Page 1 of 130 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire

1. ISO #1
    Banned

Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Smile Empire

This is a Custom Open Roleset Vanilla+ 21er starting Mon Nov 14 with phase lengths of 37/11 – 37/11 – 61/11. Day runs from 5am to 6pm; night actions are due at 4:15am and after n0 will not be randed. Each player must submit his or her own actions individually by PM, and the first such submission may not be changed. The standard order of actions at night will be followed, which is: redirect, roleblock, angel, miscellaneous action, kills (which are simultaneous), and peeks. The thread is locked at night.

The roleset has been balanced to achieve a 25% chance to win for each of the four teams, only one of which may be declared the winner. Each player except the Foolish Recruiter, Psychopath, and Godfather starts with 2 hit points.

For the lynch, ties are ignored; the current lynch is kept until another surpasses it. Ties at zero result in no lynch. Majority lynch starts d2. If a majority is reached at least 20 hours before the end of day, the schedule will be moved up; the next day will last 37 or 61 hours long unless also similarly shortened. Votes are locked at must-lynch.

Please provide at least one hour of participation for each 48-hour or 72-hour phase. Failure to make at least one post by 6pm Mon Nov 14 or to make at least ten posts each game day will result in a modkill unless a sub can be obtained by the night action deadline. A player who signs up then signs out without first securing a sub not already on the sub list before the sign-up thread is closed for randing will be welcome to play again when the next game after this one is complete. A player who signs up and is then subbed out or modkilled after the sign-up thread is closed for randing will be welcome to play again when the next two games after this one are complete.

The Mod will respond to communication only if received by PM. You may freely discuss in the game thread the contents of any twitter message the Mod has passed on to you, but you may not copy and paste the PM.

The Village (15)

Seer. You receive a non-mason villager peek n0; subsequent nightly peeks return a result of
    --“Mason or Non-Villager” if the target is a mason, non-godfather wolf, godfather wolf with only one hit point, psychopath, or foolish recruiter and
    --“Villager” if the target is anyone else.

Good Twitterer/Snooper. Every night you may request to send an anonymous message of up to 140 characters to any other player (sent to Mod as a night action, who passes it on to the intended recipient at dawn). You will receive a copy of the message sent by the Evil Twitterer/Snooper, if any. This copy will include the name only of the receiver. The first Twitterer to die will be revealed only as a Twitterer.

Backup Seer. On night 0, you receive a false Vig/Angel PM that is not corrected until after the Seer is
    --lynched, in which case you immediately receive a corrected PM and inherit the Seer's powers, or
    --killed at night, in which case you receive a corrected PM and inherit the Seer's powers the next time it is revealed that a player was lynched.

Pair of Masons (2). You have 24/7 Discord mason chat - The wolves can kill you either one at a time or both at once by submitting both names. If the wolves cite “masons” as they submit for team kill two names and
    --both players
    ----are Masons, then you both die regardless of any angel protection.
    ----are not Masons, then neither Mason dies; furthermore,
    ------the Mod confirms in-thread who both Masons are and
    ------the Wolves may kill you only one at a time thereafter.
    --one is a Mason but the other is not, a random angel/vig dies regardless of any angel protection if and only if any are still alive. The non-Mason player named for death, if he or she is an angel/vig, could be the random angel/vig who dies.

Gimmick Person and His or Her Gimmick. The password for gimmick account "Kroz," which cannot be lynched or night-killed, is XXXXXX. Your account and the Kroz account should be played in separate browsers. You may post using both accounts; however, the gimmick account may not:
    --vote,
    --post anything other than text, nor
    --post greater than 20 times daily. The penalty for violating either of the last two restrictions is loss of the Gimmick.
    You should occasionally 1) create a post on your actual account, 2) create a post on the gimmick account, then 3) click "post" on each of the two accounts in short succession in random order. This is to eliminate a timing tell where the wolves could by process of elimination determine who is NOT the Gimmick Person by noting those who post immediately before or after the Gimmick posts.
    --If the wolves cite “gimmick” as they submit for team kill one name and that name is, in fact, the Gimmick Person, you and your gimmick are destroyed, and a member of wolf chat who is not at full hit points is randomly chosen to gain 1 hit point. If the wolves cite “gimmick” as they submit for team kill one name and that name is not, in fact, the Gimmick Person, that other player is killed and the Godfather loses 1 hit point.

Village Vig/Angels (9). You get 3 credits to spend on the following actions, none of which may target yourself:
    --Vig
    ----Strong – costs 3 credits. You cause
    ------2 hit points of damage if you are not roleblocked or redirected while targeting a non-villager and
    ------1 hit point of damage in all other cases.
    ----Weak – costs 1 credit. You cause
    ------1 hit point of damage if you are not roleblocked or redirected while targeting a non-villager and
    ------2 hit points of damage in all other cases.
    --Angel
    ----Strong – costs 2 credits. You provide
    ------1 hit point of protection if you are
    --------roleblocked or redirected or
    --------not roleblocked or redirected while targeting a non-villager, and
    ------2 hit points of protection if you are not roleblocked or redirected while targeting a villager.
    ----Weak – costs 1 credit. You provide
    ------2 hit points of protection while targeting a non-villager,
    ------1 hit point of protection while targeting a villager, and
    ------0 hit points of protection if you are roleblocked or redirected while targeting a villager.

First Neutral (1)

Psychopath in Wolf’s Clothing in Sheep’s Clothing. You start with 4 hit points and
    --participate in wolf chat
    --receive the powers of one of the non-Godfather wolf roles
    --appear as a
    ----wolf to the wolf team and
    ----non-villager to a seer
    --are falsely revealed at death as a wolf
    --nightly may deal 2 hit points of damage to any other player; the target must be a player not in wolf chat unless the only other players remaining are wolves.

When the only players alive are the psychopath and
    --one wolf, the psychopath wins the game.
    --two, three, or four wolves, the wolves lose all special powers including the night kill. If
    ----two wolves, it is treated as a traditional F3 must lynch with locked votes. If a wolf is lynched, the psychopath wins the game.
    ----three wolves, no-lynch is an option. However, if a wolf is lynched, the psychopath wins the game.
    ----four wolves, it is treated as a traditional F5, and the wolves can sustain a wolf-lynch without losing the game.

When the only players alive are two villagers and one wolf or psychopath, it is treated as a traditional F3 must lynch with locked votes.

Second Neutral (1)

Foolish Recruiter. You start with 4 hit points. On night 0, you choose any other player as your Recruitment Target (RT). The first of your two-step path to victory is to get lynched with at least one RT voting your wagon. If you are
    --not lynched, you may choose another RT that night for the following day. Furthermore, if you have
    ----at least one RT's vote on your wagon, you retain all previously chosen RTs, if any.
    ----no RT voting your wagon, your previously chosen RTs are lost. However, you may re-select a lost RT.
    --lynched
    ----but with no RT voting on your wagon, you lose the game. The revelation of your death will not indicate whether you had successfully turned your RT(s) into (a) Recruitment Acolyte(s) (RA(s)).
    ----with at least one RT's vote on your wagon, each RT will receive an updated role PM converting him, her, or them into (an) vanillaized RA(s). If there are multiple RAs, they will not know each other's identity. Step two to victory: If any RA is thereafter lynched, the Foolish Recruiter and RA(s) win the game.

The Wolves (4) - one of these roles, other than Godfather, will be assigned to the First Neutral (psychopath).

Evil Twitterer/Snooper. Nightly you may choose to send an anonymous message of up to 140 characters to any other player by sending it to the Mod, who will pass it on at dawn. You will receive a copy of the message sent by the Good Twitterer/Snooper, if any. This copy will include the name only of the receiver. The first Twitterer to die will be revealed only as a Twitterer.

Demon. While you have 2 hit points, you may provide 2 hit points of protection
    --to any other player or
    --split evenly between two other players.
    While you have 1 hit point, you may provide 1 hit point of protection to any other player.

Redirector. Nightly you choose two different names not in wolf chat. The first name is your target who is redirected. The second name is to whom your target's action, if any, is redirected. However, if you target a vig/angel, your action affects the vig/angel as explained in that role description.

Roleblocker. Nightly you choose a name not in wolf chat. That player's action, if any, is blocked. However, if you target a vig/angel, your action affects the vig/angel as explained in that role description.

Godfather. You start with 3 hit points and cannot be the Psychopath. If a seer peeks you while your number of hit points is
    --3, that seer dies
    --2, that seer receives a result of "Villager."
    --1, that seer receives a result of "Mason or Non-Villager."

The 5 of you have 24/7 Discord wolf chat only while any player not in wolf chat is alive. Furthermore, the 5 of you may deal 2 hit points of damage to any player not in wolf chat. Each of the 5 of you submits by PM to the Mod (copy no one) your nomination for the kill. A majority of the nominations submitted decides the kill.

Median Poster Competition

On d1, the player who makes the 11th-greatest number of posts of the 21 players in the game wins a prize. The prize is 2 angel points (unblockable and unredirectable) to be spent any night however and whenever the player sees fit.

The median number of posts will be calculated over a randomly chosen 32-hour period within the 37-hour day except the last hour of the day. It could run as early as 5am Monday thru 1pm Tuesday or as late as 9am Monday thru 5pm Tuesday. It will run somewhere in between those time frames. The random period being secret and shorter than day prevents coordination. The time frame and winner will not be revealed until post game. The winner will receive a PM, and whether someone won or how the points were spent is something that may be lied about in the game.

The following rules from the mafiauniverse code of conduct will be strictly enforced in this game:
    --Do not threaten or otherwise provoke people.
    --Be the reason people come back.

The list of players will be posted soon after the first vote count.

It is night. You may not post.
    Last edited by Zork; November 22nd, 2016 at 12:45 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Night 0 Start »
    Empire Night 0 Start

Night 0 has begun.

Night 0 ends at 5:00 AM EST on Monday, November 14th, 2016. There are 1479117660000 remaining.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Empire Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    21 Not voting Secondhand Revenant (0), Quick_Ben (0), Phighter (0), Onuzq (0), Sociopath (0), SpankGangsta (0), yogsloth (0), t om (0), SwedishSkumbag (0), Montecore (0), Michael22Omega (0), jepg (0), dyachei (0), Champ (0), billymills (0), JTMjasonC (0), Legion (0), metsnfins (0), MarkoRaj (0), Limestone (0), BATMAN (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 6:00 PM EST on Tuesday, November 15th, 2016. There are 1479250860000 remaining.

Posted at 1 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

4. ISO #4
    Banned

Timezone
    BATMAN
    billymills
    Champ
    dyachei
    jepg
    JTMjasonC
    Legion
    Limestone
    MarkoRaj
    metsnfins
    Michael22Omega
    Montecore
    Onuzq
    Phighter
    Quick_Ben
    Secondhand Revenant
    Sociopath
    SpankGangsta
    SwedishSkumbag
    t om
    yogsloth
    Last edited by Zork; November 14th, 2016 at 05:23 AM.

5. ISO #5
    Banned

Timezone
    Your wolf team. And psychopath.

It is day. You may post!

6. ISO #6
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia
    4:39 am - so not adjusted for eastern time lol

7. ISO #7
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia
    Forever alone. Nothing to do but come back later I guess. All I have is Skumbag saying he wanted to rand wolf. And Montecore who hates JTM har har har

8. ISO #8
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia

9. ISO #9
    Am I making you nervous? MarkoRaj's Avatar
    My top 3 choices were wolves/sk and I didn't get them. Seems like everyone wanted those roles.

10. ISO #10
    Banned

Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    2+2 POG/ MU / DM
    AKA
    BATM!
    seer
    But I randed
    Seer
    My peek hasn't posted but is a villager peek

11. ISO #11
    Banned

Timezone
    Community
    2+2 POG/ MU / DM
    AKA
    BATM!
    Marko prob a wolf if he wanted to rand wolf.
    I doubt a ton of people just asked for wolf roles...

12. ISO #12
    Banned

Timezone
    Community
    2+2 POG/ MU / DM
    AKA
    BATM!

13. ISO #13
    Banned

Timezone
    Community
    2+2 POG/ MU / DM
    AKA
    BATM!
    Been a while

14. ISO #14
    Banned

Timezone
    Community
    2+2 POG/ MU / DM
    AKA
    BATM!

15. ISO #15
    Banned

Timezone
    Community
    2+2 POG/ MU / DM
    AKA
    BATM!
    Just got back from the patriots game. What a crazy game and a tough loss ?
    I need to go to sleep and see you guys later. I work early and cant sleep

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself

17. ISO #17
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia

18. ISO #18
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia
    Sup Batman. Yea we played in a mash some time ago. Marko didn't get a top 3 choice? It does seem unlikely

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    I am going to post more when I am done with school
    Marko please don't be a wolf this time

What does preferences means btw?

20. ISO #20
    Brobeans t om's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    mtgs

I hardclaim foolish recruiter
    My RT is dya. I suspect she will be somewhere in the middle of the poe, and is likely to think this claim comes from a wolf and so will vote me today.
    I wanted to choose yog, but he is endgaming this $%#!. I can feel it.

I have twice been in games with jesters.

The first (a 5 player mini with jester, SK, and 3 VT) I claimed jester in my first post as VT.
    I was lynched day 1 but had correctly determined who the actual jester was before I died.
    They lynched him day 2 and lost.

The second (a faction of jesters that wanted to get lynched and a bunch of VT) I claimed juster in my first post as VT, kept up the facade all game including consistently wolfreading myself, and eventually got myself lynched in final 3 to win the game for the town.
    Actually, here is a link to that game. I was amazing. Yog was there too.

So I have done this twice before.
    But this time it is real.
    After all, I decided to make this post again long before receiving my role PM.
    And the role preferences PM I sent said
    1 recruiter
    2 masons with yog
    3 backup seer
    4 either twitterer
    5-20 everything else, including vanilla
    21 godfather

because godfathers are bull$%#!.

I dont think either 2 or 3 should actually count for anything.
    So I probably just got recruiter.

I mean, I did.
    I got recruiter.
    Woooohoooooo!

Lets do this.

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    ##Vote t om

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#19)
    What does preferences means btw?
    This derpclear is DENIED

Jason however I will be townreading forever because he seems excited to be here.
    And because I do not actually care about catching wolves (see: wincon) and he seems pleasant.

Dya is a wolf.
    OMGUS me please.
    ##Vote dyachei

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#21)
    What's the point?
    ##Vote t om
    We are going to get along great.

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    I mean it's not like you are Survivor so why even claim you get free ELO lose

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#24)
    I mean it's not like you are Survivor so why even claim you get free ELO lose
    LOL

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    You should strongly consider reading the OP.
    Since no one else is here yet and I don't really feel like talking to you anymore.

GLGL

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    I just read it so there is 1 person that if he votes you you win and if he don't you lose
    And you just said who it is

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#28)
    I just read it so there is 1 person that if he votes you you win and if he don't you lose
    And you just said who it is
    Yes.
    That is what I said.

30. ISO #30
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Pronouns

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#30)
    i got my prefered role
    We see you.

33. ISO #33
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU

JMT: town
    Me: ?
    Tom: Quality $%#!poster

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#33)
    Tom: Quality $%#!poster

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#30)
    i got my prefered role
    Wolf bro

36. ISO #36
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia
    Cool, t om. I'll be the best forever townread I can be.

Skumbag hard claiming wolf here? Lol it's a play I like to do as wolf too because it's fun.

37. ISO #37
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMjasonC (#36)
    Cool, t om. I'll be the best forever townread I can be.

Skumbag hard claiming wolf here? Lol it's a play I like to do as wolf too because it's fun.
    No, im simply claiming i got my prefered role. And pre-game me uses a lot of WIFOM. My current role is: ???

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    I think what you meant to say is that I made it cool to trueclaim your anti-town role.
    I am a trendsetter.

But actually, SS is almost a lock for gimmick person.

39. ISO #39
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    I think what you meant to say is that I made it cool to trueclaim your anti-town role.
    I am a trendsetter.

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    I am a trendsetter.

Welp
    PR hunting for wolfs

41. ISO #41
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#40)
    Welp
    PR hunting for wolfs
    I am almost definitely recruiting you tonight, if we both live that long.

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#41)
    Michael u wolf?
    No

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#40)
    Welp
    PR hunting for wolfs
    I am almost definitely recruiting you tonight, if we both live that long.
    I should remember that zork games are always N1 dead

45. ISO #45
    Community
    Jesus Toast Mafia
    Wifom goes so many ways but Ok. Legion's gonna be tough to figure out- anybody play with "them" before?

46. ISO #46
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMjasonC (#45)
    Wifom goes so many ways but Ok. Legion's gonna be tough to figure out- anybody play with "them" before?
    yeah, they were town last game, and did increasingly well as the game moved on. I think they're gonna be a valuable asset if they rolled town

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by JTMjasonC (#45)
    Yea
    Look at his pushs i think
    It's his second gane

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    BTW SS I thought on fun term, dies that exists already?
    Scummary - Summaring town points as scum

49. ISO #49
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#48)
    no it doesn't. When i saw the word i thought it would fit better as a summary of why someone is scum, rather than a summary BY scum. agree/disagree?

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#49)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael22Omega (#48)
    no it doesn't. When i saw the word i thought it would fit better as a summary of why someone is scum, rather than a summary BY scum. agree/disagree?
    That's a good idea
    Agree