Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Universe Weekly Album Exchange!!!

1. ISO #101
    Low Hanging Fruit LordQuas's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Pronouns
    idc
    you dont need to submit a theme every week lol

a lot of ppl just submitted the ones they thought were good ideas the first week they did it and i'm just gonna take awhile to get around to them

the question is optional and just there in case ppl have ideas
    :wiwe

2. ISO #102
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Glad to know my hopes and dreams for a "Blackened Tolkiencore" category can live on

3. ISO #103
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#102)
    Glad to know my hopes and dreams for a "Blackened Tolkiencore" category can live on
    glgl

4. ISO #104
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    AKA
    GOAT Cat
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    I know I've heard of injury reserve before so let's see how this goes
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#284)
    HEY $%#!S
    Since some people obviously don't know this, even though it should be BASIC COMMON SENSE, I guess i have to point it out. if you are PR, and are about to be misyeeted, YOU NEED TO CLAIM. You need to claim with at least 45 seconds, preferably 1 minute left so that people have time to refresh and unvote you. If you claim at 30 seconds, if you claim at 15 seconds, if you don't claim at all, YOU WILL BE MISYEETED. PR staying alive is extremely important for town. There was a post on the general mafia forum about win rates when PR is yeeted D1 in turbos and its 1/14 or some $%#!.

I'm not going to call this gamethrowing, because some new players might not understand how important PR is to a setup, and others come from sites where you can't claim as PR. But please, for the love of god, claim if you're being killed. Thank you.

Copypasta over.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Bowser (#5246)
    Just picture King Bowser wearing baggy cargo pants, and trying to shove an enormous fluffy and supremely enraged kitty into his pockets all game, and all that happens is the cat keeps biting him and clawing him and tearing up his scaly flesh, while hissing and screeching with rage the whole time.

Yet King Bowser is just as stubborn and insists the kitty goes in his pocket, despite numerous failed attempts.

In the end, kitty was never pocketed. Did not survive the process, but left Bowser bloody and shredded and looking quite the fool.

Then everyone else in town is like, dude, Bowser, what happened to your faaaaaace. And your cat.

I uh... cut myself shaving. I'm still totally townie, honest.

That is the legend of Goat Cat.

5. ISO #105
    Timezone
    Community
    The Bell Tree Forums
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    punchy and ace both subbed emotion lmao
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO
    I like mashes

6. ISO #106
    Timezone
    Community
    The Bell Tree Forums
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    my new sub for ace is going to be the 1975 self titled
    I like mashes

7. ISO #107
    hannah diamond - reflections

reflections - the ending of the song is nice, but the rest of it doesnt really come together
    invisible - is she going to sing like a robot the entire album lol? sounds kinda gecsian. song gets better as it goes along, the robot voice grows on you a bit, stuff gets catchier, wish it was a little faster paced.
    love goes on - man im really wishing this was faster paced. feel like itd play to the strengths of this album.

not much to say about a lot of these, solid 6-7 territory of a walrus rating, i dont mind listening to them, but there isnt much that makes me want to return to it.
    never again - the catchiness is improving i guess?
    the ending - finally leaning into the ability to be catchy wrt lyrics
    shy - enjoy the synthy (?) instrumental on this one

overall i just dont think this is for me either, i dont mind poppy stuff from time to time, but i find myself wishing it was a little faster and catchier, more rhythmic, its not bad but i dont see myself finding anything in it that makes me want to go back to this specifically. some of the songs (fade away, shy, the ending, kinda get close to where i want them to be, but still a bit too slow)

the robotic voice works sometimes and then makes listening a chore other times, the lyric videos are hilarious though.

solid 6-7ish on the walrus scale, bits i like but the overall thing doesnt do it for me

8. ISO #108
    im hoping one of these weeks i get something that makes me go damn why havent i heard this before

maybe im too picky lol

9. ISO #109
    Timezone
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Ide
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Okee so I'm two songs in writing this bit, and I'm kinda worried. This is fine, but I'm worried that's all it's gonna be. Very 80s sliding into 90s grunge sound which I've heard a ton of so it'd need to excel to really get me going and it's really not. It just feels behind the times; it's clearly inspired by that era but fails to build on the foundations set decades prior. It wouldn't have been out of place back then but it wouldn't have turned heads.

Third song shakes things up minorly. I'm just not feeling it, which is a shame because I think the band is. The lead guitarist is trying really hard. They all are. The sound just isn't coming together into something uniquely gripping. There's spirit, but the emotion isn't being transmitted through the waves.

As soon as I'm through with this album I'll forget about it. I know this because I am currently forgetting about it as I listen to it. There's nothing wrong here it just fails to permeate.

Album gets cleaner over time. Not sure what that's about. Getting Fleetwood Mac vibes now. Been getting some minor Stevie Nicks vibes the whole time but now they feel more substantiated. I want this to be over but there are still eight minutes left. If this album was just terrible I'd have fun ripping it apart but it can't even give me that. Wonder how I'd score this for an album walrus. Is it better to be memorably bad than forgettably okay? Probably. I'd have a hard time naming many Kanye West songs but I'll never forget his cover of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Last song was the best, so ended as strong as they could manage.

Ok I'm 100% serious when I say that it stopped playing while I was typing and I didn't notice.
    The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
    ♫ So may your dreams be monumental ♫
    ♫ When your spirit guides the way ♫
    ♫ Within the flicker of a candle ♫
    ♫ I will heal your soul's decay ♫

10. ISO #110
    Esben and the Witch - A New Nature

From the first few minutes of instrumentals I was expecting to be treated to some lovely dreampop vocals... but when the actual vocals arrived they were pretty jarring. I don't think they fit the music and they generally just made the music worse for me at every moment they were present. For a while this didn't really bother me too much because there was enough other stuff going on, including a fair number of loud noises. But then the tracks got increasingly minimalistic and vocal-driven and really just missed my musical tastes all around. As soon as I started googling the band I realized there was a good chance I'd like their first two albums more than this one and maybe the other two as well. I'm listening to their debut now. It's beautiful. She actually has a nice voice. This is great. I'll revisit this one. Now I'm listening to their second album. It's pleasant background music but only a few of the tracks are really drawing my attention. After the album you sent me they signed to a metal label and got reviewed favorably by my preferred metal website. I was worried she'd continue with the bad vocals, but they seem okay again here. This is still pretty minimalist but it's working much better for me. Even the quiet parts have an underlying tension, the loud parts are crushing, and the overall experience is much more cohesive. Ooh, she's got some air in her lungs now. Guitarist seems to have been listening to a lot of Isis or something. Drumming is punkish, though. I think I like the debut better than this one, but this one is certainly more compelling. And I can't believe how much her vocals have improved between the third and fourth albums. Album is a total one-trick pony, but it's a good trick, and if you only have four songs then maybe that's all you need. The last song was the weakest. I'm mildly annoyed that the reviewer said it's impossible not to give this album your full attention and then that's literally what happened to me when I wasn't planning to listen actively. On to the last album. First track dispensed with minimalism and was giving me Downfall of Gaia/Cult of Luna vibes. Now it's getting boring. And staying boring. At least this one is short. The final track is coming to life, but it's not enough to save this album.

Coming back again to the album you actually sent me and yeah, I have no idea why she's singing that way. I don't like it. The rumbling bass on the first track is nice and the noodley guitar works really well, and those drum parts are effective. If the whole album had continued this way I could have put up with the vocals. But I know that it doesn't, and a bit of spot-checking is confirming to me that a second listen isn't going to go any better than the first. She sounds like she's singing out of tune or something. I honestly think she's just singing bad and that it's not just a me thing. This has to be some sort of stylistic decision, but I just don't understand it.

tbh I don't know why you picked this album. Three of their others ranged from good to great.

11. ISO #111
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    he or idc at all
    I don't think my assigned partner wants to do this thing ;_;

12. ISO #112
    Season 7 Connect 4 Champion tonystarkprime's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    hcrealms / the syndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

13. ISO #113
    The Moon nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Esben and the Witch - A New Nature

From the first few minutes of instrumentals I was expecting to be treated to some lovely dreampop vocals... but when the actual vocals arrived they were pretty jarring. I don't think they fit the music and they generally just made the music worse for me at every moment they were present. For a while this didn't really bother me too much because there was enough other stuff going on, including a fair number of loud noises. But then the tracks got increasingly minimalistic and vocal-driven and really just missed my musical tastes all around. As soon as I started googling the band I realized there was a good chance I'd like their first two albums more than this one and maybe the other two as well. I'm listening to their debut now. It's beautiful. She actually has a nice voice. This is great. I'll revisit this one. Now I'm listening to their second album. It's pleasant background music but only a few of the tracks are really drawing my attention. After the album you sent me they signed to a metal label and got reviewed favorably by my preferred metal website. I was worried she'd continue with the bad vocals, but they seem okay again here. This is still pretty minimalist but it's working much better for me. Even the quiet parts have an underlying tension, the loud parts are crushing, and the overall experience is much more cohesive. Ooh, she's got some air in her lungs now. Guitarist seems to have been listening to a lot of Isis or something. Drumming is punkish, though. I think I like the debut better than this one, but this one is certainly more compelling. And I can't believe how much her vocals have improved between the third and fourth albums. Album is a total one-trick pony, but it's a good trick, and if you only have four songs then maybe that's all you need. The last song was the weakest. I'm mildly annoyed that the reviewer said it's impossible not to give this album your full attention and then that's literally what happened to me when I wasn't planning to listen actively. On to the last album. First track dispensed with minimalism and was giving me Downfall of Gaia/Cult of Luna vibes. Now it's getting boring. And staying boring. At least this one is short. The final track is coming to life, but it's not enough to save this album.

Coming back again to the album you actually sent me and yeah, I have no idea why she's singing that way. I don't like it. The rumbling bass on the first track is nice and the noodley guitar works really well, and those drum parts are effective. If the whole album had continued this way I could have put up with the vocals. But I know that it doesn't, and a bit of spot-checking is confirming to me that a second listen isn't going to go any better than the first. She sounds like she's singing out of tune or something. I honestly think she's just singing bad and that it's not just a me thing. This has to be some sort of stylistic decision, but I just don't understand it.

tbh I don't know why you picked this album. Three of their others ranged from good to great.
    Lmao you didnt like it but went above and beyond the assignment. Anyway interesting feedback, looking forward to listening to yours
    avatar art credit to chardonnay/bland

14. ISO #114
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#113)
    Lmao you didnt like it but went above and beyond the assignment. Anyway interesting feedback, looking forward to listening to yours
    yeah because I thought it would be good if it were dreampop and then wikipedia told me their first two albums actually were dreampop

15. ISO #115
    Timezone
    UTC-09:00
    Community
    Smogon
    AKA
    shub
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Death of an Optimist // Intro sets a sadboy rap tone, and i'm definitely dipping my toes here. I've listened to MGK in the car plenty with my old coworker, and this is exactly the same emotion i felt then.

In Over My Head doesn't get out of that sadboy rap mood. It's got a much better backtrack though, which is to say more upbeat

Identity is the first song here where i'm like "yep, guy with hatred. you're right." and i like it a lot more for it. instead of being depressed, it's manic-depressive. he's not quite screaming, but that style of singing is Good.

Left Behind and Dirty are both kinda whatever. i heard a couple hooks, but none of them really caught me.

The Ballad of G and X // Interlude we went from MGK to TOP, and i don't know that i enjoy that music anymore. when blurryface came out it was one of my most listened for a few weeks, but i just... skip it these days

We Did It!!! is back to MGK vibes, and the production is definitely ramped up here. distortion is his friend for sure

WWIII agrees with me that distortion is his friend, but also lowhanging fruit on lyricism is lowhanging and still tastes sweet

Riptide is fast, in and out, good production.

Pain Shopping

Drop Dead is pretty good, and was the first song where i finally asked myself who the producer was. It's Fueled By Ramen, in case anyone was wondering.

At this point in the album i have it playing in the background while i dig into the production and making of the album, and it's... Honestly it seems like the guy has a decent media support system in place. Critics seemed to like it, and are in the same headspace as i am about the influences and similarities of the album to other artists off FBR's label. Good stuff.

I might come back and listen to a few songs off the album, but it seemed to miss the vibe just a lil bit. thanks for the good reading, if nothing else
    I'm like a Bidoof. Simple, moody, and unaware.

16. ISO #116
    Timezone
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Ide
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    tbh it's probably his worst album but I panicked
    The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

17. ISO #117
    あんた ばか Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I'm behind, so let's start from the beginning. This is not gonna be super well structured lmao

Halsey - Badlands

from @shubaka17

Is Halsey gay? Did I make that up? I'm googling it.

...ah, she's bi. AND she uses she/they. Rad.

Coming into this, the only track off this album I'm consciously aware of is Gasoline, which I'm quite fond of. I think I've also heard Colors at some point in the past, but I don't remember anything about it, so really it doesn't count.

The word that comes to mind to describe Castle is "Netflix-core". It's good, it's a cool vibe, but there's something very TV-show-opening about it. Maybe it reminds me of the song Imagine Dragons did for Arcane, idk. That's probably not a fair criticism at all, but I calls it like I sees it.

Hold Me Down is nothing special, but it's a cool vibe. Probably nothing I'd listen to outside of album context, but it's nice to have on.

New Americana is definitely cheesy, but it's cheesy in a way that I enjoy. I'm noting a pattern with all of these tracks, though, and that's that I wish they did just a little bit more, compositionally; it feels like they all top out around a 6, and I'd like to see them up that number just a bit. Knowing how Gasoline sounds, I'm not suuuuper optimistic about her pulling this off.

That's nitpicky, though. This isn't my favorite album of all time or anything, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

I've decided (just now, lol) that I'm not gonna do a writeup for every track. I'll note my opinions on what Spotify considers the more popular ones, and I'll note any high/lowlights, but I'm listening to the 16-track deluxe edition and quite honestly I can't be bothered to write a thesis on this album LMAO. This post is already long and I'm the 4th damn track...

Oh, Ghost happened. I thought the intro was cool and then I completely zoned out, so I suppose it didn't really grab my interest beyond that. Admittedly I'm multitasking as I work on this, but... I'm always multitasking lmao. ADHD probs.

Ah, yeah, okay, here's Colors. It's... kinda generic, honestly. And again, the level of intensity isn't quite where I typically like my pop music to be. It's like, fine? I just don't think it's particularly interesting.

Oh, Strange Love is cool. Has kind of a different vibe than a lot of the previous tracks, which is refreshing because a lot of them have had very much the Same Vibe. Either this or Castle is probably my favorite track out of the ones I've heard thus far.

Kinda vibing to Haunting. It's catchy. Not much else to say about it. Gasoline also continues to be a jam.

Okay, Control is super cool, but... I keep expecting it to explode and it's not. The entire song is buildup and thus far it hasn't REALLY paid off yet. That said, hold that thought...

...yeah, ok. I'm a little let down by the fact that there's no real climax to the track. Probably still gonna spin it a couple more times to see how I really feel about it, because there are a lot of parts that are super cool, but the overall emotional impact I was hoping for wasn't really there.

I Walk The Line is a cool closer. It dodged my single biggest issue with the album as a whole, which is that a lot of the tracks feel like slight rearrangements of the same idea. I can respect having a consistent sound throughout an album, but the tone and style of a lot of these tracks were so close to each other that other than the most distinctive/memorable tracks I have trouble telling them all apart. Halsey took the "I'm singing in the middle of a wasteland idea" and ran with it all the way into the tunnel and out of the stadium, for better or for worse.

Verdict: would listen to the singles again, probably would skip the album unless I'm in a very specific sort of mood.
    DM Mixolydia#8907 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments (you'll need to friend request me first)
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

18. ISO #118
    @Kane gave me Tyler, the Creators new album "Call Me If You Get Lost".

Rap is not a genre I listen to very much and when I do it's more for uptempo beats than the lyrics/rapping itself. I've never actually listened to anything by Tyler before even though I do know the name. I'll go ahead and give some real time thoughts as I listen. I think I'll be pretty outside my comfort zone on this one but I'm excited by that.

Sir Baudelair – The voice is pleasant to listen to. Surprisingly so. Music that the voice is rapping over just barely existent and not really interesting to me.

Corso – I'm going to comment again at how soothing/pleasant the actual rapping is. Just real smooth. The music itself (beat, whatever you wanna call it) is pretty good too. Pleasantly surprised with this one.

Lemonhead – Music on this one is less interesting to me than on the last one and I'm not a fan of the way the featured artist either.

Wusyaname – Once it actually started this one sounded really good to me. Real laid back music, the featured artists on this one meshed really well, and quite enjoyed the ebb and flow of it between the faster rapping and the chill chorus. This one was the best so far by a lot.

Lumberjack – This one has my favorite line so far (“used to laugh at me/listen to me with their ears closed”) and I'm starting to really vibe with the sound. There's just something – again – soothing about the way the voice works through the lyrics.

Hot Wind Blows – I didn't expect to listen to rapping over a flute (I think its a flute?) but I love it. This one is fascinating to me. It's so … weird? Unique? I've never really heard anything like this. I love it. I went ahead and listened to this one again right after and yeah, it's just something entirely different than I've ever heard. It feels like I should be listening to this in some old timey black and white detective flick while they pan over the city. Some real noir $%#!. This is the highlight so far by a lot.

Massa – We switched back to something super low key but I'm enjoying the story being told in the song . Feels like some very real emotion about past experiences and yeah, the part about the schools still being run down and wondering where all the taxes you're paying are going had me nodding along. Strongest lyrics of any of them so far imo.

Runitup – Don't like this one much. The whole “we gonna run it up” (x35) just turned me off of it before it even really got rolling. I think my biggest takeaway from the album so far is (with a couple small exceptions in Hot Wind Blows and Wusyaname) the featured artists are just the worst parts of the songs. We're ending with more “gonna run it up” (x35) and I'm ready for this one to end.

Manifesto – Eh, this one is probably one that I'd have to listen to a few more times to really get a good handle on. Clearly the lyrics are personal but as a song that I – some random dude that has never listened to anything of his – am listening to it just doesn't mean much to me. Sounds like it's a response to some stuff that happened in the past that I have no idea about. Something with Selena and Beiber? Idk. Beat isn't anything interesting and feels like you needed to be aware of previous drama to know whats going on.

Sweet – This one feels out of place but as I listen to it I kinda like it? It's kind of like three songs back to back to back instead of one song. Definitely different than anything else on this so far but I think it works.

Momma Talk – This exists as a transition between the last song and the next one and thats it

Rise – Another one where there's a pretty heavy portion focused on a collaborator that just doesn't do anything for me. The chorus is bland but the actual verses are pretty solid.

Blessed – Life is $%#!ing beautiful. Nice little positive transition between the last song and the next one.

Juggernaut – I'm not huge on the music in this one (heavy bass!) but I am actually a pretty big fan of the collaborators work here. The rhythm as he picks up speed vibes well.

Wilshire – This one is my favorite music outside of Hot Wind Blows (and that's more due to uniqueness). It complements the vocals perfectly and they mesh into just an immensely pleasant sound. Relaxing. I'm into the way this one is just one long, detailed story. This one is the total package for me. By far my favorite on the album – even if Hot Wind Blows is more exciting due to its uniqueness.

Safari – A bit of a comedown to finish off. This one is just ok. There are parts I find interesting with the music (a couple parts where I think “oh whats that?!”) but the whole thing together is just shrug to me.

Overall thoughts: At the start I thought this was going to be out of my comfort zone and I'd confirm that now that I'm at the end. There were a lot of aspects I liked throughout this whole thing though. Wilshire was by far my favorite song on the album and it's not surprising: It focused on a good consistent beat and let Tyler just tell us a story using his soothing voice and descriptive lyrics. Hot Wind Blows got me to listen to it a second time immediately after hearing it the first one. My favorite collaboration was on Wusyaname. Even the songs that didn't do much for me weren't things I despised or anything. The highlights were high and the lowlights were still mediocre.

I'm glad to have joined this because I never would have listened to this on my own. I don't think I'd ever listen to the album start to finish again but I'll likely be weaving some of my favorite songs into playlists and checking out other works from Tyler to see what else I'd like. I don't really do scores but I think "enjoyed my listen, would explore more from that artist" is the tier I'd drop it in. Thanks!

19. ISO #119
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    MF Doom
    @Kane gave me Tyler, the Creators new album "Call Me If You Get Lost".

Rap is not a genre I listen to very much and when I do it's more for uptempo beats than the lyrics/rapping itself. I've never actually listened to anything by Tyler before even though I do know the name. I'll go ahead and give some real time thoughts as I listen. I think I'll be pretty outside my comfort zone on this one but I'm excited by that.

Sir Baudelair – The voice is pleasant to listen to. Surprisingly so. Music that the voice is rapping over just barely existent and not really interesting to me.

Corso – I'm going to comment again at how soothing/pleasant the actual rapping is. Just real smooth. The music itself (beat, whatever you wanna call it) is pretty good too. Pleasantly surprised with this one.

Lemonhead – Music on this one is less interesting to me than on the last one and I'm not a fan of the way the featured artist either.

Wusyaname – Once it actually started this one sounded really good to me. Real laid back music, the featured artists on this one meshed really well, and quite enjoyed the ebb and flow of it between the faster rapping and the chill chorus. This one was the best so far by a lot.

Lumberjack – This one has my favorite line so far (“used to laugh at me/listen to me with their ears closed”) and I'm starting to really vibe with the sound. There's just something – again – soothing about the way the voice works through the lyrics.

Hot Wind Blows – I didn't expect to listen to rapping over a flute (I think its a flute?) but I love it. This one is fascinating to me. It's so … weird? Unique? I've never really heard anything like this. I love it. I went ahead and listened to this one again right after and yeah, it's just something entirely different than I've ever heard. It feels like I should be listening to this in some old timey black and white detective flick while they pan over the city. Some real noir $%#!. This is the highlight so far by a lot.

Massa – We switched back to something super low key but I'm enjoying the story being told in the song . Feels like some very real emotion about past experiences and yeah, the part about the schools still being run down and wondering where all the taxes you're paying are going had me nodding along. Strongest lyrics of any of them so far imo.

Runitup – Don't like this one much. The whole “we gonna run it up” (x35) just turned me off of it before it even really got rolling. I think my biggest takeaway from the album so far is (with a couple small exceptions in Hot Wind Blows and Wusyaname) the featured artists are just the worst parts of the songs. We're ending with more “gonna run it up” (x35) and I'm ready for this one to end.

Manifesto – Eh, this one is probably one that I'd have to listen to a few more times to really get a good handle on. Clearly the lyrics are personal but as a song that I – some random dude that has never listened to anything of his – am listening to it just doesn't mean much to me. Sounds like it's a response to some stuff that happened in the past that I have no idea about. Something with Selena and Beiber? Idk. Beat isn't anything interesting and feels like you needed to be aware of previous drama to know whats going on.

Sweet – This one feels out of place but as I listen to it I kinda like it? It's kind of like three songs back to back to back instead of one song. Definitely different than anything else on this so far but I think it works.

Momma Talk – This exists as a transition between the last song and the next one and thats it

Rise – Another one where there's a pretty heavy portion focused on a collaborator that just doesn't do anything for me. The chorus is bland but the actual verses are pretty solid.

Blessed – Life is $%#!ing beautiful. Nice little positive transition between the last song and the next one.

Juggernaut – I'm not huge on the music in this one (heavy bass!) but I am actually a pretty big fan of the collaborators work here. The rhythm as he picks up speed vibes well.

Wilshire – This one is my favorite music outside of Hot Wind Blows (and that's more due to uniqueness). It complements the vocals perfectly and they mesh into just an immensely pleasant sound. Relaxing. I'm into the way this one is just one long, detailed story. This one is the total package for me. By far my favorite on the album – even if Hot Wind Blows is more exciting due to its uniqueness.

Safari – A bit of a comedown to finish off. This one is just ok. There are parts I find interesting with the music (a couple parts where I think “oh whats that?!”) but the whole thing together is just shrug to me.

Overall thoughts: At the start I thought this was going to be out of my comfort zone and I'd confirm that now that I'm at the end. There were a lot of aspects I liked throughout this whole thing though. Wilshire was by far my favorite song on the album and it's not surprising: It focused on a good consistent beat and let Tyler just tell us a story using his soothing voice and descriptive lyrics. Hot Wind Blows got me to listen to it a second time immediately after hearing it the first one. My favorite collaboration was on Wusyaname. Even the songs that didn't do much for me weren't things I despised or anything. The highlights were high and the lowlights were still mediocre.

I'm glad to have joined this because I never would have listened to this on my own. I don't think I'd ever listen to the album start to finish again but I'll likely be weaving some of my favorite songs into playlists and checking out other works from Tyler to see what else I'd like. I don't really do scores but I think "enjoyed my listen, would explore more from that artist" is the tier I'd drop it in. Thanks!
    If you liked this, try IGOR. It's less of a rap album, and is by far the smoothest thing I've ever listened to. Glad you liked it!

20. ISO #120
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Loved the track you subbed to my walrus, and the album proves to be more of the same hype. It's good. I enjoy it a lot. It's really well mixed, pleasing balance of propelling drums and clean guitar with some lovely reverb, and the vocal style is expressive and really meshes well with everything. The slower parts like Hula are gorgeous and make the whole album itself quite balanced and appealing to listen through -- the flowing more atmospheric elements, the piano, addition of different vocals, very comfortable vibes, building back up to the epic louder/drum-heavy parts. I really appreciate the structure of the album, starts off loud/fast to suck the listener in, then the middle few tracks start out slow and gradually bring back the hype. Keeps me immersed and it's always so exciting when the drums really kick in. And concluding with the familiar and awesome Bláfjall, I love the drums in it so much aaaaaaa. Lots of really epic moments, really pretty album, ty soah!

I think @roro__b would really like this too tbh

21. ISO #121
    Timezone
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    he or idc at all
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#120)
    Sólstafir - Berdreyminn
    listening to it now!!!

22. ISO #122
    Community
    2+2
    @vanity. rec'd More More More by MADMADMAD. never heard this band at all. gave this about 2 listens before writing up my thoughts (which are not much i know but i suck w words sorry)

snake bass has a few thigns that just sound like bad recording/audio, though i know its part of the song. maybe i was listening too loud, but it did bug me a bit. i still like the general vibe of the song. van promises this album will get me to move/dance around and so far i'm head bopping to this one but nothing too crazy yet.

doggy hiccups is a lot more fun for me. the build and rhythms are leading to a lot more satisfying places than the previous song. my legs are now involved in the head bopping. if someone else was watching me listen they might assume i was anxious but i am just really liking this song.

cookiki is anice transition. the halfway transition to really deep bass was a lot of fun, but then the literal bass drop and transition to part 2 of the song was really well done and piqued my interest in a way that i don't think this music normally would since a lot of this instrumental electronic music can be fairly ~the same when not paying a ton of attention. obviously i am here, but i think this would still catch my attention if i wasn't a little less of an active listener. my fav song so far.

bogey night -- liking some of the faint funk vibes layered below the rest of the mix. i kind of wish they explored this a bit more.

shrimpman - continuing the vibe of the previous songs. i like it, i don't love it. this is probably a me problem at this point and a lot of the music is just blurring together. which is to say, i am still enjoying it. i am still bopping my head and anxiously jabbering my feet, but the impact is less about the song at hand and more about the general vibe.

autre & p-dog -- these caught my attention again.

i love myself - very strong finish. possibly my favorite song on the album -- tough call between cookiki. the transition about 2/3rds in is another sweet spot for me. any instant transitions in a song i'm gonna love. this one builds well to it and then finishes the album strong.

really happy with this recommendation. i'd give this a 7.7 on a scale of 10. this is not my normal type of music, but isn't that exactly what we're all looking for anyway? i don't think i've found something i'd return to often with this in terms of full album listening--one of the things i struggle with is differentiating between these types of songs because i'm generally going to be less attentive if this type of music is on, otherwise i'd probably listen to something with lyrics. but this has enough interesting bits in it for me to sprinkle a few of the songs into some work/study playlists where i need to just get stuff done and enjoy some tunes.

i did in fact get my body moving a few times to this album, so i'm happy to confirm im not a robit

23. ISO #123
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i listened to the daniela andrade's "shore" (which appears to be a visual EP - will need to watch the music videos to see if they add to my enjoyment!) a couple of times. some general thoughts:

"digital age" is a very strong opener - it has a jazzy, free-flowing vibe to it, but it builds tension in a very clever way by having this repeated, staggered percussion intercept the song every few bars, culminating in a surprisingly chill saxophone(?) solo. i feel like this song was building to something bigger than what it ended up being, but i still thought it was excellent

"sound" has a lovely bassline and a very strong hook - lots of cool rhythmic stuff in this song, and i like how creative the arrangement gets. i didnt like this one quite as much as "digital age", cause i think the song loses some of its luster by the time the final chorus rolls around, but it's a pleasant song with a great vibe

not crazy about the hook in "come around" - there's just a bit too much going on in the chorus, and it contrasts a bit awkwardly with how minimalistic the verses are. comes across as a bit messy. not really into this one

"shore" has some incredibly pretty guitar playing, and it uses minimalism incredibly effectively to highlight daniela's haunting voice (at one point cutting out the instruments entirely and letting daniela sing acapella for a bar or two). this one has a very haunting melody

all in all, i enjoyed "shore", even though i tend to prefer my singer-songwriter music with a little more rawness/grit to it. it's a solid 3/5, and i can see myself coming back to some of the songs (particularly shore)

24. ISO #124
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    MF Doom

Blue Schollars - Cinemetropolis

So, I am instantly getting some lupe fiasco vibes off these guys. Which depending on the person is either really good or really bad. Luckily I actually like lupe fiasco.
    My biggest complaint is that I'm on song 4 right now and they really all sound samey.

The guy doing the rapper isn't terrible although sometimes he's a bit corny, I think my biggest gripe is that alot of these beats aren't all that interesting as a back track.

Fav Tracks :Marion Sunshine, Cinemetropolis, Yuri Kochiyama, Tommy Chong
    Least Fav Tracks : Oskar Barnack

The Rest kind of all just sit there as something that isn't special enough to stand out and not bad enough hate.

Starts out somewhat strong but overstays it's welcome and the gimmick of rapping over the same uninspiring techno beats tends to get pretty dated after a while.

Final Score?
    Strong 5 to a light 6

It's a bit too much for me to really enjoy as background music but If this is your kinda thing I'd imagine you'd like the entire album because it's largely the same.

25. ISO #125
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    yes hi im sure this is obv by now but i want to post abt it anyways

too busy this last week, didnt get around to putting up a new doc and stuff with the things, consider this a week off to finish any leftover album exchanges you haven't finished & whatnot

its thanksgiving week anyways for you americans so not the worst week for it to happen on. I will 100% be back in a day or two with a new doc form

while i'm here though, what are peoples thoughts on the different exchange methods. Do people prefer to get an album at random or know who they're exchanging with ahead of time? Just an informal survey

26. ISO #126
    I kinda like not knowing because it takes off the pressure to try to cater to someone's tastes. Aside from being more work it seems to me like it'd backfire pretty often.

27. ISO #127
    Timezone
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Ide
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    ye I like the randomness since it further encourages weird $%#! being submitted

28. ISO #128
    i prefer random ye

29. ISO #129
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    @TripleHaven i didnt get around to revising my initial thoughts this week and I just want to get this out of the way so here ya go

saoirse dream - everything*
    5.5/10

Did you make this yourself? The most viewed song off this album has like 150 views.

anything - pretty standard soundcloud rap stuff. nothing especially interesting here, does it decently, but I've heard better. Production is pretty damn boring on this track honestly. Vocals meanderingly bleh

portal (ft. anna glyphs) - Production finally jumps into life a bit. Vocals still don't hit that MMPH that I expect for music in this vein. But it's fun. The build to the ending is nice. Not sure i like the breakdown at the end as much

Darkroom (ft. daywaiter) - the feature is much better than the awkwardly meh vocals of the chorus. Those maracas are very out of time. Other than that pretty standard beat you'd find for free online

want - always down for a talking sample at the start. Sad boy accoustic guitar rap. A little too melodramatic teen angst for me. "I'll throw my life awaaaaay for one good $%#!" is a trash bar. Just trash. Speak up man. This is like if MGK got really into hyper pop. The guitars are nice. Chorus is catchier than the rest of the song but still nothing special.

idiot - yay more breakcore. That sounds sarcastic but its the best stuff on the album. Then back to sad harmonies. Meh, vocals just aren't very interesting across this whole thing I've decided. Bass boosted bass sounds kinda fun. I heard the Undertale battle sfx they snuck in there. Song clicks halfway through better, hits a nice groove. Outro is $%#!in dope though, wish there was more of that on the album

just like you - never liked this super cutesy high pitched vocal affect. Not bad, just never been my cup of tea. Backing track alright, could see this one getting stuck in my head maybe. Better writing

upset (ft. 7aurenner) - is aight, some really eesh vocals towards end, not quite hitting notes even through autotune. Better writing than earlier on the album for sure at least

pity/nothing - Nice jam at the start. cool switchup abt 1 min in, wasn't expecting it in a good way. Dope swap back too. Wish they did more with it. Ending is nice too, though lyrics aren't quite as on it as that first hit, sound a little cornier. Fav track tho for sure, shows a little more writing chops compared to the other stuff which sounds a little more in line with what i've heard from the genre just later to the game and worse.

nomore (ft. anna glyphs) - Super by the numbers beat on the intro, not BAD, just nothing crazy. Builds up aight ig, lmao @ the old memes thrown in there. Actually really nice piano outro out of left field which i appreciate

Whole album feels very very dltzk inspired, which taking a quick peak at their soundcloud there seems to be a connection there and I'm sure they'd agree. But I don't think that she's quite broken out of that mold and come into her own yet or somethin. I dunno, maybe the influence goes the other way, hard to tell with this internet stuff that comes out at the same time. But dltzk def uses it to more interesting ways and overall is just a stronger lyricist/songwriter. ATM it just feels like its derivative/a worse version. Actually this just makes me want to go listen to Teen Week again, which has better individual songs and ALSO just flows way better.

Funny because I almost sent you that album when I saw you sent me a hyperpop thing lol.

30. ISO #130
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Every other week is probably more sustainable anyway. I haven't listened to my past one yet.

31. ISO #131
    Timezone
    AKA
    GOAT Cat
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#129)
    @TripleHaven i didnt get around to revising my initial thoughts this week and I just want to get this out of the way so here ya go

5.5/10

Did you make this yourself? The most viewed song off this album has like 150 views.

anything - pretty standard soundcloud rap stuff. nothing especially interesting here, does it decently, but I've heard better. Production is pretty damn boring on this track honestly. Vocals meanderingly bleh

portal (ft. anna glyphs) - Production finally jumps into life a bit. Vocals still don't hit that MMPH that I expect for music in this vein. But it's fun. The build to the ending is nice. Not sure i like the breakdown at the end as much

Darkroom (ft. daywaiter) - the feature is much better than the awkwardly meh vocals of the chorus. Those maracas are very out of time. Other than that pretty standard beat you'd find for free online

want - always down for a talking sample at the start. Sad boy accoustic guitar rap. A little too melodramatic teen angst for me. "I'll throw my life awaaaaay for one good $%#!" is a trash bar. Just trash. Speak up man. This is like if MGK got really into hyper pop. The guitars are nice. Chorus is catchier than the rest of the song but still nothing special.

idiot - yay more breakcore. That sounds sarcastic but its the best stuff on the album. Then back to sad harmonies. Meh, vocals just aren't very interesting across this whole thing I've decided. Bass boosted bass sounds kinda fun. I heard the Undertale battle sfx they snuck in there. Song clicks halfway through better, hits a nice groove. Outro is $%#!in dope though, wish there was more of that on the album

just like you - never liked this super cutesy high pitched vocal affect. Not bad, just never been my cup of tea. Backing track alright, could see this one getting stuck in my head maybe. Better writing

upset (ft. 7aurenner) - is aight, some really eesh vocals towards end, not quite hitting notes even through autotune. Better writing than earlier on the album for sure at least

pity/nothing - Nice jam at the start. cool switchup abt 1 min in, wasn't expecting it in a good way. Dope swap back too. Wish they did more with it. Ending is nice too, though lyrics aren't quite as on it as that first hit, sound a little cornier. Fav track tho for sure, shows a little more writing chops compared to the other stuff which sounds a little more in line with what i've heard from the genre just later to the game and worse.

nomore (ft. anna glyphs) - Super by the numbers beat on the intro, not BAD, just nothing crazy. Builds up aight ig, lmao @ the old memes thrown in there. Actually really nice piano outro out of left field which i appreciate

Whole album feels very very dltzk inspired, which taking a quick peak at their soundcloud there seems to be a connection there and I'm sure they'd agree. But I don't think that she's quite broken out of that mold and come into her own yet or somethin. I dunno, maybe the influence goes the other way, hard to tell with this internet stuff that comes out at the same time. But dltzk def uses it to more interesting ways and overall is just a stronger lyricist/songwriter. ATM it just feels like its derivative/a worse version. Actually this just makes me want to go listen to Teen Week again, which has better individual songs and ALSO just flows way better.

Funny because I almost sent you that album when I saw you sent me a hyperpop thing lol.
    I agree with you on this one; and I think the album itself is like a 6/10 with some ~not good stuff thrown in there (I generally agree that the lyrics aren't great but I do like saoirse dreams vocals) I love the breakcore stuff, and it sounds like i shouldve just given you an album of that instead lol (which makes me consider the fact that I've never listened to a full breakcore album... huh). I actually think pity/nothing is my least favorite of the album, idiot & portal are the ones that stuck with me past first few listens mostly so I'm glad you at least liked those. And no I didn't make the album lol, most of my music taste comes from soundcloud autoplay so usually the music I like has more streams there then on YouTube.

I'll get to reviewing the album you sent you sent me soon, I've listened to about half the songs you sent me and it feels like anything I say about it would be dumb so I've been putting it off but I promise ya
    HEY $%#!S
    Since some people obviously don't know this, even though it should be BASIC COMMON SENSE, I guess i have to point it out. if you are PR, and are about to be misyeeted, YOU NEED TO CLAIM. You need to claim with at least 45 seconds, preferably 1 minute left so that people have time to refresh and unvote you. If you claim at 30 seconds, if you claim at 15 seconds, if you don't claim at all, YOU WILL BE MISYEETED. PR staying alive is extremely important for town. There was a post on the general mafia forum about win rates when PR is yeeted D1 in turbos and its 1/14 or some $%#!.

I'm not going to call this gamethrowing, because some new players might not understand how important PR is to a setup, and others come from sites where you can't claim as PR. But please, for the love of god, claim if you're being killed. Thank you.

Copypasta over.
    Just picture King Bowser wearing baggy cargo pants, and trying to shove an enormous fluffy and supremely enraged kitty into his pockets all game, and all that happens is the cat keeps biting him and clawing him and tearing up his scaly flesh, while hissing and screeching with rage the whole time.

Yet King Bowser is just as stubborn and insists the kitty goes in his pocket, despite numerous failed attempts.

In the end, kitty was never pocketed. Did not survive the process, but left Bowser bloody and shredded and looking quite the fool.

Then everyone else in town is like, dude, Bowser, what happened to your faaaaaace. And your cat.

32. ISO #132
    album review: how to disappear completely - mer de revs ii

@Visorslash

sorry man, ambient really doesn't do it for me, bits of it are kinda pretty but overall it's just way way too slow for me. I don't have the time or inclination to go sit in a sensory deprivation pod and meditate so that I can actually form a meaningful opinion on this one.

I find it impossible to discern the difference between 'good' ambient and 'bad' ambient, as well. the concept of certain ambient albums being better than others baffles me

33. ISO #133
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#131)

5.5/10

I agree with you on this one; and I think the album itself is like a 6/10 with some ~not good stuff thrown in there (I generally agree that the lyrics aren't great but I do like saoirse dreams vocals) I love the breakcore stuff, and it sounds like i shouldve just given you an album of that instead lol (which makes me consider the fact that I've never listened to a full breakcore album... huh). I actually think pity/nothing is my least favorite of the album, idiot & portal are the ones that stuck with me past first few listens mostly so I'm glad you at least liked those. And no I didn't make the album lol, most of my music taste comes from soundcloud autoplay so usually the music I like has more streams there then on YouTube.

I'll get to reviewing the album you sent you sent me soon, I've listened to about half the songs you sent me and it feels like anything I say about it would be dumb so I've been putting it off but I promise ya
    @TripleHave have you heard dltzk - Teen Week

34. ISO #134
    Timezone
    AKA
    GOAT Cat
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#133)

5.5/10

Probably some one off tracks from it VIA autoplay but not as a whole no, and I really should check it out
    HEY $%#!S

Copypasta over.

35. ISO #135
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#134)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#133)

5.5/10

Probably some one off tracks from it VIA autoplay but not as a whole no, and I really should check it out
    its very good and would be right up your alley. Only like 20 minutes too so short listen

36. ISO #136
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc

37. ISO #137
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i guess i’ll make some fast comments on squid’s bright green field because i gave it a listen and do want to listen to it more before i give additional comments, but this small comment will have to do for now.

the record was interesting for most of its runtime, but i’m unsure of how much of it i’d call great. my two biggest issues with the album are the vocals and the lyricism. the vocals are very b52-ish, to get the obvious comparison out of the way, but i just felt at times that the vocals were trying a bit too hard to be eccentric.

i also think the lyricism uses repetition in a way i don’t vibe with. especially on a track like paddling, where the repetition of certain lines along with the second person perspective in the lyrics is something that just intensely bugs me for whatever reason.

there were a lot of great songs, though. narrator, documentary filmmaker, and global groove were all great songs. that’s just scratching the surface for me. i’ll make a more specific post on the album when i have time but i liked a lot of the post-punk-isms, i liked a lot of the dance punk-isms, and it overall was an interesting record. but there were times where i wish i was listening to black country new roads lol

again, will make a more specific post when i have more time like i did with the three trapped tigers record (which btw, is still a great record. i’m having fun relistening to it randomly)

38. ISO #138
    I don't really see a good way to submit an album here that is likely to be appreciated by the recipient without taking a lot of liberties on fitting the theme.

39. ISO #139
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    Quote Originally Posted by soah (#138)
    I don't really see a good way to submit an album here that is likely to be appreciated by the recipient without taking a lot of liberties on fitting the theme.
    i mean multiple ppl each time have been completely unaware there was a theme at all so if you have to stretch it a bit thats probably fine

40. ISO #140
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    I'm out until 2022; need to start working on my year end list. I'll still listen to mnin's submission.

41. ISO #141
    just popping in to say i listened to daughter live @air studios for eph's submission from last week. I liked it

I also found out I already knew them lol

youth and still were my fav songs. More detailed write up to come when I have time

42. ISO #142
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    also i just realized i forgot to add a "tastes" section so i'll just use what ppl said the previous week(s) considering we've had multiple at this point

43. ISO #143
    Timezone
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    he or idc at all
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#142)
    also i just realized i forgot to add a "tastes" section so i'll just use what ppl said the previous week(s) considering we've had multiple at this point
    if you were rocking youd be LordQuartz

44. ISO #144
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i dont really know how to pick for this theme lol

45. ISO #145
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    idc
    « Week 4: Criminally Underrated »
    Week 4 Album Exchange: Criminally Underrated!

Welcome back after the short break! This week the theme was a Criminally Underrated album. Bit of a smaller crowd than usual, hope everyone enjoyed their holidays! Anyhow, pairings are

@staypositivefriend Laura Stevenson and the Cans - Sit Resist
    Incredibly sharp and gorgeous singer-songerwriter/indie pop album that is criminally underappreciated and contains masterpiece after masterpiece

with
    @soah Kauan - Sorni Nai
    Post-metal/post-rock. Rather than trying to fit this theme by submitting an album that's disliked by people who have heard it, I'm going to submit one that's considered a masterpiece by those who have heard it but not enough people have actually heard it.

(and for the record soah, I'd say that fits theme! -Quas)

@Sunbae Stars - In Our Bedroom After The War
    A classic mid-2000s indie pop album that I spent tons of time listening to yet never really gets mentioned anymore when that era comes up.

with
    @ladd No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
    it's just pure fun. guilty pleasure of mine

@vanity. Q and Not U - No Kill No Beep Beep
    i could probably rave about this album for hours. it’s so fun, bright, absurd, technical, physical, infectious… that might be enough adjectives. it’s basically post-hardcore with influences coming from dance music, and maybe a touch of pop punk and math rock. it won’t be for everyone. the vocals can be a bit hard to get into, and if you want vaguely meaningful lyrics, you won’t get them here. the lyrics on this album are about as nonsensical as possible. but if you want a record with fantastically catchy songwriting, undeniably sporadic grooves, and one of the most unique performance styles you’ll find from any band, then look no further. seriously, i can’t find another band that plays like these guys lol.

and
    @roro__b Woodpigeon - Thumbtacks and Glue
    It's indie pop, and i genuinely find something appealing about pretty much all their sonks, easy great listen with a lot of songs that make you go "hey i need to check out more of this artist"

@Visorslash YĪN YĪN - The Rabbit That Hunts Tigers
    yeehaw

and
    @Kane Kenny Segal - Ken Can Cook
    Westcoast Underground HipHop. It's the second best concept album made after food, (Sorry Pop Food, you can have third). Lots of good artists that may have not been able to break into the mainstream. I'm not sure if this is actually underrated more just something that hasn't gotten to exposure that it deserves, but rate your music gave it a really run of the mill score for such a good album. People tend to compare it to mmm food, but it can be it's own thing.

@lute Will Wood and the Tapeworms - Self-Ish
    it's wack as hell

and
    @LordQuas The Armed - Only Love
    The 2nd album from The Armed, brings a lot of similar ideas and fusions of noise/hardcore/pop that appear later on Ultrapop but with a totally different feel to it. If you like Ultrapop, go back and listen to the band's old stuff its good too!

@MyNameIsNothing Shakarchi and Straneus - Steal Chickens From Men and the Future From God
    light and bouncy deep house album from a few years back that deserves so much more love. catchy repetitive loops and wildly fun samples that draw you in and dont let u go.

and
    @Ampharos The Mountain Goats - Beat The Champ
    john darnielle plays acoustic guitar and sings about wrestling, mostly. "criminally underrated" in the sense that this is one of my favorite TMG albums and i don't think that's a sentiment most people share lmao

@shubaka17 Bronze - Aquarium
    a lil kpop city pop goin on. Bronze the producer went ahead and grabbed a bunch of indie artists for the vocals and collabs, making each song with the vocalists. the very first song is my favorite, a collab with LUNA, but the whole way through it's very relaxed and funky.

and
    @nutella Paul Simon - The Rhythm of the Saints
    Everyone loves Graceland, but I think Rhythm of the Saints is sadly rather overlooked and has many of Simon's best songs. A lot of these tracks were favorites of mine growing up and showcase his songwriting talent with catchy hooks and expressive instrumentation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pAB-g9tZLj16kq0TyKVtVFMXf1eDnE1Eu7443WVU1mQ/edit?usp=sharing
    As always, the link to the full spreadsheet as usual. Excited about this week, some cool stuff sent around that I'mma have to check out on my own.

With that said, what do we think about moving towards a bi-weekly schedule, I heard some people mention they preferred the week off/extra week to listen to the album. Do people like the one album a week thing or would a week off be nice? I'm fine either way, just wanted to float the option out there

46. ISO #146
    hell. yes. i get to listen to tragic kingdom today.

before i do, shout out to my favorite live performance of all time

47. ISO #147
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

48. ISO #148
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    man i still want to listen to everything everyone subbed but i havent even done so for the first couple weeks, just gonna be a long term backlog thing

49. ISO #149
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

50. ISO #150
    australia banned anime No Anime's Avatar