Page 53 of 219 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 10926

Thread: Season 8, Finale! Secure Championship Procedure [The Mafia Championship]

View Game in Database
  1. ISO #2601
    Special Agent tbh Boquise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22,127
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#50)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#40)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#33)
    Also, we should absolutely bucket today. It's significantly more effective
    Going to call this mildly villagery given that this post is unnecessary and iirc the first thing Vandy said after he got outed in sf2 was "$%#! bucket" and say it was broken to wolf against.

    Vandy, you've pocketed me again lmao.
    bookmarking this as "potentially w/w" for the sick post game cred after being demolished in a F7 tbh

  2. ISO #2602
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    @Vandyfan402 - sorry you had to rand wolf again in finale, you did really well day one and had a lot of people fooled for awhile omg

    @Wisdom it was awesome playing with you, taking the N1 is an honor even if you wanted to play, great job

  3. ISO #2603
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    17,170
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    @Boquise i’m so sorry. i think you’re a villager.

    @alexa i’m so sorry. i think you’re a villager.

    will start posting in a moment.

  4. ISO #2604
    Wants It More Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,265
    Community
    TL Exiles
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2599)
    i was prepared to open the day phase up with like 4 wallposts but i underestimated how much effort it was to write them

    not done yet, but i think it looks really bad for thunal
    Lol me

  5. ISO #2605
    Special Agent tbh Boquise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22,127
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Gender
    ##Vote The Sun Fan

    hello woof tbh

  6. ISO #2606
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    also i've reset a couple of my reads, i have some wall stuff give me a minute

  7. ISO #2607
    GOAT Tier The Sun Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Carrollton, GA
    Posts
    11,369
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    hi
    life is suffering, or at least mafia is

    hf/hornet locked town

    alexa's process into voting vandy early looks good, not great

    I think gorf has some good-ish looking posts where he was clearly resistant to the vandy townreads people were getting early, but its not locked

    I think the game lies in people who were not around when vandy became a runaway, I've done very little work during the night into figuring out who that is, but I think that's where the game is

    I know I'm dead at some point
    I know I deserve to be, at least

  8. ISO #2608
    GOAT Tier Thunal33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    11,175
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I took a break for most of the phase but I looked at a couple people overnight. Wiml I was initially suspicious of for the self vote and townreading Vandy early but I looked into his progression on Vandy and I think he's town for it because it looks really natural how he townread Vandy first, was unable to clear him while he was able to clear others, and Vandy fell into his PoE because of it.

    @Wiml was the self vote tactical? did it have some objective other than you expressing emotion?

  9. ISO #2609
    Special Agent tbh Boquise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22,127
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Gender
    Gorf is pretty much lock town for me tbh

  10. ISO #2610
    Galaxy Brain JohnCarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    20,432
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    Carlos
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2157)
    I must say reaching out to Vandy didn't give me as cold feet as reaching out to Levi did in SF3. Maybe that's a sign he's wolfing, I dunno. Most of all I can't really find much alternatives right now.

    PoE is [Alexa, Thunal, TSF, Vandy, Wiml, maybe Gorf] and I can't really see myself starting a push for someone else right now.
    Wisdom legacy.

    I think Alexa, thunal and Wiml are villagers at the moment too.

    I came to a solve of Boq/Gorf [with the goal of solidifying Pilica/Soneji/TSF so that if this is solve is wrong, they aren't the default go to's for little to no reason.]

  11. ISO #2611
    Wants It More Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,265
    Community
    TL Exiles
    Gender
    Alexa also looked good eod is true

  12. ISO #2612
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,397
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    ggs @Wisdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#2598)
    Lol jokes on you if you thought I'd actually put in work at night.

    Gg Wisdom

    ##Vote The Sun Fan

    Thunal probably still town. Did actually reread eod.
    eh. talk to me on thunal? my current take is that TSF is... probably not partnered with vandy, actually?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#2601)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#50)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#40)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#33)
    Also, we should absolutely bucket today. It's significantly more effective
    Going to call this mildly villagery given that this post is unnecessary and iirc the first thing Vandy said after he got outed in sf2 was "$%#! bucket" and say it was broken to wolf against.

    Vandy, you've pocketed me again lmao.
    bookmarking this as "potentially w/w" for the sick post game cred after being demolished in a F7 tbh
    don't think wiml is a wolf either

    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#2603)
    @Boquise i’m so sorry. i think you’re a villager.

    @alexa i’m so sorry. i think you’re a villager.

    will start posting in a moment.
    agree with both




    my strongest read overnight is that thunal just looks really really bad from her treatment of vandy and vandys treatment of her

    ##Vote Thunal33

  13. ISO #2613
    Wants It More Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,265
    Community
    TL Exiles
    Gender
    Well most game really.

  14. ISO #2614
    Soul Reader Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,049
    Community
    Smashboards
    Gender
    read nothing overNight. rn im thinking second verse same as the first and that yeeting sunfan is gonna be a hit

  15. ISO #2615
    Galaxy Brain JohnCarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    20,432
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    Carlos
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#2603)

    @alexa i’m so sorry. i think you’re a villager.
    I agree here.

  16. ISO #2616
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,397
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    $%#! i wanna keep realtiming but i wanna finish my analysis

    uhh

    uhhhhhh

    okay guys don't hammer in the first hour of the day ill be back in a bit

  17. ISO #2617
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    17,170
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    no hammer on my watch.

  18. ISO #2618
    GOAT Tier The Sun Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Carrollton, GA
    Posts
    11,369
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    0 people who are wolves tried to prevent the vandy wagon unless wiml is a wolf and voted himself so

    I know village is going to crush

    this will matter a lot more if you know that I'm town but that's like
    almost the entire game right there

  19. ISO #2619
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    @Thunal33 please explain P#2053

    this feels like you're intentionally opening up the POE and i hate it every time i read it so much

  20. ISO #2620
    Wants It More Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    5,035
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#2610)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2157)
    I must say reaching out to Vandy didn't give me as cold feet as reaching out to Levi did in SF3. Maybe that's a sign he's wolfing, I dunno. Most of all I can't really find much alternatives right now.

    PoE is [Alexa, Thunal, TSF, Vandy, Wiml, maybe Gorf] and I can't really see myself starting a push for someone else right now.
    Wisdom legacy.

    I think Alexa, thunal and Wiml are villagers at the moment too.

    I came to a solve of Boq/Gorf [with the goal of solidifying Pilica/Soneji/TSF so that if this is solve is wrong, they aren't the default go to's for little to no reason.]
    why boq and gorf in particular? boq is one i need to go back over but i thought gorfs eod was ~devemtly villagery?

    also, @The Sun Fan wrt the tging abt people who werent ard when vandy became runaway - who do you suspect and why from there?

  21. ISO #2621
    Wants It More Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,265
    Community
    TL Exiles
    Gender
    Look you just gotta believe when I'm plugged into the matrix I transcend the thread. Dunno what it is tbh but it's like a mini high.

    Katze chat in sec just busy feeling good.

  22. ISO #2622
    Soul Reader Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,049
    Community
    Smashboards
    Gender
    im basically at thunal/tsf/wiml/pilia rn

  23. ISO #2623
    GOAT Tier The Sun Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Carrollton, GA
    Posts
    11,369
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2612)



    my strongest read overnight is that thunal just looks really really bad from her treatment of vandy and vandys treatment of her

    ##Vote Thunal33
    her vote on vandy felt resigned to me, but I kind of struggled because she voted a bit too early for me to think she should be resigned to busing?

    I haven't looked at vandy's treatment of her yet, can you talk about that?

  24. ISO #2624
    Soul Reader Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,049
    Community
    Smashboards
    Gender
    jc fpsing till proven otherwise

  25. ISO #2625
    Special Agent tbh Boquise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22,127
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#2610)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2157)
    I must say reaching out to Vandy didn't give me as cold feet as reaching out to Levi did in SF3. Maybe that's a sign he's wolfing, I dunno. Most of all I can't really find much alternatives right now.

    PoE is [Alexa, Thunal, TSF, Vandy, Wiml, maybe Gorf] and I can't really see myself starting a push for someone else right now.
    Wisdom legacy.

    I think Alexa, thunal and Wiml are villagers at the moment too.

    I came to a solve of Boq/Gorf [with the goal of solidifying Pilica/Soneji/TSF so that if this is solve is wrong, they aren't the default go to's for little to no reason.]

  26. ISO #2626
    GOAT Tier The Sun Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Carrollton, GA
    Posts
    11,369
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#2622)
    im basically at thunal/tsf/wiml/pilia rn
    this is more at the thread than at you specifically
    people are clearing soneji for what have to be horrible reasons if he's not in a POE

  27. ISO #2627
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,397
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2623)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2612)



    my strongest read overnight is that thunal just looks really really bad from her treatment of vandy and vandys treatment of her

    ##Vote Thunal33
    her vote on vandy felt resigned to me, but I kind of struggled because she voted a bit too early for me to think she should be resigned to busing?

    I haven't looked at vandy's treatment of her yet, can you talk about that?
    yeah i'm done with that part of my post, so ill just paste it here for now



    How did Vandyfan402 treat Thunal33?

    P#253 - i don’t really have anything to say but i saw the next post and thought it was his first interaction with thunal but this actually is instead
    P#432 - but irked that it’s his second real mention of thunal at all and she’s one of his two townreads
    P#449/P#453 - takes a thunal read on TSF and is like “make it double”, my brain mrred and prred at what this means for thunal but i am pretty confident that vandy isn’t w/w/w with both thunal/TSF here
    P#1157 - calls thunal very townie but singles her out for townreading him for bad reasons, despite these reasons being not uncommon for reading him, i’m very concerned as to why vandy seems extra aware as to how specifically thunal is reading him
    P#1164/P#1165 - further shades thunals read on him
    P#1212 - i think specifically comparing thunals read on him to his read on a villager in his semis game is a decent look for thunal
    P#1240 - but thunal being his top non-PR claim townread at this point is absolutely baffling?
    P#1501 - defends thunal read to JC, feels bad
    P#2178 - objectively incorrect $%#! about thunal here i almost want to call unpartnered just by the absurdity of the read but like… what

    Conclusion: i have fairly strong concerns with how vandy treated thunal.

  28. ISO #2628
    Wants It More Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    5,035
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2626)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#2622)
    im basically at thunal/tsf/wiml/pilia rn
    this is more at the thread than at you specifically
    people are clearing soneji for what have to be horrible reasons if he's not in a POE
    why do you think the clears on soneji are wrong?

  29. ISO #2629
    GOAT Tier Thunal33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    11,175
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    @JohnCarter I'm challenging you to find me town. I know you in particular can easily figure out that this isn't how I approach a partner as a wolf and this just isn't how I play as wolf. Instead of just being paranoid of me, actually look at my Raven game and see that I'm still playing fundamentally differently. My quality of posts and tone might change over a few months since g7 but my philosophy and core approach won't.

    You saw me in wolf chat. You and others know what my overarching strategy every single time I wolf is: break up the solve. Make people swear I'm never partnered with my partners. I challenge people to find a single wolf game where I didn't try to do that.

  30. ISO #2630
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    vandy spew stuff


    Some notes on how Vandy treats partners from Pokemon Mash/SF2 - generally will townread them if they’re being townread but not out of the blue - can sometimes specifically focus on them a fair but (such as with celtic in SF2), not a huge busser

    Hornet therefore comes off looking really good. HF is also just hard town for starting the initial push on Vandy anyway.

    P#148 feels like a decent-ish look for Wiml - Vandy is trying to discredit Wiml right away
    P#208 also feels unpartnered with Boq (in addition to how Boq acted in response)
    P#411 is kinda meh for TSF. I mentioned this before, but it’s like the type of TMI read that could make Vandy/TSF W/W, because Vandy is townreading me for voting TSF, even though realistically a vote shouldn’t say anything about my alignment without knowing TSF’s.
    P#449 is a decent look for TSF though, feels pockety
    P#1157 is kinda weird that Vandy specifically points out that Thunal’s read on him was weird when multiple people made the read that Vandy was towny for his approach to buckets, so a (-) point against Thunal, and P#1159 is kinda flailing his way out of it - then it’s weird Vandy still sticks Thunal top of reads in P#1240
    P#1161 is kind of iffy for Soneji, the read is kind of both specific and not thought-out, like I’m not really following the logic in it but it’s almost like he’s forcing himself to come to a conclusion (but notably, it’s definitely not Soneji/Wiml pair from this)
    P#1199 just straight up spewing Hornet town
    P#1240 Vandy builds worlds/accepts katze as a confirmed villager at this point which I think is a good look for katze
    P#1267 is probably enough to negate the earlier potential TMI bit between TSF/Vandy, because Vandy calls my progression on TSF good when i end up townreading TSF.
    P#1334 is interesting. First thought is just that it means there’s not scum there, but it also could be TMI so i guess it just winds into null. More posting this to see what other people think or if it could indicate anything.
    P#1501 could definitely be partnered with Soneji, the way he defends him here is kinda awkward
    P#1529 + for Hornet

    At this point i’d kinda regard Vandy as moving more into anti-spew and treat his posts less seriously.

    Looks good from Vandy spew: HF, Hornet, Wiml, katze(?), TSF(?)
    Looks worse from Vandy spew: Soneji, Thunal



    how people treated vandy

    How I’d expect wolves to treat Vandy: Kinda depends if Vandy is RBer or not, assuming now I would expect them to kind of go with thread temperature - which would mean switching/shifting into a bus when the thread temperature after vanity/Wisdom cleared themselves but townreading him early. If he’s RB i would expect more protection, but going to assume the former is the scenario.

    Hornet:
    P#1308 is really side-eyeing Vandy. P#1315 votes him. P#1316 emotional about it, feels like Vandy is ignoring his solving to nitpick and misrepresent him. P#1322 getting generally very frustrated over that, probes me P#1326 on what I think about Vandy misrepping him. P#1352 Vandy is his main confident scumspect. P#2278 expresses some concerns on stagnant wagon. P#2487 thinks Vandy is a wolf but EOD is making him nervous.

    Conclusion: Hornet pushed on Vandy from early after I pretty intense emotional exchange and still tried to engage with him and expressed doubt EOD in a way that showed a clear lack of TMI. Hornet is extremely unlikely to be partnered/to have bussed Vandy.

    HF:
    P#390 first vote on Vandy. P#496 explains Vandy read and how he finds Vandy different from quals. I give HF points for really shifting the momentum against Vandy. P#1151 wants Thunal to rethink her Vandy townread. P#1209 presents him with some really probing questions that look like he’s trying to engage/solve him. P#1229 moved Vandy above TSF and Wiml. P#1348 still dislikes Vandy’s this is outing comment however. P#1362 starts to go into some Vandy meta. P#1641 still trying to engage with Vandy. P#1820 still probing Vandy. P#2231 still finding Vandy’s reads wolfy.

    Conclusion: HF started the push against Vandy and still represented a very consistent desire to engage with Vandy, read was not stagnant at all, HF is very unlikely to have bussed Vandy.

    TSF:
    P#63 is almost positive Vandy is town. P#79 reiterates it, says he’s unlikely to change his Vandy read today. Continues to defend Vandy as the momentum shifts against him slightly, P#561. P#1058 is going to dive into Vandy’s SF game, and wants people to sheep his read on Vandy based on what he comes out with. P#1116 ends up saying he still thinks Vandy is town but is not as certain as he thought after reading Vandy’s semis game. (I think this in general is a very villagery approach to Vandy and looks like he’s actually trying to solve Vandy’s alignment). P#1139 still thinks Vandy’s town, isn’t going to change his mind. But P#1436 does call something about the way Vandy talks as slightly wolfy. P#1457 still has Vandy high in his reads however. P#1733 still strongly townreading Vandy. P#2587 “Vandy please be a villager.”

    Conclusion: TSF’s treatment of Vandy is decent. He pretty consistently has him as town, but seems to at least minorly re-val Vandy at some point. I think as a wolf he doesn’t really have a need to defend Vandy the way he did, but I wouldn’t completely outrule that he takes the approach to show internal consistently. Slightly unlikely to be paired with Vandy.

    Soneji:
    P#696 outs a slight townlean on tone on Vandy, says certain posts are a good look for Vandy. P#859 hedges slightly on the Vandy read, but still calls it towny. P#1649 finds Thunal’s treatment of Vandy partnered in general, would move Thunal to a strong wolf read if Vandy flips wolf. P#1695 says the Vandy wagon is fine but votes elsewhere.

    Conclusion: There’s nothing distinctly unpairing Vandy/Soneji, and even could argue if Thunal’s V, Soneji kind of sets up after realizing Vandy is dying that day.

    Katze:
    P#323 kind of aggressive with Vandy in immediate interaction. P#327 ends up outing a V read on Vandy. P#584, continues to say Vandy looks better than SF2. P#1061 has Vandy in list of village-leans. P#1084 hedges slightly on Vandy read but explains why she still likes him. P#1263 Katze expresses confusion on Vandy agreeing with Hornet’s take with JC. P#1378 Katze’s read on Vandy shifts pretty dramatically (there is some slight buildup i suppose but i would tinfoil this as being a potential ‘w/w where katze changed her read on Vandy once thread temperature shifted against him’). I do kinda stand by the sort of aggressive way katze’s treating Vandy as unpartnered outside of that and it’s why I’d marked it that way on my chart. P#1720 sticks up for Vandy wagon when it’s tied with TSF which I’d give slight town points to.
    P#2469 feels like Thunal could be a wolf TMIing Vandy/Hornet V/V - this is pretty good from katze as it distinctly lacks agenda.

    Conclusion: I would slightly tinfoil here as my original theory about how wolves would treat Vandy could apply to katze in the way she shifts her Vandy read when momentum turns against Vandy, but I think as a whole her treatment of Vandy is slightly unpartnered.

    Gorf:
    P#410 Gorf is null on Vandy right away and thinks the bucket stance is NAI. Consistently has Vandy low on reads’ list. P#545 similar take to me on Vandy not being villagery for bucket stance. P#1160 questions Vandy on why people townreading him over something NAI didn’t bother him earlier. P#1562 calls out some wolf saltyness from Vandy. P#1788 repeats a comment is a bad look for Vandy. P#2496 really thinks Vandy is a hit.

    Conclusion - I think Gorf is probably on the higher likelihood of being a buss candidate. He seems to not really waver on his Vandy read and doesn’t have many direct interactions with Vandy, but pushes it without expressing doubt even as others’ wavered EOD. I give him some points for having a similar early view to me on the bucket thing from Vandy not being towny, but there’s nothing really stopping this from being a buss.

    Wiml:
    P#40 “Vandy you’ve pocketed me again.” Awkward could be W/W. P#69 reiterates village read. P#260 compares Vandy to SF2 (as a townread). Continuing to want to look for something clearing for Vandy to towncase him. P#371 calls a post hard town for Vandy. P#388 repeats how towny Vandy has been. P#617 says Vandy doesn’t have a wolf motivation for pushing bucket but also mentions that he’s overwhelmed by Vandy’s other posting indicating the point in which his read trends down a bit. P#618 still townreads Vandy though due to his entrance - slight tinfoil of this being planned? P#622 still towncasing Vandy. P#876 takes Vandy out of top villagers but says he tentatively may be there. P#1644 trying to engage with Vandy, ‘doesn’t quite want to give up on finding him if he’s a villager.’ P#1724 wanting to flip this over TSF despite Wiml’s earlier read on Vandy is slight town points if TSF is V. P#1745 dislikes Vandy’s lack of response to his attempt to engage, follows up on the question. P#2116 still trying to engage with Vandy. P#2118 really wants Vandy to give him something to work with.

    Conclusion - Initial thought is that Wiml towncasing Vandy (especially after SF2) is very partnery behavior, however, I think the way Wiml’s read on Vandy progressed throughout the day in addition to the way Wiml was trying to engage with Vandy at EOD is less partnered. I think in all he’s unlikely to be with Vandy.

    Boq:
    If P#40 isn’t w/w, P#50 could potentially be Boq setting up on Wiml (don’t think this is ever W/W/W with Vandy/Boq/Wiml though)
    P#573 Boq townreads Vandy for shading him. P#703 reiterates it. P#1534 doesn’t think Vandy’s questioning of hornet is bad. P#1672 nothing strikingly scummy in Vandy ISO. P#1804 votes Vandy as he’s more likely to be able to solve TSF the next day.

    Conclusion - Nothing really stopping Boq from being W/W with Vandy. His treatment of Vandy is fine but nothing particularly clearing.

    Thunal:
    P#223 has Vandy slightly below null, considering it a “wait and see” read. In P#250 ends up feeling better about Vandy and TRing him. P#340 discussing how she approaches her Vandy notes with me and how he is as town/mafia early. P#817, still has Vandy at top of reads’ list. P#1107 still has Vandy as strongly town. P#1150 is still fairly confident Vandy is town. P#1184 mentions that she’s reading Vandy’s SF2 and agrees with TSF that it’s not the slamdunk she thought it was. P#1370 waffles on the Vandy V read, isn’t as comfortable with him but also feels like he’s an easy answer. P#1572 ends up shifting and voting Vandy. P#1394 wants Vandy over Pilica, P#1986 thinks it’s possible Vandy is a wolf for not posting.
    P#2053 is uhhh, kind of weird. Want to see how it manifests but I kinda feel like Thunal could be setting up to shade me when I was living in an exact world of Vandy W so feel like I’m obviously not partnered with him, plus in general it just looks like she’s setting up to say a lot of people look worse if Vandy is a wolf which feels like a potentially wolfy POE opening.

    Conclusion - In general I find Thunal’s treatment of Vandy iffy. She shifts momentum against Vandy right when thread state is moving against Vandy, and seems to set up a world where a lot of people look worse if Vandy flips wolf at EOD in a way that can be read as expanding the POE.

    Pilica:
    P#2132 feels like Vandy is just the designated elimination, continues to state threadstate feels like SF3 where they chopped a villager EOD.
    P#2355 ISOs Vandy, comes out with a wolfread and ends up supporting the wagon.


    Conclusion - Very very very minor not W/W points for Pilica’s treatment of Vandy EOD. I think the progression of “threadstate feels like SF3” to joining the Vandy wolf read feels natural/lacking agenda, but not enough to call it particularly clearing.


    Looks Best:
    HolyFlare
    Hornet

    Looks Decent:
    Wiml
    TSF
    Katze

    Looks the Same:
    Boquise
    Pilica

    Looks Worse:
    Thunal
    Soneji
    Gorf

  31. ISO #2631
    Wants It More Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,265
    Community
    TL Exiles
    Gender
    The only eod concerns I had on people were:

    Wiml
    Tsf
    Soneji

    Elaborate soon. Just poopin.

  32. ISO #2632
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#2610)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2157)
    I must say reaching out to Vandy didn't give me as cold feet as reaching out to Levi did in SF3. Maybe that's a sign he's wolfing, I dunno. Most of all I can't really find much alternatives right now.

    PoE is [Alexa, Thunal, TSF, Vandy, Wiml, maybe Gorf] and I can't really see myself starting a push for someone else right now.
    Wisdom legacy.

    I think Alexa, thunal and Wiml are villagers at the moment too.

    I came to a solve of Boq/Gorf [with the goal of solidifying Pilica/Soneji/TSF so that if this is solve is wrong, they aren't the default go to's for little to no reason.]
    wait why thunal?

  33. ISO #2633
    Soul Reader Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,049
    Community
    Smashboards
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2626)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#2622)
    im basically at thunal/tsf/wiml/pilia rn
    this is more at the thread than at you specifically
    people are clearing soneji for what have to be horrible reasons if he's not in a POE
    you are a fan of meta. do yourself a solid and look into his. i think hes pretty damn townie. that can fall off but i have no reason to be more concerned about him than the four players i listed.

  34. ISO #2634
    GOAT Tier The Sun Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Carrollton, GA
    Posts
    11,369
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet (#2620)
    also, @The Sun Fan wrt the tging abt people who werent ard when vandy became runaway - who do you suspect and why from there?
    the obvious, easy answer is people who weren't around and weren't able to stop the wagon from developing

    there was a wagon on me that sprang up, and its like
    honestly kind of absurd that wolves didn't try to keep it alive longer, absurd is even too soft of a word

    so I'm just assuming that they weren't around to do so, or that all of the wolves were there
    I don't remember who was involved in it for sure, I remember boq and Thunal but I have to look to be sure

  35. ISO #2635
    Special Agent tbh Boquise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22,127
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2612)

    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#2601)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#50)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#40)
    Going to call this mildly villagery given that this post is unnecessary and iirc the first thing Vandy said after he got outed in sf2 was "$%#! bucket" and say it was broken to wolf against.

    Vandy, you've pocketed me again lmao.
    bookmarking this as "potentially w/w" for the sick post game cred after being demolished in a F7 tbh
    don't think wiml is a wolf either
    yeh me neither, but i find it funny

    I am feeling pretty proud of myself for yesterday tbh!

  36. ISO #2636
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    also i did a read through of the raven and concluded that Thunal isn't out of her wolf meta at all

  37. ISO #2637
    GOAT Tier The Sun Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Carrollton, GA
    Posts
    11,369
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#2633)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2626)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#2622)
    im basically at thunal/tsf/wiml/pilia rn
    this is more at the thread than at you specifically
    people are clearing soneji for what have to be horrible reasons if he's not in a POE
    you are a fan of meta. do yourself a solid and look into his. i think hes pretty damn townie. that can fall off but i have no reason to be more concerned about him than the four players i listed.
    any place you think I should look?
    quals?

  38. ISO #2638
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,102
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    CivFanatics
    AKA
    Legacy of Smiles
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#2608)
    I took a break for most of the phase but I looked at a couple people overnight. Wiml I was initially suspicious of for the self vote and townreading Vandy early but I looked into his progression on Vandy and I think he's town for it because it looks really natural how he townread Vandy first, was unable to clear him while he was able to clear others, and Vandy fell into his PoE because of it.

    @Wiml was the self vote tactical? did it have some objective other than you expressing emotion?
    it was tactical but I won't pretend like it wasn't irrational of me

    best thing that came of it is vandy's reaction although I'll admit I didn't backread since EoD

  39. ISO #2639
    Galaxy Brain JohnCarter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    20,432
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    Carlos
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2627)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2623)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2612)



    my strongest read overnight is that thunal just looks really really bad from her treatment of vandy and vandys treatment of her

    ##Vote Thunal33
    her vote on vandy felt resigned to me, but I kind of struggled because she voted a bit too early for me to think she should be resigned to busing?

    I haven't looked at vandy's treatment of her yet, can you talk about that?
    yeah i'm done with that part of my post, so ill just paste it here for now



    How did Vandyfan402 treat Thunal33?

    P#253 - i don’t really have anything to say but i saw the next post and thought it was his first interaction with thunal but this actually is instead
    P#432 - but irked that it’s his second real mention of thunal at all and she’s one of his two townreads
    P#449/P#453 - takes a thunal read on TSF and is like “make it double”, my brain mrred and prred at what this means for thunal but i am pretty confident that vandy isn’t w/w/w with both thunal/TSF here
    P#1157 - calls thunal very townie but singles her out for townreading him for bad reasons, despite these reasons being not uncommon for reading him, i’m very concerned as to why vandy seems extra aware as to how specifically thunal is reading him
    P#1164/P#1165 - further shades thunals read on him
    P#1212 - i think specifically comparing thunals read on him to his read on a villager in his semis game is a decent look for thunal
    P#1240 - but thunal being his top non-PR claim townread at this point is absolutely baffling?
    P#1501 - defends thunal read to JC, feels bad
    P#2178 - objectively incorrect $%#! about thunal here i almost want to call unpartnered just by the absurdity of the read but like… what

    Conclusion: i have fairly strong concerns with how vandy treated thunal.
    I agree, p#2178 is unpartnered vandy/thunal.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#2629)
    @JohnCarter I'm challenging you to find me town.
    Already done.

  40. ISO #2640
    Special Agent tbh Boquise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22,127
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Gender
    @Thunal33 why would i get + points if vandy was town and why would I get minus points if he is scum?

  41. ISO #2641
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender


    colored is reads too

  42. ISO #2642
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,397
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#2629)
    I'm challenging you to find me town.
    is it a challenge because it's not true

  43. ISO #2643
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    17,170
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#1572)
    -maybe makes a greater number of early townreads proportionate to the game size as town - makes a game-locking level of early townreads in her first readslists as town but doesn’t make quite that many early on as scum and hedges on them more often. In Cop/Vig 13er she outed 7 townreads quickly but didn’t put them in one organized list like her other town games
    -says in g3 she TRs people immediately when she’s town but is more hesitant as scum since she feels she might box herself in
    -feels less awkward as town
    -being guarded when responding to someone’s suspicion like she did with TSP scumreading her in team mafia is probably a scumtell for her
    -made detailed, pointed questions as town but not as scum
    -made “busy analysis” as scum in RYM like SBPC and a chart simply stating what people’s reads on each other were

    The reason I feel like alexa is town is that she's been hitting her towntells with how she approaches the early game and she had no awareness that I was using those tells on her. I actually wolfread her in Constellations after I did the meta dive on her on d4 but Blade only said that i was tinfoiling her, so I think my meta on Alexa has a fairly good chance of being correct. I do have a tell that's only applicable later game but she's been towny according to all my early tells.

    ##Vote Vandyfan402

    I think by PoE and with his recent behavior this makes the most sense. I also think that the alternate option of him being an easy target with a disproportionate number of wolves pushing him doesn't hold up because Wis and JC are power roles and HF, Hornet, and Katze are all towny players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#2473)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2463)
    The fact none of the PRs are voting Vandy isn't helping.

    I might end my vote there.

    I've ended my vote on a wolf the other d1's.

    I just struggle to see why Vandy would be this active and try to respond to everyone and share his thoughts when he's obviously about to die.
    I do think Vandy is more likely flipping v but I kind of see his flip as inevitable and there isn't a counter that I think has a really high percent chance to hit a wolf.
    so my gut reaction based off of this is thunal basically treated vandy in a position where, by the time eod came around, she looked like she wasn't sure what he was going to flip, and thought more likely a villager.

    if she is a wolf this is definitely something i did in g9 where i tried purposely to not look like i had tmi on barry, and i think it... mostly worked in my favor?

    i'm considering the implications of wisdom being the clear the wolves killed, but i'm just pointing this out because this is sorta how i think as a wolf and want more opinions.

  44. ISO #2644
    Wants It More Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,265
    Community
    TL Exiles
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#2639)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2627)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2623)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#2612)



    my strongest read overnight is that thunal just looks really really bad from her treatment of vandy and vandys treatment of her

    ##Vote Thunal33
    her vote on vandy felt resigned to me, but I kind of struggled because she voted a bit too early for me to think she should be resigned to busing?

    I haven't looked at vandy's treatment of her yet, can you talk about that?
    yeah i'm done with that part of my post, so ill just paste it here for now



    How did Vandyfan402 treat Thunal33?

    P#253 - i don’t really have anything to say but i saw the next post and thought it was his first interaction with thunal but this actually is instead
    P#432 - but irked that it’s his second real mention of thunal at all and she’s one of his two townreads
    P#449/P#453 - takes a thunal read on TSF and is like “make it double”, my brain mrred and prred at what this means for thunal but i am pretty confident that vandy isn’t w/w/w with both thunal/TSF here
    P#1157 - calls thunal very townie but singles her out for townreading him for bad reasons, despite these reasons being not uncommon for reading him, i’m very concerned as to why vandy seems extra aware as to how specifically thunal is reading him
    P#1164/P#1165 - further shades thunals read on him
    P#1212 - i think specifically comparing thunals read on him to his read on a villager in his semis game is a decent look for thunal
    P#1240 - but thunal being his top non-PR claim townread at this point is absolutely baffling?
    P#1501 - defends thunal read to JC, feels bad
    P#2178 - objectively incorrect $%#! about thunal here i almost want to call unpartnered just by the absurdity of the read but like… what

    Conclusion: i have fairly strong concerns with how vandy treated thunal.
    I agree, p#2178 is unpartnered vandy/thunal.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#2629)
    @JohnCarter I'm challenging you to find me town.
    Already done.
    I'm pretty sure Thunal is town independently but never take anything vandy said at eod to mean a single thing

  45. ISO #2645
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    2,415
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Thunal looks the most partnered with Vandy from anyone, TSF I'd have to give greater thought on. Working on a Vandy partner analysis, compiled stuff from his SF2 d1 in preparation for that.

    ##Vote Thunal33


    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#1649)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#162)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyflare (#130)
    I know Alexa was super duper paranoid of rolling mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#18)
    I am 99.9% sure that the Alexa slot is a villager. I am one of the best Alexa readers on this site, and I have a far more nuanced understanding of how she approaches games as town and mafia than most players here.

    Alexa is polarized - her modus operandi as a wolf is to freeze and not post, and then hope to skate by on the idea that 'she'd actually post if she was wolf'. Her reaction to people posting was the exact opposite of this. When other people started posting, Alexa did not freeze up - she focused on posting, and her post count alone is why she's a villager.
    This is a poor quality $%#! post. I would have expected way way better from someone that would feel over the moon to role town.

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#100)
    imagine having reads that aren't hedgy tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#29)
    https://animoto.com/play/EIEEvoO40zQ8urmaQjCB2A

    ok wtf idk how to get this to show up from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#44)
    cue 10 million posts debating bucket strategy

    imo it's up to the PRs
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#57)
    i would like to make an important announcement. this announcement will be the key to solving my alignment, and thus forth solving the game. no greater and more significant announcement will be said on this day one. please, prepare yourselves for this revelation.

    i'm gay


    The majority of the rest of her posts say nothing which, sure, is fine it being the start of the game, but they're not even funny or whatever. Just stale, stuck. Feels scared.

    Then these reads when they actually come peppered in:

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#106)
    i think thunal's approach to wiml right now is lightly villagery
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#75)
    i think the desire for bucket gives Vandy some light town points, but I also feel like it's possible that Vandy had some sort of discussion/pre-assumption that bucket would happen and therefore instantly came in with that mindset for the "towncred" if he's a wolf so i wouldn't put him beyond light town
    A nothing post on Thunal.

    A huge hedge on Vandy. So so so meh.
    I'm having a purposeful "wait and see" approach on Alexa rn because I think her alignment will become more clear when she's given just a bit longer to solve uninterrupted.

    I think you're >rand town so far for having concerns on the same Vanity post I had concerns about and just giving a lot more content from the start than you did as mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#390)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#382)
    I think Gorf is town - I also think Gorf!w will be matter of: at the end of day, wolves come out to play.

    I'm lacking wolf meta there and don't feel compelled to dig into years ago, but have checked out some common themes from his town games that I think - and this is based on my own experiences as a wolf - he would have difficulty replicating or identifying is an attribute of only his town game.
    He was actually wolf recently in Constellations but only for a dayphase: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...ons-Team-Mafia

    He's somewhat of a wait and see read for me rn

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#693)
    Hi, I'm awake and caught up. I'm a bit concerned with my ability to solve this game as a whole because nobody who's posted looks wolfy. Nessa had a couple posts since I went to bed that I liked, namely #656 and #660. It feels like she's thinking about Wiml a lot and really cares about investigating him.

    I think Pilica's first post is >rand v but she's really a wait and see read for me, I think her alignment will become somewhat clear through her solving process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#713)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#631)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#626)
    I agree with conclusion Wim, and would go as far as saying that nothing Vandy has done has made me (personally) frown yet.

    Glad to see you getting into the game.

    I see the vibe RE: threadtstate. Unrelated to bucket, and I say this in a completely different context to when I said this in SF2, but let’s not be in a huge rush to lock in too many reads yet. It’s very early and it likely just feels like things aren’t going as smoothly as possible because the absence of immediate bucket which SF2 experienced.

    Personally, I’m not worried. Quite a good chunk of villagers showing themselves already. As for bucket: It’ll happen, and unless it happens on exactly my top villagers, it’s going to be very beneficial.

    Not to mention Soneji, Hornet and Pilica are all likely to bring something unique and a breathe of fresh air to things when they pop in.

    We’ll get there, just keep doin you
    Yeah. Game will get a lot easier for me in ~5 or 6 hours when I can dedicate my 100% attention to it for the rest of the cycle.

    Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't be locking Pete as towns now (tbh I think it'll take a lot for me to lock anybody in as town this game, particularly for stuff that can be manipulated easily like spew, since the wolf team almost certainly has or will have some sort of deepwolf winplan in the case of bucket happening. Will touch on it more after bucket happens though.

    Yeah I'm not worried about the threadstate (I think it's mostly unavoidable - there's a lack of clear goals, three 0-posters and many strong wolves so some teething issues would always be expected here I think).

    ---------------------

    Unrelated note: I think kat has been incredibly towny in the last couple of hours.

    ---------------------

    @JohnCarter

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

    Corny pick but it's also one of my favourite songs anyway.

    Ngl "we are number one" came up on my search bar as I was looking for it and I... almost faltered.
    Who's Pete? :P

    Also I feel like you're a wait and see read for me. You've done things that have reminded me of your town game, like your towncase on Katze and you mulling over and pushing for bucket but you're one of the people who I feel like your hypothetical wolf game here would be an unknown. You're relatively new to forum mafia but playing a lot of games, and therefore are improving quickly, so I think that your wolfgame probably has changed in the few months since you've wolfed last especially if it were in a champs finale setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#817)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#793)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#765)
    It means that I think I'm unsure on them but they'll make their alignment clearer when they solve more. In some cases like Pilica's it's also tied to my meta notes that I have a tell on them that they might show with a little more time so I'm cautious to give a solid read on them before they have a chance to give that tell.
    oh im just dumb then

    who of the cast are "wait and see reads?" and can you give me an example or two of like two different player sortings, like players who you feel like you can get a read on?

    im worried that there might be an element of convenience when it comes to your designation of "wait and see reads," so some transparency on what those look like to you would be appreciated. you dont have to show your whole hand, im just looking for some perspective.
    My readslist looks like this:
    Town:
    Vandy
    JC
    TSF
    Katze

    Leaning town:
    Gorf
    Holy
    Soneji
    Alexa

    Mixed reads:
    Vanity
    Wiml

    Need to see more from:
    Boq
    Wisdom
    Pilica
    Hornet

    Right now I think Boq is somewhat "wait and see" because he only recently started putting out a lot of content and I think checking his takes themselves will give more insight into his alignment. Pilica is wait and see because I'm looking for something specific from her. Wiml is somewhat wait and see because I think he's very good at making himself really towny as town so if he's town I think I'll be able to find him but I haven't found him as town now. Often I don't really get any wolfreads on d1 and I haven't so far, but I have a rough PoE of Vanity/Wiml/Boq/Wisdom/Pilica/Hornet.


    Including Vandy below, wait and see count at 6. Not really the biggest concern considering Thunal's given more thoughts on these people later, and gave thoughts even while saying to wait and see, but does show some hesitation in giving concrete reads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#223)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#189)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#168)
    oh yeah, I think Wiml can get there, I just wanted to throw that out there.
    I mostly pointed out the Greg read because no one else seemed too and I realized I hadn't really been giving reads. Just kinda hanging around.
    let's actually talk about this wording for a second, and how vandy is conscious of how he's playing the game so far. would this actually look different if vandy was a wolf? because i'm contemplating whether w!vandy would actually word this post differently than v!vandy.
    Vandy is another "wait and see" read for me although I have him slightly below null rn. I feel like his self awareness with this post could come from him as either alignment and idk if the wording would change based on his alignment
    Vandy and Pilica are the only two "wait and see" people to get any kind of reads placement from Thunal, with Vandy being below null here and Pilica being >rand town. Interesting distinction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#250)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyfan402 (#218)
    So I just reread Vanity's Iso, and I actually think the thought she's put into the game and the way she's talked about people and how she's going to read them is towny.
    This read is a good look for Vandy imo.

    Vandy do you have any susses/people below null yet?
    You said you play the early game with weak reads, but handing out town points for that extremely barebones TR by Vandy is iffy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#340)
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#318)
    also notes on Vandy, i didn't get to do a lot of meta dives last night but i specifically did him because i felt like i had a solid "2 scum game, 2 town game stuff"

    i can probably look at his posting more clearly here in the morning but if anyone's interested in a comparison now

    Town!Vandy (Quals):
    -Makes a first read on someone trying too hard to be towny.
    -Mentions having a decent read on Levi
    -Outs 3 townreads, defends one of them on a push
    -Outs a list with 3 townreads, 2 scumreads
    -Posts a reads list with thoughts on everyone, mentions some of the mafia reads may be harsh in hindsight
    -Mentions both wagons have a significant chance to be mafia
    -Presents a question - what townread do you have that you feel is shared by the fewest people?
    -Votes Mango to spice up the thread

    Town!Vandy (Uniquely Named 18er):
    -Outs an early townread (on someone for saying boring)
    -Outs another townread despite them seeming different from last game
    -Outs a list of early reads, which has a lot of nulls
    -Votes someone for their scummy vote/not believing their push
    -Updates reads’ list a bit later in the day - seems to consistently update reads’ list
    -Has some focus on voters and whether voters on certain wagons are towny or scummy - comments there seem to be too many wagons

    Town Trends: Seems to collect townreads early, outs reads lists/updates them consistently, remarks on wagons, seems to distinctly lack TMI, has about 1-2 real pushes day one and some reads against the grain

    Scum!Vandy (SF2):
    -Claims VT right away, accepts bucket strat
    -Outs a townread on Axis but sus of his Wiml push
    -Says a post by JC must be the towniest post in the game so far
    -Performative comment about katze’s alignment
    -Outs 5 GTH townreads on actual villagers, explains how one of them is a weird read
    -Remarks on celtic being towny (rare opinion), feels pocketed by Wiml
    -Suspicious of SK for their push
    -Mentions not knowing what to think about a few people
    -Tends to mention work/what they’re doing and what they’re gonna do later quite often
    -Outs a reads’ list with pretty much all town reads
    -Does an ISO on Cape, comes out with ‘scum potential’
    -Reconsiders scumread on Cape in the morning
    -Calls a V/V argument both V, but points out Axis as townier
    -Calls a post the towniest post in the thread by a mile
    -Starts Psycho ISO, abandons it, but posts it anyway
    -Calls some voters towny vs not towny
    -Some very confident/performative posts

    Scum!Vandy (Pokemon Unovo Mash):
    -Outs one early townread on a partner.
    -Outs 3 townreads ‘no mafia,’ says they won’t be backreading
    -Says someone is sus/seems LAMIST for doing ISOs early
    -Doesn’t understand scumreads on Ghana
    -Mentions they forgot some of their townreads
    -Outs a list of townreads with 3 partners
    -Mentions they’re post count clearing some people for the day
    -Insistent on someone being obvious town
    -Discusses some meta on certain people
    -Comment on needing people resolved

    Scum Trends: Slightly more performative/confident in townreads, tends to repeat people’s towniness and has some showy comments - can repeat how obvious town someone is excessively. More aggressive/dramatic and confident. Has some iffy handling of TMI
    huh, I had a similar approach to you with my Vandy notes but I thought he was more hedgy as mafia early on like he was with AXIS and pushing Vanity in Homestuck rather than more confident, but I didn't read his Pokemon mash scum game. He had some stylistic differences in sf2 specifically with a lot of ? and ... I think the way he pushes people will be telling so I'll probably get a stronger read on him when he makes a real push.
    I didn't see you give any thoughts when Vandy was pushing onto JC, only when he pushed onto Hornet and after others had already jumped onto him for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#948)
    I think that if either of Vanity or Wiml are PR they should claim now. Atp I think they'd be saving me and others a lot of time and energy solving them if they were PR and claimed
    Do like that Thunal pushes for those getting pushed the hardest to claim if they're PR, as it does help the thread state. Wolves would benefit from PRs waiting longer in the game state as it was.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#1107)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1054)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#904)
    I haven't seen many (any? Not counting Katze) full player list read lists yet, but I guess I'm not the only one who struggled to put the feet on the ground and not keep the cards close to the chest.

    TOWN
    Holyflare
    TSF
    --- Relevant line of confidence ---
    JC
    Thunal
    Soneji
    --- Less relevant line of confidence ---
    Katze
    Nessa
    ---
    Hornet/Pilica/Vandy/Gorf
    ---
    Alexa
    Boq
    Wiml
    WOLF
    Okay actually the claims aren't the worst thing that could happen.

    I'm getting kinda strong vibes on Vandy being one of the wolves now >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#1124)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#1118)
    Yeah if you don't mind I probably take the night off and wait for the last claimer? Will probably use the rest of posts for walls and etc.

    Please @ me for things I should respond to.

    Also want to add that Wisdom has been uncharacteristically mega weird about pushes and really doesn't feel like they're actively trying to solve me at all. Know it's happening with boq as well and like.

    They're playing this game very much like a higher effort version of the CFC game it feels. In that game Wisdom had flashes of villageryness during D1 but their overall posting was very meh outside of those few very towny things and they pushed on Mendes pretty uncharitably iirc.

    One of my bigger things putting me off tunnelling Wisdom wolf was a non associative with nessa lol.
    my concerns with Wisdom summed up is that I feel like Wisdom's running out of people to push and is grasping at straws and being unwilling to town clear anyone new because of it. I also got the impression she was testing the waters with a few different pushes to see what stuck.
    I'm not seeing that and I'm a little bit wary of the fact that you have those vibes since imo Vandy's still as strongly town as he was before the bucket but he's a conventionally easier target to push than most of this list.
    This shading from Thunal is very tonally different to how they've talked to anyone else in the thread, and looking at their avatar just gives me the thought that the kitty has claws. Thread was turning against Wisdom, and Wisdom was threatening onto Vandy, so Thunal pounces them. They do reason that Wisdom going onto Vandy was due to them being boxed in by claims but it seems that Thunal was more the one waiting for people's roles to be clear to jump onto somebody, given the tonal difference they displayed when FoS'ing Wisdom compared to Wisdom not sounding different when suspecting Vandy.


    Up to this point, Thunal hadn't given much attention to Wisdom, only a few interactions before this, with the latest one about two hours prior having Thunal giving a >rand town read on Wisdom's push of Wiml.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#784)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#767)
    WIML thoughts

    I have never seen wiml be this defensive. P#701 is a good example of that. Of course, staying up late (and not being hydrated!) might ruin the mood, but still, wolf point for that. And it's like "Wolves are pushing me" rather than explaining why any of us (four?) are sussing him for wolf indicative reasons. Compare to the cop/vig game where I pushed him hard as a wolf and he went like "welp this is a valid reason to push me, but sorry you're wrong".

    But generally he comes off as sloppy. He has thoughts that he doesn't want to share, compared to other games I've seen him play where he shares everything he thinks all the time which is why he tends to wall post A LOT as town. For example, p#67 he's gonna explain his preparations later, which he doesn't (outside of p#717 but he still doesn't explain any thoughts/notes from his preparations, just that he did them), in p#191 he says that he's gonna comment on Holy's reads later, which he doesn't, p#220 he's gonna check Boq later, which he doesn't except for "underwhelming and don't remember posts", in p#261 he gets asked to share his pre-game notes (which he did A LOT in G9), but he won't according to p#277.

    His town case on Katze felt very flat but I'm not gonna do a direct comparison to figure out exactly why that is, yet.

    The fact that he *just* saw me wolf, knows *exactly* what I did to fool him, and did similarly in Anni, was my first reason for sussing him. He, if anyone, should have thoughts about how he perceives my wolf games, if anyone. In the game (https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/32522) he even did a quick meta dive on me, and I told him to check out games where my meta varies from those he already read. So, he should have an idea of how I generally play as wolf, but he's barely mentioned anything of the kind.

    ##Vote Wiml
    Here's some snippets from my Wiml notes, these are from Deck Mafia 2:
    -”The fact that you didn’t realize Appel made an RVS vote and tried to wagon me for bad reasons is opportunistic af.”
    -thinks it’s bad because Wiz tried to wagon him based on something that he wasn’t actually responsible for
    -”So yeah your case is awful.”

    I've also seen him get defensive as wolf in Scythe:
    -response to Mac’s suspicion: “You know better than to think my entrance is AI… your scumread on me is awful”

    Wiml do you think this is wolfy for Wisdom or just bad?
    what are your thoughts on Vanity right now?

    I'm multitasking right now btw
    The bolded is some shade too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#974)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#961)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#953)
    all PRs should claim now

    unrelated but just realised that I (comparitively) slanked the cfc game recently and wisdom deciding to tunnel me on low effort after that game is an awful look tbh

    in general I think they're probably just a wolf, frustration aside
    What

    You're really underestimating my wolf play if you think I'd do the same thing twice in a row. And you're also ignoring most of what I've been trying to say if you think "low effort" is my main argument on tunneling you.

    Also it's the third time you've called me awful, what's up with that?
    To add on to this I'm pretty sure that Wisdom wolfread Wiml in that CFC game because she had pocketed him in the past and wanted to try an unexpected approach. I don't think that doing the same thing twice in a row means bad wolf play but I know people in general have a tendency in games not to do the same thing twice in a row so I actually think the existence of Wisdom's Wiml push is a >rand town look.


    Overall Thunal has been quite contributive in discussions and had good posts, but not outside of what can be faked for good wolves. Their treatment of Vandy looks partnered, and their treatment of Wisdom is jarringly different from how they've talked about anyone else. Leaning wolf on them, that would move towards strong wolf read if Vandy flips w.

  46. ISO #2646
    Soul Reader Gorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,049
    Community
    Smashboards
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2637)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#2633)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#2626)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorf (#2622)
    im basically at thunal/tsf/wiml/pilia rn
    this is more at the thread than at you specifically
    people are clearing soneji for what have to be horrible reasons if he's not in a POE
    you are a fan of meta. do yourself a solid and look into his. i think hes pretty damn townie. that can fall off but i have no reason to be more concerned about him than the four players i listed.
    any place you think I should look?
    quals?
    go to sf1 and read the late d1 interaction between soneji and i, i actually iso him and come out wanting to yeet him and he explains his meta through to me and provides several links. hes so polarized even he knows it and knows he just isnt adequate enough as a wolf to be deceptive enough to overcome it.

  47. ISO #2647
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    @Holyflare i need you to sell me on TSF/vandy W/W
    i thought TSF looked really solid from spew

  48. ISO #2648
    Special Agent tbh Boquise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    22,127
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Gender

  49. ISO #2649
    Galaxy Brain alexa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Massachusetts, US
    Posts
    20,700
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#2603)
    @Boquise i’m so sorry. i think you’re a villager.

    @alexa i’m so sorry. i think you’re a villager.

    will start posting in a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#2610)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2157)
    I must say reaching out to Vandy didn't give me as cold feet as reaching out to Levi did in SF3. Maybe that's a sign he's wolfing, I dunno. Most of all I can't really find much alternatives right now.

    PoE is [Alexa, Thunal, TSF, Vandy, Wiml, maybe Gorf] and I can't really see myself starting a push for someone else right now.
    Wisdom legacy.

    I think Alexa, thunal and Wiml are villagers at the moment too.

    I came to a solve of Boq/Gorf [with the goal of solidifying Pilica/Soneji/TSF so that if this is solve is wrong, they aren't the default go to's for little to no reason.]
    @vanity @JohnCarter
    no worries, I understand
    sorry i said some stuff when my emotiosn were high too

  50. ISO #2650
    Wants It More Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,265
    Community
    TL Exiles
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa (#2647)
    @Holyflare i need you to sell me on TSF/vandy W/W
    i thought TSF looked really solid from spew
    Spew is a myth from big MAFIA to keep the little man down

Page 53 of 219 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Macho Cop

The Macho Cop may each night investigate a player to learn their alignment. The Macho Cop cannot be protected from nightkills in any way.