Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 3315

Thread: Season 9, Game 8: Mafia! A musical revue [Mafia Championship]

View Game in Database
  1. ISO #51
    Soul Reader Achromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,092
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#45)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#35)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#30)
    Nice flex lol, also town-indicative
    I do like to flex it is true. Why do you think it is a town indicator?
    I don't think mafia would be eager to boast about winning as anti-town
    why not? I don't think boasting about a winning game, in which they played for a month, is really indicative of town or mafia

    Can you truly not think of a reason why mafia could in theory not want to boast about their anti town skill? Feels like his theory is self evident even if you want to disagree with it. Why not is an odd question here.

  2. ISO #52
    Soul Reader The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,670
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic

  3. ISO #53
    Thread Analyst Johanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    712
    Community
    CFC
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I think my last win in a Mafia game was two years ago, as a wolf.

    I haven't rolled wolf since and I haven't won a game since. Hopefully this one trumps the trend.

  4. ISO #54
    Soul Reader Achromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,092
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#49)
    sorta vaguely leaning town on Hectic

    a couple of their posts on Achro (e.g. P#24) synced up with my initial gut reactions to Achro's posts -- when I actually thought about those posts I was pretty sure those things weren't actually town-AI but Hectic's initial reactions being so similar makes me feel like they were probably real thoughts
    This is true tbh

  5. ISO #55
    Wants It More Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    8,288
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Fortress of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why Hectic?

  6. ISO #56
    Soul Reader digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,209
    Community
    Mangahelpers
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet (#48)
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude (#44)
    Yes its random to get conversation going, seems it worked. I guess just cause he is most present in the thread he was more in my mind than other players.
    In that case, it's not really random. It's an intentional vote to spur discussion on a vocal player.
    No, its to spur discussion in general, are we speaking about archomatic right now? don't think so.

  7. ISO #57
    Soul Reader The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,670
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#55)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why Hectic?
    Ehh feeling, nothing much tbh

  8. ISO #58
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    253,441
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 9, Game 8: Mafia! A musical revue [Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    1 Johanna Arete (7)
    1 Arete Johanna (8)
    1 Achromatic digitaldude (4)
    1 Hectic The Penguin (10)
    11 Not voting Achromatic (9), Celever (0), Dangerhaz (0), don_3000 (1), Gellert (2), Hectic (6), Mr. Turtle (0), Ratchet (3), Saint (0), Shawn (0), Ultimate-Gamer (1)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 2:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, June 15th, 2022. There are 1655316060000 remaining.

  9. ISO #59
    Shoes... Yum! Ultimate-Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    536
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    starmen.net
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Oh! Being brought to L3, knee-jerk voting the remaining town saying if they flip town I will eat a shoe. And then having to eat a shoe on camera

  10. ISO #60
    Thread Analyst Johanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    712
    Community
    CFC
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why the rush!

    All the reads, all the votes, I'm overwhelmed. This is what happens when you retire from Mafia.

    I try to get out, and they pull me back in. (al_pacino.gif)

  11. ISO #61
    Thread Analyst Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    323
    Timezone
    UTC-01:00
    Gender
    Ehh is my favourite kind of feeling too

  12. ISO #62
    Thread Analyst Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    323
    Timezone
    UTC-01:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#60)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why the rush!

    All the reads, all the votes, I'm overwhelmed. This is what happens when you retire from Mafia.

    I try to get out, and they pull me back in. (al_pacino.gif)
    I'm a little overwhelmed by 14 new faces too lol, gonna take a while to distinguish between everyone in my head

    Getting votes out isn't a bad idea though, good for early discussion

    [v]don_3000[v]

  13. ISO #63
    Thread Analyst Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    323
    Timezone
    UTC-01:00
    Gender
    ##Vote don_3000

  14. ISO #64
    Soul Reader digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,209
    Community
    Mangahelpers
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#62)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#60)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why the rush!

    All the reads, all the votes, I'm overwhelmed. This is what happens when you retire from Mafia.

    I try to get out, and they pull me back in. (al_pacino.gif)
    I'm a little overwhelmed by 14 new faces too lol, gonna take a while to distinguish between everyone in my head

    Getting votes out isn't a bad idea though, good for early discussion

    [v]don_3000[v]
    Agree there is also no majority ends the day early, we can toss some votes around see what arises.

  15. ISO #65
    Thread Analyst Johanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    712
    Community
    CFC
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Lmao, certainly I hope we don't reach maj anytime soon.

    Unless someone does a 1610.

  16. ISO #66
    Soul Reader The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,670
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#60)
    All the reads, all the votes, I'm overwhelmed. This is what happens when you retire from Mafia.

    I try to get out, and they pull me back in. (al_pacino.gif)
    Just take your time, I hope everything will be a okay

  17. ISO #67
    Soul Reader Ratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,182
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#60)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why the rush!

    All the reads, all the votes, I'm overwhelmed. This is what happens when you retire from Mafia.

    I try to get out, and they pull me back in. (al_pacino.gif)
    Ehhh. What's the problem with one vote? Granted I'm used to twenty votes in the first minute sort of pace, but relatively speaking this has been pretty gentle has starts go. I feel like you're struggling to post naturally here.

    ##Vote Johanna

  18. ISO #68
    Thread Analyst Gellert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    278
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Untrusted
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#45)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#35)
    I do like to flex it is true. Why do you think it is a town indicator?
    I don't think mafia would be eager to boast about winning as anti-town
    why not? I don't think boasting about a winning game, in which they played for a month, is really indicative of town or mafia

    Can you truly not think of a reason why mafia could in theory not want to boast about their anti town skill? Feels like his theory is self evident even if you want to disagree with it. Why not is an odd question here.
    I mean, doesn't it really depend on the person? People like to boast about their achievements in general, and also, going by that logic, the primary reason for you to mention that is to make the public have town reads on you, no?
    It would make sense if that was the case, because hectic's response to it wasn't really defensive as yours.

  19. ISO #69
    Soul Reader digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,209
    Community
    Mangahelpers
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate-Gamer (#59)
    Oh! Being brought to L3, knee-jerk voting the remaining town saying if they flip town I will eat a shoe. And then having to eat a shoe on camera
    What did he mean by this?

  20. ISO #70
    Soul Reader Achromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,092
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?

  21. ISO #71
    Soul Reader Ratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,182
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    Well, my vote isn't going to induce panic I hope. I'm quite happy with where it is while Johanna finds their feet.

  22. ISO #72
    Thread Analyst don_3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    366
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Social deduction DK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    As I work through town with the wife I see a ton of people on Town Square pointing fingers at eachother speaking gibberish about knowing eachother from other games and such. And voting on random people, I stop up and look at well-dressed man with a tall red hat and a nice mustache and in that instance he points to me and says "I ote don_3000", the others look at him a bit confused, so he corrects himself and goes "I vote don_3000". Not impressed with the action not understanding a thing of what is going on I wander off towards Town Hall for the dinner party, hoping that at least some of those people standing on Town Square will join the dinner, as to get more information on what the heck is going on on this evening of the premiere of the new revue at the theater. I take a big zip of my flask and feel the warmth running through my body as the alcohol works its magic.

    [Second game for me, I still have a hard time reading people because it is all in writing, so much like my Scandinavian co-player, The Penguin, I am not nearly as good here as IRL.]

  23. ISO #73
    Wants It More Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    8,288
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Fortress of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    idk that this train of thought really makes sense since Ratchet seemed to be suggesting that the overwhelmed-ness was the reason for the vote

    elaborate on why you think this is /wolf-indicative/ (as opposed to, like, 'mildly mean') from Ratchet?

  24. ISO #74
    Thread Analyst Johanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    712
    Community
    CFC
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet (#67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#60)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why the rush!

    All the reads, all the votes, I'm overwhelmed. This is what happens when you retire from Mafia.

    I try to get out, and they pull me back in. (al_pacino.gif)
    Ehhh. What's the problem with one vote? Granted I'm used to twenty votes in the first minute sort of pace, but relatively speaking this has been pretty gentle has starts go. I feel like you're struggling to post naturally here.

    ##Vote Johanna
    Sigh. That's okay, you play at a speed that I do not. I think that's my cue to take it easy.

  25. ISO #75
    Thread Analyst Gellert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    278
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Untrusted
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?

  26. ISO #76
    Thread Analyst don_3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    366
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Social deduction DK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Well if we really have to brag, I was still alive when we (townsfolk) lost the game last year! That is my best accomplishment so far.

  27. ISO #77
    Soul Reader Achromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,092
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#68)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#45)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#37)
    I don't think mafia would be eager to boast about winning as anti-town
    why not? I don't think boasting about a winning game, in which they played for a month, is really indicative of town or mafia

    Can you truly not think of a reason why mafia could in theory not want to boast about their anti town skill? Feels like his theory is self evident even if you want to disagree with it. Why not is an odd question here.
    I mean, doesn't it really depend on the person? People like to boast about their achievements in general, and also, going by that logic, the primary reason for you to mention that is to make the public have town reads on you, no?
    It would make sense if that was the case, because hectic's response to it wasn't really defensive as yours.

    My primary reason was because it was a fun game. I think his theory is naive and not a strong basis for a read but I would hope you have a little more imagination when pondering perspectives.

  28. ISO #78
    Soul Reader Ratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,182
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#74)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet (#67)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#60)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin (#52)
    All right, kinda wanna vote so ##Vote Hectic
    Why the rush!

    All the reads, all the votes, I'm overwhelmed. This is what happens when you retire from Mafia.

    I try to get out, and they pull me back in. (al_pacino.gif)
    Ehhh. What's the problem with one vote? Granted I'm used to twenty votes in the first minute sort of pace, but relatively speaking this has been pretty gentle has starts go. I feel like you're struggling to post naturally here.

    ##Vote Johanna
    Sigh. That's okay, you play at a speed that I do not. I think that's my cue to take it easy.
    You absolutely should be taking it easy - if you're Town, I assume you're confident in being able to display that?

  29. ISO #79
    Soul Reader Achromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,092
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#75)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?
    It is fairly easy for scum to place a vote on someone feeling overwhelmed in hopes of getting them to blunder. I thought the timing of that vote was a little too good.

  30. ISO #80
    Thread Analyst Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    323
    Timezone
    UTC-01:00
    Gender
    Alright, enough formalities and japes, let's get down to business...



    Here's my avatar reads sorted in a helpful tier list. Some notes:

    Saint - Feel they're trying too hard to look towny with the halo + the smile has a demonic vibe
    Mr. Turtle - Incapable of doing wrong
    Achromatic - You'd think Tywin would be lower, but I think there's opportunity for redemption from him, he always seemed like a big softie at heart

  31. ISO #81
    Soul Reader digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,209
    Community
    Mangahelpers
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by don_3000 (#15)
    I walk out of the nearby forest after a day of picking berries and other useful stuff for the weekend at hand, and more specifically for the musical revue on tonight at the town theater. I am excited to go and see my fellow townsfolk at such a marvelous music occasion.
    What have they come up with this year I wonder as I open the gate to my nice little house close to central square of town, “Will they finally use one of my songs” I hear myself mumble as I open the front-door before giving a shout out to the wife, letting her know that I am home from a fruitful day [pun intended] in the forest.
    I grab an ice-cold 12,5cl bottle of Crémant in the fridge and pour it into a champagne glass, ‘tonight we dine with the fine’ I say to myself as a small cheer while sitting down in my armchair, but also as a reminder to myself that prior to the show I will be having a dinner with the Mayor, the Fire-chief and their wives. Life is indeed great; I hope I get to carry on with this life in this lovely place for a long time.
    [Disclaimer: In real life I am studying to be a teacher, and on June 24th I will have my final exam and afterwards the official graduation is ongoing, so there will be a dinner and party afterwards. On June 25th I will be attending the Danish Championship in Flamme Rouge (the board game) where I hope to reach a top 10 placement, if possible. Without having checked if any of those dates are nighttime I will be less active those two days, if still alive, due to other obligations. Just letting you know ahead of time so you won’t be annoyed with missing activity from my part.]
    Quote Originally Posted by don_3000 (#72)
    As I work through town with the wife I see a ton of people on Town Square pointing fingers at eachother speaking gibberish about knowing eachother from other games and such. And voting on random people, I stop up and look at well-dressed man with a tall red hat and a nice mustache and in that instance he points to me and says "I ote don_3000", the others look at him a bit confused, so he corrects himself and goes "I vote don_3000". Not impressed with the action not understanding a thing of what is going on I wander off towards Town Hall for the dinner party, hoping that at least some of those people standing on Town Square will join the dinner, as to get more information on what the heck is going on on this evening of the premiere of the new revue at the theater. I take a big zip of my flask and feel the warmth running through my body as the alcohol works its magic.

    [Second game for me, I still have a hard time reading people because it is all in writing, so much like my Scandinavian co-player, The Penguin, I am not nearly as good here as IRL.]
    If you post like this the entire game, its gonna be an entertaining one.

  32. ISO #82
    Soul Reader digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,209
    Community
    Mangahelpers
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#75)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?
    It is fairly easy for scum to place a vote on someone feeling overwhelmed in hopes of getting them to blunder. I thought the timing of that vote was a little too good.
    I guess....but......there is 47 hours left.

  33. ISO #83
    Shoes... Yum! Ultimate-Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    536
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    starmen.net
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#49)
    sorta vaguely leaning town on Hectic

    a couple of their posts on Achro (e.g. P#24) synced up with my initial gut reactions to Achro's posts -- when I actually thought about those posts I was pretty sure those things weren't actually town-AI but Hectic's initial reactions being so similar makes me feel like they were probably real thoughts
    Oh this is interesting. See, normally I see attempts at gut reads this early as slightly scummy. Like trying to give the impression that they're contributing with a gut read that can't possibly have any real substance...

    However... ngl your followup and reasoning isn't bad. I actaully kinda like this post.

  34. ISO #84
    Soul Reader Ratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,182
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#75)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?
    It is fairly easy for scum to place a vote on someone feeling overwhelmed in hopes of getting them to blunder. I thought the timing of that vote was a little too good.
    I mean, my vote was intentionally in response to the post made about being overwhelmed, so timing wise I concede I placed my vote in the hopes of getting something. Not a blunder, of course, but some reaction or behaviour to read them from.

  35. ISO #85
    Thread Analyst Gellert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    278
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Untrusted
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#75)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?
    It is fairly easy for scum to place a vote on someone feeling overwhelmed in hopes of getting them to blunder. I thought the timing of that vote was a little too good.
    ooh, interesting take on it, can see the logic behind it. Perhaps you're not just doing all the takes for show like I thought.

  36. ISO #86
    Thread Analyst Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    323
    Timezone
    UTC-01:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude (#81)
    Quote Originally Posted by don_3000 (#15)
    I walk out of the nearby forest after a day of picking berries and other useful stuff for the weekend at hand, and more specifically for the musical revue on tonight at the town theater. I am excited to go and see my fellow townsfolk at such a marvelous music occasion.
    What have they come up with this year I wonder as I open the gate to my nice little house close to central square of town, “Will they finally use one of my songs” I hear myself mumble as I open the front-door before giving a shout out to the wife, letting her know that I am home from a fruitful day [pun intended] in the forest.
    I grab an ice-cold 12,5cl bottle of Crémant in the fridge and pour it into a champagne glass, ‘tonight we dine with the fine’ I say to myself as a small cheer while sitting down in my armchair, but also as a reminder to myself that prior to the show I will be having a dinner with the Mayor, the Fire-chief and their wives. Life is indeed great; I hope I get to carry on with this life in this lovely place for a long time.
    [Disclaimer: In real life I am studying to be a teacher, and on June 24th I will have my final exam and afterwards the official graduation is ongoing, so there will be a dinner and party afterwards. On June 25th I will be attending the Danish Championship in Flamme Rouge (the board game) where I hope to reach a top 10 placement, if possible. Without having checked if any of those dates are nighttime I will be less active those two days, if still alive, due to other obligations. Just letting you know ahead of time so you won’t be annoyed with missing activity from my part.]
    Quote Originally Posted by don_3000 (#72)
    As I work through town with the wife I see a ton of people on Town Square pointing fingers at eachother speaking gibberish about knowing eachother from other games and such. And voting on random people, I stop up and look at well-dressed man with a tall red hat and a nice mustache and in that instance he points to me and says "I ote don_3000", the others look at him a bit confused, so he corrects himself and goes "I vote don_3000". Not impressed with the action not understanding a thing of what is going on I wander off towards Town Hall for the dinner party, hoping that at least some of those people standing on Town Square will join the dinner, as to get more information on what the heck is going on on this evening of the premiere of the new revue at the theater. I take a big zip of my flask and feel the warmth running through my body as the alcohol works its magic.

    [Second game for me, I still have a hard time reading people because it is all in writing, so much like my Scandinavian co-player, The Penguin, I am not nearly as good here as IRL.]
    If you post like this the entire game, its gonna be an entertaining one.
    Also a very hard to read his alignment one lol, but I'm enjoying it so far

  37. ISO #87
    Soul Reader The Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,670
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    El Penguino, Pingu
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude (#82)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#75)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?
    It is fairly easy for scum to place a vote on someone feeling overwhelmed in hopes of getting them to blunder. I thought the timing of that vote was a little too good.
    I guess....but......there is 47 hours left.
    Pressure waits for no one. /lh

  38. ISO #88
    Thread Analyst don_3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    366
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Social deduction DK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Haha I love the Tier-list based on pictures. You can never go wrong with Captain Planet, he has Earth, Wind, Fire, well those of you old enough knows the rest. Or well at least in Denmark the show is not on anymore as far as I know.

    And yeah that turtle wouldn't hurt a fly. Or would it?

  39. ISO #89
    Soul Reader Ratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,182
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#80)
    Alright, enough formalities and japes, let's get down to business...



    Here's my avatar reads sorted in a helpful tier list. Some notes:

    Saint - Feel they're trying too hard to look towny with the halo + the smile has a demonic vibe
    Mr. Turtle - Incapable of doing wrong
    Achromatic - You'd think Tywin would be lower, but I think there's opportunity for redemption from him, he always seemed like a big softie at heart
    I'm going to need a good reason for why you have my kawaii Nozaki-kun avatar at D-tier.

  40. ISO #90
    Shoes... Yum! Ultimate-Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    536
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    starmen.net
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude (#69)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate-Gamer (#59)
    Oh! Being brought to L3, knee-jerk voting the remaining town saying if they flip town I will eat a shoe. And then having to eat a shoe on camera
    What did he mean by this?
    Oh shoot that was supposed to be in response to Achromatic but it didn't quite work. I guess the "reply" button doesn't reference the original post. Yeah it was a reference to the last championship game I played. Five years ago.

  41. ISO #91
    Thread Analyst Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    323
    Timezone
    UTC-01:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet (#89)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#80)
    Alright, enough formalities and japes, let's get down to business...



    Here's my avatar reads sorted in a helpful tier list. Some notes:

    Saint - Feel they're trying too hard to look towny with the halo + the smile has a demonic vibe
    Mr. Turtle - Incapable of doing wrong
    Achromatic - You'd think Tywin would be lower, but I think there's opportunity for redemption from him, he always seemed like a big softie at heart
    I'm going to need a good reason for why you have my kawaii Nozaki-kun avatar at D-tier.
    You have murderous eyes, I could see you forming an empire and pillaging a country or two

  42. ISO #92
    Thread Analyst Gellert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    278
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Untrusted
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#91)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet (#89)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#80)
    Alright, enough formalities and japes, let's get down to business...



    Here's my avatar reads sorted in a helpful tier list. Some notes:

    Saint - Feel they're trying too hard to look towny with the halo + the smile has a demonic vibe
    Mr. Turtle - Incapable of doing wrong
    Achromatic - You'd think Tywin would be lower, but I think there's opportunity for redemption from him, he always seemed like a big softie at heart
    I'm going to need a good reason for why you have my kawaii Nozaki-kun avatar at D-tier.
    You have murderous eyes, I could see you forming an empire and pillaging a country or two
    that would be based though

  43. ISO #93
    Thread Analyst Hectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    323
    Timezone
    UTC-01:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate-Gamer (#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#49)
    sorta vaguely leaning town on Hectic

    a couple of their posts on Achro (e.g. P#24) synced up with my initial gut reactions to Achro's posts -- when I actually thought about those posts I was pretty sure those things weren't actually town-AI but Hectic's initial reactions being so similar makes me feel like they were probably real thoughts
    Oh this is interesting. See, normally I see attempts at gut reads this early as slightly scummy. Like trying to give the impression that they're contributing with a gut read that can't possibly have any real substance...

    However... ngl your followup and reasoning isn't bad. I actaully kinda like this post.
    What's your take on my initial read on Achro?

  44. ISO #94
    Soul Reader Ratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,182
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#91)
    You have murderous eyes, I could see you forming an empire and pillaging a country or two
    ;-;

    That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me.

  45. ISO #95
    Soul Reader Achromatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,092
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#85)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#75)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#70)
    ##Vote Ratchet

    I don't like that you placed a vote on someone who is admitting to feeling overwhelmed. Surely we can play nice for a little bit with 3 scum to find, yeah?
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?
    It is fairly easy for scum to place a vote on someone feeling overwhelmed in hopes of getting them to blunder. I thought the timing of that vote was a little too good.
    ooh, interesting take on it, can see the logic behind it. Perhaps you're not just doing all the takes for show like I thought.
    I do enjoy using my brain it is true.

    Ratchet quite possible for you to have benign reasons for your vote. I just wanted you to know that I see you and to be mindful of things. I've got my eye on you when you are pressuring someone I feel could have equity as a town member who could "slip." Blind 11/14 chance this is a good precaution. I also have other equity with this vote beyond just voting you of course.

  46. ISO #96
    Thread Analyst Johanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    712
    Community
    CFC
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#80)
    Alright, enough formalities and japes, let's get down to business...



    Here's my avatar reads sorted in a helpful tier list. Some notes:

    Saint - Feel they're trying too hard to look towny with the halo + the smile has a demonic vibe
    Mr. Turtle - Incapable of doing wrong
    Achromatic - You'd think Tywin would be lower, but I think there's opportunity for redemption from him, he always seemed like a big softie at heart
    Delightful, thank you for this. I would place your Mario at B because he seems a bit too solicitous not to be hiding something.

  47. ISO #97
    Soul Reader Ratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,182
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#95)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#85)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#79)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gellert (#75)
    A little bit AtEish, don't you think?
    It is fairly easy for scum to place a vote on someone feeling overwhelmed in hopes of getting them to blunder. I thought the timing of that vote was a little too good.
    ooh, interesting take on it, can see the logic behind it. Perhaps you're not just doing all the takes for show like I thought.
    I do enjoy using my brain it is true.

    Ratchet quite possible for you to have benign reasons for your vote. I just wanted you to know that I see you and to be mindful of things. I've got my eye on you when you are pressuring someone I feel could have equity as a town member who could "slip." Blind 11/14 chance this is a good precaution. I also have other equity with this vote beyond just voting you of course.
    Fair.

  48. ISO #98
    Wants It More Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    8,288
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Fortress of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    idk what either of their alignments are but Achro and Johanna aren't w/w, the way Achro is trying to position himself as Johanna's metaphorical knight in shining armor isn't partnery

  49. ISO #99
    Thread Analyst don_3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    366
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Social deduction DK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#80)
    As we near Town Hall, basically 15 seconds after seeing the crowd standing on Town square arguing I notice a poster with my picture nearly in the top, I point at it to let the wife know, and say "Would you look at that, I have no idea what it is, but A is in front of me, so it must be something awesome." I notice that some of the others on the poster are the people standing behind me on Town Square, so despite not recalling seeing any of them before, here I am looking at a poster with myself and them on it. Oddly the well-dressed man with the red top-hat is not to be found on the list, until I notice his face in the lower right hand corner with a nice little copyright logo afterwards.

    "Uh honey, that well-dressed man with the red top-hat and magnificent mustache must be some sort of artist, I wonder what this means..." I think to myself to go back and ask him, but time is flying and we are already a bit late, due to the fact that the wife had to change into an even tighter dress after being ready or cause I just had to try out the new cider from the farm on the outskirts of town, and that bottle was quite large, but you can not stop in the midst of a bottle, as my father always said. So nonetheless, we were running a bit late, so talking to the well-dressed man with the red top-hat and great mustache had to wait. Exciting things often have to wait when appointments are in the way. "Shall we move on" my lady of luck asks, as I must have wandered of in my mind staring at the poster. "Uhm yes, I have heard a rumour that the Mayor will be trying different bottles from the wine cellar, can't be late for that now can we..."

  50. ISO #100
    Shoes... Yum! Ultimate-Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    536
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    starmen.net
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#93)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate-Gamer (#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#49)
    sorta vaguely leaning town on Hectic

    a couple of their posts on Achro (e.g. P#24) synced up with my initial gut reactions to Achro's posts -- when I actually thought about those posts I was pretty sure those things weren't actually town-AI but Hectic's initial reactions being so similar makes me feel like they were probably real thoughts
    Oh this is interesting. See, normally I see attempts at gut reads this early as slightly scummy. Like trying to give the impression that they're contributing with a gut read that can't possibly have any real substance...

    However... ngl your followup and reasoning isn't bad. I actaully kinda like this post.
    What's your take on my initial read on Achro?
    Ugh I can already tell this is gonna be a difficult game to follow. In the time it takes me to create a post a dozen more are made so I totally missed that lemme take a look here...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic (#24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#22)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanna (#17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#14)
    Hello Arete and Johanna. I take it you know each other from your bios. Would this be correct?

    Also hi ratchet
    From our bios? That's interesting.

    I think we played a mash together. The less said the better, because I honestly can't remember much.

    After you voted each other I glanced and noticed you both played at the same place at least once. Admittedly I forgot about spec chat being a thing.
    Very slightly +town, first alignment-indicative thing so far I'd say
    Meh??? I'm not really seeing anything that's PARTICULARLY alignment indicative. Nor do you state what exactly IS ai here. It's kinda what I was talking about with scummier players trying to give early gut reads to make themselves look like they're contributing more than they actually would be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter is an independently aligned role that starts the game with an assassination target. The Bounty Hunter may kill another player every night. If they kill their target, they will win the game.