UTC-05:00
    Community
    Epicmafia / Arcmafia
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Liar Game

Welcome to Liar Game

Game structure:

- Each day is 48 hours, followed by a 24 hour break night phase.
    - There is no post limit, vocaroos are allowed
    - Players are not allowed to communicate outside the game unless otherwise specified
    - Each day is a brand new game, the rules are posted at the start of the day. Any questions will be answered publicly.

Here's how to play:

- You can execute actions in the thread by prefixing a cat tail "~" and bolding it so I see it.
    - Players start with $1,000,000 and the ability to "~send <amount> to <player>", this must be done publicly
    - Players start with $1,000,000 in debt at the start of the game.
    - You can choose to pay down some or all of your debt, or leave the game during night phase only (leaving automatically settles your debt with the money you have)

Here's how to win:

- There is an unknown number of days, after which the game will end and everyone will automatically leave the game
    - When you leave/end the game, you will receive a color coded Ending Story based on how much debt / money you finished with
    - The goal of the game is to get the best possible ending story
    - There are a few special roles in the game whose goals may diverge slightly from the rest of you

Special announcement:

- One of the rounds will be a wealth redistributing game, favoring the players with the least money, so don't give up if you fall behind!

Players

@k4t5z3
    @LordQuas
    @nightmarex
    @Ominoire
    @Hero
    @GGhana
    @Lag
    @xequalsy
    @Mentalist
    @Yagami
    @billymills
    @sOHiJK
    @ondine
    Last edited by Object; May 13th, 2022 at 09:26 AM.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia / Arcmafia
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Start a company, find investors

- Players can exchange any amount of money to create stock in their own made up company! Example: "~create $1000 of LAMIST INC." will cost the player $1000 and create 1000 stocks of LAMIST INC.. Stock is always created at 1:1, and you can create stock in the same company again whenever you want.
    - Only the player(s) with the most stock in a company can create new stock. The majority shareholders.
    - You can ~send stocks to other players (perhaps in exchange for money)

???

- ???

Profit

- At the end of the day the largest company (most stocks) wins. If there is a tie, the company who got there first wins
    - The winning company's majority shareholder(s) can ~choose a **Monopoly event** or ~choose a **Merger** <company> event.
    - Monopoly event: each player gives up $20,000 if they have it. That money is distributed evenly across the stock of the winning company
    - Merger event: the target company's shares all get converted back into dollars, and distributed evenly across the stock of the winning company. Example: If company A has 1,000,000 stock, and company B has 900,000 stock, company A wins and can steal the 900,000 stock from company B, making company A stocks worth $1.90 instead of $1.00.
    - After the event, all companies' stock is converted back into dollar value ($1 unless you're the winning company) and added to whoever holds it's pile.

Bonus Game: A Wild Ponzi Scheme Appears

There is $100,000 up for grabs. Players may "~invest" $1,000 in the scheme at any time, as many times as they like, increasing the pot by that amount. If 1 hour passes and no one else has invested, the last player to invest wins the pot. If EoD is reached and nobody has won, the pot is simply used to buy a huge amount of useless confetti which will rain down on the players in humiliation.

Feel free to discuss strategy, form alliances, make and break deals. These are the players you're stuck with for the rest of the game.

EoD is 10am EDT on May 15th
    Last edited by Object; May 13th, 2022 at 12:22 PM.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    aops + mgg
    AKA
    broken caps lock
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    ~create $2000 Unpaid Interns Incorporated™

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    Sufficient Velocity
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    DLP
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Dude no this is a cooperative game…
    I'm just a normal player but I assume we can't fully co-op and win that way because some people will have different "motivations"

Either way I'm down to chain create stock with someone as a duo+

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia / Arcmafia
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Unpaid Interns Incorporated™ - 2000 shares

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    For the Ponzi scheme it seems like it's best for us to decide on someone trustworthy to win it with a single invest action? Since it's all public, it'll be difficult for a mole or something like that to snipe it without losing a lot of trust for the rest of the game.

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC+09:30
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Here's the deal. Either we cooperate or we backstab one another in hopes of a happy ending.
    I'm more in favor of the former, because I know our game will stagnate if we do too much of the latter.

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by xequalsy (#7)
    For the Ponzi scheme it seems like it's best for us to decide on someone trustworthy to win it with a single invest action? Since it's all public, it'll be difficult for a mole or something like that to snipe it without losing a lot of trust for the rest of the game.
    Personally, I think we're better off not participating in that event at all. It's not necessary and comes with additional risk. I also refuse to participate. I'm not someone who is willing to keep in touch with the bonus event every hour. I need to sleep.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Personally, I think we're better off not participating in that event at all. It's not necessary and comes with additional risk. I also refuse to participate. I'm not someone who is willing to keep in touch with the bonus event every hour. I need to sleep.
    The bonus event seems to be the only way to win money that doesn't come from another player.

Which is why I suggest we let someone win, and not fight over it. It introduces more money into the "pot" and builds up trust between us all.

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Going off your thoughts, how about this proposal? We talk among one another and eventually decide someone trustworthy for the main game. We make absolutely certain that they become the largest shareholder, the person who has the most stock in the company, and we ask them to perform the merge event. The target of the merge event will be a lowly company that has $1 worth of stocks, or whatever. Some low value. We hardly lose much and we stay where we are.

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    Sufficient Velocity
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Same.

What I’m not seeing yet is a way to manipulate the game into giving us money. Everything is 1-1

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by xequalsy (#10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominoire (#9)
    The bonus event seems to be the only way to win money that doesn't come from another player.

Which is why I suggest we let someone win, and not fight over it. It introduces more money into the "pot" and builds up trust between us all.
    You're right, actually. Eventually we'll have to add more money into the pool.

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    AKA
    Jane
    Pronouns
    Any

If you give me a window to significantly profit by betraying one or more people there's a high chance I'll do it though.
    Just a warning.

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalist (#14)
    Sure, I'm willing to co-operate.

If you give me a window to significantly profit by betraying one or more people there's a high chance I'll do it though.
    Just a warning.
    Public Enemy #1.

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    AKA
    Jane
    Pronouns
    Any
    Same.

What I’m not seeing yet is a way to manipulate the game into giving us money. Everything is 1-1
    Let's bankrupt katzecorp nya~

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    AKA
    Jane
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominoire (#15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentalist (#14)
    Sure, I'm willing to co-operate.

Just a warning.
    Public Enemy #1.

18. ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Same.

I might be reading this wrong but my interpretation is:

Base pot is $100,000 and then whatever people “invest” goes on top of that?

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia / Arcmafia
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by xequalsy (#18)
    Quote Originally Posted by ondine (#12)
    Same.

A hooded katzen at the side of the room nods approvingly at your interpretation

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Where the hell did that thing come from?

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    Sufficient Velocity
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by xequalsy (#18)
    Quote Originally Posted by ondine (#12)
    Same.

Oh not the Ponzi scheme game.

Can we all agree to not $%#! with that game until the end of the day? Anyone who does gets iced out of whatever other scheme we figure out with the main game.

I mean the main game. I don’t see how we can manipulate it yet.

Remember. The enemy is not us. It’s them. The hosts. *cough* you don’t see this, masked men.*cough*

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    For the main game, the way I see to cooperate is:

Since only the majority stockholders can "create" stock, we take turns sending stock so someone is the majority stockholder in the company we want to build -> that person creating $X stock -> sending stock to the next person in the chain/equalizing stock

The fail point is mostly that as soon as we send the stock to someone untrustworthy, the chain stops.

The main problem with agreeing to make someone "win" the main event and choosing merge on a 1 stock company is that they are incentivised heavily to pick monopoly since the main event is zero sum.

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by xequalsy (#22)
    For the main game, the way I see to cooperate is:

Since only the majority stockholders can "create" stock, we take turns sending stock so someone is the majority stockholder in the company we want to build -> that person creating $X stock -> sending stock to the next person in the chain/equalizing stock

The fail point is mostly that as soon as we send the stock to someone untrustworthy, the chain stops.

The main problem with agreeing to make someone "win" the main event and choosing merge on a 1 stock company is that they are incentivised heavily to pick monopoly since the main event is zero sum.
    $20,000 is chump change, if you ask me. Whoever does what you mentioned can keep that if they're going that route. Individually, for us, that's pretty cheap for revealing someone's treachery.

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    - Monopoly event: each player gives up $20,000 if they have it. That money is distributed evenly across the stock of the winning company
    To clarify, does this mean "up to $20,000", or "exactly $20,000"? For example, if I had $19,999 left at the end of the day and someone picks Monopoly, do I have to still pay $19,999?

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia / Arcmafia
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by xequalsy (#24)
    To clarify, does this mean "up to $20,000", or "exactly $20,000"? For example, if I had $19,999 left at the end of the day and someone picks Monopoly, do I have to still pay $19,999?
    Up to $20,000. If you have less than $20,000 when you get monopoly'd whatever you have is taken for the winning company. It can't add to your debt though.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Just means that you're safe from the Monopoly option if you convert your funds into stocks. You're not incredibly safe from the Merger event unless you divide up your money into stocks for hundreds of different companies.

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia / Arcmafia
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominoire (#26)
    Just means that you're safe from the Monopoly option if you convert your funds into stocks. You're not incredibly safe from the Merger event unless you divide up your money into stocks for hundreds of different companies.
    A group of katzen chuckles at your suggestion

28. ISO #28
    Community
    aops + mgg
    AKA
    broken caps lock
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    i'm not very good at persuasion so im just gonna ask you all to buy my stock please and thank you

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by sOHiJK (#28)
    i'm not very good at persuasion so im just gonna ask you all to buy my stock please and thank you
    Sell me something.

30. ISO #30
    Community
    aops + mgg
    AKA
    broken caps lock
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominoire (#29)
    Sell me something.
    what do you want lol

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Object (#27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominoire (#26)
    A group of katzen chuckles at your suggestion
    Where the hell do they come from?

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by sOHiJK (#30)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominoire (#29)
    Sell me something.
    what do you want lol
    Something valuable. Something that a lot of people usually want.

33. ISO #33
    Community
    aops + mgg
    AKA
    broken caps lock
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

34. ISO #34
    Community
    Kingdom of Hyrule
    AKA
    Marluxion
    Much like the stock market this event is a scam

35. ISO #35
    Community
    aops + mgg
    AKA
    broken caps lock
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Much like the stock market this event is a scam
    at least get scammed by somebody trustworthy so you don't blame yourself later

36. ISO #36
    Community
    Kingdom of Hyrule
    AKA
    Marluxion

I'll buy your stock at 20$ per stock

37. ISO #37
    Community
    aops + mgg
    AKA
    broken caps lock
    Pronouns