really throw a wrench in the plans is people dying and defaulting to auto-ally, which can get tricky. Anyone on igno’s team should probs take their time tonight and focus on being absolutely sure they’re accurate, but if worst comes to worst, then we just stick the dead bracelet in pairs vs trusted solos so that as few people get points as possible.
    @Marcher Jovian

    have you spoken with bladescape?

    @bladescape

    thoughts on marcher jovian?

  2. ISO #352
    Soul Reader Marcher Jovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,672
    Community
    Civ Fanatics Center
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Hasn’t really been any talk in the pair, no
    but everyone except igno/sparkles should just betray anyways
    there is 0 reason for any more than exactly 1 person to be getting more points than the bare minimum to not die

  3. ISO #353
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#350)
    Game feels pretty solved tbh
    Iaafr betrays, Sparkles + Igno ally
    Everyone else betrays
    end result is Iaafr at 8, Igno at 1, Voltaire at 5, everyone else at 3
    at that point it should be dead easy to escape iaafr like n4/n5 to beat the escape clause, and it’s just a matter of burning through the rest of the rounds without letting anyone else escape
    everyone always betrays, keep people as far away from escaping as possible, and win
    the only thing that can really throw a wrench in the plans is people dying and defaulting to auto-ally, which can get tricky. Anyone on igno’s team should probs take their time tonight and focus on being absolutely sure they’re accurate, but if worst comes to worst, then we just stick the dead bracelet in pairs vs trusted solos so that as few people get points as possible.
    This is all possible because I allyed, yw.

  4. ISO #354
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    I don’t really like the thought of Igno at 1.

  5. ISO #355
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#352)
    Hasn’t really been any talk in the pair, no
    but everyone except igno/sparkles should just betray anyways
    there is 0 reason for any more than exactly 1 person to be getting more points than the bare minimum to not die
    sounds town enough

    I'll ally to give you both points then

  6. ISO #356
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#355)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#352)
    Hasn’t really been any talk in the pair, no
    but everyone except igno/sparkles should just betray anyways
    there is 0 reason for any more than exactly 1 person to be getting more points than the bare minimum to not die
    sounds town enough

    I'll ally to give you both points then
    He literally just said everyone should betray...

  7. ISO #357
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#356)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#355)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#352)
    Hasn’t really been any talk in the pair, no
    but everyone except igno/sparkles should just betray anyways
    there is 0 reason for any more than exactly 1 person to be getting more points than the bare minimum to not die
    sounds town enough

    I'll ally to give you both points then
    He literally just said everyone should betray...
    I'm confident bladescape is town

    Marcher Jovian seems to be town

    I'm giving them points

    We don't know how the game will progress, or how our 'plans' may be laid to waste later

    I'd rather have more people I think are Town in a better position than not

    exactly 0 mafia in our group of 3

  8. ISO #358
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Frog is just mafia.

  9. ISO #359
    Soul Reader Marcher Jovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,672
    Community
    Civ Fanatics Center
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#355)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#352)
    Hasn’t really been any talk in the pair, no
    but everyone except igno/sparkles should just betray anyways
    there is 0 reason for any more than exactly 1 person to be getting more points than the bare minimum to not die
    sounds town enough

    I'll ally to give you both points then
    I’d prefer you didn’t
    like idk the odds of two mafia getting in the exact same pair d1 but uh this is literally exactly one of the mafia team’s possible outs here
    there is no reason to give points to people you townread
    it is actively harmful to have multiple people escape because it means we can no longer control their picks for the day
    it is also bad to put yourself at 1 because you risk dying and losing control of ambidex
    do not ally. please betray.

  10. ISO #360
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    @iaafr

    Just ally, we’re gonna Ally, upto u obvi

  11. ISO #361
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    @iaafr

    Just ally, we’re gonna Ally, upto u obvi

  12. ISO #362
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#360)
    @iaafr

    Just ally, we’re gonna Ally, upto u obvi
    Sparkles confirmed scum, never rescind.

  13. ISO #363
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    Yes we know, idc.

  14. ISO #364
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#322)
    Also, if I'm Town and am actually misinformed, then my actions have potential to harm town and should be addressed.
    consider yourself addressed

  15. ISO #365
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#364)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#322)
    Also, if I'm Town and am actually misinformed, then my actions have potential to harm town and should be addressed.
    consider yourself addressed
    LOL, thanks for just proving my point.

  16. ISO #366
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#359)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#355)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#352)
    Hasn’t really been any talk in the pair, no
    but everyone except igno/sparkles should just betray anyways
    there is 0 reason for any more than exactly 1 person to be getting more points than the bare minimum to not die
    sounds town enough

    I'll ally to give you both points then
    I’d prefer you didn’t
    like idk the odds of two mafia getting in the exact same pair d1 but uh this is literally exactly one of the mafia team’s possible outs here
    there is no reason to give points to people you townread
    it is actively harmful to have multiple people escape because it means we can no longer control their picks for the day
    it is also bad to put yourself at 1 because you risk dying and losing control of ambidex
    do not ally. please betray.
    Dear Marcher Jovian,

    I have received your hesitation and taken it under consideration.

    Let me try to understand what you're saying here. Your concern has to do with:

    1. Probability of 'two mafia being the exact same pair d1'

    What and who are you referring to here?

    2. If multiple townread players escape, there will be less control for daily picks

    This is a good point, I agree, losing control isn't ideal. I am afraid that future risks may present themselves in a manner where we may not be able to send our 1 (ONE) pick. I'd like to have some sort of backup plan present should that occur. I believe it was mentioned that challenges would become increasingly difficult, as well as penalties becoming increasingly prevalent / severe. Can you understand why I'd like a contingency plan of backup picks?

    3. I don't think there is a negative consequence of dying as long as it puts town in a position to win? However I don't think I understand your point on losing control of ambidex.

    I have already submitted ally, but I'll be reading up and open to change to betray.

  17. ISO #367
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#363)
    Yes we know, idc.
    That's some open wolfing if ever I've seen it.

  18. ISO #368
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    @Laurentus

    I think we have vastly different approaches towards the purpose of communication in this type of game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#301)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#298)
    -snip-
    It feels like you're trying to debate me instead of understanding what I'm communicating to you.

    Your style seems to be aggressively uninformed, that should be as concerning to you as it should be for anyone.

  19. ISO #369
    Soul Reader Marcher Jovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,672
    Community
    Civ Fanatics Center
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#366)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#359)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#355)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#352)
    Hasn’t really been any talk in the pair, no
    but everyone except igno/sparkles should just betray anyways
    there is 0 reason for any more than exactly 1 person to be getting more points than the bare minimum to not die
    sounds town enough

    I'll ally to give you both points then
    I’d prefer you didn’t
    like idk the odds of two mafia getting in the exact same pair d1 but uh this is literally exactly one of the mafia team’s possible outs here
    there is no reason to give points to people you townread
    it is actively harmful to have multiple people escape because it means we can no longer control their picks for the day
    it is also bad to put yourself at 1 because you risk dying and losing control of ambidex
    do not ally. please betray.
    Dear Marcher Jovian,

    I have received your hesitation and taken it under consideration.

    Let me try to understand what you're saying here. Your concern has to do with:

    1. Probability of 'two mafia being the exact same pair d1'

    What and who are you referring to here?

    2. If multiple townread players escape, there will be less control for daily picks

    This is a good point, I agree, losing control isn't ideal. I am afraid that future risks may present themselves in a manner where we may not be able to send our 1 (ONE) pick. I'd like to have some sort of backup plan present should that occur. I believe it was mentioned that challenges would become increasingly difficult, as well as penalties becoming increasingly prevalent / severe. Can you understand why I'd like a contingency plan of backup picks?

    3. I don't think there is a negative consequence of dying as long as it puts town in a position to win? However I don't think I understand your point on losing control of ambidex.

    I have already submitted ally, but I'll be reading up and open to change to betray.
    1. you and Bladescape came out of pairs hard townreading each other for stuff that no one else can verify. You now want to put bladescape in a position to potentially escape the moment he gets put opposite you or any dead/escaped bracelet. Mafia are being put in a tight spot right now because iaafr is going to escape so they lose the 6-day wait wincon and now can pretty much only win by outing themselves to try and force a mechanical win which seems to be exactly what you seem to be doing with bladescape.
    2. That’s why I want to do it d4. Even if mafia both out themselves to stop it twice, we’d still have one last day to successfully escape while knowing the exact team so it’s easy to accomplish.
    3. Dead players continue getting put into pairs/trios, but default to ally. This is bad because ally == more points == more chance for mafia to escape.

  20. ISO #370
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#368)
    @Laurentus

    I think we have vastly different approaches towards the purpose of communication in this type of game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#301)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#298)
    -snip-
    It feels like you're trying to debate me instead of understanding what I'm communicating to you.

    Your style seems to be aggressively uninformed, that should be as concerning to you as it should be for anyone.
    No, you're literally calling me uninformed while refusing to address exactly which one of my points you consider to be uninformed. As I've already explained, not addressing where I am uninformed just harms town and is anti-town af. And then you challenge my confidence as a problem.

  21. ISO #371
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    That said, I'm liking Marcher Jovian so far. What is your reads list, Marcher?

  22. ISO #372
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#369)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#366)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#359)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#355)
    sounds town enough

    I'll ally to give you both points then
    I’d prefer you didn’t
    like idk the odds of two mafia getting in the exact same pair d1 but uh this is literally exactly one of the mafia team’s possible outs here
    there is no reason to give points to people you townread
    it is actively harmful to have multiple people escape because it means we can no longer control their picks for the day
    it is also bad to put yourself at 1 because you risk dying and losing control of ambidex
    do not ally. please betray.
    Dear Marcher Jovian,

    I have received your hesitation and taken it under consideration.

    Let me try to understand what you're saying here. Your concern has to do with:

    1. Probability of 'two mafia being the exact same pair d1'

    What and who are you referring to here?

    2. If multiple townread players escape, there will be less control for daily picks

    This is a good point, I agree, losing control isn't ideal. I am afraid that future risks may present themselves in a manner where we may not be able to send our 1 (ONE) pick. I'd like to have some sort of backup plan present should that occur. I believe it was mentioned that challenges would become increasingly difficult, as well as penalties becoming increasingly prevalent / severe. Can you understand why I'd like a contingency plan of backup picks?

    3. I don't think there is a negative consequence of dying as long as it puts town in a position to win? However I don't think I understand your point on losing control of ambidex.

    I have already submitted ally, but I'll be reading up and open to change to betray.
    1. you and Bladescape came out of pairs hard townreading each other for stuff that no one else can verify. You now want to put bladescape in a position to potentially escape the moment he gets put opposite you or any dead/escaped bracelet. Mafia are being put in a tight spot right now because iaafr is going to escape so they lose the 6-day wait wincon and now can pretty much only win by outing themselves to try and force a mechanical win which seems to be exactly what you seem to be doing with bladescape.
    2. That’s why I want to do it d4. Even if mafia both out themselves to stop it twice, we’d still have one last day to successfully escape while knowing the exact team so it’s easy to accomplish.
    3. Dead players continue getting put into pairs/trios, but default to ally. This is bad because ally == more points == more chance for mafia to escape.
    1. That's a reasonable suspicion you have of a mafia team being me + bladescape, especially considering you are missing privileged information. I don't want to drop my secret tell read on bladescape, but to help assuage your doubts, yesterday I was in a trio with bladescape and sparkles. I had the opportunity to solve the puzzle almost immediately. The prize, being unknown at the time, would have put team Frog+bladescape at a certain advantage. Not only did I hesitate to answer, I gave a fake answer to stop the potential of sparkles, someone I thought could be mafia, from gaining an advantage. Both sparkles and bladescape can attest to this. I hope this helps clear some doubt there.

    May I ask, you seem to be treating IAAFR being town as though it is a foregone conclusion. Why is that?

    2. I don't think there is harm putting both you and bladescape up to 6 points now. It's not enough to accidentally propel you through to escape, but it's probably enough to buffer you from unknown future risks.

    3. Thank you for this explanation, this would probably be problematic, I agree. Being at 1 point would be... kind of risky. But isn't igno doing the same thing? If we exchange 2 players at 1 for 3 town read players in a good position, is it worth it then? I don't know. Maybe not. Thanks for bringing this up!

    I'm going to watch the buccaneers game and think about this, thank you for your time Marcher Jovian!

    Feel free to write me any posts you think would be relevant to consider

  23. ISO #373
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Oh, neat, so instead the team might be exactly Sparkles and Bladescape, and you wanna give Bladescape points?

  24. ISO #374
    Soul Reader Marcher Jovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,672
    Community
    Civ Fanatics Center
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Marcher Jovian

    iaafr

    ignoramus

    Laurentus
    RubberDuckette

    Volatairenism
    bladescape

    Miss Sparkles
    Frog

  25. ISO #375
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#374)
    Marcher Jovian

    iaafr

    ignoramus

    Laurentus
    RubberDuckette

    Volatairenism
    bladescape

    Miss Sparkles
    Frog
    Tempted to do a reads list on player type, not alignment :-P

    Potato players:


    Non-Potato players:

  26. ISO #376
    Soul Reader Marcher Jovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    2,672
    Community
    Civ Fanatics Center
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#372)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#369)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#366)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#359)
    I’d prefer you didn’t
    like idk the odds of two mafia getting in the exact same pair d1 but uh this is literally exactly one of the mafia team’s possible outs here
    there is no reason to give points to people you townread
    it is actively harmful to have multiple people escape because it means we can no longer control their picks for the day
    it is also bad to put yourself at 1 because you risk dying and losing control of ambidex
    do not ally. please betray.
    Dear Marcher Jovian,

    I have received your hesitation and taken it under consideration.

    Let me try to understand what you're saying here. Your concern has to do with:

    1. Probability of 'two mafia being the exact same pair d1'

    What and who are you referring to here?

    2. If multiple townread players escape, there will be less control for daily picks

    This is a good point, I agree, losing control isn't ideal. I am afraid that future risks may present themselves in a manner where we may not be able to send our 1 (ONE) pick. I'd like to have some sort of backup plan present should that occur. I believe it was mentioned that challenges would become increasingly difficult, as well as penalties becoming increasingly prevalent / severe. Can you understand why I'd like a contingency plan of backup picks?

    3. I don't think there is a negative consequence of dying as long as it puts town in a position to win? However I don't think I understand your point on losing control of ambidex.

    I have already submitted ally, but I'll be reading up and open to change to betray.
    1. you and Bladescape came out of pairs hard townreading each other for stuff that no one else can verify. You now want to put bladescape in a position to potentially escape the moment he gets put opposite you or any dead/escaped bracelet. Mafia are being put in a tight spot right now because iaafr is going to escape so they lose the 6-day wait wincon and now can pretty much only win by outing themselves to try and force a mechanical win which seems to be exactly what you seem to be doing with bladescape.
    2. That’s why I want to do it d4. Even if mafia both out themselves to stop it twice, we’d still have one last day to successfully escape while knowing the exact team so it’s easy to accomplish.
    3. Dead players continue getting put into pairs/trios, but default to ally. This is bad because ally == more points == more chance for mafia to escape.
    1. That's a reasonable suspicion you have of a mafia team being me + bladescape, especially considering you are missing privileged information. I don't want to drop my secret tell read on bladescape, but to help assuage your doubts, yesterday I was in a trio with bladescape and sparkles. I had the opportunity to solve the puzzle almost immediately. The prize, being unknown at the time, would have put team Frog+bladescape at a certain advantage. Not only did I hesitate to answer, I gave a fake answer to stop the potential of sparkles, someone I thought could be mafia, from gaining an advantage. Both sparkles and bladescape can attest to this. I hope this helps clear some doubt there.

    May I ask, you seem to be treating IAAFR being town as though it is a foregone conclusion. Why is that?

    2. I don't think there is harm putting both you and bladescape up to 6 points now. It's not enough to accidentally propel you through to escape, but it's probably enough to buffer you from unknown future risks.

    3. Thank you for this explanation, this would probably be problematic, I agree. Being at 1 point would be... kind of risky. But isn't igno doing the same thing? If we exchange 2 players at 1 for 3 town read players in a good position, is it worth it then? I don't know. Maybe not. Thanks for bringing this up!

    I'm going to watch the buccaneers game and think about this, thank you for your time Marcher Jovian!

    Feel free to write me any posts you think would be relevant to consider
    1. iaafr has this thing where he gets super waffly as town that he did d1 that he can’t really replicate well as mafia. Even outside of that, I think he had the towniest reactions in that trio. Like he didn’t really care about appearance and focused more on solving for what to do. Add to that that as mafia, iaafr had a free shot at 6 pts to force town into a hellish situation with 2 players potentially mafia on the verge of winning, didn’t take it, and didn’t even try to exploit the cred for not betraying by calling for betray/betray and 0 pts the next day. Like any one of those would be a decent case but personal towntell + villagery thought process + being given basically a free chance to easily take game-winning actions for mafia and turning it down twice I think is just about always a villager.
    2. 6 pts is exactly the number that mafia needs to win in one lucky day.
    3. We only need 1 player to escape, and the moment they do escape, anyone else at high points becomes an instant liability because mafia can potentially force them to leave the game by allying and giving them pts so they become another ambidex bracelet we can’t control. It’s not even good by itself and definitely not worth risking potential deaths to make happen.

  27. ISO #377
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#376)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#372)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcher Jovian (#369)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#366)
    Dear Marcher Jovian,

    I have received your hesitation and taken it under consideration.

    Let me try to understand what you're saying here. Your concern has to do with:

    1. Probability of 'two mafia being the exact same pair d1'

    What and who are you referring to here?

    2. If multiple townread players escape, there will be less control for daily picks

    This is a good point, I agree, losing control isn't ideal. I am afraid that future risks may present themselves in a manner where we may not be able to send our 1 (ONE) pick. I'd like to have some sort of backup plan present should that occur. I believe it was mentioned that challenges would become increasingly difficult, as well as penalties becoming increasingly prevalent / severe. Can you understand why I'd like a contingency plan of backup picks?

    3. I don't think there is a negative consequence of dying as long as it puts town in a position to win? However I don't think I understand your point on losing control of ambidex.

    I have already submitted ally, but I'll be reading up and open to change to betray.
    1. you and Bladescape came out of pairs hard townreading each other for stuff that no one else can verify. You now want to put bladescape in a position to potentially escape the moment he gets put opposite you or any dead/escaped bracelet. Mafia are being put in a tight spot right now because iaafr is going to escape so they lose the 6-day wait wincon and now can pretty much only win by outing themselves to try and force a mechanical win which seems to be exactly what you seem to be doing with bladescape.
    2. That’s why I want to do it d4. Even if mafia both out themselves to stop it twice, we’d still have one last day to successfully escape while knowing the exact team so it’s easy to accomplish.
    3. Dead players continue getting put into pairs/trios, but default to ally. This is bad because ally == more points == more chance for mafia to escape.
    1. That's a reasonable suspicion you have of a mafia team being me + bladescape, especially considering you are missing privileged information. I don't want to drop my secret tell read on bladescape, but to help assuage your doubts, yesterday I was in a trio with bladescape and sparkles. I had the opportunity to solve the puzzle almost immediately. The prize, being unknown at the time, would have put team Frog+bladescape at a certain advantage. Not only did I hesitate to answer, I gave a fake answer to stop the potential of sparkles, someone I thought could be mafia, from gaining an advantage. Both sparkles and bladescape can attest to this. I hope this helps clear some doubt there.

    May I ask, you seem to be treating IAAFR being town as though it is a foregone conclusion. Why is that?

    2. I don't think there is harm putting both you and bladescape up to 6 points now. It's not enough to accidentally propel you through to escape, but it's probably enough to buffer you from unknown future risks.

    3. Thank you for this explanation, this would probably be problematic, I agree. Being at 1 point would be... kind of risky. But isn't igno doing the same thing? If we exchange 2 players at 1 for 3 town read players in a good position, is it worth it then? I don't know. Maybe not. Thanks for bringing this up!

    I'm going to watch the buccaneers game and think about this, thank you for your time Marcher Jovian!

    Feel free to write me any posts you think would be relevant to consider
    1. iaafr has this thing where he gets super waffly as town that he did d1 that he can’t really replicate well as mafia. Even outside of that, I think he had the towniest reactions in that trio. Like he didn’t really care about appearance and focused more on solving for what to do. Add to that that as mafia, iaafr had a free shot at 6 pts to force town into a hellish situation with 2 players potentially mafia on the verge of winning, didn’t take it, and didn’t even try to exploit the cred for not betraying by calling for betray/betray and 0 pts the next day. Like any one of those would be a decent case but personal towntell + villagery thought process + being given basically a free chance to easily take game-winning actions for mafia and turning it down twice I think is just about always a villager.
    2. 6 pts is exactly the number that mafia needs to win in one lucky day.
    3. We only need 1 player to escape, and the moment they do escape, anyone else at high points becomes an instant liability because mafia can potentially force them to leave the game by allying and giving them pts so they become another ambidex bracelet we can’t control. It’s not even good by itself and definitely not worth risking potential deaths to make happen.
    Thanks for the explanations here! Makes I a lot clearer to me now. I'm inclined to agree with you then that I should betray. The reason I may ally now is because I'm emotionally annoyed that you scum read me :-P

  28. ISO #378
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#161)
    Ewww at the all betray idea, jeez one pair is clearly all town, do imma take my 1/3 of quick town points, and if one of you is mafia you still should ally otherwise you’re captain obvious.

    Ace is probably scum, that no betray is meh, hell it’s possible 2/3 pairs are all town, i’ll take those odds and if not i’ll gamble on the 1/3 🤷♀️
    Wait, rereading again now. Does this not go super strongly against something you yourself later said?

  29. ISO #379
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#215)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckette (#210)
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#206)
    No surprise Duck was involved in choosing this. Did she tell you all about True Love and how I couldn’t be trusted? Cause now you got two players with points and under suspicion just betraying each other, nothing can be gained from this pairing
    i think info can definitely be gained from this pairing. could even say these posts give people info.

    and the points thing... that was kind of the aim? we didn't want you guys to get more points just yet we want to save those for the consensus town reads. you can't be mad about that if you think about it from a town perspective
    I figured as much smh

    Why not betray there if I was mafia? I’d have spun it as knowing i’m town snd wanted town to get the most points since i’m know i’m town snd people would have bought it. Or I just betray all game and make sure my partner gets the points.
    Oh my god. You totally did.

  30. ISO #380
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Miss Sparkles

  31. ISO #381
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Edwop

    ##Vote Miss Sparkles

  32. ISO #382
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    How is that a contradiction? You’re just annoying at this point

  33. ISO #383
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    "You should totes ally even if you're maf, otherwise you're being obvious maf"

    One day later...

    "No, guys, stop being silly, if I was maf I would have betrayed!"

  34. ISO #384
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    What I fear them into doing doesn’t mean it’s what I’d do.

  35. ISO #385
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    So just stop.

  36. ISO #386
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#382)
    How is that a contradiction? You’re just annoying at this point
    It's just their style, I doubt it's alignment indicative, don't take it personally, don't feed the beast etc.

  37. ISO #387
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Just lolcat already.

    It shows your logic is not internally consistent.

  38. ISO #388
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    It’s lying, so they’re a lying sack of $%#! type player? Good to know.

  39. ISO #389
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#388)
    It’s lying, so they’re a lying sack of $%#! type player? Good to know.
    I think I might use that for my bio at next champs. XD

  40. ISO #390
    Bandwagoner

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    90
    Community
    WrestlingForum; MafiaCafe
    AKA
    MissSparklesX
    Pronouns
    She/Her
    Gender
    Absolutely.

  41. ISO #391
    Soul Reader ignoramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,642
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    I'M A MINOR
    AKA
    Lincoln/Mister Congeniality
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#325)
    Okay, yeah, just reread the rules to make sure. If iaafr betrays while igno/Sparkles ally, Igno is on 1 and Sparkles is on 3, while iaafr is on 8.

    Which means I can happily take the risk of betraying twice and allying once, which is my secondary wincon.

    Now onto how to help you achieve your secondary wincon, Igno. How do we help you get there.
    There's no need to
    Secret win condition < factional win condition

    Quote Originally Posted by voltairenism (#336)
    Quote Originally Posted by ignoramus (#244)
    Okay so! After a lot of procrastinating thinking, I think allying (at least for me, Sparkles, and Iaafr) is a good idea
    I know this is gonna be a big hmmMMMM moment for y'all but!!
    If Iaafr is truly town, he'll get two extra points - good for town if I understood mechanics correctly (someone fact check me because I absolutely suck at mechanics), plus it is something me and Sparkles agree on - except I'm not as loud as she is and I'm still a bit hesitant
    Lastly, I got a secret win condition (well not so secret anymore) that involves not getting betrayed successfully
    So I'm also leaning towards allying more @iaafr thoughts? (or anyone else - this is not aimed at Iaafr specifically)
    sounds cool but sparkles shady af
    Yeah um. Maybe scrap this idea idk

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#341)
    Oh, the reason I'm really surprised that no one is paranoid about my play of pushing iaafr to the win so aggressively is because isn't that exactly what mafia would be doing with their scumbud?
    Personally, I was like "okay this is too obvious I highly doubt this comes from mafia"

    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#354)
    I don’t really like the thought of Igno at 1.
    If town wins leaving me at 1 is okay

  42. ISO #392
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#388)
    It’s lying, so they’re a lying sack of $%#! type player? Good to know.
    It's a combination of several things that go poorly together

    Lack of self-awareness

    Aggressive

    Strong opinions on limited / no information- aka throwing $%#! at walls seeing what sticks

    Debating to be right instead of inquiring to find understanding

    Creating lines and buying into confirmation bias

    It's not enjoyable to play with but they're not going to change their style this game

  43. ISO #393
    Soul Reader ignoramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,642
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    I'M A MINOR
    AKA
    Lincoln/Mister Congeniality
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Alright me and Sparkles will ally, everyone else will betray
    I hope this works

  44. ISO #394
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by ignoramus (#393)
    Alright me and Sparkles will ally, everyone else will betray
    I hope this works
    Yes, Igno town.

  45. ISO #395
    JAMES MCCLOWN Frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,735
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by ignoramus (#393)
    Alright me and Sparkles will ally, everyone else will betray
    I hope this works
    I'm going to ally unless the 4 players post pokemon memes

  46. ISO #396
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSparkle$ (#388)
    It’s lying, so they’re a lying sack of $%#! type player? Good to know.
    Frankly I'm just trying to figure out if this much tilt comes from town!you or scum!you. Anyone with meta?

  47. ISO #397
    Soul Reader ignoramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,642
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    I'M A MINOR
    AKA
    Lincoln/Mister Congeniality
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#395)
    Quote Originally Posted by ignoramus (#393)
    Alright me and Sparkles will ally, everyone else will betray
    I hope this works
    I'm going to ally unless the 4 players post pokemon memes
    Whoever teams with Frog please post Pokemon memes

  48. ISO #398
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#395)
    Quote Originally Posted by ignoramus (#393)
    Alright me and Sparkles will ally, everyone else will betray
    I hope this works
    I'm going to ally unless the 4 players post pokemon memes
    Christ, I hope your solo is Town.

  49. ISO #399
    Soul Reader ignoramus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    3,642
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    I'M A MINOR
    AKA
    Lincoln/Mister Congeniality
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurentus (#398)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog (#395)
    Quote Originally Posted by ignoramus (#393)
    Alright me and Sparkles will ally, everyone else will betray
    I hope this works
    I'm going to ally unless the 4 players post pokemon memes
    Christ, I hope your solo is Town.
    This is referring to Frog, right? Man I'm confused

  50. ISO #400
    Soul Reader Laurentus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,551
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Wintreath
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    But whatever.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Fabricator

The Fabricator may each night pass out a fake Bulletproof vest (1-shot immunity against a nightkill) or a fake gun (1-shot day vigilante shot) to another player in the game. If someone fires their fake gun, the shooter will die instead. The fake vest will not protect the player who received it.