Page 1 of 219 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 8, Finale! Secure Championship Procedure [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8, Finale! Secure Championship Procedure [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 8, FINALE: SECURE CHAMPIONSHIP PROCEDURE[THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP]

Welcome to Season 8 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from all over the world

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Ampharos providing flavor
    Start Date: October 7th, 2021
    Start of Day/End of Day: 6PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Elimination Mechanics: Deadline Elimination (person with most votes is eliminated at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be eliminated. Sleep is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more miselimination leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 150 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).

2x Mafia Goons
    1x Mafia Roleblocker
    1x Town Motion Detector
    1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)
    1x Town Doctor
    9x Vanilla Townie

Flips are alignment only.

Relevant mechanics info:

• Day start.
    • Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    • Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • The Town Doctor is unable to make consecutive saves on the same person two nights in a row, and can't self-target
    • Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    • The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Mafia Roleblocker Role PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Mafia Roleblocker. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

Mafia Team

Mafia Chat: ...

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Mafia Roleblocker

As Mafia Roleblocker, you have access to the Roleblocking Night Action. Roleblocking another player prevents them from being able to successfully use any Night Action that they might have that night. You will not learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.

Game Thread: ...

Town Motion Detector Role PM:

Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Motion Detector. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Motion Detector

As Town Motion Detector, you have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Town Vigilante (n2+) Role PM:
    Role PM for Example Game

You are 1-Shot Town Vigilante | Cycle 2+. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Vigilante

As Town Vigilante, you have access to the Shoot Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Cycle X

The Cycle X modifier makes your role restricted to one cycle. You may act during that cycle but will be unable to act before and after.

You can act on Cycle 2+ in this game.

X-Shot

The X-Shot modifier limits the number of times you can use your Night actions. If you spend all of your shots then you will not be able to use Night actions anymore.

You have 1 shots at the start of the game.

Game Thread: ...[/QUOTE]

Town Doctor Role PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Doctor. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Doctor

As Town Doctor, you have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

PLAYER COMMUNITY QUALIFIER SEMIFINAL
    @alexa EpicMafia Game 3 Semifinal 2
    @Boquise Mafia Maniac Game 2 Semifinal 1
    @Gorf Smashboards Game 5 Semifinal 1
    @Holyflare TL Exiles Game 1 Semifinal 3
    @Hornet Flight Rising Game 5 Semifinal 1
    @JohnCarter Neoseeker - Wrestling Game 7 Semifinal 2
    @katze Throne of Lies Game 3 Semifinal 2
    @Pilica Wolfia Discord Game 4 Semifinal 3
    @Soneji Naruto Forums Game 3 Semifinal 1
    @The Sun Fan Zelda Dungeon Game 8 Semifinal 3
    @Thunal33 Mafia Cafe Game 7 Semifinal 1
    @Vandyfan402 MiniMafia Game 1 Semifinal 2
    @vanity. Mafia Universe Game 9 Semifinal 3
    @Wiml CivFanatics Game 9 Semifinal 2
    @Wisdom Maffia Sverige Game 9 Semifinal 3

Spectate the game on our Discord server

Read more about this season here

If you need to talk to someone privately about your role/the game/champs/anything, feel free to message @Arapocalypse (Arapocalypse#0834), @Lissa (Lissa#8083), @nutella (nutella#2792), or @roro__b (Dobby#6775)!
    Last edited by Ampharos; October 6th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    MiniMafia

1) alexa

REPRESENTING: EpicMafia

NATIONALITY: US

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: EpicMafia, Mafia Universe

BIO:

hiiiiiiiiiii guise, it's me awexa back for the championship FINALE :33333 i'm so EXCITED to get to play with all of these amazing players like MODBOT XDDDDD haha that was just a joke. get it? 'cause he's a player in the game. i got to be the big and scawy vig last game and shot a wolfy >w< i really hope this game i get to be a vanilla town again because being a wolfy is so hard and i just HATE being sneaky and nefarious to friends. during my free time when i'm not playing mafia or practicing karate for the talent show, i wuv to look at pictures of precious cats x333 that's why my icon is a cute kitty!!! i hope it makes you guys want to keep me alive and townread me!!! Please join my towncore, thanks!!! XDDDD

-bio written my neopest

2) Boquise

REPRESENTING: MafiaManiac

NATIONALITY: Sweden

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2012 on forum

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: at sites tbh

BIO:

3) Gorf

REPRESENTING: Smashboards

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2009

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: smashboards, serenesforest, mafia universe, mafia colosseum, several more from years back

BIO:

Posted image
    Posted image
    Posted image
    Posted image
    Posted image
    Posted image
    Posted image

4) Hornet

REPRESENTING: Flight Rising

NATIONALITY: Canadian/American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Flight Rising, Mafia Universe, Two Plus Two

BIO:
    uhh. not really sure what to put here.
    ok so found ww by accident, gave it a try on fr (we usually played rolemadness, and my first game was a bit of a ride bc polygone) and played awhile, then rl took me away until like... the start of this year

also yes my acct is named after a character, yes i use he/him but the fem marker is bc of the character

anw uh. not sure if i shld add the other stuff i was thinking abt so, have a gif of the character from my pfp

5) Holyflare

REPRESENTING: TL Exiles

NATIONALITY: British

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 20XX

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: TL Mafia, TL Exiles (Discord)

BIO:
    On this site I have:

1) Won 100% of the games I have played as mafia.

2) Won an award for every game that I have rolled mafia in.

Please don’t be afraid!

6) JohnCarter

REPRESENTING: Neoseeker - Wrestling Clique

NATIONALITY: Australian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2010 (in person); 2015 (forum)

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: A collection

BIO:
    Let’s have some fun.

7) katze

REPRESENTING: Throne of Lies

NATIONALITY: nya

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Twenty-Nyateen

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Forum of Lies, Mafia Universe, The Syndikatze (once)

BIO:
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest
    owo what's this? nuzzles your joycats heyyyy everyone, it's me katze. im writing this bio in-between cs:go gaymes just giving you all a taste of what it means to be playing with an irl multi-tasking anime cat girl pro we gon' skrrt and hit the polidab like Wiz Khalifa sowwy :3 that was just a little taste of my copypasta prowess, you can expect to see a lot that this game O///O i-it's not like i like you or anyathing... SEE XD im so funny, i bet that was really scary, im so good at anime and copypastas that i think one day i'm gonna turn into an actual anyame character. sorry for all my nyas, i spiritually identify as a vote sleep we don't have enough information! jk rofl lol noobs alert, im just messing with you, im the cop and i have a red check. my valorant game just loaded up so i have to go now, nyater losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity (in the future)
    katze just isn't a wolf this game. i don't think she's capable of doing what she's doing this game as a wolf. she's untouchable, she's solvey, and she's a queen. i think the plausibility of a wolf actually reaching the thread status that she has in this game is incredibly low, and i think it's telling that the most likely reason the wolves haven't contested katze being a villager is the fact that they can't really approach her comfortably. sure, i suppose she has also been somewhat on the wshe should almost certainly be the first vt to die, and if she isn't, maybe you can reconsider at that point. however, katze is just a villager. she just is
    Quote Originally Posted by voth
    Katze appears to be a massive liability
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe
    ok
    Quote Originally Posted by someone, probably
    Quote Originally Posted by katze
    katze

3. ISO #3
    Community
    MiniMafia

8) Pilica

REPRESENTING: Wolfia Discord

NATIONALITY: Swiss (actually each a quarter Swiss, Liechtenstein, Italian and Austrian)

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2006 (3rd grade, Werewolf game), 2011 (Forum)

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: ToS, Discord (Wolfia),Sweet Amoris, Eldarya, MU, FoM

BIO:

Quote Originally Posted by Gir (#5256)
    P-posting cutesy danganronpa gifs ain't gonna make me TR you more! Baka!
    I'm not one who often does isos or big big analysises, if I don't have to. I'm more going after feelings and things that stick out to me. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. As a not native speaker I sometimes misunderstand things so talk with me to clear things up. I am always wolfy no matter my alignment and am more often mislimed than rightfully eliminated, so flip me to find out XD Look forward for gifs to encapture my reactions and some joking around.

9) Soneji

REPRESENTING: Naruto Forums

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2012

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Naruto Forums, The Syndicate, Mafia Universe, Millennium Forums

BIO:
    In the land of Naruto Forums, where they call me WPK, the most feared move in the land is the "WPKO OUTTA NOWHERE!". It might be a multiquote wall that sends the wolves fleeing to their den, tails tucked between their legs, or a mechanical outplay that leaves the town in disarray. The only guaran-

10) The Sun Fan

REPRESENTING: Zelda Dungeon

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Flashflashrevolution, DailyMafia, Super Mafia All-Stars, LastLifeForums, ZeldaDungeon, Bulbagarden, 2+2, MafiaUniverse, FFYA

BIO:

Have you ever looked directly at The Sun without looking away? I hope not, because it will literally burn your corneas, leaving you permanently blind, wallowing in the pitiful darkness that is now your life. You were a fool to ever think you could look at The Sun face to face.

Don't let Sun fool you, he is truly, undoubtedly, 100% Canadian. He was the personal assistant of Prime Minister Tim Horton one time long ago.

I used to think I was pretty good at mafia. Then I met the sun fan. Now I think I'm pretty good at mafia.

“Before the beginning of the year, at the end of the month which is called after Kronos, we celebrate in honour of Helios the most splendid games, and we dedicate the festival to the Invincible Sun.” - Emperor Julian

hi im lg and they're making me add stuff to this

-Provided by ZeldaDungeon Mafia Players

11) Thunal33

REPRESENTING: Mafia Cafe (formerly PerC)

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Personality Cafe/Mafia Cafe, Mafia Universe, The Syndicate, Mafia.gg, Forum of Lies, MiniMafia, Mafia451

BIO:

haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii my name is Thunal33 XD (33 becuz its my favorite RANDUM number). i like playing video mafia and forum mafia, all kind of mafias, watch out bois, this gamer girl is on the loose! rawr x3 <---- thats a little joke cuz my icon is a cat. speaking of cats, my home site is personality CATfe. xD see i did it again!!!! my personality is intp or entp, i cant decide cuz im always changing my mind. anyways, i gotta go post now in my mafia game, see u guise later

-Bio provided by anne

12) Vandyfans402

REPRESENTING: MiniMafia

NATIONALITY: Untied States

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MiniMafia, DailyMafia, Super Mafia All Stars

BIO:An almost exclusively Video mafia player, I’m hoping not to let Video players down. Best known for stacking a vigi shot with the mafia night KP 3 times.... in the same game. So, let’s hope I roll VT

13) vanity.

REPRESENTING: Mafia Universe

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): early 2010's

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:
    Pokemon Online, EpicMafia, Mafia.gg, DailyMafia, MiniMafia, Super Mafia All-Stars, MafiaUniverse, The Syndicate

BIO:
    3 facts:
    1) im gay
    2) trans rights are human rights
    3) i’m good at mafia. maybe. probably not. but good enough to be here i suppose!

>w<

14) Wiml

REPRESENTING: CivFanatics

NATIONALITY: English

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020 (Discord), 2021 (forums).

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Civ Fanatics Center, Mafia Universe, Wintreath, Zelda Dungeon, Discord.

BIO:
    A good turtle who you should trust.

15) Wisdom

REPRESENTING: Maffia Sverige

NATIONALITY: Sweden

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2005

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Maffia Sverige (IRL and video), Mafia Universe, Town of Salem (the game), Throne of Lies (forum), The Syndicate (video and forum), DarkSide, MiniMafia, Daily Mafia.

BIO:
    Before joining MU two years ago I had played/hosted 500+ games with the same setup every time. For that to work and still be fun you need to do shenanigans to break the meta, all the time. I'm the kind of player that does things that makes no sense (like outing the cop as VT) to anyone except my brain at the time. I'm also the kind of player who gets to be the cop in a closed (IRL) 24er with 23 wolves, without roles getting randed. That's probably what you can expect of me. I try to have fun and keep the game going, while meeting a lot of nice people. Roleflipless is kinda neat since Maffia Sverige only play flipless.

Outside of the thread I'm a teacher/writer/gamer. Got some Zelda tattoos and used to compete in Settlers of Catan. I might have my first proper novel publishing contract on its way so fingers crossed!

Let's hype and stay hyped!

4. ISO #4
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8 Finale! [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 15 Players

x2 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Roleblocker | Non-consecutive
    x9 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Motion Detector
    x1 Town Doctor | Non-consecutive
    x1 Town Vigilante | 1-Shot, Cycle 2+

Example Role PMs
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when there are no threats to Town remaining.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and there are no other evil factions remaining at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in when the Town must eliminate correctly.
    • Sleep is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@alexa
    @Boquise
    @Gorf
    @Holyflare
    @Hornet
    @JohnCarter
    @katze
    @Pilica
    @Soneji
    @The Sun Fan
    @Thunal33
    @Vandyfan402
    @vanity.
    @Wiml
    @Wisdom

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B failed.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no eliminating and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

HOW TO VOTE

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

HOW TO VOTE BY PROXY / ANONYMOUSLY

Select your vote choice and click submit using the form at the bottom of the thread.

Big Image: https://i.imgur.com/hBJ7arR.gif
    Click to load this image

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].
    HOW TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.
    HOW TO REQUEST A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

BOOKMARKS

Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.
    1. Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply right clicking on the "Bookmark" button and opening the link.

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.
    2. You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.
    2. Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

5. ISO #5
    あんた ばか Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

WARNING

The following document is classified and restricted to those with Level 4 security clearance. Non-authorized personnel attempting to access this document will be immediately terminated via memetic kill agent.

>Verifying password...

>...

>...

>Password verified. Verifying security credentials...

>...

>...

>Credentials verified. Deploying memetic kill agent...

>...

>...

>...

>Continued vital signs detected. Inoculation confirmed. Welcome, authorized personnel.

6. ISO #6
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 1 Start »
    Season 8 Finale! [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

Day 1 ends at 6:00 PM EDT on Saturday, October 9th, 2021. There are 1633816860000 remaining.

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    katze comin into the thread like

nya

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

9. ISO #9
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    Carlos
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

10. ISO #10
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    please do not insta-bucket

in fact, i actually don't want to bucket on d1 with some caveats. i'll explain why in my next post. i didn't pre-write it so i'm writing everything in real-time.

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    katze comin into the thread like

nya
    ##Vote katze

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#8)
    first!
    ##Vote Thunal33

one outted already

hype!!

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    CivFanatics
    AKA
    Legacy of Smiles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Hey all, it's a pleasure to be here and I'm hoping for a great game!

So I want to address my thoughts on bucket right off the bat: it's probably the best strategy we can do in terms of winning, I probably don't need to explain the ins and outs of why but yeah. I can't not recommend we do it in good conscience.

But yeah I accept it's pretty lame (particularly for the PRs) and I made an agreement not to strongly push for or force bucket (at least immediately) and I intend to stick to that as of the time of me writing this post.

But if someone else claims or there's reason to believe that a bucket would be very strongly +EV in the circumstances, I'll push for it.

If no bucket happens today then it's essential that some sort of D2 PR claim session happens but we can cross that bridge when it gets to it.

Oh and if for whatever reason a PR feels like they may have to claim D1, I strongly suggest just doing a delayed bucket instead of claiming your exact role (although this is a lot less ideal than a non delayed bucket and you should leave a lot of time in advance to make sure everyone can claim before EoD).

Tl;dr:
    - Optimally, we should bucket (although I intend to keep to my promise of not forcing it SoD1).
    - If we don't bucket then we 100% do some sort of D2 claiming strategy. This is still vastly inferior to just D1 bucketing but is at least more fair to the PRs.

(And to avoid any confusion like in SF2, this post was prepared before rand).

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Is katze a Poor Little Meow Meow?

At first glance, this may appear to be a problem that cannot be solved objectively. After all, how can one objectively determine, that even if katze is a Meow Meow, that they are a Poor Meow Meow? Better yet, a Little Meow Meow? Fortunately, there exists an objective and scientifically proven methodology for calculating whether or not one is a Poor Little Meow Meow.

Make no mistake. While this image may look as if it's origins are from a twitter dot com user as a "meme", it is so far from that. This image is life.

What this image fails to explain is the scoring system; if the character scores 9 points (mandatory traits = 2 points, miscellaneous traits = 1 point) then they are legally considered a Poor Little Meow Meow.

Now, let us begin.

Mandatory Traits

Tragic backstory/trait that makes them sympathetic towards the audience: After several hours of research on the subject "katze", we have determined that this is most likely the case. While the files that lead us to believe this are vague at best and are all classified, an unbiased jury agreed in a 7:2 vote that it was sufficient enough to meet the quota.

Mentally ill or can be interpreted as such: The text here in indecipherable, but the green pigment is still very apparent.

Is commonly incorrectly characterized to be weak and is "woobified": For those out of the loop, a "woobie" is "a name for any type of character who makes you feel extremely sorry for them". During an interview with katze, they said that nobody should feel sorry. The interviewer felt empathetic, but katze insisted that this not be the case. As no evidence exists that strongly confirms this, we must legally comply by their request.

With 2/3 of the mandatory traits marked off, katze may be a Poor Little Meow Meow. Further investigation is required.

Miscellaneous Traits

Commonly seen as gay by the fandom or is canonically gay: After not very much searching, an image confirming katze to be gay has surfaced. The image is attached below.

peepee poopoo

Extremely insecure, overtly or otherwise: In an interview with katze's sister, Chloe, she had the following to say about her sibling:

"wjo the jdfu ore you gt out of our houseze"
    katze was seen hiding in their room during the interview.

Cat-like/commonly associated with cats: The analysis just has a green square here. One cannot figure out why.

One of the more popular characters among the fanbase: Considered by some to be the lifeblood of their home community (Furries on LSD, or FoLfor short) and surprisingly well received in the land of Mafia Universe, katze is easily one of the more popular characters in this fanbase.

Gender non-conforming to some degree: On many occasions, katze has been shown to go by any pronouns, which fits the definition of "gender non-conforming to some degree".

Decipted (canon or fanon) drastically taller/shorter than in canon: The height of katze is unknown, and no amount of classified documentation was able to garner a consistent answer.

Grading the results above, we can see that katze just reaches the required 9 point threshold to be considered a Poor Little Meow Meow.

Thank you for reading. I hope that after reading this, you treat katze with the respect they deserve and with the care they need, as being a Poor Little Meow Meow is a stressful life.

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    first!
    ##Vote Thunal33

one outted already

hype!!
    Points for kat town: your entrance was cool
    Points for kat wolf: you stole my first

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    CivFanatics
    AKA
    Legacy of Smiles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

in fact, i actually don't want to bucket on d1 with some caveats. i'll explain why in my next post. i didn't pre-write it so i'm writing everything in real-time.
    As per my promise, I'm not going to and support we at least discuss stuff.

Although if somebody else did it then I'd "unfortunately" have to go along with it so

18. ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I am 99.9% sure that the Alexa slot is a villager. I am one of the best Alexa readers on this site, and I have a far more nuanced understanding of how she approaches games as town and mafia than most players here.

Alexa is polarized - her modus operandi as a wolf is to freeze and not post, and then hope to skate by on the idea that 'she'd actually post if she was wolf'. Her reaction to people posting was the exact opposite of this. When other people started posting, Alexa did not freeze up - she focused on posting, and her post count alone is why she's a villager.

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia, MiniMafia, SMAS
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gonna have to harness the fact that there are two Vandyfans. Not quite sure how I didn't notice that before

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#10)

Although if somebody else did it then I'd "unfortunately" have to go along with it so
    This is my stance too.

21. ISO #21
    Community
    mafiamaniac
  22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#19)
    Gonna have to harness the fact that there are two Vandyfans. Not quite sure how I didn't notice that before
    what are the odds that all 2 of Vanderbilt's fans ended up in the same game?

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    CivFanatics
    AKA
    Legacy of Smiles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Boquise your SilverKeith video was touching and the last screenshot made me spit out my tea lol.

24. ISO #24
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Is katze a Poor Little Meow Meow?

At first glance, this may appear to be a problem that cannot be solved objectively. After all, how can one objectively determine, that even if katze is a Meow Meow, that they are a Poor Meow Meow? Better yet, a Little Meow Meow? Fortunately, there exists an objective and scientifically proven methodology for calculating whether or not one is a Poor Little Meow Meow.

Make no mistake. While this image may look as if it's origins are from a twitter dot com user as a "meme", it is so far from that. This image is life.

What this image fails to explain is the scoring system; if the character scores 9 points (mandatory traits = 2 points, miscellaneous traits = 1 point) then they are legally considered a Poor Little Meow Meow.

Now, let us begin.

Mandatory Traits

Tragic backstory/trait that makes them sympathetic towards the audience: After several hours of research on the subject "katze", we have determined that this is most likely the case. While the files that lead us to believe this are vague at best and are all classified, an unbiased jury agreed in a 7:2 vote that it was sufficient enough to meet the quota.

Mentally ill or can be interpreted as such: The text here in indecipherable, but the green pigment is still very apparent.

Is commonly incorrectly characterized to be weak and is "woobified": For those out of the loop, a "woobie" is "a name for any type of character who makes you feel extremely sorry for them". During an interview with katze, they said that nobody should feel sorry. The interviewer felt empathetic, but katze insisted that this not be the case. As no evidence exists that strongly confirms this, we must legally comply by their request.

With 2/3 of the mandatory traits marked off, katze may be a Poor Little Meow Meow. Further investigation is required.

Miscellaneous Traits

Commonly seen as gay by the fandom or is canonically gay: After not very much searching, an image confirming katze to be gay has surfaced. The image is attached below.

peepee poopoo

Extremely insecure, overtly or otherwise: In an interview with katze's sister, Chloe, she had the following to say about her sibling:

"wjo the jdfu ore you gt out of our houseze"
    katze was seen hiding in their room during the interview.

Cat-like/commonly associated with cats: The analysis just has a green square here. One cannot figure out why.

One of the more popular characters among the fanbase: Considered by some to be the lifeblood of their home community (Furries on LSD, or FoLfor short) and surprisingly well received in the land of Mafia Universe, katze is easily one of the more popular characters in this fanbase.

Gender non-conforming to some degree: On many occasions, katze has been shown to go by any pronouns, which fits the definition of "gender non-conforming to some degree".

Decipted (canon or fanon) drastically taller/shorter than in canon: The height of katze is unknown, and no amount of classified documentation was able to garner a consistent answer.

Grading the results above, we can see that katze just reaches the required 9 point threshold to be considered a Poor Little Meow Meow.

Thank you for reading. I hope that after reading this, you treat katze with the respect they deserve and with the care they need, as being a Poor Little Meow Meow is a stressful life.
    I see that you are going strong at the meme overlord title tbh

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#22)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#19)
    what are the odds that all 2 of Vanderbilt's fans ended up in the same game?
    Right in the heart.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#16)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#13)
    first!
    ##Vote Thunal33

one outted already

hype!!
    points for thunal town: math
    points for thunal wolf: meth

Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#17)

27. ISO #27
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Boquise your SilverKeith video was touching and the last screenshot made me spit out my tea lol.
    thank you tbh i am very proud tbvh

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    CivFanatics
    AKA
    Legacy of Smiles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

##Vote Vandyfan402
    ##Vote vanity.

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    https://animoto.com/play/EIEEvoO40zQ8urmaQjCB2A

ok wtf idk how to get this to show up from the site

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    And this is obligatory

##Vote Vandyfan402
    ##Vote vanity.
    Get dunked on Vanity. It ended up on you

31. ISO #31
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    as per bios i have already won and since i am town it means town has won tbh

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself

In previous games I've been telling people to stay hydrated, but since this is a serious (™) game I need to teach you all how get hydrated.

Why is hydration important?
    - It helps your sleep, and YES, you actually need to sleep properly during this game!
    - It makes your brain work properly, so that we can solve the game and actually bring me my first win in a Champs game!
    - It keeps your body healthy, so that your body won't get as stiff (I mean, most of you won't be very physically active during the game, don't lie).
    - It keeps your body warmer! And a warm body won't drink as much tea and coffee, more on that later!
    - It keeps your mood up, and we all want a fun game free from toxicity, right?!

So, when I'm in a toxic deathtunnel and suffering from sleep deprivation during d4, you say, "Wisdom, go drink some darn water!".

How to get hydrated?
    I know what you're thinking: "Well, I just need to drink a huge bucket of coca cola and TADAH I'm a master at hydration!"
    Actually, it's not that easy. Here's a few tips!
    - Drink something that's not sugary. Sugar makes the body sad.
    - Drink often rather than a lot on rare occasions. Keep a water bottle next to your computer or phone or.
    - Drink before you get thirsty. Thirst is a sign that you're already dehydrated.
    - If you drink something with caffeine, compensate with a glass of water. Caffeine will dehydrate your body, and that's ANTI-TOWN! (In the long run this pretty much means you should kill all coffee-drinkers (KACD), as if the coffee tell wasn't enough)

What makes you dehydrated
    Here are some things to watch out for and to help you make sure you drink enough. If you do any of these, make sure to drink a lot and also eat something salty.
    - Caffeine (KACD).
    - Sleeping
    - Massage
    - Body contact
    - Exercising
    - Tunnels
    - Buckets

Signs that you're dehydrated
    - Your pee is black as death
    - Your non-existing tears are black as death
    - Headache
    - Struggling with focus
    - Craving sweets
    - Easily irritated
    - You think the bucket strat is a good idea
    - You think there's a chance I might be wolfing

[B]So[B], with that said! Good luck and have fun everyone! Get hydrated, stay hydrated, get hyped and stay hyped, in that order!!!

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Also, we should absolutely bucket today. It's significantly more effective

34. ISO #34
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    okay, so my basic evaluation of the bucket is essentially that it is only really as effective as the poe that the village comes up with.

the poe doesn't necessarily change with the pr's being outed, since they're already incapable of being misdefenestrated anyways depending on the context. sure, fakeclaims can occur if the bucket doesn't occur, but at this level we should be more than capable of being able to evaluating claims as we get to them.

sf3 is basically a classic example of the wolves being able to stay out of the poe and being able to win as a result. if sf3 isn't a showcase of how the bucket isn't infallible, i don't know what is. and it's not an anomaly. the setup being different doesn't change that game, and even though that village had numerous problems, it was more of a wolf win than a village loss.

there are some ideas i'm open to. if a pr ever needs to out for whatever reason (i.e. eod shenanigans or what have you) then i do think at that point, all of the pr's should out. i think it just makes mechanical sense to do so. i also said this in sf3, but i'm also down for the idea of the vig and md claiming blanket pr's, and the doc hiding. i do like variation in these games so they don't homogenize, but i also think it's a valid strategy and it forces to the wolves to make a choice between who they roleblock, and if they even kill within the pr claims.

also something about less nka with bucket but i want to move on to realtime posts instead of speculating mech. you can talk about how valuable nka actually is but i'm not here to debate that.

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#32)
    Hydration

In previous games I've been telling people to stay hydrated, but since this is a serious (™) game I need to teach you all how get hydrated.

- It helps your sleep, and YES, you actually need to sleep properly during this game!
    - It makes your brain work properly, so that we can solve the game and actually bring me my first win in a Champs game!
    - It keeps your body healthy, so that your body won't get as stiff (I mean, most of you won't be very physically active during the game, don't lie).
    - It keeps your body warmer! And a warm body won't drink as much tea and coffee, more on that later!

So, when I'm in a toxic deathtunnel and suffering from sleep deprivation during d4, you say, "Wisdom, go drink some darn water!".

How to get hydrated?
    I know what you're thinking: "Well, I just need to drink a huge bucket of coca cola and TADAH I'm a master at hydration!"
    - Drink often rather than a lot on rare occasions. Keep a water bottle next to your computer or phone or.
    - Drink before you get thirsty. Thirst is a sign that you're already dehydrated.
    - If you drink something with caffeine, compensate with a glass of water. Caffeine will dehydrate your body, and that's ANTI-TOWN! (In the long run this pretty much means you should kill all coffee-drinkers (KACD), as if the coffee tell wasn't enough)

Here are some things to watch out for and to help you make sure you drink enough. If you do any of these, make sure to drink a lot and also eat something salty.
    - Caffeine (KACD).
    - Sleeping
    - Massage
    - Body contact
    - Exercising
    - Tunnels
    - Buckets

- Headache
    - Struggling with focus
    - Craving sweets
    - Easily irritated

[B]So[B], with that said! Good luck and have fun everyone! Get hydrated, stay hydrated, get hyped and stay hyped, in that order!!!
    opening with a prewritten copypasta is wolfy

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#16)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#13)
    first!
    ##Vote Thunal33

one outted already

hype!!
    points for thunal town: math
    points for thunal wolf: meth

Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#17)

I didn't do any math yet!

actually i did a little pregame but you don't know that

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

hi

my name is Greg, TSF, The Sun Fan, etc

I have school from 3:30-~7 PM EST on Mondays, usually have something to do each Wednesday afternoon (including the next two), and I have an online test that opens and closes tomorrow than I need to do.

I wake up hella late, I go for a 20ish minute walk most afternoons, and aside from that, I will spend most hours of the day phases in the thread, reading, making posts that I think are funny that maybe not too many other people will.

I wish none of you luck

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    It's hard to wait for this game to be started. Wiml talked about doing meta research on everyone, for once I believe that's kind of a waste of time, because if there's any game players will spice their meta to be difficult to catch as wolves it's this one. Wolves knows who they need to be read as town by to make it through, and how to accomplish that. Pocketing isn't to sugar someone, it's to make sure they think one wouldn't do a certain play as wolf.

My goal this game is to be as obviously town as humanly possible, and play actively anti-wolf, even though work will keep me from thread at times. And well, I planned to go back to my bussing meta since pretty much no one here is familiar with it, but I'll still try to vote wolves >:3 And of course, to ensure that everyone has a good time.

Anyway, here's my current thoughts on all the players, based on nothing but gut and memory.

Alexa

A high poster, and one I haven't seen wolf in real time. I think last time we played was Pokémon Light earlier this year where I struggled to stop tinfoiling her based on her town read on Illario and she struggled to stop tinfoiling me based on my cop cover. I've found her as town in a few occasions based on her emotional outbursts but I honestly hope nothing pushes her this hard here since… Well, I think those pushes have been unfounded and cruel and unfair.

Boquise

Tbh tbh. We played the same light game Alexa was in and I couldn't read him until he claimed cop, and he couldn't read me even when I dropped cop cover. So, eh, I'm probably not going to focus on him too much in the beginning.

Gorf

I found him early in SF2 from spec chat, but I don't remember why. Here's hoping I can find him again.

Considering he's one of the few who got misyeeted in semis, I believe he's a target for wolves this game if he's towning. I'll try to keep that in mind.

His cat is cute though.

Holyflare

I was kinda surprised by how well I read him d1 in sf3, and I acknowledge that me not wolf reading him from spec chat was based on how salty I knew I was gonna be if he actually flipped wolf.

Then he flipped wolf. And I wasn't salty. I have an idea on how to read him but tbh reading through Levi's, Vans and Justin's thoughts on his wolf game will be more accurate than anything I could provide right now.

Hornet

We… have played? A little mash, a little turbo, but I don't have a firm grip of him actually.

Actually, he was also in the said Pokémon Light (https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/30378 seriously 5 of us played that game lol).

I remember Hornet being obv!town during his last EoD but it was too late to save him. Probably a good idea to put some pressure here early on.

Katze

I have no idea (: similar to JC. Mostly mashes.

JohnCarter

Hmm we haven't played much and I tend to mix him up with SR so… Well, it's gonna be hype to read someone without meta knowledge!

Pilica

I'm very hyped to play with Pilica! I also can't trust my early reads on him for shiz. Or spew, for that matter. But spec chat will tunnel them so maybe I'll just join in on that ^^

Soneji

Time to see if I can manage to interact with this boi in real time!

Thunal33

I… Actually don't remember playing with Thunal much outside of mashes and turbos. I know she's not afraid to bus but that's pretty much it.

TSF

Pocketed me during SF3 without really doing anything. He did a few minor things that pinged me, but I ignored that for ??? Reasons. At least I have something to look for now, but I wouldn't say I have confidence in reading him.

Vandyfan402

Very much looking forward to playing with this fella. Played with him in pre-champs and a few games in video. I honestly don't know what to expect from him here but it's gonna be hype to find out!

Vanity.

Well maybe I can find her. I have a few ways to do so, even though her is huge. I think she might be the one fearing me the most if she's wolfing.

Wiml

In all honesty, I think I've seen Wiml obv!town enough times now to find him wolfing. I just hope he's town and lives long enough to do his magic.

39. ISO #39
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    also please call me vanity or vanessa or nessa or something, i don't want people confusing me for vandy.

i actually feel pretty decent about being able to townclear people but more stuff needs to funnel into the thread for me be able to make reads to do that.

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    CivFanatics
    AKA
    Legacy of Smiles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#33)
    Going to call this mildly villagery given that this post is unnecessary and iirc the first thing Vandy said after he got outed in sf2 was "$%#! bucket" and say it was broken to wolf against.

Vandy, you've pocketed me again lmao.

41. ISO #41
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    Carlos
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I have little to say on bucket, don't really mind on process taken there.

I was contemplating earlier what a good ice-breaker for us would be. I really liked the one Katze used in SF2 - what people learnt from their previous town/wolf games. So let's build on that.

What do you think we can do - based on what you've learnt from the the semi-finals 1, 2 & 3- to ensure we have a strong early, mid, and late game for town?

SF1 certainly had a very strong D1, what was the secret sauce for that?

42. ISO #42
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Hydration

How to get hydrated?

- Caffeine (KACD).
    - Sleeping
    - Massage
    - Body contact
    - Exercising
    - Tunnels
    - Buckets

- Headache
    - Struggling with focus
    - Craving sweets
    - Easily irritated

i drink alcohol is that hydrated tbh

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Why the actual $%#! did I start reading Wisdom's hydration wall like it was gonna help me solve her

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    cue 10 million posts debating bucket strategy

imo it's up to the PRs

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#34)
    okay, so my basic evaluation of the bucket is essentially that it is only really as effective as the poe that the village comes up with.

the poe doesn't necessarily change with the pr's being outed, since they're already incapable of being misdefenestrated anyways depending on the context. sure, fakeclaims can occur if the bucket doesn't occur, but at this level we should be more than capable of being able to evaluating claims as we get to them.

sf3 is basically a classic example of the wolves being able to stay out of the poe and being able to win as a result. if sf3 isn't a showcase of how the bucket isn't infallible, i don't know what is. and it's not an anomaly. the setup being different doesn't change that game, and even though that village had numerous problems, it was more of a wolf win than a village loss.

there are some ideas i'm open to. if a pr ever needs to out for whatever reason (i.e. eod shenanigans or what have you) then i do think at that point, all of the pr's should out. i think it just makes mechanical sense to do so. i also said this in sf3, but i'm also down for the idea of the vig and md claiming blanket pr's, and the doc hiding. i do like variation in these games so they don't homogenize, but i also think it's a valid strategy and it forces to the wolves to make a choice between who they roleblock, and if they even kill within the pr claims.

also something about less nka with bucket but i want to move on to realtime posts instead of speculating mech. you can talk about how valuable nka actually is but i'm not here to debate that.
    vanity be honest did you plan out a pro-bucket post if you randed V and an anti-bucket post if you randed W

if you say yes i'll turn a blind eye but i'm kinda just waiting for the inevitable bucketing and i don't think you're gonna stop me tbh

46. ISO #46
    Community
    mafiamaniac

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns

48. ISO #48
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    cue 10 million posts debating bucket strategy

imo it's up to the PRs
    Hear hear tbh

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Going to call this mildly villagery given that this post is unnecessary and iirc the first thing Vandy said after he got outed in sf2 was "$%#! bucket" and say it was broken to wolf against.

of course $%#! the bucket. I hate it and will never forgive it. But I want to win, and it's crazy townsided

50. ISO #50
    Community
    mafiamaniac

bookmarking this as "potentially w/w" for the sick post game cred after being demolished in a F7 tbh