The DreamWorks Game
This is a mafia game production based on the feature films released by DreamWorks Animation.
This is the conclusion to Thingyman's 2015 animation trilogy: Part 1 (The LEGO Movie) and Part 2 (Disney).
Co-produced by Tom, Alette and the-middle-of-the-line.
@Ace of Spaids;
@Jan; (starting Day 3)
THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL
NEVER talk about this game with other players outside of this game thread, UNLESS your role PM gives you explicit permission to do so (if you are part of a mafia or third party team or a masonry).
So this means that you are NOT allowed to send someone even seemingly innocuous messages such as "Wow, this <insert player name> is pretty wacky, huh?", "this DreamWorks game is pretty fun?" or "I'm so busy right now, which is why I'm barely even posting in the game."
If another player references the game to you outside of the game thread, you need to inform me of this ASAP!
- Once again, only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
- Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So quoting or screenshotting your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp or even the formatting of your PM.
- When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
- Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
- This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
- If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
- If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod. I repeat: Do not ever refer to me having communicated something to you or you having communicated somethign to me in private.
- No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
- Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.
- No community bashing. Do not insult entire other communities.
- No editing or deleting posts.
Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.
USING THE SOFTWARE:
USING THE SOFTWARE
VOTING FOR SOMEONE
Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Thingyman[ /v ]. This will give you this:
Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.
To unvote, use the tags: [ UNV][ /UNV]. When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting.
You can also quickly vote someone by clicking on the box with a check mark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:
CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT
Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:
First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.
Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.
This will give you a votecount like this one:
Note that below every votecount there is a live updating countdown to the end of the current phase, which can also be found in the subforum view or next to the title at the top of game threads.
Please don't spam votecounts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.
VIEWING VOTE HISTORY
There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.
1) Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:
2) Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:
3) Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:
Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.
Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:
Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.
Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.
ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS
If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:
Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.
Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.
The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:
MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED
Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.
After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:
Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).
The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).
In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.
Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.
braided pain was killed (Vanilla Townie)
Telcontar was lynched (Time Stopper)
Green Bastard was killed
Dot was killed (Glutton)
younguns was killed (Night 3 Doctor)
fank was killed (Mechanics Oracle)
Arsenal was killed (Sacrificial Lamb)
Cuthalion replaces TheYoungBasedGod
tchaz replaces Cobalt
Stork was killed (Cycle Doctor)
Royal Ape was killed(2-Shot Randomizer)
Adam was killed(Vigilante Jack of All Trades)
mor_tilt was killed(Modest Inactivity Vigilante)
descuffphoenix was killed (Bomb/Back-Up Vigilante)
tchaz was killed(4-Shot Voyeur)
Jon Paul was killed (Day Vigilante)
System-Online was killed(Vanilla Townie)
Zexy was killed(Vanilla Townie)
badhabitrabbit was modkilled(Trap Layer Roleblocker)
Dassem_ultor was lynched (ITA Master)
PM this account if you want to be added to the Cemetery chat for this game.