Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: VGM Knock-Out Tournament

1. ISO #201
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Baba Is You becomes the 50th? winner, eliminating Xeno Crisis 3-1 to finish Best of 2019. Is it really 50? I might have miscounted, but it's got to be close. It doesn't feel like we should have been able to run this that many times lol

Hitsugi advances 3-1. Final match of round 1:

Round 1, Fight 32 // Best of Phantasy Star

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine from Phantasy Star Universe
    by Kenichi Tokoi (PS2, 2006)

vs.

Thank You from Phantasy Star Online 2
    by Hideaki Kobayashi (Windows, 2012)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaaand, what's next? I'm pretty out of the loop right now, and there've only been four of us recently, so I'll leave that to y'all.

2. ISO #202
    Thank You

Hitomi Sato in the house.

God this song $%#!ed me up when I first heard it. I played PSO2 and enjoyed it, but the story wasn't consistently its strongest suit. When I teared up upon hearing this song, I wasn't thinking about the game but the music. PSO and the series as a whole pretty much changed my entire musical taste, and it's been living rent-free in my head since like 2019. Hearing the singers of much of the soundtrack (plus bonus Mitsuyoshi) transitioning into a final glorious rendition of Whole New World was absolutely perfect, not to mention the brilliant personalized gate dive. Thanks Kobayashi and Crew
    Last edited by NFUN; September 27th, 2022 at 07:14 PM.

3. ISO #203
    It's true. We've now finished 50.

Vote: Valentine

As for the next rumble, these themes are currently ready to go:
    - Best of Daisuke Amaya (Pixel)
    - Best of the Worst VGM

Here is the group page for planning future themes.

4. ISO #204
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    Mafiascum
    AKA
    EgixBacon
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345