Thread: Mafia Universe Awards 2022 - Nominations

1. ISO #351
    Timezone
    UTC-03:00
    Community
    Everybody Edits → mafiascum → Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Other names users might know you by
    Ugh have I missed the part alexa asked to not be nominated?
    Not again

2. ISO #352
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    pog
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature (#350)
    Nominating alexa for Best All-Around Player.

It just came into my attention that alexa said at some point she was quiting MU and I thought "that'd be like if X left MU". However, I couldn't find a player to replace X because I couldn't name a player that has been more impactful to games than alexa. She is the driving force of every game she is in. She's arguably one of the best town players alongside ladd and she has also good wolf games where she can manipulate players long enough with her AtE to endgame despite being fairly polarized.
    second

3. ISO #353
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    EpicMafia
    AKA
    foxfalls, Anne
    third (but dont agree fully with the description, alexa is an UNPOLARIZED QUEEN)

4. ISO #354
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature (#349)
    Nominating alexa's and neopest's Spiritfarer: A DVC-Involved Mafia Game for Best Small Game.

It was a pretty enjoyable 21-player game with nice flavor and a cool playerlist. Although town pretty much got all lynches right, it felt like both sides still had plenty of chances to win. Also, the roles were pretty unique and the graveyard system allowed dead players to still impact the game in favor of their alignment, having plenty of roles that could interact with the living and the dead. It turned out to be a very fun game to play in.
    second

5. ISO #355
    Wielder of the Triforce Wisdom's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    I'm gonna nominate @Arete for Best Town Performance - Single Player (Small Game) in Spec Chat Warrior Semi-Invitational

Link: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...i-Invitational

So, Final 3 in Day 7 starts. Left are SilverKeith, a relatively town read town, Twice Shrunk, the wolf who has been seen as town cleared pretty much all game, and Arete, who wolfsided in some key moments and was pretty much set up to be the final misyeet. SK had voted Arete the day prior and was rather tunneled.

Spec chat expected it to be an early vote from SK, but Arete came into F3 with guns blazing and full of wim, despite two higly active weeks of playing! Again and again they argued as for why they were town and why Twice was a wolf, pleading SilverKeith to listen. After a day with the post count of Twice (174), SilverKeith (149) and Arete (177) Arete finally managed to break down Twice's wim, convinced SK (who really deserves a nomination as well for their re-evaluation skills) and got the last vote to land on Twice and town won.

This is gonna be a legendary f3, and everything because Arete did the best late game performance I have ever seen, despite being pushed through the majority of the game and tunneled by their town mate.
    Wisp: how are u a god and unable to read at the same time

PunchyTheCat: WHAT TEH ACTUAL $%#!ING WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT WHO LET THIS HAPPEN WHY WISDOM WAS SOOOO TOWNY WTF

Chloe: I'm never trusting you again Wisdom

6. ISO #356
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    Twice
    second

aret aret
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice Shrunk (#2684)
    as noted by dvc getting modkilled was optimal play at some point and I am just ahead of my times

7. ISO #357
    Community
    Dark Lord Potter
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I would like to nominate the village team in Clue Alias Mafia for best town performance in a small game (group). I will elaborate after this next part.

I would also like to nominate Newcomb (as Prof. Plum) and Gira (as Mrs. Peacock) for individual best town performance in a small game for Clue Alias Mafia.

Newcomb, 4 hours into the game with his 6th post, posted spot-on accurate reads of no less than five players including 4 villagers and a wolf who became the first wolf casualty. It was quite honestly insane, he correctly called another wolf as partnered before the end of the day and he was the no-brainer night 1 kill as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Plum (#175)
    I will say, as much as the Mustard/Peacock page 1 thing was funny, it did a great job of jumpstarting the game.

As you read through the thread you see people coming in and reacting to it, and I think that's actually very instructive. Especially in a compare/contrast way.

For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown (#34)
    The tension between Mustard and Peacock is honestly what I'm here for. Screw RVS, let's get this $%#! started!
    Carefree, surface level engaged in the byplay, brazenly making no attempt to read it. Villagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Rose (#41)
    I see you've started without me. ''m just going to sit here pouting.

My crystal has spoken, and it says no one with the name green can ever be green.

##Vote Reverend Green

I'm late for my séance.
    Slightly out of balance / put out that they didn't get to be involved, content to do their own thing. Reasonable, not super strong one way or another, but more villagery than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Brunette (#45)
    The fight between Peacock and Mustard is passionate and probably m/t.
    ##Vote Mrs. Peacock
    Is the vote for me random Miss Scarlett, or do you have another reason?
    Superficial read, clearly stated, for a reason that's about as surface level as you can get. Pivoting to something self-absorbed. Villagery, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Peach (#53)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Peacock (#29)
    i have new reasons with each postings you make, all very scummy to me
    What is scummy about their posting? Everyone is just straight bouncing out of RVS this stage, which is grand.
    You should have to give reasons though if you think it is scummy.
    Pushing back against the argument, wanting to engage with it but on their own terms, dipping the toes in the water and engaging. Villagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. White (#90)
    On 1st page both peacock and le colonel hold their own in the battle

Le colonel is more aggro but still v honourable

Too early to say whether tvt mvm or tvm
    And here's the contrast. Classic IIoA (information instead of analysis), just narrating what happened. Feels the pressure to comment on the game and be seen taking a stance, but slaps a classic "too soon to tell" wolfy hedge, making the entire post look extremely performative. Wolfy.

##Vote Mrs. White

Gira followed up on Newcomb spectacularly by working with the rest of town to back the last two wolves into a corner, forcing the first one to fake a claim that bought 1 phase but outed them as a result. Gira then correctly analyzed partner interactions to peg the final wolf and bring the gamestate to a point where they actively wanted to concede (and were quickhammered on Day 4 after Gira died).

There were some other good village performances from this game and they worked together quite spectacularly, but I think those two stand out for their own individual nominations. Honorable mentions go to Captain Brown (Prince J) and Colonel Mustard (BlueKang), but they are the reasons why I'm nominating the whole team instead of just the two main standouts.

8. ISO #358
    Community
    Dark Lord Potter
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Also somewhat related to that game, I would like to nominate Prince J for Best Newcomer.

Joindate August 2022 and I've played ~2-3 games with this person and they've played in one of mine. Absolute joy to play with as either alignment. Also a very strong town player as I experienced the brunt force side of it in how he basically single-handedly reverse swept Mountainous 100 after I subbed in as a wolf on Day 2 and we got to LYLO quite quickly. He was a big voice of reason in The Coalition which was quite a contentious game given the small size, and also made significant contributions as Captain Brown in Clue Alias Mafia that I just hosted.

Even when actively trying to pocket him I found it quite difficult to do so despite us getting along very well in the thread. He is just a friendly, genuine, lovely player and he has also proven to be quite skilled. I can't wait to see him wolf, because from what I've experienced it would be terrifying.

9. ISO #359
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac

10. ISO #360
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Fortress of Lies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I would like to nominate the village team in Clue Alias Mafia for best town performance in a small game (group). I will elaborate after this next part.

I would also like to nominate Newcomb (as Prof. Plum) and Gira (as Mrs. Peacock) for individual best town performance in a small game for Clue Alias Mafia.

Newcomb, 4 hours into the game with his 6th post, posted spot-on accurate reads of no less than five players including 4 villagers and a wolf who became the first wolf casualty. It was quite honestly insane, he correctly called another wolf as partnered before the end of the day and he was the no-brainer night 1 kill as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Plum (#175)
    I will say, as much as the Mustard/Peacock page 1 thing was funny, it did a great job of jumpstarting the game.

As you read through the thread you see people coming in and reacting to it, and I think that's actually very instructive. Especially in a compare/contrast way.

For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown (#34)
    The tension between Mustard and Peacock is honestly what I'm here for. Screw RVS, let's get this $%#! started!
    Carefree, surface level engaged in the byplay, brazenly making no attempt to read it. Villagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Rose (#41)
    I see you've started without me. ''m just going to sit here pouting.

My crystal has spoken, and it says no one with the name green can ever be green.

##Vote Reverend Green

I'm late for my séance.
    Slightly out of balance / put out that they didn't get to be involved, content to do their own thing. Reasonable, not super strong one way or another, but more villagery than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Brunette (#45)
    The fight between Peacock and Mustard is passionate and probably m/t.
    ##Vote Mrs. Peacock
    Is the vote for me random Miss Scarlett, or do you have another reason?
    Superficial read, clearly stated, for a reason that's about as surface level as you can get. Pivoting to something self-absorbed. Villagery, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Peach (#53)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Peacock (#29)
    i have new reasons with each postings you make, all very scummy to me
    What is scummy about their posting? Everyone is just straight bouncing out of RVS this stage, which is grand.
    You should have to give reasons though if you think it is scummy.
    Pushing back against the argument, wanting to engage with it but on their own terms, dipping the toes in the water and engaging. Villagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. White (#90)
    On 1st page both peacock and le colonel hold their own in the battle

Le colonel is more aggro but still v honourable

Too early to say whether tvt mvm or tvm
    And here's the contrast. Classic IIoA (information instead of analysis), just narrating what happened. Feels the pressure to comment on the game and be seen taking a stance, but slaps a classic "too soon to tell" wolfy hedge, making the entire post look extremely performative. Wolfy.

##Vote Mrs. White

Gira followed up on Newcomb spectacularly by working with the rest of town to back the last two wolves into a corner, forcing the first one to fake a claim that bought 1 phase but outed them as a result. Gira then correctly analyzed partner interactions to peg the final wolf and bring the gamestate to a point where they actively wanted to concede (and were quickhammered on Day 4 after Gira died).

There were some other good village performances from this game and they worked together quite spectacularly, but I think those two stand out for their own individual nominations. Honorable mentions go to Captain Brown (Prince J) and Colonel Mustard (BlueKang), but they are the reasons why I'm nominating the whole team instead of just the two main standouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt (#358)
    Also somewhat related to that game, I would like to nominate Prince J for Best Newcomer.

Joindate August 2022 and I've played ~2-3 games with this person and they've played in one of mine. Absolute joy to play with as either alignment. Also a very strong town player as I experienced the brunt force side of it in how he basically single-handedly reverse swept Mountainous 100 after I subbed in as a wolf on Day 2 and we got to LYLO quite quickly. He was a big voice of reason in The Coalition which was quite a contentious game given the small size, and also made significant contributions as Captain Brown in Clue Alias Mafia that I just hosted.

Even when actively trying to pocket him I found it quite difficult to do so despite us getting along very well in the thread. He is just a friendly, genuine, lovely player and he has also proven to be quite skilled. I can't wait to see him wolf, because from what I've experienced it would be terrifying.
    Seconding, I've seen enough from both to agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#192)
    Mafia is a game about losing
    My greatest achievement:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678