1) Phases are 120 hours/48 hours. For expediency/brevity, no fluff. Sorry.
2) Players may vote "Sleep". Maj will be in effect from D1 onward. There are no vote minimums.
3) In the case of a tie at End of Day, the lynchee will be a random person who's tied for the lead.
4) No public conversation during the Night Phase. Private chats are exempt from this rule.
5) Private chats and power usage will be managed via a discord server. If you are a player, please make sure your discord name/nickname in that server is whatever username you're using in the gamethread.
6) There is no post minimum. There is a post cap of 100 posts per Day Phase. This cap will not be raised/waived during the last hour of a given Day Phase.
7) There is a limit of 2000 characters per post. As I understand it, characters within quotes don't affect the character count of your post. Per rule 4, do not overly take advantage of this to dodge around the character limit. The first time this occurs, you will get a warning. The second time it occurs, you will be modkilled. If you're taking advantage in the service of brevity, rather than simply dodging around the limit, it won't be counted against you.
7) Night powers are assigned according to Priority. By default, your Priority is equal to 100 minus the number of posts you ended the Day Phase with. The higher your Priority, the sooner your power will be resolved. If two or more players act on the same Priority, and it makes a mechanical difference which one acts first, their priority from high to low is whoever reached that postcount last to first.
8) Each night, the mafia faction has a factional kill, in addition to any night powers. This kill ability works exactly like the Killer role, and must be assigned to a particular player that night. Mafia faction will decide which player will be carrying the kill on a given night.
9) The game will feature at least one neutral, and as close to one-quarter of the players as mafia. The remainder will be townies. Neutral wincon will be power-dependent, but will likely involve surviving the game.
10) Using your power is not mandatory. If your intention is to not use your power, please note as such in your personal discord text channel, so that I'm not waiting for a power assignment that isn't coming.
11) This is an all-PR game. There are many roles within the following spoiler. If a role is not within that spoiler, it will not be within the game either. At the start of the game, I will rand three things: first, how many of each role is in the game (which may include "none" for any given role); second, what role each player is; third, which alignment each player is. Power roles are alignment agnostic.
Baner: Target one player. If they are targeted by any powers lower Priority than you, those powers fail. This does not affect powers used by your target.
Booster: You may target one or two players. If you target two players, their Priority tomorrow night is raised by 25. If you target one player, their Priority every night, starting tomorrow night, is raised by 5. Both of these do not affect postcap, and can potentially raise Priority over 100.
Daybaner: Target one player. They cannot be lynched tomorrow.
Drainer: You may target one or two players. If you target two players, their Priority tomorrow night is lowered by 25. If you target one player, their Priority every night, starting tomorrow night, is lowered by 5. Both of these do not affect postcap, and can potentially lower Priority below 0.
Killer: Target one player. They are killed. Note: this does not roleblock your target.
Motion Detector: Target one player. If they are targeted by any power lower Priority than you, you learn the name of who targeted them.
Neighborizer: Target two players. I will create a private chat that contains those two players. You cannot expand an existing neighborhood, you can only create one. You may target yourself as one of the players, but you do not have to.
Roleblocker: Target one player. If they attempt to use any powers lower Priority than you, those powers fail. This does not affect powers used on your target.
Seer: You may target one or two players. If you target two players, you learn their respective roles. If you target one player, you learn their alignment.
Watcher: Target one player. If they use a lower Priority power than you, you learn who they targeted.
Last edited by AvatarVecna; March 3rd, 2023 at 05:12 PM.
Not sure what's going on with the automatic system rejecting people but since we didn't really get enough players for even a really small game I don't think it matters. Maybe I'll try this again in a couple months. Sorry. >.<
I agree with it sounding cool. Do think that 30 people can feel very intimidating sometimes and so even with it being a light game, a normal amount of time is kinda needed to play at least the beginning of the game.
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.