View Poll Results: Which classic horror movie do you want to see most this October?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Child's Play

0 0%
  • A Nightmare On Elm Street

0 0%
  • Friday the 13th

0 0%
  • The Texas Chain Saw Massacre

1 25.00%
  • Poltergeist

0 0%
  • Night of the Living Dead

1 25.00%
  • Carrie

0 0%
  • Pet Sematary

1 25.00%
  • They Live

1 25.00%
  • The Lost Boys

0 0%

Thread: Scary MUvie Nights [New date and time!]

1. ISO #1
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Kongregate FGF and Smogon
    AKA
    BrainpanSonata, Panic Station
    Scary MUvie Nights [New date and time!]

So my desire to watch horror movies in October happened to suddenly collide with the knowledge that the watch party service Hyperbeam exists. Call it serendipity. But while I've already got today's movie chosen- the original Children of the Corn, airing at 3pm CDT- I thought I'd extend this to every Saturday in October and let y'all decide what movies we wanna see on those days.

1 poll, 10 choices. Top 3 will be the lineup for the next three Saturdays.
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; February 9th, 2024 at 12:57 PM.
    Mouth Maestro: yes, i'm trash, but just you try getting your dopamine somewhere else
    Marshal: not only did knights have a shot on a wolf

not only did knights have a super importantrole

but it was their birthday
    BrainpanSonata: I'm so disrespected that I tried to post a Rodney Dangerfield gif... and MU crashed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsofCydonia (#1161)
    just cracked a fortune cookie that said my future looks bright and now i hate everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Golurk (#10444)
    Mac, if you don't hurry up, it's your fault that I'm gonna eat Autumn Mix until I puke.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weird Taste Walrus (#3665)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Forces (#3662)
    Hey all you cool cats and kittens
    Oh, now I've seen enough Tiger King memes to know that's a scumtell.

-redshift
    KnightsofCydonia: also ping Fantano and tell him I never forgave him for overlooking the fact that Mouth Dreams is a concept album about insomnia
    Quote Originally Posted by Object (#4329)
    Golurk feels like the rogue detective that no one else at the precinct takes seriously.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    If I don't get any votes in this poll by Friday, I'm going with a double feature of Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th on Saturday the 14th.
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; October 8th, 2023 at 12:04 PM.
    Mouth Maestro: yes, i'm trash, but just you try getting your dopamine somewhere else

BrainpanSonata: I'm so disrespected that I tried to post a Rodney Dangerfield gif... and MU crashed!
    just cracked a fortune cookie that said my future looks bright and now i hate everything
    Mac, if you don't hurry up, it's your fault that I'm gonna eat Autumn Mix until I puke.

-redshift
    KnightsofCydonia: also ping Fantano and tell him I never forgave him for overlooking the fact that Mouth Dreams is a concept album about insomnia
    Golurk feels like the rogue detective that no one else at the precinct takes seriously.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Ide
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Texas Chain Saw is without doubt the most well-made film on this list. 10/10.

speaking of 10, watch SAW X
    GREAT HOLES SECRETLY ARE DIGGED WHERE EARTH'S PORES OUGHT TO SUFFICE, AND THINGS HAVE LEARNED TO WALK THAT OUGHT TO CRAWL.
    Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear.
    I don't know what the movie was about or why it was shot... This burning man seemed to be the main character, because the movie was entirely focused on him. Sometimes he'd be fighting something... kill it... and then get killed over and over. It was so gruesome, and I don't get the point of it.
    There are moments when I can almost see the underlying grammar of this place. An impossibility, some mad architect's opus -- a relic from an age that never could have been. It's a metastasized amalgam of add-ons, additions, and appropriations, building itself out of itself. Beautiful and terrible, and like anything cloned from a cancer cell, probably immortal.
    What do the good know, except what the bad teach them by their excesses?

4. ISO #4
    Pronouns
    any
    Which Texas Chainsaw Massacre would you be streaming?

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Okay, time to lock down the schedule for Scary MUvie Saturdays (and one Sunday and also Halloween).

10/14 - Because The Calendar Double Feature - Friday the 13th and Saturday the 14th
    10/22* - The Voting Results Pt. 1 Double Feature - They Live and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
    10/28 - The Voting Results Pt. 2 Double Feature - Pet Sematary and Night of the Living Dead
    10/31 - The Halloween Schlock-a-thon (6 hours of new and classic dreck!) - Killer Kites, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, and Poultrygeist

All times are at 3pm CDT (8pm) UTC except for Halloween, which will probably be around 6pm CDT. Halloween start time may be subject to change*.

*due to other commitments, I will be unable to host on the 21st and on Halloween before 6pm.

-redshift

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Which Texas Chainsaw Massacre would you be streaming?
    The 1974 original. All movies listed in the schedule above are the original classics. The only new movie we'll be seeing is Killer Kites, which released this year.

-redshift

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Casual reminder that this week's double feature will be on Sunday instead of Saturday because of prior scheduled commitments.

-redshift

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Mariah Carey is already breathing down our necks, so I've decided to push back and run more Scary MUvie Saturdays for your viewing pleasure.

November Schedule

11/04 - 2023 Triple Feature - Killer Kites, Slotherhouse, and Totally Killer
    11/11 - Nature Is Scary Double Feature - Jaws and Cujo
    11/18 - Don't Rideshare with Steven King Double Feature - Maximum Overdrive and Christine
    11/25 - Sorry for Poultrygeist, Here's Some Better Birds Double Feature - The Raven and The Birds

All times at 4pm EDT, with contingency backup for any sudden change of plans being Scary MUvie Oops, It's Sunday.

There will also probably be a December schedule posted later in the month.
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; November 1st, 2023 at 07:52 PM.

-redshift

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Later in the month, the day after, potayto potahto. I don't know if we'll continue this in the new year, but I do know I have 5 more weekends worth of scary movies for your viewing pleasure.

December Schedule

12/02 - Hard 2 Find Double Feature - They Live* and The Shining*
    12/09 - Vincent Price Appreciation Day Double Feature - House on Haunted Hill and The Last Man on Earth (both in color!)
    12/16 - Halloween Strikes Back Double Feature - Halloween and Halloween II
    12/23 - Scary Christmas Double Feature** - Gremlins and Black Christmas
    12/30 - Suffer the Children Double Feature - Rosemary's Baby* and The Omen

*unfortunately subtitles are not available for this title
    **I wanted to get 3615 code Père Noël aka Deadly Games for this day, but for the life of me I couldn't find it!

-redshift

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    New year, new fear! My brain just wouldn't rest until I conjured up four more double features for your viewing pleasure.

January Schedule

01/06 - Power Wolfing Double Feature - The Beast Must Die and Silver Bullet
    01/13 - A Pair of Psychos Double Feature - Psycho and American Psycho
    01/20 - $%#!'s Haunted, Yo Double Feature - The Amityville Horror and The Fog
    01/27 - Hello, Doll-y Double Feature - Dolls and Child's Play

-redshift

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    What's this? February, too?! Call me the Svengoolie of MU, because I just can't stop putting together delightful frightful double features for your viewing pleasure.

February Schedule

02/03 - Macabre Musicals Double Feature - Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo! The Genetic Opera
    02/10 - Love Bites Double Feature - Ganja & Hess and Underworld
    02/18 - Bruce Campbell Appreciation Day Double Feature - Army of Darkness and Bubba Ho-Tep
    02/25 - More From The Corman-Poe Cycle Double Feature - The Pit & The Pendulum and Tales of Terror
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; February 11th, 2024 at 05:34 PM.

-redshift

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Do not adjust your monitor, the rumors are true. We have enough Scary MUvies to get us through the first half of 2024. Though by the time the queue posts this, I'll most likely have come up with even more double features for your viewing pleasure.

March Schedule

03/03 - Iconic 90's Slashers Double Feature - Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer
    03/10 - Total Cop Out Double Feature - Maniac Cop and Dead Heat
    03/17 - Because The Calendar Again Double Feature - Leprechaun and Leprechaun 2
    03/24 - No Swimming Double Feature - Piranha and Jaws 2
    03/31 - Party Crashers Double Feature - Night Screams and Killer Party
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; February 11th, 2024 at 05:34 PM.

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    This is KnightsofCydonia with a public service announcement.

Scary MUvie Saturdays can't happen without you!

Literally! Our watch party format doesn't work without two or more people, and we've been a party of two for months now. Just think of poor, lonely Taffy... stuck in a dark cyber-room every Saturday with a bum like me!

Something's gotta give... and that something may just be the Saturday of Scary MUvie Saturdays.

Since October, I've been setting the showtimes by what works for me, which may be contributing to the lack of viewers. So I'm here to ask... what works best for YOU?

If you're a horror fan who's down to scope a double feature once a week, please fill out this scheduling survey so I can better coordinate a viewer-friendly schedule.

With your help, we can make Scary MUvie Wheneverdays the bustling fun time it deserves to be.

-redshift

14. ISO #14
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsofCydonia (#13)
    Just think of poor, lonely Taffy... stuck in a dark cyber-room every Saturday with a bum like me!
    ...stay away $%#!es, he's mine and mine alone!

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Do not adjust your monitors. Scary MUvie Nights has a new date and start time: Sundays at 5pm EST. This new date and time has been chosen because out of all the people who shared their schedules, this is is the time block that accommodates everyone at least partially. It's not perfect, but it's better than what we had.

As such, The Love Bites Double Feature of Underworld and Ganja & Hess will be the first double feature to be set on the new date and time. Look forward to seeing at least one of two vampire love stories that are better than Twilight on Sunday the 11th at 5pm EST.

-redshift

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    I can't believe a Chiefs fan forgot about the Super Bowl. The Love Bites Double Feature will be shown on Saturday the 10th at 5pm EST instead. The Bruce Campbell Appreciation Day Double Feature will be the first to follow the new date and time.

-redshift