Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: True Lust: Lunch with Lovers

1. ISO #1

True Lust: Lunch with Lovers

Last edited by Stork; October 1st, 2016 at 08:25 AM.

2. ISO #2

Hosted by: @Stork

TAINTED HEARTS:

1. @the-middle-of-the-line
    2. @Nego
    3. @Elephantality
    4. @jepg
    5. @BATMAN
    6. @champ2947
    7. @Phighter
    8. @Cuthalion
    9. @Scoobs
    10. @npstr
    11. @KingKot
    12. @Titus
    13. @atheotes

REBOUNDS:

1. @jumpluff
    2. @Makaze

SETUP INFORMATION:
    8 Town Nymphomaniacs
    5 Mafia Nymphomaniacs

This is a game where outside thread communication, with the exception of Lover private threads or other mod sanctioned private chats is banned. Do not talk about this game with anyone else outside of the game thread, unless expressly given permission to do so.

The game will begin on night 0, which will be a 24 hour phase in which preemptive actions that will decide certain elements of the setup will take place.

There will be 13 players total, 5 Mafia, 8 Town. This is a nightless game without nightkills.
    With the exception of night 0, when each player will choose their lovers, and the period between the lynch and the death reveal, the thread will be open and it will be day at all times.

Mafia has 24 hour chat starting as soon as they receive their role PMs (including n0).

Days will be 24 hours long.

The time at which you submit your lover preference will be crucial - first come first serve - otherwise duplicate choices will be reranded. You will gain Lover's Angst and a Lover's Chat:

Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
    Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [link].
    Lost Love: If game reaches lylo and both you and your lover are still alive, your lovers' wincon and lover chat will be dissolved.

You will be informed if the game is in lylo at the start of the day.

Lovers can stack up to 2 times (up to two people can share the same lover). Deaths will also stack, though only directly (ie. you will die if your lover is lynched, but not if your lovers lover is lynched, should they have one).

SAMPLE PMS:

Sample Townie PM:

Town Nymphomaniac

Welcome, you are a Town Nymphomaniac.

Abilities:

• Looking for Love: At the beginning of the game, during N0, you must choose a Lover (submit two choices) who will remain your Lover until the end of the game, or your Lover will be randed.
    • Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
    • You do not know your partner's alignment.
    • Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [private thread link].
    • Lost Love: If game reaches lylo and both you and your lover are still alive, your lovers' wincon and lover chat will be dissolved.

Win condition:

• You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
    Sample Scum PM:

Mafia Nymphomaniac

Welcome, You are a Mafia Nymphomaniac.

Abilities:

• Factional communication: At any time during the game you may talk with your partners here.
    • Looking for Love: At the beginning of the game, during N0, you must choose a Lover (submit two choices) who will remain your Lover until the end of the game, or your Lover will be randed.
    • Lover's Angst: If you or your Lover partner is lynched at any point in the game, the other will automatically suicide.
    • Lover chat: You may talk anytime during the game with your Lover here [private thread link].
    • Lost Love: If game reaches lylo and both you and your lover are still alive, your lovers' wincon and lover chat will be dissolved.

Win condition:

• You win when you outnumber or equal town.

POSTING REQUIREMENT:
    I expect all the players to play the game to their win condition, this involves posting during the day. If you are unable to post for a whole phase, or I deem your effort to be unsatisfactory, you may be subbed out or modkilled with or without warning.

LYNCH RULES:
    Deadline lynch without majority lynch. No lynch is not a valid vote. Ties will be randomized by the Modbot.

GAME SCHEDULE:
    Phase Lengths (hours): 24 hour days. Nightless. At the end of the day, the thread will be locked while I post the reveal, the next day will begin immediately following that.

Day 1 will begin on Thursday, September 29th at 8:00 AM EDT. Day 1 will end on Friday, September 30th at 8:00 AM EDT.

ROLES AND ACTIONS:
    Submit all night 0 lover decisions to me via PM ( @Stork ).

GRAVEYARD/DVC:
    There will be a private thread for dead players and spectators, if you wish to be added and haven't been, PM me.
    If people prefer a Skype DVC, that can be arranged also.

RULES:
    THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES OF THEM ALL
    Forum Rules, Game Rules and the Code of Conduct apply at all times, ignorance of these is not a defence, if you are not aware of them, make yourself aware of them.

MORE RULES
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads, on other forums or in any private or public chat.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So quoting or screenshotting your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp or even the formatting of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod. I repeat: Do not ever refer to me having communicated something to you or you having communicated something to me in private.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.
    • No community bashing. Do not insult entire other communities.
    • No editing or deleting posts.
    • Actions not expressly breaching the "written rules" but against the spirit of the game will be equally punished as seen fit. (Do Not Angleshoot)

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

GAME-RELATED QUESTIONS:
    Any and all questions related to the game must be asked to the Host (Stork) privately. Any questions asked publicly will be ignored. If I deem the answer to a question to be pertinent to the game, then I will post it in the thread. Again, never discuss conversations with the Host in the game thread.

Recommended reading for those new to Mafia Universe:
    USING THE SOFTWARE:
    VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [v]Panther[/v]. This will give you this:

##Vote Panther
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

CALLING UP A VOTE COUNT
    Vote counts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can actually call up vote counts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up vote counts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated vote count for.

Please don't spam vote counts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

ISOLATING A PLAYER?S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player?s posts in isolation, simply click on ?ISO? in the top right corner of one of that player?s posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player?s posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to ?Replies:? in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone?s posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to ?Posts:? for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING
    If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.

BOOKMARKS
    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.

1) Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply clicking on "Access Bookmarks" on any post as shown here:

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.

2) You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1) Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.

2) Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.
    Last edited by Stork; September 30th, 2016 at 09:00 AM.

3. ISO #3
    Game has been randed and role PMs have been distributed

If you didn't receive one or you have any other issues or questions, PM me.

Reminder to send your lover choice in via PM as soon as you deem necessary, preference is given to the earliest PM received.

Your lover chats will be created and distributed when deadline is reached at 8am eastern.

Last edited by Stork; September 29th, 2016 at 09:42 AM.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    True Lust: Lunch with Lovers Night 0 Start

Night 0 has begun.

Night 0 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Friday, September 30th, 2016. There are 2016-09-30T22:00+1000 remaining.

IT IS NIGHT!

DO NOT POST!
    Last edited by Stork; September 29th, 2016 at 09:51 AM.

5. ISO #5
    Lovers have been decided, I have added you all to your Private Threads.

Each is named after a movie about love.

I will distribute PMs about your new found love now and open the thread immediately afterwards.

6. ISO #6
    You may start talking in your chat before you receive your love connection pm if you desire.

7. ISO #7
    PMs have been distributed, if you are unable to access your private thread or have any other problems, PM me.

Reminder not to quote anything directly from your private threads.

IT IS DAY!

YOU MAY POST!
    Last edited by Stork; September 30th, 2016 at 08:23 AM.

8. ISO #8
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    True Lust: Lunch with Lovers Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    13 Not voting KingKot (0), Scoobs (0), npstr (0), Titus (0), atheotes (0), Cuthalion (0), Phighter (0), Elephantality (0), Nego (0), jepg (0), BATMAN (0), Champ (0), the-middle-of-the-line (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Saturday, October 1st, 2016. There are 1475323260000 remaining.

Requested by Stork at 0 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes, 47 seconds remaining.

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    UTC+11:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground

Soulread Phighter and Atheotes scum

D1 analysis is useless

Have fun

10. ISO #10
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Hard claim Town

D1 analysis is useless

Have fun
    This is the king of the $%#!posts

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobs (#9)
    Hard claim Town

D1 analysis is useless

Have fun
    Agreed, should totally lynch that $%#!.

12. ISO #12
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

My lovers better not let me get die before we get there

Because there's no way in hell I'm breaking my be declared lock town streak here, and since there's no NKs, that's a good thing

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#12)
    I have 256 posts to get to 10K

My lovers better not let me get die before we get there

Because there's no way in hell I'm breaking my be declared lock town streak here, and since there's no NKs, that's a good thing
    Phighter sounds town. Let's lynch Scoobs.

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    AKA
    Napster

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    What up guys
    Scummy what up. Probably mafia.

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    Dead thread is dead. Will see if anything interesting pops up when I wake up.

17. ISO #17
    I'm in love.

I'm also in two other games at the same time somehow so please bear with me if I don't post much. This is all new to me.

18. ISO #18
    Community
    Mafia Universe

13 Not voting KingKot (0), Scoobs (5), npstr (1), Titus (0), atheotes (0), Cuthalion (0), Phighter (2), Elephantality (0), Nego (1), jepg (0), BATMAN (0), Champ (0), the-middle-of-the-line (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Saturday, October 1st, 2016. There are 1475323260000 remaining.

Posted at 0 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes, 58 seconds remaining.

19. ISO #19
    Community
    sc2mafia and mafiascum and darklordpotter.net and usmb and anywhere else
    Hard claim Town

D1 analysis is useless

Have fun
    That word gets under my skin. Not kidding.

20. ISO #20
    Community
    I'm in love.

I'm also in two other games at the same time somehow so please bear with me if I don't post much. This is all new to me.
    Don't worry. I will eat you alive. Hahaha.

#ebilTitus

21. ISO #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus (#19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobs (#11)
    Hard claim Town

D1 analysis is useless

Have fun
    "lynch"?

22. ISO #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus (#20)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#17)
    I'm in love.

Don't worry. I will eat you alive. Hahaha.

#ebilTitus
    Hmm... That's wolfy.

23. ISO #23
    lol

life is good when you're in love

24. ISO #24
    Community
    "lynch"?
    $%#!. I was almost diagnosed as $%#! due to medical issues. I faught hard against a lot of barriers to be a lawyer.

25. ISO #25
    i'm not sure what to say to that but it's cool you were able to Titus

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00

28. ISO #28
    Community

29. ISO #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus (#24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#21)
    "lynch"?
    $%#!. I was almost diagnosed as $%#! due to medical issues. I faught hard against a lot of barriers to be a lawyer.
    Okay, sorry about trying to make a bad joke. The r-word is one I don't ever use.

But you're a lawyer irl? Good to know! I'll try to lie as few times as I can to make sure you won't catch me.

30. ISO #30
    Community
    "lynch"?
    Okay, sorry about trying to make a bad joke. The r-word is one I don't ever use.

But you're a lawyer irl? Good to know! I'll try to lie as few times as I can to make sure you won't catch me.

That is the best way to play scum.

31. ISO #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus (#30)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#29)
    "lynch"?

Totally. Good news for the villager(s) who I'm in love with too.

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33
    Community

We should massclaim lovers. Thoughts?

Do you know of my reputation?

34. ISO #34
    Two I'll only be here for a few minutes. I'm on break at work

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36
    Scoobs town. npstr and Titus scum. #soulreads

37. ISO #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus (#33)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#31)

We should massclaim lovers. Thoughts?

Do you know of my reputation?
    I've never played a game with you or heard about you before so nope, I don't know your reputation. Please enlighten me?

Mechanically massclaiming lovers makes sense but for the integrity of the game I don't like the idea.

38. ISO #38
    Community

Why would massclaiming lovers be bad for game integrity? Scum already know if any pairing has scum in it.

39. ISO #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus (#38)
    Hmm, has your lover?

Why would massclaiming lovers be bad for game integrity? Scum already know if any pairing has scum in it.
    I don't know if my lover knows your reputation. I haven't discussed it with them.

Bleh, it's probably not bad for game integrity. I guess I just wanted to play secret lovers. (giggle) But yeah, that's a good point.

40. ISO #40
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I think the lawyer's right but we'd be running the risk of saving by association

41. ISO #41
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Also, I think lovers will make themselves fairly obvious, since they obviously won't go lynching their partners.

42. ISO #42
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I think anyone with two lovers should claim the other lover in their private thread, but not here.

43. ISO #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#42)
    I think anyone with two lovers should claim the other lover in their private thread, but not here.
    This is actually a good point.

44. ISO #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#43)
    Actually reading the latest post in my lover chat makes me believe it's not necessarely a good idea.

45. ISO #45
    Community
    Smashboards
    Here mobile, getting groceries at the moment. Don't lean to massclaiming but will think about it.

46. ISO #46
    Community
    It's a terrible point.

Scum will know every single pairing in the game but for maybe hidden t v t lovers.

Town will still be in the dark.

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    I need my rvs
    ##Vote KingKot
    Random.org decided

48. ISO #48
    Community
    Smashboards
    Leaning towards no on massclaiming lovers. I think Titus should present pros and cons before we progress further with this discussion. Also want to know what she means by her reputation.

49. ISO #49
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 Scoobs Cuthalion (3)
    1 KingKot Champ (1)
    11 Not voting KingKot (4), npstr (1), Titus (8), atheotes (0), Scoobs (5), Phighter (5), Nego (9), Elephantality (2), jepg (1), BATMAN (0), the-middle-of-the-line (0)

View Vote History

Posted at 0 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes, 58 seconds remaining.

50. ISO #50
    Community
    Smashboards