Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Shad Forums Presents World of Walrus

1. ISO #451
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    36th place:

Psycho666Soldier

Junior Senior - Move Your Feet

He chose some unfortunate sound to intentionally stutter on, but if peepee people in the street want to poopoo put his record on, who am I to judge? This really hedges the line between fun and annoying for me. The spoken words wore out their welcome pretty quick, and the beat we're not supposed to stop doesn't have all that much going for it really. It had me thinking of a lot of the vocaroidroo subs I got to this walrus in terms of the vocals just... not resonating with me at all in an otherwise fun but unremarkable upbeat package. I thought it would fair decently the first time I heard it, but at this point the spoken vocals make me instantly cringe and beg for release. Being a category fit didn't save it.

2. ISO #452
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    35th place:

birdwithteeth11

Foxy Shazam - Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll

I respect that this went straight for the category fit and didn't try to sidestep with a sad farewell song the way I feel most of the subs did. But I found it kind of annoying. The brass through the last thirty seconds is cool but the rest is a really generic rock song that kind of pays homage to Queen but wouldn't make the cut on their B-sides.

3. ISO #453
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    34th place:

Owner 2

Lunatica - The Spell

This is quite bizarre, but what symphonic power rap isn't, really? Unfortunately, the unique feature setting it apart is not really selling it to me. I'm not sure whether it would have done better or worse without those vocals. I mean, without them it's an extraordinarily generic symphonic metal cut, and I might have never progressed beyond the thought that it is every song of its kind ever written. They managed to make it memorable instead, but at what cost?

When I actually sat down to sort this I thought it would do slightly better than this. Up against most else, it's just too generic outside of those brief unorthodox vocal passages.

4. ISO #454
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    33rd place:

Owner of a Lonely Heart

Spookey Ruben - Running Away

This sounds like a band that aspired to sound as 90s alt rock as possible and started with The Bends. Apparently this is a little more authentic than that or else they're really on the ball, because it was recorded the same week The Bends was released. Pablo Honey relevance to society? Or maybe I'm just forgetting how much 90s bands sounded alike. This felt like something I was hearing for the 100th time the first time, and not in an altogether positive way. I mean, it has a creative vocal melody to distinguish itself and keep it memorable, but my spoiled ears want more. It could have made for a decent radio single in its day, and maybe it was somewhere because back then singles were still regional and they're from Canada, but it's not moving me much in 2022 with no prior familiarity. To be fair, The Bends feels like a bit of a snoozefest to me now too and I binged the hell out of it when it was current content.

I could have maybe slid this in higher but trying to picture it as a celebration track is pretty huh?

5. ISO #455
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    32nd place:

Schiavetto

Daughters - Cheers Pricks

Why lol

I liked Daughters more when they were crafting 50 second experimental noise explosions than when they were dropping full length cuts meant to nearly pass as songs. This gets off to an incredible start and... I guess it doesn't let off the breaks much for the first two minutes or so, but Alexis Marshall's meandering spoken words start to mask the chaos underneath after a while and I wish he wasn't in the picture sometimes.

It's only a hell yes I want it song for the first 10 seconds and then it's more of an odd experiment where I can reflect on the weird things they're doing but don't really care. Mostly it's an Alexis problem. But more importantly, what on earth does this have to do with my category? I don't get it.

6. ISO #456
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    31st place:

Visorslash

Iron Fire - Blade of Triumph

I've never been a huge fan of power metal. It usually comes packaged with a snazzy lead guitar over generic rhythm and drums and a vocalist who feels obligated to sing operatic in higher octaves. This isn't any exception, but I think they did a decent job with the approach they're taking. It's got a catchy chorus. The guitars interplay nicely in the beginning, though they don't revisit that often after the singing comes in. His vocals are... tolerable, most of the time. I enjoyed it within reason, and it's a rare cat fit in a field of what were you thinkings though.

7. ISO #457
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    30th place:

LordQuas

Parannoul - 흰천장 (White Ceiling)

I started feeling a little déjà vu writing about how intrusive and grating the audio quality is, and then the album cover looking strikingly familiar, and then I found Beautiful World was subbed to me last year and I'd made the exact same case about hating it. I don't remember that song anymore, and I'm not going to put it on now to give this one the fairest pass, but suffice to say what I took to be a flaw in the recording is panning out to be more like an entirely intentional creative choice. It's still giving me the nails on a chalkboard effect. Is it a game ender? I mean, it definitely gives the song a sort of broken feeling that jives in theory with the mood of the song they're delivering--this sense of something shattering and falling apart and dissolving into the aether.

But yeah I really can't stand it. :\

There are a lot of interesting things going on, especially as the noise samples escalate and heighten the sense of everything breaking apart towards the end. But my desire to enjoy this is far greater than what it's actually doing for me. It's like listening to Ulver's Nattens Madrigal except I don't go in wanting my ears to bleed. It's an abomination. They took something fabulous and ruined it for no gain. Tragic because the composition is outstanding.

8. ISO #458
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    29th place:

Kane

Æther Realm - The Sun, The Moon, The Star

Wild that these guys are from North Carolina, because their lyrics are way cheesier than the average Finnish attempt at English. It never clicked with me that Craft and the Creator was instrumental until this song showed me how bad their vocals are. I'm down for 19 minutes, but I need them to goooooooo and carry me through and make me feel like I didn't actually extinguish that much of my life listening to them. I spent a lot of this track waiting for it to happen. It has plenty of solid moments--it certainly ought to--but too often I felt like the part I was sitting through existed for the sake of having an absurdly long closing track. Like I started vibing with the double bass plod at 12:42 and it transitions into this hard-hitting climax at 12:55 and I'm thinking alright we're really taking off now.... nope it's time to pause for some mediocre ambient synth and then we're going to slow roll so this guy can scream more. Craft and the Creator was an awesome ride and managed the marathon niche in nine fewer minutes. About nine minutes of this song don't contribute much to it. This track's off an earlier album, and it's nice to see they evolved from it.

It ends strong. I definitely dug the last four minutes, and on the whole it's just a sound that appeals to me more on its face. It doesn't live up to its length for me, but you sent more category-relevant music in a single song than half the other subs combined, and for that I salute you. It's still a bit too much of a slog to be worth the effort for me. I'm ready for it to end way before it gets there.

9. ISO #459
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    28th place:

soah 2

Stortregn - Nénie

This gets the same job done as Æther Realm in a fraction of the time. But I have mixed feelings on this one. The melancholy riffs in its bombastic approach do give a sense of ending. I don't think it's a particularly positive one--more of a statement that things have reached their conclusion, and all the losses and loose ends are coming along for the ride. That's alright and a distinction I might not bother making if I was madly in love with the song. Elements of it wear on me though. The endless finger tapping and generic vocals and repetitive melody might be features of similar songs I like, but the holistic package isn't sweeping me off my feet. In the absence of getting caught up in the song, the what they're doing stands out to me more than the how it makes me feel. Maybe it's a bit of the polished production...the relative lack of crunch in the rhythm guitar and the way the sweeping clean guitar overshadows so much of the oomf beneath it...an accumulation of little things. I'm just not that in to it.

10. ISO #460
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    27th place:

MyNameIsNothing

Alan Licht - The Old Victrola (ULTIMATE SHADRUS 2022 BORIS RAE JEPSEN RECUT 20 MINUTE ABRIDGED EDIT)

I respect your ambition to force-sub this, both in editing it and in knowing I'll make us suffer the full duration. I have to confess I enjoyed letting it meander on for the full 20 minutes every time it came up on rotation. I had to go dig it up to convince myself it was real and not your own experimentation akin to Rabbit's accidental Koktavy and Kevin Drumm mashup. I do wish he went a little harder and broke out into spastic feedback play more often than he does... or maybe even just mixed it louder over the sample loop. If there can be such a thing as skill levels for a half hour of guitar drone, his performance is maybe a bit on the mediocre end of that spectrum? It... couldn't have hurt to use more than two samples either. But well done finding this? lol

I suspect you knew this was either top 10ing or tanking and it wasn't quite a top 10. I did enjoy grooving along to it but I can only make people suffer this so high.

11. ISO #461
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    26th place:

Ace Marvel

Ateez - Wonderland

What is that sound that pops up at 0:27 and 0:35? It sounds like a horn but slides like a harmonica. I thought he was saying "breaking the fourth wall" very dramatically at 2:30 and chuckled at the likelihood that they have no idea what this means, but the lyrics sheet doesn't include the third word so I guess it's just random W sounds? Anyway these are some fun JUNGLE BEATS.

12. ISO #462
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    25th place:

Mischief

Jukio Kallio & Daniel Hagström - Everybody Falls

The lead melody and slap bass that really give this song its flavor are relatively brief flares in a track that spends a great deal of its time filling space between them. That's kind of natural in vgm. This feels like a title screen theme--the sort of venue where it's important to deliver a lot up front and most players will click start without ever hearing what follows anyway. I had fun with it, and that's good enough. Not sure I would want it that much for an epic ending, mainly because it has such a distinctly intro vibe to me. But I never actually checked its origin so lol if this is a credit theme.

13. ISO #463
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    24th place:

sOHiJK replaced sub, no points

Michael Kelly - Dawn Approaches

I picked up the VA-11 HALL-A soundtrack around the time it came out and have occasionally swung around to it for potential walrus submissions, but no single track stood out enough to make me ship it. I like the soundtrack more as a complete package. This track does feel like it could be a credit roll. (Maybe it is? I don't remember.) Maybe not in any way that reaches out and grabs me. I think it's fun but kind of unremarkable, until the closing minute. That parted spared it a couple of spots for sure.

14. ISO #464
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    23rd place:

tonystarkprime

Steve Earle & Rodney Crowell - Stay a Little Longer

This is going to sound awful over Discord.

I've never seen Heartworn Highways, but I've subbed songs off of it before. I also have a huge collection of Steve Earle albums that I've barely begun to dig into, and this track isn't in them. It sounds incredibly familiar, but that might just be the nature of the song. This is the sort of thing I would be playing myself in that alternative universe where I was a hippie musician instead of an Office Space employee. So basically if I'd never left Texas.

Guy Clarke's drunken ramblings in the background are a bit of a listening hurdle lol

15. ISO #465
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    22nd place:

ladd

Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now

I don't know that I've actually heard this outside of snips in commercials since my parents' cassette and vinyl collection 30 years ago. I think I like the pop single core more than the mid-way break where they decide to be a progressive rock experiment, but this is an incredibly peaceful track and I don't hear it as a full song start to finish often enough for it to feel anything like the cheesy cop-out sub that it probably is. The abrasiveness of the accordion and clown fart synth wear out their welcome if I listen to it more than once without a break for other songs.

16. ISO #466
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    21st place:

roro__b

Daemonicus - We Feast on Your Flesh

I like how hard this goes but I think its relevance to the category is dubious. I suppose if they feasted on my flesh that would be an ending of sorts. gg?

This really kicks though lol I kind of love it.

$%#! it let's go. Suffocate; the plague will win etc etc.

17. ISO #467
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    20th place:

marmot

Yo La Tengo - You Can Have It All

Cat 8 is usually some sort of goodbye. I've ran ones that catered to melancholy heartwarming farewells before. This year's needed some elements of... triumph, positive resolution, the winner exiting the stage, or if not that then at least blissful unravveling, I think. This is really pretty and a generally category-8-appropriate song but... There was a place for a little sadness to see it all go. This is just so much of that that it's clashing with my mood hard trying to place it among the others. It's been down in the tank depths and up pretty high and I ultimately settled on the middle slot.

18. ISO #468
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    TOP HALF

Ampharos
    Angrypotato
    Bloobird
    BLOODYRAIN10001
    Moose
    MyNameIsKPOP
    Newcomb
    nutella
    Relm
    Roman
    shubaka17
    soah
    sOHiJK
    staypositivefriend
    tane
    Tanner_FromHighschool
    vanity.
    Zack
    Zarathustra
    Last edited by Shad; October 1st, 2022 at 08:18 PM.

19. ISO #469
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    19th place:

Bloobird

Felt - Primitive Painters

This feels so random, but this song reminds me of Moss Icon's Guatemala every time. I'll link it, but my copy is a personal vinyl rip from the original 12" a friend sent me 20 years ago and it doesn't appear to exist for streaming anywhere. The copy on Youtube is the same recording but taken from the discography released on cd in 2012 and it sounds like a wad of $%#! in comparison. ...Ok maybe my copy is the one that sounds terrible, but it's the version I grew to love damnit. Something in the rhythm and melodic speech of the vocals here is clicking with it hard for me, and both tracks are progressive plods around the same tempo. One is 80s indie pop and the other is classic emo but you know, aside from that...

I guess none of this had anything to do with the song you actually sent me. It was good.

20. ISO #470
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    18th place:

sOHiJK

Albert Ketèlbey - 'Appy 'Ampstead

Haha nice. I respect this approach and can't overstate how much I think this is actually a perfect category fit. I'm going to assume from this guy busting out the merry-go-round part of Over the Waves at 1:30 that this entire song is some insane medley of dozens of different famous classical melodies I don't know. I'm sure it isn't, but let's roll with that. Classical is hard for me to digest even when it's only two minutes, but luckily I still had some work to put in on wrapping up this category so a last minute sub had time to grow on me.

21. ISO #471
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    17th place:

BLOODYRAIN10001

Psybou-Kanojo - トランスフォームドエキゾチカ!!

This has some real Melt-Banana energy going on and even what appears to be an actual human on vocals. Probably the most frantic positivity sub I got to this category. Cheers.

22. ISO #472
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    16th place:

Relm

V.K克 - Chapter 17 from Love Nikki

This is a cut from the blockbuster smash gaming hit Love Nikki Dress UP Queen, but if you told me it was a bandcamp cozysynth artist I wouldn't have questioned you. Maybe the production not sounding like it just crawled out of the abyss of hell to bake you a warm apple pie gives it away a little bit.

I enjoyed this a lot. It doesn't feel like much of a closing track to me? I mean, besides being a waltz, which all closing tracks ought to be really. Maybe the problem is that this is uh pretty close to the sort of things I actually listen to when people aren't sending me music. :eyes:

23. ISO #473
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    TOP 15

Ampharos
    Angrypotato
    Moose
    MyNameIsKPOP
    Newcomb
    nutella
    Roman
    shubaka17
    soah
    staypositivefriend
    tane
    Tanner_FromHighschool
    vanity.
    Zack
    Zarathustra

24. ISO #474
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    15th place:

Zarathustra

Mitsunori Ikeda - Fallen Angel (feat. Aimee B)

Glad to know one of the better subs here came from something called "Panty & Stocking". I will not be asking google for more information. This could conclude just about any urban-themed drama, and I don't think that's really what we're supposed to be doing here. But it makes me happy and I enjoyed it a tier above most.

25. ISO #475
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    14th place:

Ampharos

Thank You Scientist - Plague Accommodations

Nothing wrong with some Coheed and Cambria worship. They've been so non-existent in walruses that I kind of figured they broke up after the Good Apollo albums and history left them in the dust, but apparently they've released six albums since then including one this year. I checked to see if there was band member overlap and there isn't quite, but the romance is as blatant as it sounds. Claudio Sanchez signed them to his label and they've opened for him on tours.

I'm not really feeling closer energy on this? I don't have a singular vision in mind that would constitute that, just this feels like a very meat and potato track. It progs on with equal doses of joy and suspense and feels like it's telling a musical story, not concluding one. The positive energy is good enough for me to put it pretty close to where I want to anyway.

26. ISO #476
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    13th place:

Zack

AJJ - Big Bird

My AJJ appreciation is not very consistent. Two first place finishes and a couple of tank slots. The two that did the most for me were both very awkward self-conscious over the top lyrically in a way that was both sensationalist and relatable. This one's a lot more... I dunno, normal? I don't really get what the thing with the phoenix and the knife is all about, but it's otherwise just a litany of sources of anxiety without much comedic undertone that I'm picking up on. Maybe there's something to it I'm just not getting, but somewhere in that lies the hook that would have made it a compelling optimistic closer to me.

I mean, it fits a niche here. Its got all the appropriate tones of a big bellowing outro track. The not quite comprehensible but faux-profound lyrics match the description I gave you. That super deep I don't know what instrument it is off the top of my head and don't feel like looking it up at this point almost feels like the sound the flying whale in the picture would be making. I can't deny its keen attunement to the category description, albeit not the samples. I don't personally enjoy it on quite the level that I really want to, but when I can say the same about so many others, yeah, not going to rob this.

27. ISO #477
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    12th place:

soah

Véhémence - De Feu et d'Acier

I had two separate people recommend a track off Par le Sang Versé. I gave it a superficial spin and dove no further at the time, but when Ordalies dropped this year and I was told to check it out if I liked Passéisme, it seemed pretty obvious that I was missing out, so I picked up their discography. They've seen a decent amount of spins at work since, but I still never got particularly invested in it. It's something in the production. They got all the song-writing fundamentals right but shipped it in a very bland way to me. The drums lost a lot of their punch. Everything kind of washes into to the background. For a song with so much explosiveness, none of its parts stand out distinctly to me unless I'm sitting there actively paying attention. I still enjoy them, just not quiiite as much as I want to.

That being said, when I was still brushing this off a bit I found myself in an atypical place this category of only having 9 songs I wanted to top 10, and after spending a long time reskimming others and going not quite there, I remembered to put this back on and it was just obviously preferable to me over everything I'd considered before it. In a medieval-vibing metal bubble it doesn't fit quite the perfect mood to be a default over Passéisme or Obsequiae or Peste Noire, but it's still pretty damn good.

lol joke's on you a late sub bumped you back out and then I decided I like ambient noise more too

28. ISO #478
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    11th place:

vanity.

Fennesz - Happy Audio

I wish I could directly post the creation that I stole cat 8's picture from. It was a unique piece of audio-visual art that a still frame doesn't entirely capture. But if a song was tacked on for the ride, this would be just about perfect. Actually watching the whale animation with its sound muted and this playing right now and they're mutually enhancing each other. This is pretty far removed from anything I had in mind for the category but uniquely well suited for the specific flavor I laid out.

I definitely like this better at the beginning than at the end. The sounds that take over for the closing few minutes sound like extreme compression amplified and it's a trick to not hear it as some abomination 32kps clip from the olden days. But yeah on the whole this is rad and I can't get over how keenly it clicks with the image.

29. ISO #479
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    TOP 10

Angrypotato
    Moose
    MyNameIsKPOP
    Newcomb
    nutella
    Roman
    shubaka17
    staypositivefriend
    tane
    Tanner_FromHighschool

30. ISO #480
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    10th place:

Moose

De Smurfen - Blijf Er Maar Van Dromen

What on earth did you send me? Having never actually heard of the original song before--predictable given its 2.05 billion views--and not knowing a lick of the German beyond "smurf" and "football", I'm experiencing this pretty non-memely and it's honestly really great!

This was always in my top 10 and I couldn't bring myself to remove it. It has such a peaceful happy ending vibe to me and the smurf voices enhance it, somehow. So unless Moose has been out exploring with Dora, we should be able to give him a proper send off.

31. ISO #481
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    9th place:

tane

valyri - Lightning Strikes in the Darkest Places

I got two subs that felt like they really tapped into the specific imagery I included for the category, and this is the other one. I don't know how people write music like this. It's really hard to wrap my head around. From 2:15 on it feels so random but yet still holds together. It's like someone wrote the soundtrack to an audio waveform visualizer. It's enchanting and pretty perfect for the context despite being nothing at all like what I expected to receive here.

32. ISO #482
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    8th place:

Roman

Magdalena Bay - The Beginning

I didn't get many subs to this category that went straight for bold and fun despite every sample (in my opinion at least) doing that? This is the price I pay for letting The Specials win last year. Thanks for this it's adorable.

33. ISO #483
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    7th place:

Newcomb

BRADIO - Flyers

This category was in dire need of more BRADIO. I didn't actually remember how the last sub I got went until I put it back on a minute ago, just that I liked it a liiiittle more than this. A faster pace, intentionally campier flare, relentless optimism, and maybe less down time in the verses. But this has an almost melancholy undertone to it--a fair bit more appropriate for the present category than that song would have been. I definitely enjoyed it. Its mood is so utterly appropriate to a closing category that its sporadic losses of energy don't phase me much. Loved the solo and chorus.

34. ISO #484
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    6th place:

shubaka17

Platina Jazz - Come, Sweet Death

This could be criminally basic, but I'm a huge sucker for this style as real ultimate closer jam and this one got to me instantly. It's the post-encore. The last gasp of energy has expended itself and we're just waltzing in a smooth blissful haze towards the exit. I'd probably? heard the song before cat 6 and not thought much of it, but the clarity and precision in his voice in that soft, lighter than air jazz space makes it so compelling.

Coincidental to receiving two Come Sweet Death covers in this Walrus, watching Evangelion is top of my to do list after finishing up cat 8. I've been meaning to since literally the 90s and finally bought it a couple months ago. I'm usually good for one anime series a year, and this one's locked in. Now I'm going to hear this in my head any time the track rolls and love it substantially more than I could have otherwise. I already feel a sort of connection there. Nostalgia for media I've never actually encountered outside of the soundtrack is nothing foreign to me; I rabidly collect vgm and barely play any of the games. Maybe this got some sort of familiarity bias despite no prior engagement.

35. ISO #485
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    TOP 5

Angrypotato
    MyNameIsKPOP
    nutella
    staypositivefriend
    Tanner_FromHighschool

36. ISO #486
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    5th place:

staypositivefriend

Home Is Where - Assisted Harakiri

Never mind we're still going.

Fate very comically placed this immediately after Green Day in the alphabetical sort that formed my work playlist for a week.

37. ISO #487
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    4th place:

nutella

The Family Crest - There's a Thunder

Nice. Now this is some legitimate grand no regrets closer energy. In hindsight, I left my description pretty open-ended and limited the specifics of what I was looking for to the samples. I tried to not be tooooo hypercritical of that, but this is so much closer to what I was actually looking for. There's room for sad farewells, but at the end of the day I wanted victory to shine through.

38. ISO #488
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    3rd place:

Tanner_FromHighschool

Shoji Aketagawa, Kan Mikami, & Toshiaki Ishizuka - 大感情

This has instant winner contention vibes in the vein of Vajra from last year. I googled it as soon as I typed that and Toshiaki Ishizuda and Kan Mikami are in fact both in Vajra, so I guess that's not too fringe of a read. The vocals have a bit of an appreciation curve, but I never disliked them. It was more that feeling that I knew I'd grow to like them a lot more over time, and then slowly hearing that come to realization in practice. This was probably more at home in cat 8 last year, but I won't let that stop it.

39. ISO #489
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    2nd place:

AngryPotato

黄沾 徐克 罗大佑 - 滄海一聲笑

This happened to come on last when I queued up the playlist for the first time and I... I never looked back. I just removed all of the other tracks and set it to repeat and listened to it for the rest of the night. This is gorgeous. If I even figured out what the artists' names were correctly I got lucky but I want to listen to this forever.

40. ISO #490
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    1st place:

MyNameIsKPOP

LOOΠΔ - Hula Hoop

When I opened the floodgates to alt subbing, it was primarily for the purpose of harvesting a quality cat 8 sub or two.. I'd been pretty disappointed by how this category shaped out on the whole. I was not.... expecting a new winner lol. You have no idea how stubborn and protective I can get of a track that I had slotted in the #1 slot for literally a month. You can't just walk in here and shove it aside with mind-blowingly blissful kpop. It's not supposed to work like this. I don't know hulalala hulalala hulahula who you think you are but uh

Thanks

See y'all next year.

41. ISO #491
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Final Scores

38. 57.4 Zander
    37. 58.9 Rhand
    36. 59.0 PunchyTheCat
    34. 61.6 Owner 2
    34. 61.6 Zack
    33. 64.0 Moose
    32. 64.5 Owner of a Lonely Heart
    31. 66.0 shubaka17
    29. 66.6 Ace Marvel
    29. 66.6 sOHiJK
    28. 67.5 tonystarkprime
    26. 68.4 Ampharos
    26. 68.4 Angrypotato
    25. 69.0 Relm
    24. 69.3 Visorslash
    23. 69.4 roro__b
    22. 70.6 LordQuas
    21. 71.1 soah 2
    20. 71.6 MyNameIsNothing
    19. 72.8 Bloobird
    18. 72.9 birdwithteeth11
    17. 73.5 ladd
    16. 73.6 Mischief
    15. 74.2 BLOODYRAIN10001
    14. 74.4 Psycho666Soldier
    13. 75.0 Tanner_FromHighschool
    11. 75.1 Kane
    11. 75.1 MyNameIsKPOP
    10. 76.4 tane
    9. 76.7 Newcomb
    8. 77.6 Roman
    7. 77.8 staypositivefriend
    6. 78.0 marmot
    5. 78.7 nutella
    4. 78.8 Schiavetto
    3. 79.1 soah
    2. 80.1 vanity.
    1. 80.3 Zarathustra

42. ISO #492
    Community
    aops + mgg
    AKA
    broken caps lock
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

43. ISO #493
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#480)
    10th place:

Moose

De Smurfen - Blijf Er Maar Van Dromen

What on earth did you send me? Having never actually heard of the original song before--predictable given its 2.05 billion views--and not knowing a lick of the German beyond "smurf" and "football", I'm experiencing this pretty non-memely and it's honestly really great!

This was always in my top 10 and I couldn't bring myself to remove it. It has such a peaceful happy ending vibe to me and the smurf voices enhance it, somehow. So unless Moose has been out exploring with Dora, we should be able to give him a proper send off.

Words cannot describe what happened with the reveal of this song

But here was Moose's actual submission, which the walrus gods saw fit to redirect from me onto a smurf video before I had copied the audio

The rest, ah, participants' privilege....

44. ISO #494
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Trophy case

Walrus 1
    Winner: Roman
    2nd: Newcomb
    3rd: Visorslash
    4th: Ampharos
    5th: tane

Walrus 2
    Winner: Newcomb