Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: [Role Request] Non-Consecutive-Cycles Modifier

  1. ISO #1
    Wants It More Wiml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    9,589
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender

    [Role Request] Non-Consecutive-Cycles Modifier

    This is a modifier that I'd like to request to be added to modbot if it's possible to do so please.

    When an action has the Non-Consecutive-Cycles modifier, it goes on a 1-cycle cooldown after being used before it can be used again.

    It's similar to the existing Odd/Even-Cycle modifiers but has added flexibility as the user can choose if to use their ability on exclusively odd cycles, exclusively even cycles or not submit actions to have a combination of both.

    This is mostly useful in (semi-)open setups as an alternative to the Odd/Even modifiers where either other roles are Odd/Even/Non-Consec limited /
    can holster (x-shot roles in particular are able to work around harmful Odd/Even-Night abilities in open setups by only using their shots on Even Nights against Odd-limited abilities and vice versa) or where there's enough of a mechanical incentive to holster cycle 1 that there's a use in having an option to use the ability cycle 2 instead (such as not wanting to reveal a specific setup in a matrix-style game).

    It's also a modifier I'm currently wanting to include in a champs setup submission where it would fit very smoothly and an Odd or Even Cycle modifier wouldn't work well due to their limitations.

  2. ISO #2
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    katze
    Posts
    22,338
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY
    Pronouns
    katze (gender is a scam)
    Gender
    i feel like this is a good addition but the names of this and the already existing non consecutive modifier should probably be smoother

    the current non consecutive modifier already confuses people

    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#2181)
    ...meow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#10803)
    REVEAL (PART SEVEN)

    In first place and winning the Mafia Championship with 99 points is...







    @katze (Throne of Lies)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#174)
    tl;dr: kat called my $%#! small, I townread it
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#8516)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#8515)
    The reality is that when you've soft defended half the wolf team, and tried to kill who I perceive as villagers, it's impossible for me to ever take that slot out of the PoE, or even trust them. I feel like they tried to open the PoE by bringing C4 back into the spotlight.
    hey put respect on my name

    i also hard defended the other half of the wolfteam
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKeith (Mafia Goon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#39)
    what if kat is vt

    would she throw like this
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#1)
    Today we celebrate the life, career, piety, and knowledge of Katze. The one who exposed the world to this truth and gave meaning to life.

    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#3330)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3328)
    you're gonna kill mac I'm just sitting on katze for fun
    😳
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3353)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#3348)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3335)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3331)
    nah katze no flushed emoji
    you're being too rude at this eod for me to banter with you anymore
    sorry

    i just think ur a wolf

    you can go back to sitting on me
    i'll $%#!in sit on ur mouth $%#!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3354)
    not like that not like that not like that

    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#217)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#160)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#42)
    ##Vote Sleep

    im tired and feel like staying in bed

    also we don’t have enough info to execute someone d1 or something
    This immediately pings me a bit. Partially because i know it's not smart but also seems like he doesn't wanna step on toes so early.
    Yo katze

    I feel like this might have been a joke post

    But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

    So can you tell me the rationale behind this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#714)
    Katze is uwu
    Quote Originally Posted by illario (#2944)
    Pretty sure Katze is just an innocent memer gamer girl who likes to joke around and play seriously as well and genuinely gets upset when her jokes are taken seriously and her seriousness is taken as jokes

    And if she’s maf then she’s just a borderline sociopath memer girl whose jokes are just lies and her seriousness are just lies and everything about her is a lie and if she flips maf this game and I see her say anything remotely scummy in a future game I’m just gonna death tunnel her to the ends of the earth regardless of how genuine her posts may feel
    Quote Originally Posted by AYAYA (#6543)
    signing my posts makes me feel subhuman

    - chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#238)
    you're not a reliable source of redcheck yet
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella
    i looked away for five minutes and katze faked a red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Why are you doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#11644)
    katze how the hell do you have 225 posts in a dead end phase

    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#8832)
    ok katze is trolling me lmao

    i feel your pain chloe.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#8852)
    ##Vote vanity.

    ok i cant deal with it katze is torturing me
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#6889)
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmix (#6885)
    We're dead sure on Lucy being mafia then?
    like 95% the 5% is katze being really awful at setup design
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#6928)
    oh jesus christ katze, i hate u
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKeith (#6932)
    LMAOOOOO

    Ok this is kinda bastard fr

  3. ISO #3
    I propose we change the original nonconsec modifier to Commitmentphobic

  4. ISO #4
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    57,939
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    Pronouns
    not he, otherwise don't care
    Gender
    doesn’t this exist or am I wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#28799)
    she's hard defended 90% of the dead wolves and the whole thread still wants to wish her happy birthday

  5. ISO #5
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    katze
    Posts
    22,338
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY
    Pronouns
    katze (gender is a scam)
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#4)
    doesn’t this exist or am I wrong
    what currently exists:
    Non-consecutive
    (can act every night, just cant target the same person b2b)

    what wiml is suggesting is "cant use their action two cycles in a row"

    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#2181)
    ...meow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#10803)
    REVEAL (PART SEVEN)

    In first place and winning the Mafia Championship with 99 points is...







    @katze (Throne of Lies)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#174)
    tl;dr: kat called my $%#! small, I townread it
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#8516)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#8515)
    The reality is that when you've soft defended half the wolf team, and tried to kill who I perceive as villagers, it's impossible for me to ever take that slot out of the PoE, or even trust them. I feel like they tried to open the PoE by bringing C4 back into the spotlight.
    hey put respect on my name

    i also hard defended the other half of the wolfteam
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKeith (Mafia Goon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#39)
    what if kat is vt

    would she throw like this
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#1)
    Today we celebrate the life, career, piety, and knowledge of Katze. The one who exposed the world to this truth and gave meaning to life.

    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#3330)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3328)
    you're gonna kill mac I'm just sitting on katze for fun
    😳
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3353)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#3348)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3335)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3331)
    nah katze no flushed emoji
    you're being too rude at this eod for me to banter with you anymore
    sorry

    i just think ur a wolf

    you can go back to sitting on me
    i'll $%#!in sit on ur mouth $%#!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3354)
    not like that not like that not like that

    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#217)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#160)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#42)
    ##Vote Sleep

    im tired and feel like staying in bed

    also we don’t have enough info to execute someone d1 or something
    This immediately pings me a bit. Partially because i know it's not smart but also seems like he doesn't wanna step on toes so early.
    Yo katze

    I feel like this might have been a joke post

    But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

    So can you tell me the rationale behind this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#714)
    Katze is uwu
    Quote Originally Posted by illario (#2944)
    Pretty sure Katze is just an innocent memer gamer girl who likes to joke around and play seriously as well and genuinely gets upset when her jokes are taken seriously and her seriousness is taken as jokes

    And if she’s maf then she’s just a borderline sociopath memer girl whose jokes are just lies and her seriousness are just lies and everything about her is a lie and if she flips maf this game and I see her say anything remotely scummy in a future game I’m just gonna death tunnel her to the ends of the earth regardless of how genuine her posts may feel
    Quote Originally Posted by AYAYA (#6543)
    signing my posts makes me feel subhuman

    - chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#238)
    you're not a reliable source of redcheck yet
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella
    i looked away for five minutes and katze faked a red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Why are you doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#11644)
    katze how the hell do you have 225 posts in a dead end phase

    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#8832)
    ok katze is trolling me lmao

    i feel your pain chloe.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#8852)
    ##Vote vanity.

    ok i cant deal with it katze is torturing me
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#6889)
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmix (#6885)
    We're dead sure on Lucy being mafia then?
    like 95% the 5% is katze being really awful at setup design
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#6928)
    oh jesus christ katze, i hate u
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKeith (#6932)
    LMAOOOOO

    Ok this is kinda bastard fr

  6. ISO #6
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    katze
    Posts
    22,338
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY
    Pronouns
    katze (gender is a scam)
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy rabbit (#3)
    I propose we change the original nonconsec modifier to Commitmentphobic
    unironically i think noncommittal or something wouldn't be a bad replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#2181)
    ...meow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#10803)
    REVEAL (PART SEVEN)

    In first place and winning the Mafia Championship with 99 points is...







    @katze (Throne of Lies)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#174)
    tl;dr: kat called my $%#! small, I townread it
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#8516)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justplayingitcool (#8515)
    The reality is that when you've soft defended half the wolf team, and tried to kill who I perceive as villagers, it's impossible for me to ever take that slot out of the PoE, or even trust them. I feel like they tried to open the PoE by bringing C4 back into the spotlight.
    hey put respect on my name

    i also hard defended the other half of the wolfteam
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKeith (Mafia Goon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#39)
    what if kat is vt

    would she throw like this
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#1)
    Today we celebrate the life, career, piety, and knowledge of Katze. The one who exposed the world to this truth and gave meaning to life.

    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#3330)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3328)
    you're gonna kill mac I'm just sitting on katze for fun
    😳
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3353)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#3348)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3335)
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3331)
    nah katze no flushed emoji
    you're being too rude at this eod for me to banter with you anymore
    sorry

    i just think ur a wolf

    you can go back to sitting on me
    i'll $%#!in sit on ur mouth $%#!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illwei (#3354)
    not like that not like that not like that

    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#217)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#160)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#42)
    ##Vote Sleep

    im tired and feel like staying in bed

    also we don’t have enough info to execute someone d1 or something
    This immediately pings me a bit. Partially because i know it's not smart but also seems like he doesn't wanna step on toes so early.
    Yo katze

    I feel like this might have been a joke post

    But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

    So can you tell me the rationale behind this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#714)
    Katze is uwu
    Quote Originally Posted by illario (#2944)
    Pretty sure Katze is just an innocent memer gamer girl who likes to joke around and play seriously as well and genuinely gets upset when her jokes are taken seriously and her seriousness is taken as jokes

    And if she’s maf then she’s just a borderline sociopath memer girl whose jokes are just lies and her seriousness are just lies and everything about her is a lie and if she flips maf this game and I see her say anything remotely scummy in a future game I’m just gonna death tunnel her to the ends of the earth regardless of how genuine her posts may feel
    Quote Originally Posted by AYAYA (#6543)
    signing my posts makes me feel subhuman

    - chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#238)
    you're not a reliable source of redcheck yet
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella
    i looked away for five minutes and katze faked a red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Why are you doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#11644)
    katze how the hell do you have 225 posts in a dead end phase

    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#8832)
    ok katze is trolling me lmao

    i feel your pain chloe.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#8852)
    ##Vote vanity.

    ok i cant deal with it katze is torturing me
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#6889)
    Quote Originally Posted by meowmix (#6885)
    We're dead sure on Lucy being mafia then?
    like 95% the 5% is katze being really awful at setup design
    Quote Originally Posted by neopest (#6928)
    oh jesus christ katze, i hate u
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKeith (#6932)
    LMAOOOOO

    Ok this is kinda bastard fr

  7. ISO #7
    another possible name for the proposed modifier is "Recharging" e.g. they have to recharge after using

  8. ISO #8
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#6)
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy rabbit (#3)
    I propose we change the original nonconsec modifier to Commitmentphobic
    unironically i think noncommittal or something wouldn't be a bad replacement
    'noncommittal' triggers my pedantry slightly because what it implies to me is that the person isnt forced to target the same person over and over not that they cant

    'Commitmentphobic' is more accurate to me and its funnier but it prob looks too silly esp for a such a common (jk/rb/doc) modifier

  9. ISO #9
    Wants It More Wiml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    9,589
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#4)
    doesn’t this exist or am I wrong
    I also thought this role existed until after I put it in a setup I designed and realised it didn't.

    Probably because non-consecutive is the most common name for this modifier and that name's taken in modbot.

  10. ISO #10
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    57,939
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    Pronouns
    not he, otherwise don't care
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiml (#9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#4)
    doesn’t this exist or am I wrong
    I also thought this role existed until after I put it in a setup I designed and realised it didn't.

    Probably because non-consecutive is the most common name for this modifier and that name's taken in modbot.
    Yeah, bit awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#28799)
    she's hard defended 90% of the dead wolves and the whole thread still wants to wish her happy birthday

  11. ISO #11
    Soul Reader Taffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    West EU
    Posts
    1,813
    Pronouns
    any
    Could be Non-Consecutive (target) and Non-Consecutive (action).

  12. ISO #12
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Neo-Storpeo
    Posts
    51,055
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffy (#11)
    Could be Non-Consecutive (target) and Non-Consecutive (action).
    Winner

  13. ISO #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffy (#11)
    Could be Non-Consecutive (target) and Non-Consecutive (action).
    "Non-Consecutive Cycle" is probably better if you don't want to do something special.

  14. ISO #14
    Season 8 Champze katze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    katze
    Posts
    22,338
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRRsXxE1KVY
    Pronouns
    katze (gender is a scam)
    Gender
    i just remembered an a few old games i played where roles like this had like, "x cycle cooldown" in their ability text, so maybe something like that could work for a name

  15. ISO #15
    @Makaze pls

    (I am a patron I have some clout)


    X-Cycle Cooldown (or Recharging) modifier pls

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Rogue

The Rogue may target another player every night and copy their night action, allowing the Rogue to use it the next night.