Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by marmot (#8101)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conq (#8095)
    I really almost accidentally voted for "4471," by mixing up vote tags and postnum tags, when I tried to post my thought process at start of day. That would have been a real sad way to end champs.
    Fortunately it wouldn't have counted if an actual player's name wasn't in the tags.

(I'm suddenly very concerned if you quote a post that has a heart emoji in it and a vote, the quote tags will break and place a vote on accident

here's a possible bug for the mods @Makaze)
    The solution to this is to not use the Rich Editor.

HTH

3. ISO #8453
    Thread Analyst Chocolate Teapot's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Pronouns
    any
    Congratulations on the sweep! Can't wait to read scumchat

Hugs for everybody that wants them

4. ISO #8454
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    SC2Mafia
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself

https://discord.gg/gcvHb292Cw

5. ISO #8455
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    AKA
    Caps
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Great job mafia! can't say I kept up with this game super well, but a sweep is nothing to scoff at!

6. ISO #8456
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    WrestlingSmarks

@Violet, I’m so sorry…

@Tilgarial congrats on a muuuch stronger D1 than in semis, I respect the hustle!

7. ISO #8457
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns

gg everyone

i’m… (hopefully understandably and not just me being a little $%#!) not very happy with how this game turned out for me, but that shouldn’t take away from the fact that everyone played their hearts out here

i’ll see you all around sometime

8. ISO #8458
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Pronouns
    :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#8457)
    congrats wolves

gg everyone

i’m… (hopefully understandably and not just me being a little $%#!) not very happy with how this game turned out for me, but that shouldn’t take away from the fact that everyone played their hearts out here

Riiiiight, was this whole situation not covered in here yet?

Mera requested a sub 12 hours before EoD1. It would normally be an acceptable amount of time before EoD to ask for a sub, but Lissa got EoD times mixed up, thought it was 2 hours before EoD1, and didn't sub Mera as a result.

No one did anything malicious, or wrong at all outside of Lissa's honest mistake that they've already apologized for, just a $%#!ty situation.

9. ISO #8459
    Community
    The Syndicate | RateYourMusic
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

~ This was the 4th overall champs win for @Wisp, tied for 2nd-most all time and in the top 11. Only three players have more. Likewise, this was his 3rd mafia-aligned win, which is tied for the most ever with five others. Wisp went 3-0 this season, all as mafia.

~ This was the 3rd overall champs win for @Tilgarial, tied for 3rd-most all time and in the top 31. He also went 3-0 this season, including being in the only town win.

~ This was the 7th overall champs game played for @Violet, tied for 4th-most overall and in the top 12. Also, this was Violet's second appearance in a Championship Finale. Only seven others can claim they've done the same.

~ Wisp's win is the 6th overall for Mafia Colosseum, tied for 4th-most by any community and in the top 18.

~ @Lumi 's and Tilgarial's wins are each the 5th overall for SC2 Mafia and Novel Updates respectively, tied for 5th-most by any community and in the top 31.

~ @marmot 's game marks the 22nd overall played by a representative of The Syndicate, 2nd all-time behind only Mafia Universe. His Finale appearance is also The Syndicate's 6th overall, most all-time (with six different players), season 1 omitted.

~ @Conq and @Santygrass played in the 14th game overall for Play Diplomacy and MafiaLandia respectively, tied for 7th-most all-time and in the top 15, season 1 omitted.

~ By way of @Violet, this was the 3rd Finale appearance for Kyla, tied for 4th-most and in the top 13.

10. ISO #8460
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#8458)
    congrats wolves

gg everyone

Mera requested a sub 12 hours before EoD1. It would normally be an acceptable amount of time before EoD to ask for a sub, but Lissa got EoD times mixed up, thought it was 2 hours before EoD1, and didn't sub Mera as a result.

No one did anything malicious, or wrong at all outside of Lissa's honest mistake that they've already apologized for, just a $%#!ty situation.
    Thank this post 100x

11. ISO #8461
    Wielder of the Triforce Wisdom's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself

Gg everyone! Wp wolves!

12. ISO #8462
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    Nice job

13. ISO #8463
    Community
    The Bell Tree
    AKA
    Dad
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Everyone involved in the game gave it a great effort, regardless of how things went for town, and for that us spectatorswere satisfied. GG

Now go order some pizza or take-out of your desire! Or booze.

14. ISO #8464
    Timezone
    Community
    Neoseeker

15. ISO #8465
    Timezone
    Community
    SC2Mafia
    AKA
    SuperYak
    Pronouns

16. ISO #8466
    Timezone
    Community
    Dark Side
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + it/it/its/its/itself
    Wow! GG everyone, didn't follow it the word by word, but I've been arround. Well played wolfs, and well fought town.

17. ISO #8467
    Community
    NarutoForums/WorstGen

18. ISO #8468
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq

19. ISO #8469
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards/xkcd
    Once again, superb game wolves. Each and every one of you deserves to be champ. I'm going to have to think hard about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#8379)
    Congrats on the sweep wolves!

Now it's time for that therapy I mentioned.
    I've set an appointment for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by marmot (#8400)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Marvel (#8390)
    I CAN NOW SAY FREELY THAT I DONT $%#!ING FAKE DYSLEXIA OR USE IT AS AN EXCUSE
    Me: Ace might be dyslexic

Everyone else: SCUMSLIP!!!!
    This is a problem I have. When someone is so brilliant and perceptive that it's far beyond my own, I tend to come to the conclusion that either they are a wizard or have insider knowledge. I need to just start trusting more that people can see things that I can't.

20. ISO #8470
    Community
    NuF
    AKA
    Tiger, Tilga,
    Pronouns
    any
    This is a problem I have. When someone is so brilliant and perceptive that it's far beyond my own, I tend to come to the conclusion that either they are a wizard or have insider knowledge. I need to just start trusting more that people can see things that I can't.
    asking how they got there might help. it's harder to tell if a conclusion is wrong/fake, than it is to figure out if a process is wrong/fake

21. ISO #8471
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager

I especially liked the part where the players played the game and the one player did that thing that was a good.

very entertaining

ok see you all next year!

22. ISO #8472
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia, MafiaScum, Kongregate, PS!
    AKA
    Koba, DK
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilgarial (#8470)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven (#8469)
    asking how they got there might help. it's harder to tell if a conclusion is wrong/fake, than it is to figure out if a process is wrong/fake
    Hard to do that when the person intentionally ignores questions to gain that answer and acts stubborn about it with limited posts

23. ISO #8473
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards/xkcd
    Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#8472)
    Hard to do that when the person intentionally ignores questions to gain that answer and acts stubborn about it with limited posts
    When you spam the game with walls of text and aggression, approach post cap within the first couple of hours of phase start, and don't respond to answers in good faith, it is difficult not to skim your posts and overlook any question you'd might have. Additionally, when asked to clarify the questions, further response of aggression is not the way to get them answered. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Seven (#2071)
    Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#2064)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven (#2056)
    Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#2052)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven (#2041)
    Because the post cappers are back.
    hey seven now that im free, please substantiate why you are reading every SF3er as scum somehow (nevermind the fact there are only 3 mafia) and also not even considering anything they have to say - because theres 4 of us. A lot of us agree with eachother. There's at least 1 town among us(haha sus) and thus its crazy you're dismissing that. I mean I think the answer if you're mafia, but let's hear the reason that you are going to claim it is
    I don't see what being in SF3 has to do with anything?
    hey stop intentionally latching onto random things in questions being asked to you - you've done it a lot this game. Answer the question. You know what I mean. You are trying to dodge answering. Why are you not considering any reads from any of those players considering they all did great last time you were town with them
    Could you put the question in a single line?
    Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#2100)
    now i see you have no interest in answering any hard questions.

This has been a pattern.

I fully intend to tunnel your slot tomorrow if I am alive.
    Further, cooperation is a two-way street. There were several instances both in this game and the last where you refused to answer any questions I had. For example:

Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#1293)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven (#1289)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven (#647)
    Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#268)
    ok i think wisp is more null i am starting to feel that underlying emotion in their post be consistent beyond the 1 v angry post - I was kinda looking for emotional consistency+ genuineness and I feel I see it.
    How does this compare to the meta you examined?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poyser (#685)
    Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#116)
    ok maybe i should have held that vote a little bit to see what foolish scum might have tried to sheep or get more info

im playing too impatient aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    I’m assuming this means your vote on Neo wasn’t a serious push and instead fishing for reactions?

If you address it between then and now then ignore but in that case what did you make of Ace’s reaction to your vote?

I’m assuming you’ll already address that tho cos you wouldn’t try to say a vote was fishing for reactions and then not analyse the reactions… would you?
    @DkKoba can you answer these if you haven't? You can just append it to a post if you don't want to use one on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DkKoba (#753)
    waking up to people saying confidently wrong things about me is incredibly frustrating.

Instead of: "this is performative/self conscious " or what have you - the way you read me is:
    "Is this aligning with a possible agenda? Is there an actual genuine thought process, even if its chaotic?"

The earlier the game the more fake confidence behind the pushes/assumptions!!

I literally $%#!ing called guiri lockscum when he clearly wasn't in sf3 early game. No one paid attention to that really but whatever lmao.
    Yes but without the "it's just pressure gaiz ill be back for you Guiri!!!!." You just went for it and I could follow every step of you trying to figure people out. It doesn't seem like you're ignorant of people's alignment here at all and so are struggling to replicate that. For example your page 1 mindmeld response to Lumi and Shorty on Wisp was awkward.

i'll waste a post to say I'm sick of treatment like this from people like conq and now you so I'm giving you absolutely no answers out of spite.

24. ISO #8474
    A few stats I found interesting from the season:

1. Mafia overwhelming destroyed this season with an 11-1 win record. The sole town win was qualifier #3.

2. Across the 12 games there were 36 mafia rands. Of those 36, only 14 were ever chopped resulting in 61% of randed mafia winning while alive.

3. Of those 14 chopped mafia one of them was in final 3 and could not be bussed. Out of the other 13, 8 of them were bussed with the definition of bus being "a teammate as one of the first three votes on their final wagon". This means 61% of chopped mafia were bussed.

4. There were 10 chopped mafia in the 8 qualifier games
    - 3 of those were bussed by a first on the wagon vote
    - 3 additional ones were bussed by a second on the wagon vote
    - 1 was capped by a teammate at final 5
    - 1 was in f3 and could not be bussed
    - 1 was voted ahead of town by a teammate near eod
    - only 1 pure wagon existed on a chopped mafia: g4 final 5 where Ephemera,4maskwolf, and ThePretender grouped together to kill Axis

5. The semis and finale saw 4 mafia chops. Three of them were pure wagons
    - SF2 Day 3 on Neopest (6 votes)
    - SF3 Day 1 on Psycho666Soldier (6 votes)
    - SF3 Day 2 on Schiavetto (7 votes)

6. The town who voted the most mafia at end of day this season was The Pretender:
    - Game 4 day 2 on Anaxagore
    - Game 4 day 4 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 5 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 6 on Axis
    - SF1 day 1 on Wisp
    - SF1 day 4 on Wisp

Overall a great job by mafia this season

25. ISO #8475
    Timezone
    Community
    SMAS

1. Mafia overwhelming destroyed this season with an 11-1 win record. The sole town win was qualifier #3.

2. Across the 12 games there were 36 mafia rands. Of those 36, only 14 were ever chopped resulting in 61% of randed mafia winning while alive.

3. Of those 14 chopped mafia one of them was in final 3 and could not be bussed. Out of the other 13, 8 of them were bussed with the definition of bus being "a teammate as one of the first three votes on their final wagon". This means 61% of chopped mafia were bussed.

- only 1 pure wagon existed on a chopped mafia: g4 final 5 where Ephemera,4maskwolf, and ThePretender grouped together to kill Axis

6. The town who voted the most mafia at end of day this season was The Pretender:
    - Game 4 day 4 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 5 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 6 on Axis
    - SF1 day 1 on Wisp
    - SF1 day 4 on Wisp

All I am hearing is Pretender is the GOAT

26. ISO #8476
    It is known.

27. ISO #8477
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    Town of Salem
    AKA
    watchme
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

- Game 4 day 4 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 5 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 6 on Axis
    - SF1 day 1 on Wisp
    - SF1 day 4 on Wisp

Fat stats

28. ISO #8478
    Timezone
    Community
    The Avocado
    AKA
    Nate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePretender (#8477)
    Quote Originally Posted by BNA (#8474)

- Game 4 day 4 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 5 on Axis
    - Game 4 day 6 on Axis
    - SF1 day 1 on Wisp
    - SF1 day 4 on Wisp

Fat stats
    Something to add to your powerpoint

29. ISO #8479
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    TZE
    Pronouns
    any
    i bet alexa didnt vote that many wolves

pret > alexa confirmed

30. ISO #8480
    Timezone
    Community
    The Avocado
    AKA
    Nate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

pret > alexa confirmed
    Alexa didn't vote for a single wolf this entire season

31. ISO #8481
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    Town of Salem
    AKA
    watchme
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

pret > alexa confirmed
    She's too scared to vote let alone vote a wolf

32. ISO #8482
    mindmelding with an image of a brick Twice Shrunk's Avatar
    Community
    AoPS
    AKA
    Twice
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheLesser (#8480)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#8479)

pret > alexa confirmed
    Alexa didn't vote for a single wolf this entire season
    skill issue

33. ISO #8483
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give smith another day mhsmith0's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    PlayDiplomacy, MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#8452)
    Quote Originally Posted by marmot (#8101)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conq (#8095)
    I really almost accidentally voted for "4471," by mixing up vote tags and postnum tags, when I tried to post my thought process at start of day. That would have been a real sad way to end champs.
    Fortunately it wouldn't have counted if an actual player's name wasn't in the tags.

(I'm suddenly very concerned if you quote a post that has a heart emoji in it and a vote, the quote tags will break and place a vote on accident

here's a possible bug for the mods @Makaze)
    The solution to this is to not use the Rich Editor.

HTH
    Mak coming in with some class warfare smh

34. ISO #8484
    Timezone
    UTC-03:00
    Community
    Fanficslandia
    AKA
    Santy
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I think some of the things you are flaming Seven for doing, are things you did with me too . So maybe try to be a little more humble and accept we all had skill issue while Wolves swept the floor with our asses.

I think Im still deep into Tilga's pocket and not going to get out of there soon

35. ISO #8485
    Timezone
    Community
    CFC/TBT
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    @Ace Marvel you didn’t post enough kpop, you suck

@Conq Sorry that my plan backfired and I gave you a hard time, but like I told you, it was to protect you.

@DkKoba Mayor Koba

@Ephemera I hope you feel better, life sometimes get in the way, but you is what is important.

@illario woof woof woof

@Lumi the wolf that got pocketed, TEAM LUMINANCE 4 ever.

@marmot The what now? GOAT ily marmot!!

@neopest they dis you dirty killing you so early, but it was because they fear you.

@Poyser 2-0 read me right please. You are not getting rid of me. WrestlingSmacks is my home now too.

@Santygrass Suss me harder next game.

@Seven SF3 was pure trust and believe, GG

@supershorty you are precious! I hope to see more of you.

@Tilgarial I hope to see more of you too!! The towniest wolf ever.

@Violet ily kpop coming your way!!

@Wisp great friendships start on the wrong foot, I hope this is one.

I said to most of you what I wanted to say so I’ll keep it short and simple.

Boq thanks for the flavor.

Everyone hosting thank you!

To TBT it was my honor and privilege to represent a community so awesome that has been part of my life for almost 10 years. Thank you for believing in me. I hope I made you proud.

Gosh to all the new friends I made during these months. Wow the best part of champs hands down.

I will retire or at least limit my games, although the experience was more good than bad, it made me realize that it was my time to stop.

I go with no hard feelings and only with no regrets, but worry not because not playing doesn’t mean Im leaving here.

KPOP NEVER DIES

Ily all!

36. ISO #8486
    Timezone
    UTC+12:00
    Community
    Mafia42
    AKA
    evaaaa, female dota
    Pronouns
    she/her
    as a fellow nerd i love the stats. keep it up guys

37. ISO #8487
    Timezone
    Community
    Epicmafia, MafiaScum, Kongregate, PS!
    AKA
    Koba, DK
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Santygrass (#8484)
    I think some of the things you are flaming Seven for doing, are things you did with me too . So maybe try to be a little more humble and accept we all had skill issue while Wolves swept the floor with our asses.

I think Im still deep into Tilga's pocket and not going to get out of there soon
    I did not do the same but thanks for the feedback!

38. ISO #8488
    Community
    reddit mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#8431)
    The following post is made in accordance with a bet with @illario. The terms of the bet were:

Quote Originally Posted by spec chat
    Arete bets the team is Marmot/Koba/Wisp, Illario bets Marmot/Violet/Tilga. Winner is whoever has more wolves in their team.
    S: Loser writes 300 words on their worst town performance (if tie, both do it)
    ---------------------------------

There are a lot of games I can point to where I had wildly incorrect reads, or got misexecuted, or had wildly incorrect reads and therefore got misexecuted. Rather than focusing on the single game where I had the worst reads, I'm going to focus on what I consider my worst town performance -- the game that, more than two years later, I'm still ashamed of: JoaT9 2, hosted on OldFoL.

To be clear, I also made plenty of perfectly ordinary misplays. I locked one of the wolves as my top town day 1, spewing myself vanilla in the process, then proceeded to spend day 1 and day 2 strongarming an execution onto a villager slot, and then in final 5 LyLo I misvoted a villager for reasons that were half 'being wrong' and half managing to internalize the idea that your job as a villager is to not-be-misexecuted and if I was the first person to vote, then if I was wrong, I still wouldn't be misexecuted.

The real issue here was that I got pretty toxic about other players in the game misreading me. Now, I'm not going to say their reasons were good, but just because you scumread one person for a bad reason doesn't mean you deserve to have another player going out of their way to harass you, especially when said player has even worse reads than you do. I'm a big proponent of the idea that constructive criticism is fine and valid, so just to be absolutely clear, this was mostly not very constructive criticism. In addition to copious amounts of profanity, including multiple requests to "$%#! off" and informing another player that his read on me was "bull$%#!," I also made posts like:

Quote Originally Posted by quoting another player
    ooOOOooo Arete was wrong only scum can misread people oOooOOOooOOOooooo this is definitely a well thought out take made by someone playing competently OOOOoOooOOo
    Your slot has refused to put more than the most level-one thought into this game and frankly I’m hoping my read on you is wrong because that would at least explain why your play has been so aggressively atrocious.
    the worst part is, if you’re town you’re not even going to learn from this, you’re never going to think ‘hm, maybe wolfreading someone for being dissimilar to a wolf game was a bad idea,’ you’re going to think ‘wow, I was right on Kyo, my gut is really good, why is Arete being so ~mean~ about the fact that I’ve ignored or misinterpreted literally every point they’ve made all game’
    I don’t want to believe they’d be this bad as wolf

I don’t want to believe they’d be this bad as town, either, but the fact remains that I do
    Quote Originally Posted by this is in the post where I misvoted
    @[name, whom I was townreading]

I want you to know that I seriously considered voting you on the grounds that if you are town you don’t deserve to win this game

There are a lot of components of mafia play, and I'm not going to say that one specific strategy is always correct. But I think the strategy of "being toxic to people for having one read you dislike" is never correct.
    @Arete

I’m gonna use this game lol, it might not be my worst of worst performances but At the end of day I was still on the wrong end of a wolf sweep and defs there was a lot I could have done differently

I think there was a lot of selfish play this game, as would be expected in a champs finale and I was one of the culprits. I was playing in a way where I wasn’t trying to be townread before d4 when I actually had more time to play properly. As a result, I threw off lots of peoples poes because players who expect to find me as town were struggling to do so. Too much time was spent tinfoiling and worrying about me and it was almost all villagers doing it. And at the end of the day, my plan to survive longer didn’t even work lmao, so the net effect of my playing selfishly was an overall negative as it drew away peoples times from solving other slots.

My argument with koba on d2 was also something that was quite bad. I said a bunch of things in the moment that I don’t believe, but said it anyways cos I was annoyed. Given that thread health was a big contributor to towns downfall, my interactions with koba definitely didn’t help in that department.

Whilst I did fos each of the wolves independently at different times I never connected the three as a team together, I also went back on confident trs I had on ace, seven, marmot that I had on d1 because I confbiased myself on certain solves. I was a bit too all over the place with my solves in a way that wasn’t constructive and whilst I did come back to ace being town anyways I did revert some correct reads I had for pretty bad reasons. There’s probably more stuff I did wrong but this should hopefully cover the word limit by now lol

39. ISO #8489
    Community
    pokernet.dk
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#8458)
    congrats wolves

gg everyone

so lissa miscounted me out of a posible sub spot ! Twice is a pattern :P

i kid

40. ISO #8490
    Know the dark side Askthepizzaguy's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Forums.totalwar.org
    Bussing is strong when done well. Pizza approves.

41. ISO #8491
    Timezone
    Community
    Deck Mafia
    AKA
    Guillo
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by arogame123 (#8377)
    Ggs, nice W mafia. And Lumi, you have fulfilled your promise.
    I WON IT FOR YOU ARO
    That’s my hommie girl

42. ISO #8492
    Timezone
    Community
    Deck Mafia
    AKA
    Guillo
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Ive always known you are a GOAT, congratulations.

43. ISO #8493
    AKA
    Lilypetal + Esooa
    Pronouns
    she/her
    @neopest night oned in a finale because you're too good ^^

Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170