Thread: The Longest Mafia Game Ever Played Day 5
Day 5 

1. ISO #1
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    The Longest Mafia Game Ever Played

THE LONGEST MAFIA GAME EVER PLAYED

One day & one night cycle will combined last 1 year.

Above is a picture of what everyone will look like, once this game has completed.

THE BRAVE ONES (17):

Alabaster
    Aladeen
    Alette
    Arnev
    Cuthalion
    fontisian
    hawk
    Jan
    lilrascal
    metsnfins
    Panther
    Scott Howard
    Snowvon
    Soulmaster
    stormslyde
    Yayap
    Zexy

Subs:
    sjg11
    McGinty
    Champ
    Nachomamma8

GAME SUMMARY:
    A summary can be found here, starting Night 1.

SPECTATORS:
    If you would like to join the spectator chat for this game, just PM this account.
    Last edited by Thingyman; November 6th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    There is no majority lynch in this game. Each day phase ends at the appointed time, and the player with the most votes is lynched.

If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Modbot will automatically randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No lynch is a valid vote.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

THE GAME SETUP
    There are 17 players in the game.

4 players have been randed Mafia:

You are Mafia.

This is the full team:
    X
    X
    X
    X

You may freely communicate with each other in private. Each night you must submit to me a player that you want to have killed.

This is the game thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.net/threads...me-Ever-Played

12 players have been randed Vanilla Townie:

You are Vanilla Townie.

1 player has been randed Cop:

You are the Cop.

Each night you must submit to me the name of the player whose alignment/role you wish to learn.

You have a pre-game check on a random Vanilla Townie: [insert player name]

THE GAME SCHEDULE
    Each day phase will last 11 months, and each night phase will last 1 month.

THE SOFTWARE
    Read more about how to use the software here:

USING THE SOFTWARE

VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Thingyman[ /v ]. This will give you this:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [ UNV][ /UNV]. When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting.

You can also quickly vote someone by clicking on the box with a check mark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT
    Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

This will give you a votecount like this one:

Note that below every votecount there is a live updating countdown to the end of the current phase, which can also be found in the subforum view or next to the title at the top of game threads.

Please don't spam votecounts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY
    There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1) Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2) Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3) Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO"? in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:"? in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:"? for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED
    Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    *** AND THE MARATHON BEGINS! YOU MAY POST! ***

@Alabaster;
    @Aladeen;
    @Alette;
    @Arnev;
    @Cuthalion;
    @fontisian;
    @hawk;
    @Jan;
    @lilrascal;
    @metsnfins;
    @Panther;
    @Scott Howard;
    @Snowvon;
    @Soulmaster;
    @stormslyde;
    @Yayap;
    @Zexy;

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    DLP & MTGS

##Vote metsnfins

We can speedlynch this before there are 100 pages.

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    theres no maj meta is fun so lets see if yall can figure out if im using hte meta ive planned to use 11 months from now or using hte meta i have now or wait what? im drunk does this post even ##Vote Jan

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Personality Cafe/Dragonmount
    I can't believe I signed up for this.. Omg I hope hawk isn't scum.

##Vote hawk

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP & MTGS
    We're gonna be the best of friends this time next year.

Maybe less so once we start dying.

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    I'm honestly just going to rock back and forth in my part of the thread.

10. ISO #10
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

This is a super low commitment game, though of course you are free to put in as much effort as you want. However, I am making this post to say: There is no set minimum posting requirement, but usually posting 10 or more times per day phase is accepted on any community as sufficient participation, which means that that's about all you need to accomplish within an entire year in order to be participating sufficiently in this game.

In other words, I would be disappointed and sad if anyone ever decided to sub out of this game sometime in the future because they're "suddenly gonna be busy for a few months", given that a "few months" in this game amounts to a few hours in a regular game. That being said, some of you will maybe quit mafia for good or have serious real life issues pop up within the next few years, and of course you should sub out under such circumstances. My hope, though, is that most of you will have stuck with this to the bitter end

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
    A NOTE FOR THE FUTURE:

This is a super low commitment game, though of course you are free to put in as much effort as you want. However, I am making this post to say: There is no set minimum posting requirement, but usually posting 10 or more times per day phase is accepted on any community as sufficient participation, which means that that's about all you need to accomplish within an entire year in order to be participating sufficiently in this game.

In other words, I would be disappointed and sad if anyone ever decided to sub out of this game sometime in the future because they're "suddenly gonna be busy for a few months", given that a "few months" in this game amounts to a few hours in a regular game. That being said, some of you will maybe quit mafia for good or have serious real life issues pop up within the next few years, and of course you should sub out under such circumstances. My hope, though, is that most of you will have stuck with this to the bitter end
    omg just watch me be terrified of mafia once this ends.

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    im only posting 10 times a month this year so glgl peace out see yall next week

14. ISO #14
    Community
    Dark Lord Potter

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP & MTGS

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP & MTGS

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    DLP & MTGS
    I'm probably gonna get dragged to final three again and get mislynched for the loss.

After a game spanning several years, that's going to sting.

18. ISO #18
    Soooo .. to get through the year and have some fun doing it, we should have some completly useless, but maybe fun - events!

I propose to have a week - lets make it two! - to celebrate each player in this game.
    That means .. you know, talk about that person,push them, prod them, ask them more or less random stuff.
    Whatever comes to mind!

Everbody should have some time to lurk before .. so we should start with this somewhere around january?!
    Keep it 2 weeks for everyone .. which makes it 34 weeks total, that way we have a lot of time before end of day to do other stuff!

If someone has his birthday between mid january and mid september - we can rig the rng so that your week and your birthday are around the same time, that is if you want that to happen.

If you agree with this wonderful idea :

##Vote Jan

If you disagree with this awful waste of our precious time :

##Vote stormslyde

I will not vote myself for now so i will just :

##Vote Snowvon

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Bulbagarden

I don't have any reads yet, hope I get some in a few months.

I'll also probably be on a break for a few weeks on January/Febryary (exams :P)

20. ISO #20
    Community
    PerC
    Can you imagine losing after 8 years though

21. ISO #21
    Community
    PerC

22. ISO #22
    Community
    POG & FTR

23. ISO #23
    Community
    POG & FTR

I like the idea.

24. ISO #24
    Community
    POG & FTR
    Soooo .. to get through the year and have some fun doing it, we should have some completly useless, but maybe fun - events!

I propose to have a week - lets make it two! - to celebrate each player in this game.
    That means .. you know, talk about that person,push them, prod them, ask them more or less random stuff.
    Whatever comes to mind!

Everbody should have some time to lurk before .. so we should start with this somewhere around january?!
    Keep it 2 weeks for everyone .. which makes it 34 weeks total, that way we have a lot of time before end of day to do other stuff!

If someone has his birthday between mid january and mid september - we can rig the rng so that your week and your birthday are around the same time, that is if you want that to happen.

##Vote Jan

##Vote stormslyde

##Vote Snowvon
    This idea, not necessarily lynching Jan, but that could come into play in the future.

25. ISO #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Alette View Post
    I can't believe I signed up for this.. Omg I hope hawk isn't scum.

##Vote hawk
    Why dont you want her to be a wolf?

26. ISO #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowvon View Post
    I'm probably gonna get dragged to final three again and get mislynched for the loss.

After a game spanning several years, that's going to sting.
    Buddyup noted

27. ISO #27
    ##Vote jan
    Self vote
    Guy has to die

28. ISO #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post

Whatever comes to mind!

##Vote Jan

##Vote stormslyde

##Vote Snowvon
    On top of the self vote, this post is bad for another reason.the voting for several people in one post lessens the blow. Makes it soft. Makes it less likely a villagers attention would get drawn.
    Will keep this in mind if Jan flips wolf.

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia

Whatever comes to mind!

##Vote Jan

##Vote stormslyde

##Vote Snowvon
    smells like a wolf claim

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    lets just all post our birth days then: september 10th

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    2+2 pog and epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowvon View Post
    As long as I get to be top poster.
    You obviously don't know me very well

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    2+2 pog and epicmafia
    Also I think in future games cop should get real peek n0 if more than 17 players

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    2+2 pog and epicmafia

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    Community
    2+2 pog and epicmafia
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde View Post
    lets just all post our birth days then: september 10th
    Lol virgino

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    2+2 pog and epicmafia
    and this day cycle is 333 days which seems too short. i think it should be 335 days with a 30 day night. so @Thingyman is ripping us off which is antivila

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    I'm August 29th. I shan't have my time to shine for a while, I suppose.

Really though, I think the suggestion is not terrible. Since there's not going to otherwise be a whole lot of pressure on people who have votes on them, if everyone can agree to have themselves examined and be subjected to challenging dialogue, we could probably learn a lot.

That being said. Mets wants more time for the wolf day chat.

##Vote metsnfins

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    2+2 pog and epicmafia
    @Cuthalion in my 10 years playing this game, that might be the wolfiests, scummiest, mafiaiest first posts in the history of first posts

like im almost shocked you would out yourself this early

its 333 days till night bro, and you vote the living legend, and make up a stupid reason like that one?

REALLY??

im dumbfounded

like it might be too wolfy to be a wolf even

idk

what was your role in teen wolf again?

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    I'm August 29th. I shan't have my time to shine for a while, I suppose.

Really though, I think the suggestion is not terrible. Since there's not going to otherwise be a whole lot of pressure on people who have votes on them, if everyone can agree to have themselves examined and be subjected to challenging dialogue, we could probably learn a lot.

That being said. Mets wants more time for the wolf day chat.

##Vote metsnfins
    lol if we think the thread is gonna be slow, just imagine wolf chat for the next year. prolly no posts until the day NA's are do. either that or it jan/fonti/von/??? and theyre living hte dream

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by metsnfins View Post
    @Cuthalion in my 10 years playing this game, that might be the wolfiests, scummiest, mafiaiest first posts in the history of first posts

like im almost shocked you would out yourself this early

its 333 days till night bro, and you vote the living legend, and make up a stupid reason like that one?

REALLY??

im dumbfounded

like it might be too wolfy to be a wolf even

idk

what was your role in teen wolf again?
    i can already understand how d1 is gonna go. we troll for an entire year and become the new meme database

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
    RULES

THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES
    • Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    There is no majority lynch in this game. Each day phase ends at the appointed time, and the player with the most votes is lynched.

If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Modbot will automatically randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No lynch is a valid vote.
    oh man i was just looking over the modposts again and how funny would it be if we go an entire year just to no lynch

41. ISO #41
    Timezone
    Community
    2+2 pog and epicmafia
    Cuth scum

2 down 2 to go

At this rate we can be wrapped up by 2019 with a sweep

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by metsnfins View Post
    Stormy scum
    Cuth scum

2 down 2 to go

At this rate we can be wrapped up by 2019 with a sweep
    i didnt take you for a moron. But here you are acting like youve managed to make any kind of reads .0001% of the way through d1. i think the people actually playing at this stage are >>>rand wolves

43. ISO #43
    lol if we think the thread is gonna be slow, just imagine wolf chat for the next year. prolly no posts until the day NA's are do. either that or it jan/fonti/von/??? and theyre living hte dream
    I mean .. i share other chats with them, so i am unsure if wolfchat would be used at all in that case.

It would be 1 lonely wolf .. and 3 happy kubs talking somewhere else .. unless the last one is alette, in that case it would be all the fun in one wolfchat. (I have not had the pleasure of wolfing with the other people).

Mets are you ..

a) wolf
    b) town
    c) teen wolf town ?

asking for a friend.

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    I think Jan's idea has merit, not really for practicality but because it would be fun and this is the perfect game to test all sorts of random things in. In the mean time because I see nothing better yet
    ##Vote Zexy
    Because wynaut, never can trust him.

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    I think Jan's idea has merit, not really for practicality but because it would be fun and this is the perfect game to test all sorts of random things in. In the mean time because I see nothing better yet
    ##Vote Zexy
    uhm.... were sworn enemies im a longhorn...

46. ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Jan's idea sounds nice; yet we won't have enough posting when examining the first bunch of people, while we should have more when examining the last bunch. I am also afraid we will be much less willing to lynch someone examined months ago than someone examined recently, since we won't have a "fresh read" on the player examined earlier.

This is not Bulba, Soulmaster. I'm a bad player 'round these parts

47. ISO #47
    We will have more than a month afterwards, I can be the last person if that is what you worried about, i really don't mind.

Or we just end around stormslydes birthday and make him the last, he is a good lynch anyway, just sayin.

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    I don't suspect you for suggesting it or request that you will be the last one.
    Just voiced a concern.

Forgot to say that my birthday's May 6.

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    Community
    I know who wishes she never wolfs with me alone

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmaster View Post
    ##Vote Zexy
    uhm.... were sworn enemies im a longhorn...
    You want me to vote for you? Because that's how you do it.

Still better than me on any site, Zexy : P
    Also, I feel like I've known this yet keep forgetting, but since when did we have the same birthdays : P