UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    URGENT: Please Make separate servers for private Discord chats

It has been brought to our attention that private Discord channels are not as private as once seemed. We strongly encourage anyone who uses Discord chats for mafia games to create separate servers for every single private chat, instead of grouping everything into one server to make it easier to manage.

This flaw allows anyone on the same server to see all channels and who has access to those channels regardless of how much access the channel settings say they can have. This flaw should be considered serious and game breaking for any games that have multiple private chats on a single server.

How?

There's a free online discord client-side modification called "Better Discord". This provides a number of community-made improvements to the discord client, and allows for plug-ins. Unfortunately, when an FM game uses a single discord server to help run it, one of these plug-ins ("Show Hidden Channels") can create exploitable vulnerabilities.

As the name implies, it allows a discord user to do the following in any server that they are in:

• See existence of hidden channels that they would not normally see
    • See channel descriptions of said hidden channels
    • See what discord accounts have access to said hidden channels

The only thing that they cannot see is the messages in hidden channels.

What does this mean?

It means that, by utilizing discord with this plugin, a player can:

• Determine alignment based on access to hidden channels
    • Determine some roles based on access to hidden channels
    • Potentially identify hidden mechanics or information that have their own channel in a closed-setup game
    • Identify an alt player's actual account if there's a channel dedicated to them with their real name OR if they have a recognizable discord name.

What can be done about it?

There are a few practical ways to close this kind of vulnerability. Obviously one would be not to use discord at all, but if you want to use discord then its still safe to do so IF:

• The discord server is dedicated to the secret chat and only those players associated with it. The same must be done for every secret chat on discord (1 server per secret chat).

Testing it in the wild

MartinGG99 tested this with Guillotina. They tested this on the old Anime World 2 server, and with the images below managed to find out information on channels that he configured to hide:

Hat tip to MartinGG99 for finding the problem.
    Last edited by Makaze; October 26th, 2021 at 08:36 PM.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#4807)
    i'm about to make makaze's pronouns was/were

2. ISO #2
    Banned

Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    first quicktopic now discord wonder where ppl move next

eta: and in the games i used disc for i did make dvc/wolfchats/masons/hood all separated so
    Last edited by Hornet; October 26th, 2021 at 08:04 PM.

3. ISO #3
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    ...as far as i'm aware this was brought up to an admin like a month ago

was there just not an announcement about it

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    I'm still going to use discord for my games.

As hosts we have to acknowledge that mafia is inherently easy to cheat in. Create an alt, have it sub into a game, instantly have info on the entire mafia faction. The whole basis of game integrity is the idea that players will not cheat. If we stop trusting players to not cheat, we ruin the idea of forum mafia itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#284)
    HEY $%#!S
    Since some people obviously don't know this, even though it should be BASIC COMMON SENSE, I guess i have to point it out. if you are PR, and are about to be misyeeted, YOU NEED TO CLAIM. You need to claim with at least 45 seconds, preferably 1 minute left so that people have time to refresh and unvote you. If you claim at 30 seconds, if you claim at 15 seconds, if you don't claim at all, YOU WILL BE MISYEETED. PR staying alive is extremely important for town. There was a post on the general mafia forum about win rates when PR is yeeted D1 in turbos and its 1/14 or some $%#!.

I'm not going to call this gamethrowing, because some new players might not understand how important PR is to a setup, and others come from sites where you can't claim as PR. But please, for the love of god, claim if you're being killed. Thank you.

Copypasta over.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Bowser (#5246)
    Just picture King Bowser wearing baggy cargo pants, and trying to shove an enormous fluffy and supremely enraged kitty into his pockets all game, and all that happens is the cat keeps biting him and clawing him and tearing up his scaly flesh, while hissing and screeching with rage the whole time.

Yet King Bowser is just as stubborn and insists the kitty goes in his pocket, despite numerous failed attempts.

In the end, kitty was never pocketed. Did not survive the process, but left Bowser bloody and shredded and looking quite the fool.

Then everyone else in town is like, dude, Bowser, what happened to your faaaaaace. And your cat.

I uh... cut myself shaving. I'm still totally townie, honest.

That is the legend of Goat Cat.

5. ISO #5
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I brought it up to a few moderators months ago, but before, the plug in didn't allow people to see who the channels were assigned to, so I was ignored I guess.

Now you can see a lot more with that plug in.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

BASTARD CHAMPIONS (MARCH)
    OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)
    VIDEO GAME WORLD (JANUARY)

6. ISO #6
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#4)

As hosts we have to acknowledge that mafia is inherently easy to cheat in. Create an alt, have it sub into a game, instantly have info on the entire mafia faction. The whole basis of game integrity is the idea that players will not cheat. If we stop trusting players to not cheat, we ruin the idea of forum mafia itself.
    I'm still gonna use discord for games, but not integrated anymore.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

7. ISO #7
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#4)

well we can track alts but there’s no way to track who’s using this bot and get hard evidence of cheating

it’s true that there’s no way to stop all cheating all the time but this is a glaring loophole that everyone now knows about so we strongly encourage you do as we’re suggesting
    Last edited by Hally; October 26th, 2021 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by litten
    hally you have a Wowee addicfion
    Quote Originally Posted by quas
    Name the wowee dog hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#15)
    hi im hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#26)
    im a big nerd something something gravity falls
    Quote Originally Posted by ran
    How To Tell If Your Hally Is An Alien Shapeshifter:
    - Apply moderate but steady pressure d1 and observe their reaction.
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by lute (#50)
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#19)
    tfw i cant mindmeld with hally this game
    Quote Originally Posted by jump
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#902)
    when i see hally in the playerlist of a non post cap game

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#442)
    I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a champs level game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Hally has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Hally was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our Syndicate game together and then Anni (both of which saw me find Hally's eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games this year of Hally's. The wolf game on the Org website, the Vig game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Anni, Homestuck, CoV, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Hally had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Hally just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Hally was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Hally was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Hally's iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Hally has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Hally being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

Which looks something like this:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

8. ISO #8
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    This is mainly regarding using multiple channels in the same server for private chats, where you don't want the participants to be public!!!!!

It's still perfectly fine to use Discord itself, for mafia chats; just use separate servers, that's all!!!

Personally, I'll be testing for methods to circumvent this, but it'll probably be messy; will update if anything comes of it!!
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns
    can we please get a better way to do private chats then
    HEY $%#!S
    Since some people obviously don't know this, even though it should be BASIC COMMON SENSE, I guess i have to point it out. if you are PR, and are about to be misyeeted, YOU NEED TO CLAIM. You need to claim with at least 45 seconds, preferably 1 minute left so that people have time to refresh and unvote you. If you claim at 30 seconds, if you claim at 15 seconds, if you don't claim at all, YOU WILL BE MISYEETED. PR staying alive is extremely important for town. There was a post on the general mafia forum about win rates when PR is yeeted D1 in turbos and its 1/14 or some $%#!.

I'm not going to call this gamethrowing, because some new players might not understand how important PR is to a setup, and others come from sites where you can't claim as PR. But please, for the love of god, claim if you're being killed. Thank you.

Copypasta over.
    Just picture King Bowser wearing baggy cargo pants, and trying to shove an enormous fluffy and supremely enraged kitty into his pockets all game, and all that happens is the cat keeps biting him and clawing him and tearing up his scaly flesh, while hissing and screeching with rage the whole time.

Yet King Bowser is just as stubborn and insists the kitty goes in his pocket, despite numerous failed attempts.

In the end, kitty was never pocketed. Did not survive the process, but left Bowser bloody and shredded and looking quite the fool.

Then everyone else in town is like, dude, Bowser, what happened to your faaaaaace. And your cat.

10. ISO #10
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#3)

That was a different issue; the issue here is having multiple private chats in the same server, that is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#5)
    I brought it up to a few moderators months ago, but before, the plug in didn't allow people to see who the channels were assigned to, so I was ignored I guess.

Apologies if that was missed, which it seems to have been!! Also yes, seeing the actual participants in permission-locked channels is the main issue that is problematic!!!!!

[9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

11. ISO #11
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#9)
    can we please get a better way to do private chats then
    To clarify: it is perfectly fine to continue using Discord for your mafia chats/neighbourhoods/masonrys/whatnot!!!

This is simply saying don't put them all in one server if you want to make the participants for a private chat secret, such as the players in a neighbourhood, secret; you'd need to make multiple servers for that!!

12. ISO #12
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    The previous warning has been toned down since people have been taking this as a reason to stop using Discord entirely. This is not what we are saying, because this does not affect the integrity of Discord fundamentally. This problem only affects who can see what channels, and has nothing to do any other type of security outside of something that would be important to how many private chats exist and who is in those channels.

Apologies for speaking carelessly.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns
    No, i was talking about not being able to use integrated servers anymore.

Having to use multiple servers per game is very annoying from a hosting standpoint.

It is much easier to keep organized in an integrated server where people can post night actions.

Plus, they act as as place for people to take notes for themselves even if they are not in any private chats. You can do this in private threads from what i understand but discord is much more convenient.
    Last edited by TripleHaven; October 26th, 2021 at 08:36 PM.
    HEY $%#!S

Copypasta over.

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns
    HEY $%#!S

Copypasta over.

15. ISO #15
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#3)

That was a different issue; the issue here is having multiple private chats in the same server, that is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#5)

Apologies if that was missed, which it seems to have been!! Also yes, seeing the actual participants in permission-locked channels is the main issue that is problematic!!!!!
    It is DA MOTHER OF ALL issues lol
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

16. ISO #16
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    AKA
    Twice
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Wait, so say I post spoils on the spoiled channel (obv).

So, no one would actually be able to see the spoils, since they're a message, right?
    ;-;

17. ISO #17
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#16)
    Wait, so say I post spoils on the spoiled channel (obv).

So, no one would actually be able to see the spoils, since they're a message, right?
    correct
    Quote Originally Posted by litten
    hally you have a Wowee addicfion
    Quote Originally Posted by quas
    Name the wowee dog hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#15)
    hi im hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#26)
    im a big nerd something something gravity falls
    Quote Originally Posted by ran
    How To Tell If Your Hally Is An Alien Shapeshifter:
    - Apply moderate but steady pressure d1 and observe their reaction.
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by lute (#50)
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#19)
    tfw i cant mindmeld with hally this game
    Quote Originally Posted by jump
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#902)
    when i see hally in the playerlist of a non post cap game

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#442)
    I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a champs level game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Hally has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Hally was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our Syndicate game together and then Anni (both of which saw me find Hally's eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games this year of Hally's. The wolf game on the Org website, the Vig game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Anni, Homestuck, CoV, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Hally had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Hally just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Hally was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Hally was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Hally's iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Hally has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Hally being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

Which looks something like this:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

18. ISO #18
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#13)
    No, i was talking about not being able to use integrated servers anymore.

Having to use multiple servers per game is very annoying from a hosting standpoint.

It is much easier to keep organized in an integrated server where people can post night actions.

Plus, they act as as place for people to take notes for themselves even if they are not in any private chats. You can do this in private threads from what i understand but discord is much more convenient.
    The first time someone uses this to cheat, you will have to scrap the whole game, depending on when you realize it.

19. ISO #19
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

I think a possible solution is to have one discord server with all of your class cards (with no identifying information obviously, and also using alt names) and then have a separate discord for each private chat

I don’t think that’s too much work? Compared to having it all in one discord at least.
    WHY DO WE LIVE

IN A SOCIETY

WHERE G A M E R S

DONT RULE THE WORLD

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns
    @TripleHaven

I think a possible solution is to have one discord server with all of your class cards (with no identifying information obviously, and also using alt names) and then have a separate discord for each private chat

I don’t think that’s too much work? Compared to having it all in one discord at least.
    I'm probably going to try this out for a game, not being able to do it the old way is kinda annoying but we move
    HEY $%#!S

Copypasta over.

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    FoL | TCoD
    AKA
    Zori, Nightingale
    Pronouns
    xe/xyr/xyrs + she/her/hers

hasnt this been a thing for like
    a year or so now
    nya
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#6)
    Kyukon has died. They were: {/HIDE_FROM_FLIP} {HIDE_FROM_FLIP} Doctor.
    Role PM for bonk pt 2

You are Mafia Doctor. You win when you overpower the Town and are the only evil faction remaining.

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no {/HIDE_FROM_FLIP}

Night 1 has ended.

Night 1 ended at 9:04 PM EDT on Tuesday, April 20th, 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#2)
    Myna Enteien was eliminated. They were: Macho
    Role PM for bonk pt 4
    You are [COLOR={FACTION_COLOR_GENERATED_DURING_RAND}]Macho 9-Shot Backup Mafia Jack of All Trades (x6 Jailkeeper, x9 Roleblocker, x6 Vigilante, x9 Poisoner) | x9 Strongman | x6 Ninja | Cycle 69 | Even Cycle | Odd Cycle | Recluse | Godfather | x6 Bulletproof Vest | Vengeful
    . You win when you overpower the Town and are the only evil faction remaining.{HIDE_FROM_FLIP} Your teammates are: {/HIDE_FROM_FLIP}{HIDE_FROM_FLIP} Team {TEAM_MEMBERS_GENERATED_DURING_RAND}{/HIDE_FROM_FLIP} As [COLOR={FACTION_COLOR_GENERATED_DURING_RAND}]Mafia[/COLOR], you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. If no {/HIDE_FROM_FLIP}{HIDE_FROM_FLIP} submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-{/HIDE_FROM_FLIP}{HIDE_FROM_FLIP} players.
    Mafia Jack Of All Trades As [COLOR={FACTION_COLOR_GENERATED_DURING_RAND}]Mafia Jack Of All Trades[/COLOR], you have access to one or more night actions. x6 Jailkeeper You have access to the Jailkeeping Night Action. Jailkeeping another player will both protect that player from being killed as well as prevent that player from being able to successfully use their Night Action that night. You will not learn whether your target was successfully protected from any kills, nor will you learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights. x9 Roleblocker You have access to the Roleblocking Night Action. Roleblocking another player prevents them from being able to successfully use any Night Action that they might have that night. You will not learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights. x6 Vigilante You have access to the Shoot Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. x9 Poisoner You have access to the Poison Night Action. Players you target with this action will have their poisoned status announced at the beginning of the following Day. Poisoned players will die if they are not healed by the end of the Day. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day. Keep in mind that if you have multiple uses of your abilities, you must cycle through all of them before being allowed to reuse any of them. Backup The Backup modifier makes your role dormant and unusable until a non-Backup version of the same role dies. If a player with a non-Backup version of your role dies, you will take their place and be able to perform your actions. Cycle X The Cycle X modifier makes your role restricted to one cycle. You may act during that cycle but will be unable to act before and after. You can act on Cycle 69 in this game. Macho The Macho modifier makes your role immune to protection abilities. Doctors, Firefighters, Bodyguards, and all other protection powers will not work on you. X-Shot The X-Shot modifier limits the number of times you can use your Night actions. If you spend all of your shots then you will not be able to use Night actions anymore. You have 9 shots at the start of the game. BPV (Bulletproof Vest) The BPV modifier gives you one or more Bulletproof Vests that passively protect you from one shot each. Each time you are shot, your number of BPVs will decrease by one. If you lose all of your BPVs then you can be killed like everyone else. You will not be notified if a BPV is broken. You have 6 BPVs at the start of the game. Strongman The Strongman modifier makes ordinary killing actions cut through all roleblocking and protection, including factional kills. You have 9 Strongman shots at the start of the game. All shots after that will be handled normally. Even Night The Even Night modifier limits you to only submit Night actions on Even numbered Nights. Odd Night The Odd Night modifier limits you to only submit Night actions on Odd numbered Nights. Ninja The Ninja modifier makes you immune to Watching and Tracking actions. You will not be included in Track or Watch reports. You have 6 Ninja actions at the start of the game. All actions after that will be handled normally. Godfather The Godfather modifier makes you immune to Cop inspections. You will be viewed as Town if inspected by an Alignment Cop and as a Vanilla Town if inspected by a Full Cop. Recluse The Recluse modifier is a Mafia-only modifier that causes your identity to be hidden from the rest of the team. You still count for parity. You may only submit the factional kill if there are no non-Recluse team members alive. Vengeful The Vengeful modifier gives you access to the Revenge Kill action. This action allows you to choose a player who will be shot upon your death. Submit your action using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.{HIDE_FROM_FLIP} {ROLE_PM_FOOTER_LINKS}{/HIDE_FROM_FLIP} Day Vigilante[/COLOR]

Day 1 has ended.

Day 1 ended at 6:01 PM EDT on Tuesday, April 20th, 2021.

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    No Preference
    See existence of hidden channels that they would not normally see
    See channel descriptions of said hidden channels
    See what discord accounts have access to said hidden channels
    Knew about the first for months.
    Knew about the 2nd more recent.
    But that 3rd is news to me, happens to be the most important one.

23. ISO #23
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    I always use separate servers because Ive never bothered to learn how to set up proper permissions in discord

I declare victory in the name of laziness
    Last edited by Apoc; October 27th, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

24. ISO #24
    Welp time to conveniently retire now

25. ISO #25
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by mansnicks (#22)
    That update's only been live for a couple of months, so...

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    No Preference
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#25)
    I myself been able to see names of hidden channels longer than that.

27. ISO #27
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by mansnicks (#26)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#25)
    I myself been able to see names of hidden channels longer than that.
    I can confirm, mansnicks told me back in July, i did the research cause it got me paranoid then told LordQuas, Staypositivefriend, Alexa (Epic Mafia Host) and someone else i dont remember, then i began renaming the channels in a way that either the alignment of someone cannot be deduced or the identity of a role's owner could not.

But now you can see what players and discord roles are assigned to every private channel so there is no way around it but create several discord chats for private GROUP CHATS, unless we find a different and safer client.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    AKA
    lendun
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#27)
    unless we find a different and safer client.
    matrix DVCs when
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#747)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#408)
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone
    ##Vote lendunistus
    Going to bed soon , but this is a very $%#!ty vote

currently on indefinite mafia hiatus

29. ISO #29
    I make poor decisions when drunk Viggorous's Avatar
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#14)
    discord meta is out, slack meta is in
    Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite werewolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubtingThomas (#1916)
    u are the imbecile for wanting to lynch me after that d1

just please never call yourself
    VIGGOAT or whatever that $%#! you say

cuz it's really not true not at all after your recent performances and you must feel it

or are you just spite killing me like you did RC?

30. ISO #30
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#29)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#14)
    discord meta is out, slack meta is in
    Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite werewolf.
    Och tunnlar på och smeker, med motståndet vi leker
    Reeee-ing into the void and flailing around like a magikarp since 2013

31. ISO #31
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    De que diablos están hablando estos pelaos?
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)