Community
    The Comet Observatory

Super Mario Galaxy: Mini-Mash!

Super Mario Galaxy: Mini-Mash! Game Thread

Set in outer-space, join Mario, friends, and foes,
    as they traverse galaxies new and old!

Hosted By: Beck & Apoc
    Start Date: Monday, January 9th.
    SOD/EOD: Day will begin @ 7:00 AM EST and will end @ 8:00 PM EST.
    Phase Lengths: During the week, 13/11 (one day per cycle), during the weekend, 37/11 (two days, Saturday & Sunday, per cycle).
    Mechanics: Deadline lynch, in the case of a tie the lynch will be randomized, No Lynch is a valid vote.
    Night Action Deadline: Night Actions are due by 6:30 AM EST.
    Night Chat: Not allowed, the thread is closed during each Night Phase.
    Out of Thread Communication: Not allowed under any circumstances, unless you're provided with a private thread allowing for outside communication. This will be detailed in your Role PM.
    Posting Requirement: I ask that if you sign up for this game, you will post a minimum of five (5) times during each Day Phase. If this requirement is not met you may be replaced without notice.

Last edited by Beck; January 12th, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    The Comet Observatory
    GAME RULES

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL
    NEVER talk about this game with other players outside of this game thread, UNLESS your role PM gives you explicit permission to do so (if you are part of the Wolves or a Neutral team or a Masonry).

So this means that you are NOT allowed to send someone even seemingly innocuous messages such as "Wow, this <insert player name> is pretty wacky, huh?", "this Mario game is pretty fun" or "I'm so busy right now, which is why I'm barely even posting in the game".

If another player references the game to you outside of the game thread, you need to inform me of this ASAP!

INSTRUCTIONS TO FIT IN, HAVE EVERYBODY LIKE YOU, AND ALWAYS BE HAPPY
    • Once again, only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for Mod Kill. Do not try to get fancy or angle-y with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    Each game day has a set deadline for when the voting ends. The player with the most votes at the deadline is lynched. If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Game Host will randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No Lynch is a valid vote.

GAME SCHEDULE
    Day 1 will begin on Monday, January 9th @ 7:00 AM EST, and will end on Monday, January 9th @ 8:00 PM EST. Night 1 will begin on Monday, January 9th @ 8:00 PM EST, and will end on Tuesday, January 10th @ 7:00 AM EST. This 24-hour cycle will continue until the game ends. Weekends will count as one full Day.

GAME-RELATED QUESTIONS
    Any and all questions related to the game in any fashion must be asked to the Host (Polari) privately. Any questions asked publicly will be ignored. If the answer to the question is deemed by myself to be pertinent information then I will answer in-thread. Again, never discuss conversations with the Host in the game thread.

WIN CONDITIONS
    There are no Wincons within the Role PMs.

The Village Wincon is: "The Village wins when they have eliminated all threats to the Village."

The Wolf Wincon is: "The Wolves win when they cannot be mechanically prevented from eliminating all threats to the Wolves."

Other Wincons may or may not exist.

IT IS NIGHT. DO NOT POST.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    The Comet Observatory
    HOW TO PLAY (USING THE SOFTWARE)

Recommended reading for those that are new to Mafia Universe.

VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Beck[ /v ]. This will give you this:

##Vote Beck
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

As for vote counts, these will appear automatically in the thread at various intervals. Feel free to tag the Host (@Announcer) if you want an updated vote count.

CALLING UP A VOTE COUNT
    Vote counts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can actually call up vote counts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up vote counts by simply pushing the "Post Votes" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated vote count for.

Please don't spam vote counts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on ISO� in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to Replies: in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to Posts: for that person.

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.

NEW FEATURE: BOOKMARKS
    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.

1) Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply clicking on "Access Bookmarks" on any post as shown here:

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.

2) You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1) Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.

2) Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    The Comet Observatory
    GAME-SPECIFIC INFORMATION

CHARACTER CLAIMING AND ROLE CLAIMING
    Characters are aligned by Faction relevant to the flavour in this game. That being said, the Wolves and any additional Factions that may or may not exist have been provided with complete cover. Additionally, let me make this super clear: There ARE anti-claiming mechanisms in this game. I repeat, there ARE anti-claiming mechanisms. This is not a bluff and if you want to claim your role and/or your character, you have now been warned that this may not be very wise.

You may NOT quote your Role PM, as per the usual rules. General paraphrasing is fine.

EXAMPLE ROLE PM'S
    This is an example of how the Vanillager Role PM looks in Super Mario Galaxy: Mini-Mash!:

Super Mario Galaxy: Mini-Mash!
    Hello USERNAME, you are CHARACTER!

[IMG]

As a faithful goon in Bowser’s Army, your only goal is to defeat Mario and friends!

You are a Vanillager.

Enter events, win prizes, and help defeat Mario!
    You are the soul of the game; your vote is your weapon.

Best of luck!

ORDER OF OPERATIONS AND ACTIONS
    This is the order of operations for this game:

Hiding/Commuting
    Strongman Killing
    Absorbing
    Bus Driving
    Blocking/Jailkeeping
    Redirecting
    Randomizing
    Protecting
    Miscellaneous
    Killing
    Investigating/Tracking/Watching

This does not necessarily mean that the setup features roles from all levels of this order.

Also, note that any teams/factions (such as the wolves) do NOT assign their Night Kill to a single player and the team kill can therefore not be Role Blocked or Tracked. If Watched, the player will be informed that "The Wolves" visited, but nothing more.

If the game features powers that may prevent players from receiving some sort of result or feedback message from the Host that they would otherwise receive under normal circumstances, these players will be informed "No Result" in those exact words. All players that submit a Night Action be at the very least be notified that their action has processed.

There may or may not be n0 Actions in this game.

DAY ACTIONS
    Should Day Actions exist in this game, they will only be processed at 12:00p EST or 7:00p EST. You may submit them at any time during the day, but the Hosts will only process them at the next processing time.

MECHANICS YOU WILL NOT SEE
    As Hosts we will never include any alignment conversion mechanics or any mechanic that may interrupt a lynch (lynchproof, etc.). Everything else is fair game.

5. ISO #5
    Community
    The Comet Observatory
    GAME-SPECIFIC MECHANICS

PRANKSTER COMETS

Be wary of Prankster Comets as they enter the galaxy's orbit. They act as Events and are all different depending on their colour: Purple Comets, Speedy Comets, Cosmic Comets, Fast Foe Comets, and Daredevil Comets.

STARBIT VOTES

During each day, starting Day 1, Starbits may be shot at players in the game by players capable of such via their Role PM. These shots will be revealed publicly during the day by the Host (Polari) as “[Player X] has been shot with Starbits!” in Bold Blue. Every player shot with Starbits will then hold one Starbit Vote, which can be used during Starbit Phases. Starbit Phases begin at 6:30p EST and end at 7:30p EST. Once a Starbit Vote has been made, it cannot be changed. Starbit Votes can result in various Actions, so pay close attention to Starbit Phases!

6. ISO #6
    Community
    The Comet Observatory
    PLAYER LIST

Ace of Spaids
    Adrian
    BATMAN
    bopolis
    Bourne
    Champ
    chrja
    DemonTurtle
    dyachei
    Empoof
    Fuggles
    Gamer Dude
    jepg
    Kami
    Legion
    Lissa
    MarkoRaj
    Montecore
    mor_tilt
    Mr. Smee
    NeedMoreManasi
    Panther
    Phighter
    Quick_Ben
    Renata
    smilefires
    Stork
    t om
    the-middle-of-the-line
    theknightsofneeee
    Wytch
    Zork

Last edited by Polari; January 8th, 2017 at 10:25 PM.

7. ISO #7
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Day 1 Start »
    Super Mario Galaxy: Mini-Mash! Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

It soon became apparent who were the good guys and who were the bad guys... Every Boss in Bowser's New World understood who the enemey was... It was Mario!

IT IS DAY. YOU MAY POST.

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EST on Monday, January 9th, 2017. There are 1484010060000 remaining.
    Last edited by Beck; January 9th, 2017 at 07:54 AM.

8. ISO #8
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Super Mario Galaxy: Mini-Mash! Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    32 Not voting Panther (0), Phighter (0), Quick_Ben (0), NeedMoreManasi (0), Mr. Smee (0), Montecore (0), mor_tilt (0), Renata (0), smilefires (0), Wytch (0), Zork (0), theknightsofneeee (0), the-middle-of-the-line (0), Stork (0), t om (0), MarkoRaj (0), Lissa (0), Champ (0), chrja (0), Bourne (0), bopolis (0), Adrian (0), BATMAN (0), DemonTurtle (0), dyachei (0), Kami (0), Legion (0), jepg (0), Gamer Dude (0), Empoof (0), Fuggles (0), Ace of Spaids (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EST on Monday, January 9th, 2017. There are 1484010060000 remaining.

Posted at 0 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

9. ISO #9
    really first?

10. ISO #10
    This lineup is awesome!

Gonna be a fun game.

11. ISO #11
    Phighter
    NeedMoreManasi
    Zork
    DemonTurtle
    Kami

2 wolves in here?

wouldn't it be awesome if it was 5

12. ISO #12
    Brobeans t om's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    mtgs

i arrive triumphantly

13. ISO #13
    I have decided to be friendly this game.

Boy am i gonna be friendly.

Batman I won't even be mean to you.

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs

hey babe
    you scum?

15. ISO #15
    Am I making you nervous? MarkoRaj's Avatar

16. ISO #16
    Quote Originally Posted by t om (#12)

i arrive triumphantly
    Arrived right in the bus it seems

##Vote t om

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    damn man.
    promises that are hard to keep

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19
    Quote Originally Posted by t om (#17)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrja (#13)
    damn man.
    promises that are hard to keep
    yeah, that one gonna be hard.

I promise to try, thats the best i can offer.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoRaj (#20)
    I hate mashes tbh. Tom you scum?
    why?

less serious, more random - can be fun if there is enough carnage.

Yes he is.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23
    t om

Opening seems sooo forced.

my vote is actually serious

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    i love mashes
    my goal is to not get shot in the first two days

and probably not

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    t om

Opening seems sooo forced.

my vote is actually serious

26. ISO #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoRaj (#22)
    Chrja seems at ease
    I am always at ease.

I am the Ernie Els of Mafia

27. ISO #27
    why?

less serious, more random - can be fun if there is enough carnage.

Yes he is.
    Because I can never keep up and always get lynched.

Plus there's so much to get your head round in terms of mechanics

28. ISO #28
    Someone explain to me in plain English the comet and starbit patter. It may be very important

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoRaj (#28)
    Someone explain to me in plain English the comet and starbit patter. It may be very important
    wait a couple hours.

First wolves will use time in wolf chat discussing stuff like that, then when they got it all figured out - one of them will tell the rest of us it here in the thread. Thinking it will make him/her look villagery.

Silly wolfs.

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    As free as the grass grows

32. ISO #32
    I really hope people get my Ernie Else reference. It was sooo clever imo.

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    I'm pretty sure Beck is bluffing on the anti-claiming mechanics.

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    ##Vote jepg

35. ISO #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jepg (#33)
    agreed, we should all just claim.

I really can't see a downside to a Day 1 claimfest.

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    oh is it time to claim jester?
    Think it's time to claim recruiting jester.

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by t om (#36)
    oh is it time to claim jester?
    Think it's time to claim recruiting jester.
    only if theres 7 goddamn vigs

smh

39. ISO #39
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2

40. ISO #40
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2
    This lineup is awesome!

Gonna be a fun game.

41. ISO #41
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoRaj (#28)
    Certain players seem to have the ability to give other players Starbit votes.

Those players who accumulate Starbit votes can then use them during events.

There are 5 different events - though I don't think we know as of yet how they vary.

42. ISO #42
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2
    I have decided to be friendly this game.

Boy am i gonna be friendly.

lol'd

lettuce all be nice to batman for once

nananananananananana BATMAN

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    Quote Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee (#42)

na
    ftfy

44. ISO #44
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee (#42)

na
    ftfy
    why not both.

Tom you town?

also wtf is your avatar.

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs
    its a thing

sorry to disappoint

46. ISO #46
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2

where its supposed to be warm.

and its $%#!ING FREEZING.

I'm gonna sue someone.

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    Community
    mtgs

48. ISO #48
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2

#therandisrigged

49. ISO #49
    Community
    Dailymafia/2+2
    oh, and probably
    ew..

something about this post strikes me as off.

Like i realize that you probably intentionally didn't answer the town question at the same time as the other one, but something about it just feels weird.

#probablynotathingthatmattersbutmaybe?

50. ISO #50
    Timezone

##Vote theknightsofneeee