Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 5248

Thread: Best Flavor 13er

View Game in Database
  1. ISO #101
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    amrock's opener is really wolfy and no one is talking about it

  2. ISO #102
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#90)
    incidentally, p#42 also feels like a more egregious version of what spf was saying kat was wolfy for but spf didn’t comment on it

    i dunno, i honestly don’t really like spf’s post on kat because i feel like it’s very easy to push a villager for “tryharding” as a wolf and kat’s posts on van rang true enough to me

    but maybe i’m the one who’s wrong
    42 seems like plausibly a genuine thought that occurred to the person making it

    48 doesn't, really

    that's it

    not sure what your hang-up is
    you don’t see how katze could be conflicted on vanity’s alignment in that way given what she posted up to that point? it made perfect sense to me and i was thinking the same thing when she posted it

    i still am kinda, but am coming down on more the villagery side now

  3. ISO #103
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    17,315
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    if anything i think what i've done so far has had positive results, regardless of the quality of what i have posted

    i think zack and kat are degrees of villagery, and i have no gauge on anything else

    i'd prefer if you told me what's wrong instead of just asserting that it is, if anything that would make me understand how you're processing my posts better. i don't need a dissertation, just a general view into your process

  4. ISO #104
    GOAT Tier Apogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11,686
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    GiTP / MU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#64)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#63)
    i almost posted like 3-4 paragraphs of why i'm gutreading kat as a villager but instead of doing that i'm just going to say i'm gutreading her as a villager currently
    is this one of those "wolf says something to give the impression they're thinking and doing a lot behind the scenes without having to actually do or show that in any tangible way" posts?
    Don’t think those posts often include paragraph numbers

    Based on like getting lambasted for doing this kinda thing last game, and then like idk in general

  5. ISO #105
    GOAT Tier Apogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11,686
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    GiTP / MU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#68)
    i know this is a bad read and nobody is allowed to question me about it
    Why’d you add this?

  6. ISO #106
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#97)
    I don't understand why those two posts are comparable in the first place or why you keep insisting 42 is worse than 48

    they're two completely different posts?
    they’re comparable through the lens of spf’s read on katze

    spf wolf read katze for being the first to force content because wolves feel pressure to try hard and make reads early, yeah?

    so i was pointing out that imo vanity’s p#42 comes off as a more egregious example of what spf was talking about than katze’s p#48

    and spf responded by saying that she thought p#42 was a joke and p#48 wasn’t, which seems implausible to me as an explanation because if anything p#48 comes off as more jokey and p#42 comes off as clearly serious (at least to me)

    my broader point is “i don’t vibe with spf’s read on kat and feel like it’s an easy thing for a wolf to push a villager on” so i’m trying to drill down into the read a bit

  7. ISO #107
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#90)
    incidentally, p#42 also feels like a more egregious version of what spf was saying kat was wolfy for but spf didn’t comment on it

    i dunno, i honestly don’t really like spf’s post on kat because i feel like it’s very easy to push a villager for “tryharding” as a wolf and kat’s posts on van rang true enough to me

    but maybe i’m the one who’s wrong
    yeah i mean, i think youre right that the posts are similar on a surface level, but katze deciding to pressure vanity felt a lot more rushed and inauthentic to me than vanity casually wondering if zack was trying to pull a reaction test. katze's pressure toward vanity felt a lot more "random" to me, in part because i didn't get pinged by vanity in the first place and didnt really understand where she was coming from

    but honestly im finding it hard to articulate why i find katze wolfy in the first place, which is usually a red flag that i'm grasping at straws

  8. ISO #108
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#102)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#90)
    incidentally, p#42 also feels like a more egregious version of what spf was saying kat was wolfy for but spf didn’t comment on it

    i dunno, i honestly don’t really like spf’s post on kat because i feel like it’s very easy to push a villager for “tryharding” as a wolf and kat’s posts on van rang true enough to me

    but maybe i’m the one who’s wrong
    42 seems like plausibly a genuine thought that occurred to the person making it

    48 doesn't, really

    that's it

    not sure what your hang-up is
    you don’t see how katze could be conflicted on vanity’s alignment in that way given what she posted up to that point? it made perfect sense to me and i was thinking the same thing when she posted it

    i still am kinda, but am coming down on more the villagery side now
    that's not really what she was doing tho. "you're super obvious mafia" "you're openwolfing" "someone figure out if twbwtwbtwbtwbtwbtbatbaw means van is town"

    that did not seem particularly genuine, no. (vanity's posting at that point seemed pretty unremarkable regardless)

  9. ISO #109
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#99)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#88)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#87)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#75)
    i kinda liked that series of posts from kat actually because i was having that same thought process reading van’s early posts lol

    why is the post you linked wolfy for that and not, say, p#43?
    the main difference to me is that p#43 is internally directed (ie: "i think that this thing might be happening") whereas p#48 is directed to the rest of the thread (ie: "someone else should figure out if vanity is towny or wolfy)
    oh, i thought that p#43 was actually p#42 when i was writing this post

    i guess that p#42 is wolfy in a similar way but it still feels more like a "joke" than p#48 does
    you think p#42 feels more like a joke than p#48? wat
    no, i meant p#43 but i keep mixing them up in my head lol

  10. ISO #110
    GOAT Tier Apogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11,686
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    GiTP / MU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Lemme talk about van and hally after dinner and staring at the Grand Canyon some more

  11. ISO #111
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#98)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#96)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#84)
    also, tbh, this game isn't about finding who's posting the worst or the best, because that's useless. good or bad posts don't indicate alignment unless you're explicitly clarifying you're using the terms in that way.

    that's just my opinion though and i get this is slightly semantic in nature. regardless, i don't equate good posts to villagery posts, because i think a villager can post poorly and a wolf can post really well. in fact, it's inevitable that in post-game, we go "wow, x wolf posted so well!"

    anyways, that's enough of that tangent
    i really don’t want to keep beating this horse but every post you make just feels like you’re trying so hard to force yourself to post something

    do you think a game with this playerlist needs to be told this?

    you keep doing it though so i’m inclined to chalk it up to playstyle
    then expound upon what's wrong with p#73
    i think it’s a playstyle clash and not AI so i don’t really feel like it, sorry

  12. ISO #112
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee (#105)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#68)
    i know this is a bad read and nobody is allowed to question me about it
    Why’d you add this?
    because i felt kind of silly while i was writing it out but decided to post it anyway

  13. ISO #113
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    zack is a villager

  14. ISO #114
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#103)
    if anything i think what i've done so far has had positive results, regardless of the quality of what i have posted

    i think zack and kat are degrees of villagery, and i have no gauge on anything else

    i'd prefer if you told me what's wrong instead of just asserting that it is, if anything that would make me understand how you're processing my posts better. i don't need a dissertation, just a general view into your process
    i just feel like you’re trying to force stuff and the way you’re approaching stuff feels off because of it

    i don’t want to harp on it anymore because i’ve gotten over it already

    sorry if i was too harsh at first

  15. ISO #115
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    17,315
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee (#105)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#68)
    i know this is a bad read and nobody is allowed to question me about it
    Why’d you add this?
    i actually think this is a good and possibly villagery question from apogee because i didn't see anything unorthodox about the reads in that spf post. if anything this sentence seemed to contrast the reads themselves because the reads themselves felt reasonable and possibly held validity in a broad sense

    though reviewing them as to what they mean for kat's alignment, imo it's sorta nothing for kat specifically. just because i don't think kat forcing reads is something that's out of the ordinary for v!her

  16. ISO #116
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    17,315
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#111)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#98)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#96)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#84)
    also, tbh, this game isn't about finding who's posting the worst or the best, because that's useless. good or bad posts don't indicate alignment unless you're explicitly clarifying you're using the terms in that way.

    that's just my opinion though and i get this is slightly semantic in nature. regardless, i don't equate good posts to villagery posts, because i think a villager can post poorly and a wolf can post really well. in fact, it's inevitable that in post-game, we go "wow, x wolf posted so well!"

    anyways, that's enough of that tangent
    i really don’t want to keep beating this horse but every post you make just feels like you’re trying so hard to force yourself to post something

    do you think a game with this playerlist needs to be told this?

    you keep doing it though so i’m inclined to chalk it up to playstyle
    then expound upon what's wrong with p#73
    i think it’s a playstyle clash and not AI so i don’t really feel like it, sorry
    i'm just a bit confused on why we're not on the same page given that you seemed to think that good posts =/= villagery posts is obvious

    all i'm saying with 73 is that your post tended to run on the commentary side, but whether that makes you a wolf or not is nebulous at the time being

  17. ISO #117
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,622
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    im getting sexually harassed in valorant this is what the kids would call basn't

    the fact you're struggling to parse P#48 as a joke is something i'd call outting if i were being dramatic but i am instead being katze so it's just very silly

    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#108)
    that's not really what she was doing tho. "you're super obvious mafia" "you're openwolfing" "someone figure out if twbwtwbtwbtwbtwbtbatbaw means van is town"
    i didn't say it might make her town i said someone else figure out what it makes her

    lol

  18. ISO #118
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    i’m just gonna respond to this all in one go and then i don’t want to waste more posts on it

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#107)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#90)
    incidentally, p#42 also feels like a more egregious version of what spf was saying kat was wolfy for but spf didn’t comment on it

    i dunno, i honestly don’t really like spf’s post on kat because i feel like it’s very easy to push a villager for “tryharding” as a wolf and kat’s posts on van rang true enough to me

    but maybe i’m the one who’s wrong
    yeah i mean, i think youre right that the posts are similar on a surface level, but katze deciding to pressure vanity felt a lot more rushed and inauthentic to me than vanity casually wondering if zack was trying to pull a reaction test. katze's pressure toward vanity felt a lot more "random" to me, in part because i didn't get pinged by vanity in the first place and didnt really understand where she was coming from

    but honestly im finding it hard to articulate why i find katze wolfy in the first place, which is usually a red flag that i'm grasping at straws
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#108)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#102)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#90)
    incidentally, p#42 also feels like a more egregious version of what spf was saying kat was wolfy for but spf didn’t comment on it

    i dunno, i honestly don’t really like spf’s post on kat because i feel like it’s very easy to push a villager for “tryharding” as a wolf and kat’s posts on van rang true enough to me

    but maybe i’m the one who’s wrong
    42 seems like plausibly a genuine thought that occurred to the person making it

    48 doesn't, really

    that's it

    not sure what your hang-up is
    you don’t see how katze could be conflicted on vanity’s alignment in that way given what she posted up to that point? it made perfect sense to me and i was thinking the same thing when she posted it

    i still am kinda, but am coming down on more the villagery side now
    that's not really what she was doing tho. "you're super obvious mafia" "you're openwolfing" "someone figure out if twbwtwbtwbtwbtwbtbatbaw means van is town"

    that did not seem particularly genuine, no. (vanity's posting at that point seemed pretty unremarkable regardless)
    maybe i have a different view on this because vanity’s posts initially struck me as wolfy like katze and neither of you shared that impression, so i vibed with kat’s thoughts and y’all didn’t

    i’ve come around since so it’s w/e to me

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#109)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#99)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#88)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#87)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#75)
    i kinda liked that series of posts from kat actually because i was having that same thought process reading van’s early posts lol

    why is the post you linked wolfy for that and not, say, p#43?
    the main difference to me is that p#43 is internally directed (ie: "i think that this thing might be happening") whereas p#48 is directed to the rest of the thread (ie: "someone else should figure out if vanity is towny or wolfy)
    oh, i thought that p#43 was actually p#42 when i was writing this post

    i guess that p#42 is wolfy in a similar way but it still feels more like a "joke" than p#48 does
    you think p#42 feels more like a joke than p#48? wat
    no, i meant p#43 but i keep mixing them up in my head lol
    ok, i guess it checks out then

  19. ISO #119
    I unironically don't understand how SPF could have a wolfread on katze by p#59 and it reminds me of the terrible wolfread they had early in the game last wolfgame. P#68 feels like it's in the same floaty fashion as well (I might double check that later). The way they are backtracking by saying it might be a terrible read (p#107) reminds me of last game when they were a wolf too.

    I agree with p#90 by Hally

    ##Vote staypositivefriend

    With the caveat that I've played with SPF only one time and they were a wolf, so this could possibly potentially be a playstyle type thing that they do as both alignments. But, well, it's the first 3 pages of day 1, so

    I don't really get why Zack is townreading or agreeing with the wolfread but i don't really think it's too AI for zack

    With that being said, p#93 from Katze is how I respond to these kind of pushes as mafia a lot. So idk tbh

    Inb4 w/w

    Other thoughts: Vanity seems really awkward, which might be slightly villagery for them? They were smooth as butter and kinda under the radar the last time I saw them wolf. Posts like #42 and #67 ping me as both overtly wolfy and TWTBAW (I'm not as good as newcomb to differentiate them instantly) so honestly I don't know how to read Vanity right now. P#48 is actually a good summation of my thoughts tbvvqfh

    Zack getting into the game p#32 is meh to me, I don't really associate v!zack with getting into the game early and I feel like he memes more when he's a villager. I did a quick cross check with the light game I played with him a couple years ago and he did indeed start getting serious later in the game. With that being said I have enough skill points not to bank on flimsy meta reads like this and I also don't really have a problem with any of zack's posts so far (besides p#80 just being bizzare tbh) . Zack would be null to me probably if I had to gun to head

    @Apogee what did you mean by p#40 ?

    Hally seems ~fine so far but nothing super villagery. Although I kinda like p#43 I've gotten baited into village reading snap reactions like that that good wolfies can replicate. I'm also early mindmelding with them a lot so I guess if I had to gun to head I'd call villager but I'm open to changing this read


    I probably won't be poisting a lot tonight because the Georiga v alabama game is on #GoDawgs

  20. ISO #120
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    so i’m an obvious villager already, right?

  21. ISO #121
    Prison Mike Empoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    22,723
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Gender
    ##Vote Amrock

    Zoom

  22. ISO #122
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#119)
    I unironically don't understand how SPF could have a wolfread on katze by p#59 and it reminds me of the terrible wolfread they had early in the game last wolfgame. P#68 feels like it's in the same floaty fashion as well (I might double check that later). The way they are backtracking by saying it might be a terrible read (p#107) reminds me of last game when they were a wolf too.

    I agree with p#90 by Hally

    ##Vote staypositivefriend

    With the caveat that I've played with SPF only one time and they were a wolf, so this could possibly potentially be a playstyle type thing that they do as both alignments. But, well, it's the first 3 pages of day 1, so

    I don't really get why Zack is townreading or agreeing with the wolfread but i don't really think it's too AI for zack

    With that being said, p#93 from Katze is how I respond to these kind of pushes as mafia a lot. So idk tbh

    Inb4 w/w

    Other thoughts: Vanity seems really awkward, which might be slightly villagery for them? They were smooth as butter and kinda under the radar the last time I saw them wolf. Posts like #42 and #67 ping me as both overtly wolfy and TWTBAW (I'm not as good as newcomb to differentiate them instantly) so honestly I don't know how to read Vanity right now. P#48 is actually a good summation of my thoughts tbvvqfh

    Zack getting into the game p#32 is meh to me, I don't really associate v!zack with getting into the game early and I feel like he memes more when he's a villager. I did a quick cross check with the light game I played with him a couple years ago and he did indeed start getting serious later in the game. With that being said I have enough skill points not to bank on flimsy meta reads like this and I also don't really have a problem with any of zack's posts so far (besides p#80 just being bizzare tbh) . Zack would be null to me probably if I had to gun to head

    @Apogee what did you mean by p#40 ?

    Hally seems ~fine so far but nothing super villagery. Although I kinda like p#43 I've gotten baited into village reading snap reactions like that that good wolfies can replicate. I'm also early mindmelding with them a lot so I guess if I had to gun to head I'd call villager but I'm open to changing this read


    I probably won't be poisting a lot tonight because the Georiga v alabama game is on #GoDawgs
    damn you’re gonna pocket me again

    @Lissa help

  23. ISO #123
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#119)
    I unironically don't understand how SPF could have a wolfread on katze by p#59 and it reminds me of the terrible wolfread they had early in the game last wolfgame. P#68 feels like it's in the same floaty fashion as well (I might double check that later). The way they are backtracking by saying it might be a terrible read (p#107) reminds me of last game when they were a wolf too.

    I agree with p#90 by Hally

    ##Vote staypositivefriend
    you think that it's wolfy for me to have gotten pinged by katze, but you also think that it's wolfy for me to backtrack on my ping on katze and say that i was grasping at straws. (because i was, since it was page 2). do you see how this positioning lets you frame my read on katze as wolfy regardless of what my thoughts about her actually are?

    also, you say that you "can't understand how i could have a wolfread on katze" as though my original reasoning to wolfread her was not extremely simple and easy to understand. this feels borderline dishonest to me and makes me feel like you aren't trying to evaluate my posts in good faith, but im trying not to overreact lol

  24. ISO #124
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,622
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    amrock/spf not w/w

    amrock v, spf w

    hally v

    vanity serial killer arsonist

    apogee apoc

    empoof vigged n1

  25. ISO #125
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    i usually agree with spf and zack when they’re villagers so i’m not sure if zack agreeing with spf on a take i don’t get means i’m doing something wrong or at least one of them is a wolf

  26. ISO #126
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    17,315
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#121)
    ##Vote Amrock

    Zoom
    gottem

    my only real somewhat pings so far have mostly come from hally and spf, which i'm mostly sidelining my concerns on hally for now and just focusing on spf. my problem with spf saying that she thought her reads were bad isn't just that it contrasts what the reads actually were in the grand scheme of things as actual reads, but it almost reads as something a wolf would say to temper a read enough to make it seem like they don't have tmi. i only bring this up in the first place because i think spf's reasoning on her kat wolfread were fine in a vacuum

    my other thing has to do with this post:

    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#107)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#90)
    incidentally, p#42 also feels like a more egregious version of what spf was saying kat was wolfy for but spf didn’t comment on it

    i dunno, i honestly don’t really like spf’s post on kat because i feel like it’s very easy to push a villager for “tryharding” as a wolf and kat’s posts on van rang true enough to me

    but maybe i’m the one who’s wrong
    yeah i mean, i think youre right that the posts are similar on a surface level, but katze deciding to pressure vanity felt a lot more rushed and inauthentic to me than vanity casually wondering if zack was trying to pull a reaction test. katze's pressure toward vanity felt a lot more "random" to me, in part because i didn't get pinged by vanity in the first place and didnt really understand where she was coming from

    but honestly im finding it hard to articulate why i find katze wolfy in the first place, which is usually a red flag that i'm grasping at straws
    most insofar as "i didn't pinged by vanity, what's wrong with her posts" seems like a slightly wolfy way to develop a read on someone. it just doesn't feel like an organic wolfread, not because everyone else is seeming to have issues with my posts, but because wolfreading someone for not understanding why someone can see why another person is wolfy just seems a bit shallow to me, unless i'm interpreting stuff something wrong here. it just seems a bit uncharacteristic for a game with this player list, even assuming that it's literally within the first couple hours of the game

  27. ISO #127
    Prison Mike Empoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    22,723
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#124)
    amrock/spf not w/w

    amrock v, spf w

    hally v

    vanity serial killer arsonist

    apogee apoc

    empoof vigged n1
    Empoof thanked this post

  28. ISO #128
    Building a Case Limestone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    24,583
    Gender
    Let's get it

    Zack's avatar made me think BATMAN was in the game for a sec XD

  29. ISO #129
    Prison Mike Empoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    22,723
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Gender
    I’ve liked all the spf posts I’ve read so far

  30. ISO #130
    Prison Mike Empoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    22,723
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Limestone (#128)
    Let's get it

    Zack's avatar made me think BATMAN was in the game for a sec XD
    Sup limestone I’m about to go to therapy

    How’s the Rand treating you

  31. ISO #131
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#119)
    I unironically don't understand how SPF could have a wolfread on katze by p#59 and it reminds me of the terrible wolfread they had early in the game last wolfgame. P#68 feels like it's in the same floaty fashion as well (I might double check that later). The way they are backtracking by saying it might be a terrible read (p#107) reminds me of last game when they were a wolf too.

    I agree with p#90 by Hally

    ##Vote staypositivefriend

    With the caveat that I've played with SPF only one time and they were a wolf, so this could possibly potentially be a playstyle type thing that they do as both alignments. But, well, it's the first 3 pages of day 1, so

    I don't really get why Zack is townreading or agreeing with the wolfread but i don't really think it's too AI for zack

    With that being said, p#93 from Katze is how I respond to these kind of pushes as mafia a lot. So idk tbh

    Inb4 w/w

    Other thoughts: Vanity seems really awkward, which might be slightly villagery for them? They were smooth as butter and kinda under the radar the last time I saw them wolf. Posts like #42 and #67 ping me as both overtly wolfy and TWTBAW (I'm not as good as newcomb to differentiate them instantly) so honestly I don't know how to read Vanity right now. P#48 is actually a good summation of my thoughts tbvvqfh

    Zack getting into the game p#32 is meh to me, I don't really associate v!zack with getting into the game early and I feel like he memes more when he's a villager. I did a quick cross check with the light game I played with him a couple years ago and he did indeed start getting serious later in the game. With that being said I have enough skill points not to bank on flimsy meta reads like this and I also don't really have a problem with any of zack's posts so far (besides p#80 just being bizzare tbh) . Zack would be null to me probably if I had to gun to head

    @Apogee what did you mean by p#40 ?

    Hally seems ~fine so far but nothing super villagery. Although I kinda like p#43 I've gotten baited into village reading snap reactions like that that good wolfies can replicate. I'm also early mindmelding with them a lot so I guess if I had to gun to head I'd call villager but I'm open to changing this read


    I probably won't be poisting a lot tonight because the Georiga v alabama game is on #GoDawgs
    ##Vote Amrock

    vigging this tonight

  32. ISO #132
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,622
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#129)
    I’ve liked all the spf posts I’ve read so far


    so you're partners?

  33. ISO #133
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#125)
    i usually agree with spf and zack when they’re villagers so i’m not sure if zack agreeing with spf on a take i don’t get means i’m doing something wrong or at least one of them is a wolf
    maybe spf and zack didn’t get pinged by van’s posts because they’re both wolves and have TMI that van is a villager


  34. ISO #134
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#129)
    I’ve liked all the spf posts I’ve read so far
    zack/spf/empoof

    gg

  35. ISO #135
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,622
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#134)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#129)
    I’ve liked all the spf posts I’ve read so far
    zack/spf/empoof

    gg

  36. ISO #136
    GOAT Tier Apogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11,686
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    GiTP / MU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#112)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee (#105)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#68)
    i know this is a bad read and nobody is allowed to question me about it
    Why’d you add this?
    because i felt kind of silly while i was writing it out but decided to post it anyway
    okay

    I'm cool with this

    vanity down the page more or less sniped my thought process in writing it in P#115 but I was playing around with models of how you'd approach this as either alignment and like

    idk little weird hesitations are ever so more slightly in line with village game but it's more about trying to grasp your headstate over time anyways

  37. ISO #137
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    @Vanity - it's pretty typical for me to say: "this is a bad read, but...." or "no one should listen to this read, but..." regardless of my alignment, especially if i feel insecure about a read that i'm making in the moment or if i'm voicing something to "see how it feels", which is more or less what i was doing with katze

    also, i think you misunderstood what i was saying in p#107. the point was that i found it easy to understand your motivations for making p#90, because it was based on something concrete that had happened in the game, even if you were "forcing concrete". i did not understand katze's motivations for her wolfread on you, because it felt "random" to me and like she was pulling a name out of a hat because she felt pressured to push on someone. me contrasting your post and katze's posts is irrelevant to my actual read on you

  38. ISO #138
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    at a certain point i'm probably just going to stop responding to questions about my read on katze because it's the type of thing that i get really distracted by & tangled up into knots about, and i find it frustrating when a read makes a lot of sense to me in my own head but i'm unable to properly express it to everyone else

  39. ISO #139
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    amrock: "i'm weirded out by zack getting into the game so early, i thought he would meme a bunch early"

    also amrock: "i'm going to highlight these two meme-y posts by zack as being somewhat suspicious"

    raised eyebrow emoji

  40. ISO #140
    GOAT Tier Apogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11,686
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    GiTP / MU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#119)
    @Apogee what did you mean by p#40 ?
    Saying you're not planning to contribute much and then immediately contributing is like, a "classically villagy" tell but I immeadiately lampshaded myself by quoting hally's post because also like it's about the most level zero thing there is.

    Since this is as good a jumping off point as any, the big thing circulating through my mind with zack is like, the way he did turn up the dial pretty quickly which honestly is kind of wolfy very very removed from any context (i.e. if you told me "Player X in this game was one of the quickest to be serious about comparatively small things I'd say they might be >rand wolf."). But like, in this case, I'm kind of townreading him or at least okay with it? Not sure I can put a finger on the pulse of why.

  41. ISO #141
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,622
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    wait this game has a $%#!ing postcap i should probably stop katzeing and try to not postcap 30 minutes in

    okay uhm

    yeah idk i feel like amrocks take on spfs read on me is similar to how i felt but spfs reply is technically correct and i know im omgussy (even tho i still don't... entirely understand spfs suspicion on me, at all, but it all revolves around a post i think is an obvious joke not being a joke and i've played with @Arete enough to know that not understanding jokes isn't inherently AI)

    anyway none of my posts are real or AI cya later


  42. ISO #142
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#141)
    wait this game has a $%#!ing postcap i should probably stop katzeing and try to not postcap 30 minutes in

    okay uhm

    yeah idk i feel like amrocks take on spfs read on me is similar to how i felt but spfs reply is technically correct and i know im omgussy (even tho i still don't... entirely understand spfs suspicion on me, at all, but it all revolves around a post i think is an obvious joke not being a joke and i've played with @Arete enough to know that not understanding jokes isn't inherently AI)

    anyway none of my posts are real or AI cya later

    i'm confused by you saying that your post toward vanity was a "joke" when it came from a place of real suspicion, right? i didn't think that you were joking when you were calling vanity TWTBAW and if you were then i absolutely misread your tone

  43. ISO #143
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    17,060
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    also, my strongest townread is probably vanity for reasons unrelated to the conversation we're currently having

  44. ISO #144
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#125)
    i usually agree with spf and zack when they’re villagers so i’m not sure if zack agreeing with spf on a take i don’t get means i’m doing something wrong or at least one of them is a wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#133)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#125)
    i usually agree with spf and zack when they’re villagers so i’m not sure if zack agreeing with spf on a take i don’t get means i’m doing something wrong or at least one of them is a wolf
    maybe spf and zack didn’t get pinged by van’s posts because they’re both wolves and have TMI that van is a villager

    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#134)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#129)
    I’ve liked all the spf posts I’ve read so far
    zack/spf/empoof

    gg

  45. ISO #145
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    dormant
    Posts
    16,622
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#141)
    wait this game has a $%#!ing postcap i should probably stop katzeing and try to not postcap 30 minutes in

    okay uhm

    yeah idk i feel like amrocks take on spfs read on me is similar to how i felt but spfs reply is technically correct and i know im omgussy (even tho i still don't... entirely understand spfs suspicion on me, at all, but it all revolves around a post i think is an obvious joke not being a joke and i've played with @Arete enough to know that not understanding jokes isn't inherently AI)

    anyway none of my posts are real or AI cya later

    i'm confused by you saying that your post toward vanity was a "joke" when it came from a place of real suspicion, right? i didn't think that you were joking when you were calling vanity TWTBAW and if you were then i absolutely misread your tone


    read P#72

    me calling her twtbaw was much much more jokey than not and i thought copy pasting "twtb" like 50 times would make that clear

  46. ISO #146
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee (#140)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#119)
    @Apogee what did you mean by p#40 ?
    Saying you're not planning to contribute much and then immediately contributing is like, a "classically villagy" tell but I immeadiately lampshaded myself by quoting hally's post because also like it's about the most level zero thing there is.

    Since this is as good a jumping off point as any, the big thing circulating through my mind with zack is like, the way he did turn up the dial pretty quickly which honestly is kind of wolfy very very removed from any context (i.e. if you told me "Player X in this game was one of the quickest to be serious about comparatively small things I'd say they might be >rand wolf."). But like, in this case, I'm kind of townreading him or at least okay with it? Not sure I can put a finger on the pulse of why.
    how serious or not I am is almost entirely mood dependent and has little to do with alignment

    people try to make reads on this all the time and it's 95% bunk

    fwiw

  47. ISO #147
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#139)
    amrock: "i'm weirded out by zack getting into the game so early, i thought he would meme a bunch early"

    also amrock: "i'm going to highlight these two meme-y posts by zack as being somewhat suspicious"

    raised eyebrow emoji
    the first post amrock mentioned was p#32 which comes off as at least somewhat serious and the second one was p#80 which is an inside joke from a game amrock wasn’t in and could definitely be taken as serious not knowing the reference

    it feels disingenuous to paint his read as a contradiction and not factor in how the posts would come off to him?

  48. ISO #148
    Zack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    26,360
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#147)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#139)
    amrock: "i'm weirded out by zack getting into the game so early, i thought he would meme a bunch early"

    also amrock: "i'm going to highlight these two meme-y posts by zack as being somewhat suspicious"

    raised eyebrow emoji
    the first post amrock mentioned was p#32 which comes off as at least somewhat serious and the second one was p#80 which is an inside joke from a game amrock wasn’t in and could definitely be taken as serious not knowing the reference

    it feels disingenuous to paint his read as a contradiction and not factor in how the posts would come off to him?
    your mum feels disingenuous

  49. ISO #149
    GOAT Tier Apogee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11,686
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    GiTP / MU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    I'm going to call van a villager.

    There's a couple of reasons why, namely that I think there's a bit of truth to Amrock's reverse meta read or something analogous to it (namely, there's this blend of self-consciousness and wheel-spinning -- the kind of thing that gets wolfread, generally -- that I think is fairly villagy for her) and that I just think most of her thoughts are good?

    Like, there's some degree of continuous thought process

    I also thing how van is beating her own drum, in kind of contrast to how it seems hally in P#96 was presenting it, is both somewhat independently villagy and for her.

    Take all of this with a grain of salt, because I'm mixed at best at reading vanity, if maybe getting better lol

    Also there is at least two posts she made that are pretty easy to see from the perspective of wolf!van pocketing me which uh she probably could and would and might try to do idk.

  50. ISO #150
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    29,107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    i hereby accuse zack of underhanded and nefarious activities

    ##Vote Zack

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Trapper

The Trapper may target one player every night and kill one person visiting the target that night (chosen randomly). If multiple killing roles visit the target, the Trapper will kill in this order: Mafia-aligned players, third party or independently aligned players, and then town players.