Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: BYOR - The 9 Circles of Hell

1. Bookmark ISO #1

BYOR - The 9 Circles of Hell

BYOR: The 9 Circles of Hell

Good day, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Norway. My name is Virgil and I will be your tour guide for your trip to Hell. Please remember my face so that you will not get lost.

Now, Norwegians are good-willing and their hospitality is excellent. However, the town of Hell might be a little different. The people living there have habits that may seem strange to you and I ask you to not ridicule them for them. Please have an open mind and try to act like a local if you want the full experience.

Hell is formed out of nine circles. NINE circles. That's a lot. We will get to experience all of them so do not worry a thing.

We will begin our journey with the furthers circle, Limbo. Before we get there we will be driving through the Gate of Hell. You can see the inscription "Gi opp alt håp, dere som skriver her" on it, though time has made it difficult to spot. In any case it roughly translates to "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here". That should both show you the excentrism of the locals as well as their great sense of humor.

After we pass the Gate of Hell we will be continuing on the road for about an hour. Take this time to relax, listen to some music, and watch the people sunbathing on this maggot-infested strip of land.

We will be arriving at the river Acheron shortly after. We'll have to cross the river but fear not, this trip does include ferry tickets for Charon Cruises, the operator of the only ferry on the river Acheron. The ferry ride will take a couple of hours so make sure to take some medication now if you suffer from sea sickness.

Once we reach Limbo, we'll be having a short lunch break before we head towards the Castle of Limbo. Castle of Limbo is something you don't want to miss, trust me. They have some real great acts performing tonight, like Socrates having a debate with Julius Caesar. You do not want to miss it!

Hosts: Nego and MarkoRaj
    Expected starting date: Feb 20th
    Expected date of sign-ups closing: Feb 17th
    Phases: 36 hour days / 12 hour nights
    SoD time: 7 AM EST / noon UTC
    EoD time: 7 PM EST / midnight UTC
    Number of players: 17
    Number of roles: 17
    You must post at least 5 times a phase.

Please note that this game will definitely not be the best-balanced game out there. Try to have fun.

Travelers (Players)
    1. @darc-star
    2. @SiRReN Champ
    3. @Xicor
    4. @Dp101
    5. @rob77dp
    6. @BATMAN
    7. @Quick_Ben
    8. @dyachei
    9. @PR.
    10. @Limestone
    11. @Cruisette
    12. @theknightsofneeee
    13. @Because_why_not
    14. @Secondhand Revenant
    15. @Grant
    16. @lute
    17. @Phighter
    18. @Thirdhand Revenant

On the waiting list (subs)
    1. @SoberX
    2. @Champ (only d1/n1 or pre-game) -> Subbed in for SiRReN on D1.
    3. @Slezak
    4. @Michael22Omega
    5. @wvw-jelte

Already in Norway (Spectators)
    1. @smilefires
    2. @Sooh
    3. @Askthepizzaguy
    4. @Firsthand Revenant
    Last edited by Nego; March 5th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

2. Bookmark ISO #2
    GENERAL INFORMATION

RULES
    THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL
    NEVER talk about this game with other players outside of this game thread, unless your role PM gives you explicit permission to do so (i.e. if you are part of a non-town team or a masonry).

So this means that you are NOT allowed to send someone even seemingly innocuous messages such as "Wow, this <insert player name> is pretty wacky, huh?", "this Umineko game is pretty fun" or "I'm so busy right now, which is why I'm barely even posting in the game".

If another player references the game to you outside of the game thread, you need to inform me of this ASAP!

INSTRUCTIONS TO FIT IN, HAVE EVERYBODY LIKE YOU, AND ALWAYS BE HAPPY
    • Once again, only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for Mod Kill. Do not try to get fancy or angle-y with the rules, please.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    Each game day has a set deadline for when the voting ends. The player with the most votes at the deadline is lynched. If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Game Host will randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No Lynch is a valid vote.

GAME-RELATED QUESTIONS
    Any and all questions related to the game in any fashion must be asked to the Game Host (Virgil) privately, either via PM or in individual private threads. Any questions asked publicly will be ignored. If the answer to the question is deemed by myself to be pertinent information then I will answer in-thread. Again, never discuss conversations with the Host in the game thread.

I'm writing this outside the spoiler, so that you'll pay extra attention to it: Don't be $#@!s to each other. I mean it. The administrators and mods of this site will not hesitate to both infract and otherwise punish any player who is being a $#@!. You know when you are being a $#@!, so just stop it. This is a game. Step away from the keyboard if you are frustrated.

HOW TO USE THE SOFTWARE
    VOTING BBCODES
    Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Virgil[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Virgil

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS
    You can quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT
    Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING
    If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

BOOKMARKS
    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.

1) Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply right clicking on the "Bookmark" button and opening the link.

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.

2) You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1) Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.

2) Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

3. Bookmark ISO #3
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Night 0 Start »
    BYOR - The 9 Circles of Hell Night 0 Start

Night 0 has begun.

Night 0 ends at 7:00 AM EST on Monday, February 20th, 2017. There are 1487592060000 remaining.

4. Bookmark ISO #4
    All role PMs have now been sent.

Please contact this account if for some reason you have not received your PM or if you have any questions.

Game will start in a little less than 6 hours.

5. Bookmark ISO #5
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    BYOR - The 9 Circles of Hell Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    18 Not voting Because_why_not (0), theknightsofneeee (0), Cruisette (0), Secondhand Revenant (0), Grant (0), Thirdhand Revenant (0), Phighter (0), lute (0), Limestone (0), PR. (0), Dp101 (0), Xicor (0), SiRReN (0), rob77dp (0), BATMAN (0), dyachei (0), Quick_Ben (0), darc-star (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EST on Monday, February 20th, 2017. There are 1487635260000 remaining.

Posted at 0 days, 12 hours, 6 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

6. Bookmark ISO #6
    Am I making you nervous? MarkoRaj's Avatar
    It is day. You may post

7. Bookmark ISO #7
    Community
    Mafia Universe

18 Not voting Because_why_not (0), theknightsofneeee (0), Cruisette (0), Secondhand Revenant (0), Grant (0), Thirdhand Revenant (0), Phighter (0), lute (0), Limestone (0), PR. (0), Dp101 (0), Xicor (0), SiRReN (0), rob77dp (0), BATMAN (0), dyachei (0), Quick_Ben (0), darc-star (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EST on Monday, February 20th, 2017. There are 1487635260000 remaining.

Requested by MarkoRaj at 0 days, 12 hours, 4 minutes, 47 seconds remaining.

8. Bookmark ISO #8
    Community
    Mafia Universe

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EST on Tuesday, February 21st, 2017. There are 1487721660000 remaining.

Requested by MarkoRaj at 1 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes, 23 seconds remaining.

9. Bookmark ISO #9
    Most Likely Asleep Secondhand Revenant's Avatar
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    Secondhand Revenant
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

10. Bookmark ISO #10
    Timezone
    UTC+09:00
    Community
    Anime Flame/PerC

11. Bookmark ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Anime Flame/PerC
    also, SR, i meant to ask, whats with the firsthand and thirdhand revenants?

12. Bookmark ISO #12
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by darc-star (#11)
    also, SR, i meant to ask, whats with the firsthand and thirdhand revenants?
    Pretty sure those are friends of his

Morning everybody

13. Bookmark ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    Anime Flame/PerC

and evening ^.^
    this is a good day start for me
    eod at 9am might be more tough though

14. Bookmark ISO #14
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by darc-star (#13)
    friends? thats not allowed =(

and evening ^.^
    I'll not really be up at this time much

Just me procrastinating the real world

15. Bookmark ISO #15
    Community
    WalterFootball
    And on the 5th day of my 5 day weekend my game mods brought to me, a mafia game with all day to play it

16. Bookmark ISO #16
    Community
    WalterFootball

and evening ^.^
    For me it is 6pm. I'll be working out and doing EOD at the ssme time. Gots to get those gains.

17. Bookmark ISO #17
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!

18. Bookmark ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    Anime Flame/PerC
    And on the 5th day of my 5 day weekend my game mods brought to me, a mafia game with all day to play it
    a 5 day weekend? what even is that? omg, that sounds amazing

Quote Originally Posted by PR. (#16)

and evening ^.^
    For me it is 6pm. I'll be working out and doing EOD at the ssme time. Gots to get those gains.
    lol, love the commitment

19. Bookmark ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    Anime Flame/PerC
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#17)
    the hero we need not the one we deserve
    why is that stricken out?

20. Bookmark ISO #20
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by darc-star (#19)
    Quote Originally Posted by PR. (#15)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#17)
    the hero we need not the one we deserve
    why is that stricken out?
    Ooh, I know, I know, pick me

##Vote BATMAN

21. Bookmark ISO #21
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!

22. Bookmark ISO #22
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Phighter would you like to be taken to my bat cave? I hear no one makes it out alive?

23. Bookmark ISO #23
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Hi
    So are we getting super awesome hard claim cop Batman or "gotta keep myself alive" Batman this game?

24. Bookmark ISO #24
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Phighter would you like to be taken to my bat cave? I hear no one makes it out alive?
    Does it have snacks?

25. Bookmark ISO #25
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    I plan on crushing this game. Please put yourself to me so I keep killing wolf after wolf

26. Bookmark ISO #26
    Community
    PTP(RIP), 2+2
    AKA
    BATM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#23)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#21)
    Hi
    So are we getting super awesome hard claim cop Batman or "gotta keep myself alive" Batman this game?
    Not the cop. I'm batman a dark knight vigilante
    Don't force me.

27. Bookmark ISO #27
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 BATMAN Phighter (5)
    17 Not voting Because_why_not (0), theknightsofneeee (0), Cruisette (0), Secondhand Revenant (1), Grant (0), Thirdhand Revenant (0), lute (0), Limestone (0), PR. (2), Dp101 (0), Xicor (0), SiRReN (0), rob77dp (0), BATMAN (5), dyachei (0), Quick_Ben (0), darc-star (5)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EST on Tuesday, February 21st, 2017. There are 1487721660000 remaining.

Requested by BATMAN at 1 days, 10 hours, 35 minutes, 18 seconds remaining.

28. Bookmark ISO #28
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 BATMAN Phighter (5)
    17 Not voting Because_why_not (0), theknightsofneeee (0), Cruisette (0), Secondhand Revenant (1), Grant (0), Thirdhand Revenant (0), lute (0), Limestone (0), PR. (2), Dp101 (0), Xicor (0), SiRReN (0), rob77dp (0), BATMAN (5), dyachei (0), Quick_Ben (0), darc-star (5)

View Vote History

Requested by Phighter at 1 days, 10 hours, 34 minutes, 41 seconds remaining.

29. Bookmark ISO #29
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 BATMAN Phighter (5)

View Vote History

Requested by darc-star at 1 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes, 35 seconds remaining.

30. Bookmark ISO #30
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 BATMAN Phighter (5)

View Vote History

Requested by BATMAN at 1 days, 9 hours, 48 minutes, 17 seconds remaining.

31. Bookmark ISO #31
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 BATMAN Phighter (5)

View Vote History

Requested by darc-star at 1 days, 9 hours, 16 minutes, 31 seconds remaining.

32. Bookmark ISO #32

Hardclaim PR, anybody who ccs is a fraud.

##Vote PR.

33. Bookmark ISO #33
    Nice to see Thirdhand Revenant has joined the playerlist lol

34. Bookmark ISO #34
    Community
    WalterFootball
    Quote Originally Posted by Limestone (#32)
    Hello everyone!

##Vote PR.
    Heresy! Blasphemy!

35. Bookmark ISO #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Limestone (#32)
    Hello everyone!

##Vote PR.
    Heresy! Blasphemy!
    It is not I say!

36. Bookmark ISO #36

37. Bookmark ISO #37
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 BATMAN Phighter (5)
    1 PR. Limestone (4)
    16 Not voting Because_why_not (0), theknightsofneeee (0), Cruisette (0), Secondhand Revenant (1), Grant (0), Thirdhand Revenant (0), lute (0), PR. (3), dyachei (0), Xicor (0), SiRReN (0), Dp101 (0), rob77dp (0), Quick_Ben (0), BATMAN (5), darc-star (5)

View Vote History

Requested by darc-star at 1 days, 8 hours, 50 minutes, 58 seconds remaining.

38. Bookmark ISO #38
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give town rand Dp101's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Realms Beyond
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

39. Bookmark ISO #39
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Dragonmount
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Posting issues should be fixed now! Post away!

40. Bookmark ISO #40
    Mod post:
    Posting issues should be fixed now! Post away!
    Ohhh was this why thread was dead?

41. Bookmark ISO #41

42. Bookmark ISO #42
    Community
    Mafia Universe

1 BATMAN Phighter (5)
    1 PR. Limestone (6)
    16 Not voting Because_why_not (0), theknightsofneeee (0), Cruisette (0), Secondhand Revenant (1), Grant (0), Thirdhand Revenant (0), lute (0), PR. (3), dyachei (0), Xicor (0), SiRReN (0), Dp101 (1), rob77dp (0), Quick_Ben (0), BATMAN (5), darc-star (5)

View Vote History

Requested by Limestone at 1 days, 7 hours, 57 minutes, 40 seconds remaining.

43. Bookmark ISO #43
    Community
    DailyMafia

Glad PR has time to play today, makes me feel good about him. He seems excited and happy.

Why is Batman already intimidating people? So defensive on the very first page. What are you hiding?

Phighter seems different than I've ever seen him before. He's making jokes, being funny. I like this version of Phighter, makes me confident in the villa read.

I am excited about this game. Already have a good feeling it'll be just as fun as FF12.

44. Bookmark ISO #44
    sup everyone

45. Bookmark ISO #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruisette (#43)
    Good morning!

Glad PR has time to play today, makes me feel good about him. He seems excited and happy.

Why is Batman already intimidating people? So defensive on the very first page. What are you hiding?

Phighter seems different than I've ever seen him before. He's making jokes, being funny. I like this version of Phighter, makes me confident in the villa read.

I am excited about this game. Already have a good feeling it'll be just as fun as FF12.
    cruise did you rand wolf w/o me?

46. Bookmark ISO #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#24)
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN (#22)
    Does it have snacks?
    it has candy.

Just like my uncle's van.

47. Bookmark ISO #47
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee (#45)
    Good morning!

No I did not. :C Did you rand wolf w/o me?!

48. Bookmark ISO #48
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee (#45)
    Good morning!

Looks like it

##Vote cruisette

No way anyone should be village reading phightrr so early. He hasn't even gone into the phightrr "call all the villagery people scum" villager mode.

49. Bookmark ISO #49
    so general reads (lol) thus far,

PR. feels more carefree(?) and has better tone than in FFXII. probably a villager.

phighter feels weird.

batman feels stiff, and i've never felt batman feel stiff as either a wolf or villager so lolidk what to make of that.

and i'm gonna lynch cruise cause its fun!

##Vote Cruisette

50. Bookmark ISO #50
    sup QB.

how's it goin?