Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm sunbae, ama

1. ISO #151
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#135)
    Best story about getting drunk(if any)?

One you are willing to share ofc
    Wasnt me drunk but we did get a knock on our door at like 1 am one night and opened it to some drunk guy asking if we had limes

I said yeah sure heres a few and he turns around, raises his hands in the air, and yells over the balcony "they have limes!" and you heard this entire crowd of people just roar their approval and start cheering "LIMES LIMES LIMES" from a few doors over and down a couple levels. So my roommates and I from then on chanted "LIMES LIMES LIMES" whenever someone brought limes home from the store
    Should we all chant this the next time Limestone plays a game and enters the thread?

Nobody tell him about this

2. ISO #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#150)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#141)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#134)
    How short is short?

Also what age bracket are you in? Something I've never thought about before now
    between 5 9 and a half and 5 10 and a half depending on how much im slouching

in the 27-35 age bracket
    So average height then

You know that's average height, right?
    I do, but

everyone else was like talking about being over 6 feet! lol

3. ISO #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#151)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#145)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#135)
    Best story about getting drunk(if any)?

One you are willing to share ofc
    Wasnt me drunk but we did get a knock on our door at like 1 am one night and opened it to some drunk guy asking if we had limes

I said yeah sure heres a few and he turns around, raises his hands in the air, and yells over the balcony "they have limes!" and you heard this entire crowd of people just roar their approval and start cheering "LIMES LIMES LIMES" from a few doors over and down a couple levels. So my roommates and I from then on chanted "LIMES LIMES LIMES" whenever someone brought limes home from the store
    Should we all chant this the next time Limestone plays a game and enters the thread?

Nobody tell him about this
    LIMES LIMES LIMES

4. ISO #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#150)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#141)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#134)
    How short is short?

Also what age bracket are you in? Something I've never thought about before now
    between 5 9 and a half and 5 10 and a half depending on how much im slouching

in the 27-35 age bracket
    So average height then

You know that's average height, right?
    I do, but

everyone else was like talking about being over 6 feet! lol
    Damn tall freaks, that's all i have to say about that

5. ISO #155
    Pronouns
    xe/xem/xyr + she/her/hers

6. ISO #156
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    GiTP / MU
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If you had to give someone in their first ever mafia game one paragraph of advice, what would it be?

Same question for first ever mash?

What's your favorite food you haven't eaten in the past year?

7. ISO #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#155)
    can i get mafia advice too please
    I won't go grab quotes or anything but will just mention the one thing that came to mind:

My largest thing would be to be more proactive rather than reactive as a wolf. In our reverse mentor game one of the things that helped me figure things out was that while a lot of the villa/villa violence was going on you were kinda just sitting back and letting it happen without trying to shake anything up. Which helped a lot to let that violence happen on those days, but at the end game with the knowledge that those were all villagers going at each other it made it easier to piece together the big picture of what the wolves were doing. It was good play on the micro level of those days but hurt the overall macro wolf plan.

So your gameplay on those days was reacting to the game state: "This game state is fine cause villagers are being pushed -> I won't do anything to shake it up" but I think could have been better used in a more proactive way of either "This game state is fine cause villagers are pushing each other -> I'm going to use this time to start distancing with my wolfmate so that when these flips happen people struggle to get to the correct answer of us two" or "This game state is fine cause villagers are pushing each other -> I'm going to start pushing a third villager so that when these two flip we've already got another one lines up that people feel needs to be resolved".

Like, in that game state I think it's hard for GH/Beck to both live and you can take that information to start setting up future days before the village can realize it and reset themselves. Instead, we were able to reset in F5 because there wasn't a "gosh we really needed to resolve X" person around nor any big distancing between the wolves so we were able to put the pieces together correctly.

Idk if thats helpful but it's what I got

8. ISO #158
    I guess another way to word that is "Use the full information to your advantage by planning out future days to look good for you. You can tell the thread consensus for the current day or two and know how those roles are going to flip, how can you use that information to your advantage to line up your future days near the end?"

9. ISO #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee (#156)
    If you had to give someone in their first ever mafia game one paragraph of advice, what would it be?

Same question for first ever mash?

What's your favorite food you haven't eaten in the past year?
    1. Just post what comes to your mind and ask every question you can think of. You're going to be out of your element and overwhelmed, but the worst thing you can be is closed off and hard to interact with. People will help you out, everyones started off at one point and been confused, its no biggie. Also, be sure to vote every day even if you are unsure.

2. Organization is key. You're going to have too much information to properly sort through so organize things like notable reads, claims, deaths, actions in one easy to understand location to help stay up to date. Dont try to read everyone. You wont be able to. Just focus on a small subsection of people and try to get those right and be vocal about those things.

3. chicken fried steak.

10. ISO #160
    Tonight and tomorrow will be the last days this is open and then I will go back to replying "lmao" and "idk, werewolf is hard" to any and all questions people ask me like i usually do. so get em in while you can

11. ISO #161
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    TZE
    Pronouns
    any
    i love you

this isnt a question, it is a declaration

i am stealing the declaration of independence

nya

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#2181)
    ...meow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#10803)
    REVEAL (PART SEVEN)

In first place and winning the Mafia Championship with 99 points is...

@katze (Throne of Lies)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#174)
    tl;dr: kat called my $%#! small, I townread it
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#8516)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#8515)
    The reality is that when you've soft defended half the wolf team, and tried to kill who I perceive as villagers, it's impossible for me to ever take that slot out of the PoE, or even trust them. I feel like they tried to open the PoE by bringing C4 back into the spotlight.
    hey put respect on my name

i also hard defended the other half of the wolfteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#39)
    what if kat is vt

would she throw like this
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#1)
    Today we celebrate the life, career, piety, and knowledge of Katze. The one who exposed the world to this truth and gave meaning to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#217)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#160)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#42)
    ##Vote Sleep

im tired and feel like staying in bed

also we don’t have enough info to execute someone d1 or something
    This immediately pings me a bit. Partially because i know it's not smart but also seems like he doesn't wanna step on toes so early.
    Yo katze

I feel like this might have been a joke post

But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

So can you tell me the rationale behind this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#738)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#736)
    How confident are you feeling on your kat SR? I'm still only seeing it.
    Like 100% she's either wolf or pr
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#587)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#586)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#584)
    katze is trying to discredit me without even asking why i think she's wolfy LMAO
    im discrediting you because i near-constantly watch you tunnel villagers every game you play

i don't really care why you wolfread me
    I think my ratio of being right to wrong is actually close to as good as yours, it's just when i'm wrong i'm a lot louder about it

also you are either a wolf or a PR, nowhere in between
    There's no inquisitiveness in your posts at all
    you are posting to placate rather than to hunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#762)
    Champs Practice Game 2: (Not So) Classic Movies Night 1 Results

Marluxion has died. They were: Town.

Night 1 has ended.

Night 1 ended at 5:00 PM EDT on Sunday, May 2nd, 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#2141)
    katze (Vanilla Town)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#2143)
    Wait kat was VT? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#714)
    Katze is uwu
    Quote Originally Posted by illario (#2944)
    Pretty sure Katze is just an innocent memer gamer girl who likes to joke around and play seriously as well and genuinely gets upset when her jokes are taken seriously and her seriousness is taken as jokes

And if she’s maf then she’s just a borderline sociopath memer girl whose jokes are just lies and her seriousness are just lies and everything about her is a lie and if she flips maf this game and I see her say anything remotely scummy in a future game I’m just gonna death tunnel her to the ends of the earth regardless of how genuine her posts may feel
    Quote Originally Posted by AYAYA (#6543)
    signing my posts makes me feel subhuman

- chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#238)
    you're not a reliable source of redcheck yet
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella
    i looked away for five minutes and katze faked a red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Why are you doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#11644)
    katze how the hell do you have 225 posts in a dead end phase
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#8832)
    ok katze is trolling me lmao

i feel your pain chloe.

12. ISO #162

Start at 22
    Last edited by Sunbae; June 24th, 2022 at 10:24 PM.

13. ISO #163
    Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#148)
    Fav sport to follow? To play?

Any sport you wished you picked up when you were young but never did?
    update: would add chess to the last part because i dont know shiiiiit. I played a game for the first time in a long time today just to kill time against a beginning computer player and ended up winning but i had zero idea what i was doing

1. e4 e5 2. d3 Nf6 3. f3 Be7 4. Bg5 Nh5 5. h4 h6 6. Be3 Na6 7. g4 O-O 8. gxh5 c5
    9. Bh3 Bf6 10. Ne2 d5 11. Nec3 Qa5 12. Qd2 d4 13. Na4 dxe3 14. Qxa5 b6 15. Qc3
    Rd8 16. Na3 Rb8 17. Nc4 b5 18. Bxc8 Rbxc8 19. Na5 bxa4 20. Nb7 Re8 21. Qa5 Rc7
    22. Qxa6 Re6 23. Qxa7 Re8 24. b3 Be7 25. bxa4 Bf8 26. a5 Kh8 27. a6 Kh7 28. Qb6
    Rb8 29. Qxc7 Kg8 30. Qxb8 Kh7 31. Qxf8 f6 32. Rg1 e2 33. Rxg7# 1-0

14. ISO #164
    Community
    2+2
    rather than what improvements to my mafia game could be made, i will save you several hours and myself the embarassment, but, i'm more interested in how you'd describe my style of play in various roles and formats if that makes sense.

e.g. impressions of me as a villager in long games, vs that in a turbo, or a mash, and the same for wolfing, etc.

15. ISO #165
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#164)
    rather than what improvements to my mafia game could be made, i will save you several hours and myself the embarassment, but, i'm more interested in how you'd describe my style of play in various roles and formats if that makes sense.

e.g. impressions of me as a villager in long games, vs that in a turbo, or a mash, and the same for wolfing, etc.
    In long games you're one of the people I think I read best (not THE best, but one of the people I think I am able to get pretty accurate on in the first phase or two of a game) because I think we play a very similar style of game in both alignments. I'm often able to make reads on you based on "do these actions help set him up to look good later or no" and they are usually pretty good. I know there was a "recent" game you and I played where at eod1 I could just work out that you weren't trying to push things in a way to look good and were instead just making your best bet and hoping it was right. Called you a pretty strong villager read in it with the caveat that if my very small poe was wrong I'd guess you were the one able to fool me (note: the poe was right, funky phases hype). Basically, I think I can read your posts in long games, say "is this how I would be playing as a wolf" and if the answer is no then you're a villager since we play it so similarly. I think boiled down further it's "you and i as wolves are hyper aware that these early thoughts/interactions will be looked at later and we need to look good from them" in a way thats still pushing pro wolf agenda (so not just like, hahaha i bussed da whole team im so good everyone thinks im a villager)

In mashes we differ a bit as wolves I think because I just don't even try to go deep in those as a wolf I just try to kill as many villagers as I can and then get bussed right before I'd lose any credit to my bussers and I think you do a much better job going deep in them. Which means we end up playing the first few days differently (youre someone i'd have bus me rather than the other way around).

In turbos I just close my eyes and hope you're a villager most of the time lmao

16. ISO #166
    As a neutral i've noticed you tend to shoot obvious wolves even when the wolves are behind and need you to kill villagers in order to win

and by tend i mean you shot me in the face and that was r00de d00de, really hard to advance my win con when im dead!
    Last edited by Sunbae; June 25th, 2022 at 03:18 PM.

17. ISO #167
    Loansharking blot test Newcomb's Avatar Head Moderator
    Community
    🐴

Favorite game 1-3? Favorite class?

18. ISO #168

Am i easy to read?

19. ISO #169
    Ive played each game once, like the series quite a bit. 3 > 2 > 1 which is the way a good series works (story is good, qol improves for each game so each is more fun to paly than the previous). I was a femshep infiltrator in 3 and that was my favorite one

20. ISO #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#168)
    Ooh, do me next

Am i easy to read?
    nah, i dont think i read you very well

I'd like to learn how to be as powerwolfy as you are, especially in mashes. I do a good job but I aint a freaking moon

21. ISO #171
    thanks for the fun ama, hope you enjoyed it

look forward to @Newcomb answering questions next