Studying for the bar:

1. @SpankGangsta
    2. @lute
    3. @Scoobs
    4. @Prophylaxis
    5. @tropiusisbae

SETUP INFORMATION:
    7 Vanilla Town
    Phoenix Wright - Cop. Receives a guilty result only on Matt or Manfred.
    Miles Edgeworth - Cop. Receives a guilty result only on Dahlia or Manfred.
    $#@! Gumshoe - Doctor. Protects only from kills performed by Matt.
    Maya Fey - Doctor. Protects only from kills performed by Dahlia.

Matt Enguarde - Basic goon
    Dahlia Hawthorne - Basic goon
    Manfred von Karma - Roleblocker. Cannot target same target consecutively. Cannot kill until Dahlia and Matt are both dead.
    The Phantom - Rolecop. Cannot kill until Dahlia and Matt are both dead.

POSTING REQUIREMENT:
    You must post at least twenty five (25) times per Day Phase. I reserve the right to sub you without warning or notice.

LYNCH RULES:
    Deadline lynch with majority lynch ON from Day 2 onwards; No lynch is a valid vote. Ties will result in no lynch.

GAME SCHEDULE:
    Phase Lengths (hours): 36 hour days and 12 hour nights, continuous, if majority is reached, the timings will be changed as necessary for game quality.

Day 1 will begin on Thursday, September 29th at 1:30 PM CDT (Day 1 is 36 hours). Day 1 will end on Saturday, September 30th at 1:30 AM CDT.

ROLES AND ACTIONS:
    Please PM all actions to Walrein. There are no Night 0 actions.

GRAVEYARD/DVC:
    There will be a private thread for dead players and spectators, if you wish to be added and haven't been, PM me.
    I can also set something up on Discord if requested. Unfortunately I don't have any of you on Skype so I don't think that's an option.

RULES:
    THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES OF THEM ALL
    Forum Rules, Game Rules and the Code of Conduct apply at all times, ignorance of these is not a defence, if you are not aware of them, make yourself aware of them.

MORE RULES
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads, on other forums or in any private or public chat.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So quoting or screenshotting your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp or even the formatting of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod. I repeat: Do not ever refer to me having communicated something to you or you having communicated something to me in private.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.
    • No community bashing. Do not insult entire other communities.
    • No editing or deleting posts.
    • Actions not expressly breaching the "written rules" but against the spirit of the game will be equally punished as seen fit. (Do Not Angleshoot)

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

GAME-RELATED QUESTIONS:
    Any and all questions related to the game must be asked to the Host (Walrein) privately. Any questions asked publicly will be ignored. If I deem the answer to a question to be pertinent to the game, then I will post it in the thread. Again, never discuss conversations with the Host in the game thread.

Recommended reading for those new to Mafia Universe:
    USING THE SOFTWARE:
    VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [v]Panther[/v]. This will give you this:

##Vote Panther
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

CALLING UP A VOTE COUNT
    Vote counts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can actually call up vote counts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up vote counts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated vote count for.

Please don't spam vote counts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

ISOLATING A PLAYERS POSTS
    If you wish to read a players posts in isolation, simply click on ISO in the top right corner of one of that players posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a players posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to Replies: in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someones posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to Posts: for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING
    If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED
    Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.

BOOKMARKS
    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.

1) Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply clicking on "Access Bookmarks" on any post as shown here:

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.

2) You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1) Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.

2) Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.
    Last edited by Stork; October 6th, 2016 at 02:57 AM.

2. Bookmark ISO #2
    river city girl Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Day start pushed back to 2 CDT so I can figure out modbot.

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Roles have been distributed. PM me if you have any questions.

To clarify: the village wins when all mafia are eliminated. The mafia wins when the village no longer controls a plurality of the vote.

The vanillager PM is simply:
    You are vanilla town. Good luck!

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Ace Attorney Mafia Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    15 Not voting Secondhand Revenant (0), PLZLEAVEDUCK (0), ShipItUp (0), Shockwave07 (0), Zack (0), Titus (0), Oddish (0), Nego (0), dyachei (0), champ2947 (0), Frog (0), jepg (0), MarkoRaj (0), Kami (0), atheotes (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 3:00 AM EDT on Saturday, October 1st, 2016. There are 1475305260000 remaining.

Requested by Walrein at 1 days, 12 hours, 1 minutes, 24 seconds remaining.

6. Bookmark ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
  7. Bookmark ISO #7
    Banned
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    sorry everyone
    ##Vote champ2947

8. Bookmark ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Smogon
    Hello friends

Feels kinda weird playing with all these people I don't know, but should be fun nonetheless

9. Bookmark ISO #9
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00

##Vote ShipItUp

Play nice everyone

10. Bookmark ISO #10
    Everyone's mom dyachei's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

11. Bookmark ISO #11
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by champ2947 (#7)
    I picked myself on random.org
    sorry everyone
    ##Vote champ2947
    When you get uuur own number you lie and just vote for someone who annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Oddish (#8)
    Hello friends

Feels kinda weird playing with all these people I don't know, but should be fun nonetheless
    Hi!

12. Bookmark ISO #12
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    sorry everyone
    ##Vote champ2947

Hello friends

Hi!
    i was not given this memo.
    now its too late because if i vote someone theyll know that they annoy me

13. Bookmark ISO #13
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by champ2947 (#12)
    Just do it on someone who won't read the thread and you'll be fine

14. Bookmark ISO #14
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    scrambledwowee
    Just do it on someone who won't read the thread and you'll be fine
    oh, ok then ##Vote atheotes

15. Bookmark ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    Smogon
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg (#11)
    sorry everyone
    ##Vote champ2947

Hello friends

Hi!
    you done $#@!ed up

16. Bookmark ISO #16
    Am I making you nervous? MarkoRaj's Avatar
    Slank cover: out for work drinks. Will be lurking.

Also ##Vote Kami

17. Bookmark ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    Smogon
    wait they censor you on this site

lol

18. Bookmark ISO #18
    Timezone
    wait they censor you on this site

lol
    You can turn it off in the settings - before you insult someone thinking they can't see

19. Bookmark ISO #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrein (#1)
    $#@! Gumshoe - Doctor. Protects only from kills performed by Matt.
    You might want to turn that profanity filter off, Walrein.

So, I'm suddenly in three games at the same time. Let me get my bearings.

20. Bookmark ISO #20
    sorry everyone
    ##Vote champ2947
    Sounds wolfy.

21. Bookmark ISO #21
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#10)
    what do I do without fable to lynch??
    I think SR might do a good substitute. He could be a neutral again.

22. Bookmark ISO #22
    $#@!, piss, $#@!, $#@!, cocksucker, $#@!, and tits.

23. Bookmark ISO #23
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Ace Attorney Mafia Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    1 Kami MarkoRaj (1)
    1 atheotes champ2947 (3)
    1 ShipItUp jepg (4)
    12 Not voting ShipItUp (0), Secondhand Revenant (0), Shockwave07 (0), Titus (0), Zack (1), PLZLEAVEDUCK (0), Oddish (3), dyachei (1), Frog (0), Kami (0), Nego (3), atheotes (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 3:00 AM EDT on Saturday, October 1st, 2016. There are 1475305260000 remaining.

Requested by Zack at 1 days, 11 hours, 24 minutes, 31 seconds remaining.

24. Bookmark ISO #24
    Oh boy, lots of mislynches to choose from.

25. Bookmark ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    Smogon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#22)
    the seven words you can't say on mafiauniverse

26. Bookmark ISO #26
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    i can't in good conscience do this.

27. Bookmark ISO #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#24)
    Sounds both spicy and wolfy.

You want to end up hanging from the noose?

28. Bookmark ISO #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddish (#25)
    Except that apparently you can say piss, cocksucker, $#@!, and tits.

29. Bookmark ISO #29
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#26)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#21)
    Ooooh. Scumbuddies?

30. Bookmark ISO #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddish (#25)
    Turn the profanity filter off

31. Bookmark ISO #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#27)

It was a reaction test. Like duh obviously.

32. Bookmark ISO #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#31)

On a scale from 1 to 10, how was my reaction?

33. Bookmark ISO #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#32)

Mediocre.

34. Bookmark ISO #34
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Ooooh. Scumbuddies?
    I've never been scum with SR.

would be fun, I think.

35. Bookmark ISO #35
    Based on me thinking CDT was europe and showing up 6 hours ago, I think I will do a great job at leading town to destruction this game.

36. Bookmark ISO #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#33)

Mediocre.
    I don't think that's on a scale from 1 to 10 but I'll let it slide this time.

37. Bookmark ISO #37
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#34)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#29)
    Ooooh. Scumbuddies?

would be fun, I think.
    I believe it would be fun being scum with him, I agree.

How are you feeling so far?

38. Bookmark ISO #38
    Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCK (#35)
    Based on me thinking CDT was europe and showing up 6 hours ago, I think I will do a great job at leading town to destruction this game.
    Based on me thinking this game wasn't going to start before monday next week, I think you will be doing a better job than me.

39. Bookmark ISO #39
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Ooooh. Scumbuddies?

would be fun, I think.

about anyone? null

40. Bookmark ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    Smogon
    Reserving judgement until more posts come up

41. Bookmark ISO #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#36)
    Mediocre.
    I don't play by the rules.

42. Bookmark ISO #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddish (#40)
    Nice scumslip. A town would have the game solved by page 1.

I do have tax homework, so I will be back in a few hours. I don't care for rvs votes, so hopefully more content to address then.

43. Bookmark ISO #43
    Most Likely Asleep Secondhand Revenant's Avatar
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCK (#42)

I do have tax homework, so I will be back in a few hours. I don't care for rvs votes, so hopefully more content to address then.
    You don't eh?

##Vote plzleaveduck

44. Bookmark ISO #44
    Most Likely Asleep Secondhand Revenant's Avatar
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Ooooh. Scumbuddies?

would be fun, I think.
    Signs point to me kinda sucking in danger 5 and the mash lol

45. Bookmark ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    Smogon

What are your reads then?

There just hasn't been enough posts from anyone for me to have a good opinion.

46. Bookmark ISO #46
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#37)
    Ooooh. Scumbuddies?

would be fun, I think.

about anyone? null
    How about about your role?

47. Bookmark ISO #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack (#41)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nego (#36)
    Mediocre.
    I don't play by the rules.
    Wolfy.

48. Bookmark ISO #48

We all know doing taxes is wolfy. Real villagers just lie about them.

Also hi, nice to meet you. How many games do you have under your belt?

49. Bookmark ISO #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondhand Revenant (#44)
    Ooooh. Scumbuddies?

would be fun, I think.
    Signs point to me kinda sucking in danger 5 and the mash lol
    Do the signs point in you sucking in this game too?

50. Bookmark ISO #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddish (#45)

What are your reads then?

There just hasn't been enough posts from anyone for me to have a good opinion.
    I don't think there's enough content to produce any real reads so far but at least you're trying to initiate conversation.

How many games have you played before?