Welcome to the Mafia University!
This is a place dedicated to becoming "educated" on mafia. Every now and then, a new article will be published in this section. These articles will also show under Articles.
The topics of these articles can vary from the moderating/hosting aspect of mafia to giving advice or ideas on how to play the game or how to mentally approach and handle the inherent emotional turmoil of mafia. Once an article has been posted, everyone is encouraged to comment on it and participate in the ensuing discussion.
This section is only for reviewed and approved articles (more information below). If you wish to discuss or address something mafia-related without having to abide by the rules of this section, the Mafia Lounge is the place to go.
Given that people hail from many different communities and have very different standards and approaches to playing mafia, we expect some of these discussions to be very lively, which we only consider a plus. This section wouldn't be very interesting if everyone agreed on everything.
There is only one rule: Respect others' viewpoints. Feel very free to express your strong disagreements, but do not ever make it personal and do especially not ever make negative remarks about entire other communities. If you violate this rule, you will be banned from participating in this section and will possibly be infracted too.
How to Get an Article Published
Do not post an article in this section by yourself. All contributions to this section must first be reviewed (contact Voxxicus) before being posted. We do not review the content itself, so don't worry about that -- we mostly review them to check on the grammar and language and whether you've remembered to include cliffs and give it a title.
- Your article should preferably have a specific and narrow focus rather than a general and vague one.
- Your article should preferably not be too similar to topics already discussed, unless you're approaching it from a new angle.
- Your article does not have to meet any academic criteria. Feel very free to give it a personal touch. An article can make use of quotes, statistics, personal stories, pictures or whatever you want. The only thing that I will ask is that you make it as grammatically correct and as easy to read as possible. Also, keep it friendly - no swearing or hanging other players out to dry.
- Your article should not necessarily seek to please the crowd. It is meant to initiate and stimulate constructive discussion, meaning that it's actually often a good idea to be adversarial to the common ideas and standards of the general mafia community.
- Your article must include a cliffs section at the end. This is mandatory. Please include several bullet points, which briefly summarize the main points of your article.
Important: Everyone is allowed to schedule and submit an article to me! It doesn't matter how experienced, how highly esteemed, how skilled, how articulate or how new to the site you are -- everyone is encouraged to contribute if they want to.
Article # Date Author Title #1 October 24, 2015 soah Information Overload #2 November 5, 2015 Yates Seers/Cops and Keeping Good Cover #3 December 3, 2015 Visorslash Turbo Mechanics #4 February 12, 2016 Systolic Metagame Matters #5 April 19, 2016 Crunkus Narrow vs. Wide Discussions #6 May 6, 2016 soah When Leaving Cop Cover Goes Wrong #7 June 2, 2016 Toganim How to Approach LYLO/Must Lynch #8 August 27, 2016 Helz Macro Meta Crunching #9 September 4, 2016 Thingyman The Art of Power Wolfing #10 October 31, 2016 Monstrman Village Complacency and Power Villaging #11 September 19, 2017 Klopp Effective Wolf Hunting #12 October 4, 2017 Frozen Angel What makes a game good? (Moderator Guide) #13 April 7, 2018 mhsmith0 How to design a setup that won't make players want to blacklist you afterwards #14 May 31, 2018 Quick Applying Psychoanalysis #15 July 21, 2018 soah Skill #16 November 29, 2018 shortaru Optimal Hider Play #17 December 21, 2018 Chris A Beginner's Guide to Excessively Large Games #18 January 14, 2019 Mantichora A Practical Guide to Open Wolfing