Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 4, Game 9: Silicon Valley [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #151
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayDip-ZoomZip (#146)
    @SpankGangsta -- OK, that database thing is neat. Ty, and for the links as well.

@SwedishScumbag -- I like the vote whips. I like @Archangel even going for the early wagon, and not just because I agree that @Precarious has brought the least value to the early game. WhoDoc gets an early bump from me as well for coming out and voting someone I know for a fact is town. I am confused by Prop, but there seems to be genuine inquisitiveness, so not in my range.

Also, dude, you were the one who wrote "Scum LOVES silence, where it's easier to hide without attention" and you are mad about me easily chunking my content for reading and making my points and questions? If there was spam or deceit in my post, I think you should argue it, but I do prefer consolidating and doing longer posts to one off posts as they happen. Different styles and different strokes and the facts of life and $%#!. Dig it.
    it's sKumbag

2. ISO #152
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 4, Game 9: Silicon Valley [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Precarious PlayDip-ZoomZip (2), Archangel (13)
    2 kuvam SwedishSkumbag (40), Ryker (5)
    1 PlayDip-ZoomZip TheWhoDoctor (21)
    1 Ryker Prophylaxis (7)
    8 Not voting SilverKeith (0), SpankGangsta (39), spookymilk (0), Precarious (3), Lumpen (0), JF80 (0), kuvam (14), Aoi Magi (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 10:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, June 7th, 2017. There are 1496887260000 remaining.

Requested by Archangel at 1 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes, 15 seconds remaining.

3. ISO #153
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    RIP EA, ATRL, Become A Living God
    AKA
    SpankGOD, The Prophet & True Queen of MU
    Zoom don't @ me unless its important I dont like seeing notif on my phone screen
    I owe Takhitty ?200 for my gambling addiction

4. ISO #154
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#147)
    ok. enough for today i think. Spank, i give you the control to keep the convo on interesting stuff ill want to read through tomorrow.

gn peeps
    K gn hoe

5. ISO #155
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    @SedishSkumbag, I didn't see it because it didn't happen. If you meant to ask me about Play-Dip Zoom-Zip, I don't like him (sorry), but not for that reason.

I don't like him because he used the words "I admit" (which implies that he's holding something back.)

It's like a different version of the "to be honest" trope.

6. ISO #156
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Sorry, I'm falling asleep, more in the 7 am hour.

7. ISO #157
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smashboards
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#84)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#82)
    How often do you spam post without reading the posts from others inbetween Spank?
    All the time
    Man after my own heart.

8. ISO #158
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#141)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#130)
    Archangel, what're your thoughts on Prophylaxis?
    Right now I like him. But someone has to fill the clever funny in your face slot. But he's suspicious of Doctor Who and I was too until I read this is his second Mafia Championship in a row. Some people are trying to stand out and get to the next round while others are just playing this like it's a normal game. I have talked myself into the idea that it's the latter Dr Who is doing but I liked Prophylaxis for suspecting him.
    My low english skill makes me read this post for over time to understand what you're saying
    What's does that has to do with his allignment
    You think he's playing and normal game and not trying to stand out, how is that NAI fyp?

Also you're kinda hedgy on Prop

9. ISO #159
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#156)
    @SwedishSkumbag see above.

im tired too lol.

But this is the post i meant:

Quote Originally Posted by Prophylaxis (#116)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precarious (#101)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#10)
    I disagree with voting only when consensus has been achieved, especially on Day 1. Sometimes vote placements are the best way to generate scumreads.
    I basically agree with this. Holding back votes gets in the way of consensus, and pressuring someone is a good way to see how they'll react.

That being said, my playstyle is Town is sort of a "Screw you!" meta where I'm unapologetic if I mess up on a read and it ends up getting a town member lynched. My playstyle as scum is to try flying far more under the radar, only bringing up information or pushes in general and hoping other people run with them (I hand you the pieces of the wagon, let you build it, and then hop on for the ride, if that makes sense
    I'm not totally sold on someone expounding on their own meta, particularly when it apparently diverges so drastically between town and scum. Setting aside the issue of controlling expectations, I find meta to be fairly unreliable; it's very rare that someone is obviously playing a mafia-sided game.
    There's been 1-2 pages of light discussion thus far regarding reads and such. Even though I acknowledge how much of a chore it is to read page 1, what are your thoughts on me/TWD/Spank/Swedish?

Just that this entirely theory-related post kind of sticks out, since it's a very safe response to make as scum.
    I misremembered that Prop voted, but he gave pretty much the same reasoning

10. ISO #160
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayDip-ZoomZip (#112)
    So what exactly are you going to voting on? Of course it's rare that someone is OBVIOUSLY playing a mafia sided game. If they were obviously playing it, then... what is the point? More importantly, there are three pages of content, and your reaction so far is an into (sure) and a "let's not hold back votes, but no sense as to what my voting theory is, or that I want to make one, or any questions that indicate you are interested in developing an alignment read on anyone.
    My point is that it's better to evaluate people based on game context rather than meta. Setting aside that people here will have had limited prior interaction, I find that when "so and so is chatty as town," they're also likely to be chatty as mafia. I'd rather vote someone who's doing something inconsistent in-game, or being generally unhelpful, or attacking without answering their own suspicions, rather than someone whose playstyle is subjectively a little different than usual.

More to the point, I'm still leery of Doctor's claim that he's aggressive as town and flies under the radar as scum, because that dichotomy is both stark and easily faked.

On a semi-related note, I'd like to know what players have existing experience playing with each other.

11. ISO #161
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#100)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#98)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuvam (#93)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#88)
    Oh I should probably actually read peoples bio's...I assumed that most people would just post memes there, and since the bio is likely an over-edited version of what they choose to present I don't think there are too many valid reads we can gain from them.
    Bios which seem self-written MAY be a good read of a player's personality and playing style imo
    Archangel bios seems not self written or she writes in 3rd person
    She writes in third person because she has delusions of grandeur. ?
    That one has a good sense of humor. I like that one.

12. ISO #162
    Community
    MTG Salvation
    So I'll play devil's advocate to the liking of TWD right now and lay down my reasoning for suspecting her, because it was the most notable thing I got from reading the eyes-melt-fest that was page 1 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TWD
    Note: I'm not saying I scumread you, just saying that the need to post is more a scum pattern than a townie one.
    This is the first post that kind of pinged me because it indicates that TWD is more self-conscious about how she is appearing to other players. This is light, but caring about how you're perceived generally comes more from a scum mindset, because as scum you're always worried about how your actions are being perceived by townies in order to not be lynched.

Honestly I would think that more scummy than townie - Scum is far more likely imo to feel a need to get something out there, even if it's filler posts like that. Perps hate silence.
    Oh, I meant the "First" post, not the different reads. I agree with you that quick/gut judgments and lynches without consensus are scum-tell-esque.
    I've always found that perps hate silence. Example: In a lynch-or-lose situation, if the townies stop talking, it will far more often be the Mafia that are speaking a lot, trying to defend themselves or make cases, because they're nervous that town, given silence, will have time/freedom to deduce who the scum are.
    Just a bunch of theory stuff. I don't really like this because theory talk is incredibly easy for scum to fake (as they can post honestly about it) especially in the early game. It's part of the reason why I was rolling my eyes at the thread so much - trying to discern other people's alignments based on what they think about theory is near-impossible.

Also yeah I don't like kuvam not reading literally what I said
    If you don't like it, then why are you not voting kuvam?

I'm not asking you to hit 500 posts d1, I'm just asking you to not actively lurk, which is why times are helpful. I don't even want everyone to be the same level of activity because then it's just way too much to read through and process well, I'm just asking so that we do have certain insights into why people may be inactive (Are they asleep or are they lurking? is my main question, honestly)
    Basically Information Instead of Analysis is what I see from TWD's early posts. No attempt to question others, nor any attempt to figure out the alignments of other people she is posting with. Just responses and theory discussion.

Since it's not RVS anymore, and my little inside joke with Ryker is dead:

##Vote TheWhoDoctor

13. ISO #163
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Precarious (#160)
    So what exactly are you going to voting on? Of course it's rare that someone is OBVIOUSLY playing a mafia sided game. If they were obviously playing it, then... what is the point? More importantly, there are three pages of content, and your reaction so far is an into (sure) and a "let's not hold back votes, but no sense as to what my voting theory is, or that I want to make one, or any questions that indicate you are interested in developing an alignment read on anyone.
    My point is that it's better to evaluate people based on game context rather than meta. Setting aside that people here will have had limited prior interaction, I find that when "so and so is chatty as town," they're also likely to be chatty as mafia. I'd rather vote someone who's doing something inconsistent in-game, or being generally unhelpful, or attacking without answering their own suspicions, rather than someone whose playstyle is subjectively a little different than usual.

More to the point, I'm still leery of Doctor's claim that he's aggressive as town and flies under the radar as scum, because that dichotomy is both stark and easily faked.

On a semi-related note, I'd like to know what players have existing experience playing with each other.
    9 games with Spank, 0 with rest

14. ISO #164
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#159)

im tired too lol.

I disagree with voting only when consensus has been achieved, especially on Day 1. Sometimes vote placements are the best way to generate scumreads.
    I basically agree with this. Holding back votes gets in the way of consensus, and pressuring someone is a good way to see how they'll react.

That being said, my playstyle is Town is sort of a "Screw you!" meta where I'm unapologetic if I mess up on a read and it ends up getting a town member lynched. My playstyle as scum is to try flying far more under the radar, only bringing up information or pushes in general and hoping other people run with them (I hand you the pieces of the wagon, let you build it, and then hop on for the ride, if that makes sense
    I'm not totally sold on someone expounding on their own meta, particularly when it apparently diverges so drastically between town and scum. Setting aside the issue of controlling expectations, I find meta to be fairly unreliable; it's very rare that someone is obviously playing a mafia-sided game.
    There's been 1-2 pages of light discussion thus far regarding reads and such. Even though I acknowledge how much of a chore it is to read page 1, what are your thoughts on me/TWD/Spank/Swedish?

Just that this entirely theory-related post kind of sticks out, since it's a very safe response to make as scum.
    I agree with Prop on that one
    What dont u like about it

15. ISO #165
    Community
    MTG Salvation
    I thoroughly enjoyed that reference. I also saw in the bio that you've played on Fantasy Strike? My condolences. I got banned from playing there after one game. Whoops.

Anyway, reading thread.
    Heh, it was specifically designed to poke fun since I've been itching to play a game with you ever since the hydra game fiasco, where you killed us N1

Also that game on SmashBoards never did start up, did it? I remember lying around for months checking that game thread.

16. ISO #166
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#164)

im tired too lol.

i like it, but that wasn't what it was about. Follow the Convo hoe

17. ISO #167
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    I played lots with Emil, one with Archangel, zero wirh others

18. ISO #168
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#158)
    Right now I like him. But someone has to fill the clever funny in your face slot. But he's suspicious of Doctor Who and I was too until I read this is his second Mafia Championship in a row. Some people are trying to stand out and get to the next round while others are just playing this like it's a normal game. I have talked myself into the idea that it's the latter Dr Who is doing but I liked Prophylaxis for suspecting him.
    My low english skill makes me read this post for over time to understand what you're saying
    You think he's playing and normal game and not trying to stand out, how is that NAI fyp?

Sorry. I'll try to spell it out.

He described his scum game and his Town game in his bio. The way he's playing now is neither. It pinged me but then I thought he may just be grandstanding. Scum has won all the games in this championship so far. To stand out as Town some people in previous games have tried to take an early leadership role, which is what I see him doing.

19. ISO #169
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#168)

He described his scum game and his Town game in his bio. The way he's playing now is neither. It pinged me but then I thought he may just be grandstanding. Scum has won all the games in this championship so far. To stand out as Town some people in previous games have tried to take an early leadership role, which is what I see him doing.
    And I see why you think I'm hedgy on Prop. I like him right now but I just ended a game where the person who acted like this was deep wolf. I'm liking him and warning myself not to get pocketed.

20. ISO #170
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    2. The fewer the scum to start the more likely they are to win. Four scum would make this a more favorable game for Town.
    The hell you smoking?

21. ISO #171
    Community
    MTG Salvation
    Its good enough for early villaread

Wolves want quiet, inactibe thread. People who tried to make it not happening is villagery in my eyes
    That is true, but it's also incredibly easy for wolves to pick up town cred by saying such things like "lurking is scummy" "lurking is bad".

Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta
    He could do it as wolf, asking ppl their inactibe time but the tone and persistence when he asked Emil not to lurk is somewhat villagery and for me is good enough for now.
    I just find the way TWD did it to be super flat, though. It /feels/ like he's a wolf playing the part of a Good Villager, for lack of a better term. Look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#73)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#71)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#68)
    noty. I like lurking
    If we could not though that'd be great
    i prefer to not reach 500 posts d1, so i'll politely decline
    I'm not asking you to hit 500 posts d1, I'm just asking you to not actively lurk, which is why times are helpful. I don't even want everyone to be the same level of activity because then it's just way too much to read through and process well, I'm just asking so that we do have certain insights into why people may be inactive (Are they asleep or are they lurking? is my main question, honestly)
    I could be confirmation biasing the heck out of this but whatever - it's good enough for me in the early game.

22. ISO #172
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    Messed up quote tages, that's in the Archangel post.

23. ISO #173
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

im tired too lol.

Okay. Not sure what you're asking here but I think the reasoning is sound. Obviously, because I'm voting it.

24. ISO #174
    Community
    Pokemon Showdown

Someone asked for my playstyle, which I responded to with. You can also see this meta described if you check my Mafia Universe game from last year or the signature from my forum posts on Smogon, if you would like to cross-examine this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophylaxis (#104)
    I'll be frank, guys - I've scrolled through this thread a bunch of times trying to sort out the theory discussion/people talking about avatars and such and I felt like rolling my eyes.

I acknowledge that there has to be something to kick off the game, and theory discussion is a fine way to do that. However, it's just super easy for scum to honestly reply to such stuff that it makes RVS pretty easy for scum to blend in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor
    Note: I'm not saying I scumread you, just saying that the need to post is more a scum pattern than a townie one.
    Is there a reason why you needed to add this disclaimer here before anyone else called you on it?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag
    Doctor = my first villa.
    Doctorwho my first villa read
    Towards your first point: People seemed unclear as to whether or not I was scumreading him for his behavior or I just disliked him for the behavior, hence the disclaimer. I don't love when people misunderstand what I mean purely because of the way I speak. (type?)

Can you guys explain your thought process, here, as well as tell me which posts you're townreading TheWhoDoctor on? I'm getting the opposite vibes here - TWD pinged me for reasons I'll go into more detail about in a bit.
    As far as their reads on me go I wasn't quite sure either. I also don't love the total in-sync behavior between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophylaxis (#138)
    Him asking us to give the time where we inactive cause he doesn't want any lurkers is villagery, rarely ever comes from wolves fme

The only thing I dislike is his hedgy "joke" dislike on Emil's first which is something I don't get
    Mmm, your point where TWD asks us to give the time when we're inactive is something that I didn't consider, but at the same time I don't really think it's super villagery?

Like, I can totally see TWD proposing "give us each of our active timezones" as scum because it's something that makes her look good versus actually questioning others and trying to figure out the gamestate.

Why does weeding out lurkers come as especially townie, in your eyes? Because I can guarantee you, if you say "We don't want lurkers", 99% of this game would agree.
    I think it's not necessarily the fact that I'm trying to weed out lurkers, more that I'm just trying to get as much per-player information about there that we might need making reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#148)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#144)
    Hmm, kinda expected you to have some thoughts on him giving the exact same reason for voting Precarious as you had, before you did.
    Didn't even see this. Will reread.
    Not for nothing I didn't see this either. I think what "But he's suspicious of Doctor Who and I was too until I read this is his second Mafia Championship in a row. Some people are trying to stand out and get to the next round while others are just playing this like it's a normal game. I have talked myself into the idea that it's the latter Dr Who is doing but I liked Prophylaxis for suspecting him." is meant to mean is that it's "Playing to prove something" vs. "Playing to have fun"? Some people are trying really hard to do well and kick $%#! and move on to bring some glory home, whereas some of us (especially, I think, the ones who play here a lot) are just trying to enjoy ourselves playing with people from a host of different places.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker (#149)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#20)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#15)
    Hey guys.

@SwedishSkumbag, I already dislike you for that.

@kuvam, Glad to have someone else from a real-time Mafia server here. In response to the rest of your points, I disagree with voting only when consensus has been achieved, especially on Day 1. Sometimes vote placements are the best way to generate scumreads. That being said, my playstyle is Town is sort of a "Screw you!" meta where I'm unapologetic if I mess up on a read and it ends up getting a town member lynched. My playstyle as scum is to try flying far more under the radar, only bringing up information or pushes in general and hoping other people run with them (I hand you the pieces of the wagon, let you build it, and then hop on for the ride, if that makes sense)

Those are $#@!ty explanations but that's about all I have to offer so far.

However, I do want to blow this wide open.

##Vote PlayDip-ZoomZip

I don't like your profile picture. Bye!
    Disliking for different reads isn't a good way to start :/

i just don't think voting and throwing around reads in the start is a bad/scummy thing to do at all.
    Oh, I meant the "First" post, not the different reads. I agree with you that quick/gut judgments and lynches without consensus are scum-tell-esque.
    Clarify for me how exactly you get a lynch without consensus since it takes majority.
    I didn't mean a lynch e.g. a hanging, I more meant lynch votes. He was saying he thought that placing lynch votes without first discussing and getting a consensus was smelly, whereas I was saying I disagreed and thought people should place their lynch votes as they please.

Also, welcome to the few new people who have been posting. Reading back through now that I've responded to everything to get insight into each of you.

25. ISO #175
    Bandwagoner

Community
    JetNation.com

26. ISO #176
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#100)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#98)
    Quote Originally Posted by kuvam (#93)
    Bios which seem self-written MAY be a good read of a player's personality and playing style imo
    Archangel bios seems not self written or she writes in 3rd person
    She writes in third person because she has delusions of grandeur. ?
    That one has a good sense of humor. I like that one.
    Thank you. Because I get really bent out of shape over this when I'm cranky, my pronouns are she and her, and if you want to shorten my name I answer to Angel, Angie, or AA. I get annoyed by Arch and flip out over Archie.

27. ISO #177
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#173)

im tired too lol.

Okay. Not sure what you're asking here but I think the reasoning is sound. Obviously, because I'm voting it.
    eh. I've kind of lost my point too. i asked the earlier question with this thing in mind wondering if you were gonna say you liked Prop for accusing your vote with the same logic as you later layed out. But you didn't, so it's irrelevant. I just refered to what i was talking about here.

28. ISO #178
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#128)

I hate posts that are about generalities unrelated to players. They make you look active without actually saying anything.

##Vote Precarious
    Sure, that's fine, but isn't that exactly what your #120 is?

29. ISO #179
    Community
    MTG Salvation
    As far as their reads on me go I wasn't quite sure either. I also don't love the total in-sync behavior between them.
    Why don't you? What does it tell you about either of their alignments?

30. ISO #180
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#167)
    I don't remember playing with you; what game was it? Also who's Emil?

31. ISO #181
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#166)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#164)

im tired too lol.

i like it, but that wasn't what it was about. Follow the Convo hoe
    I have low reading comprehensive skill

32. ISO #182
    Bandwagoner

Community
    JetNation.com
    Not reading my role PM yet. I like the theme choice. Watching Silicon Valley right now actually.

33. ISO #183
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#180)
    See what you've done Spank? Shame

34. ISO #184
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#169)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#168)

And I see why you think I'm hedgy on Prop. I like him right now but I just ended a game where the person who acted like this was deep wolf. I'm liking him and warning myself not to get pocketed.
    Okay. Ty for explaining

35. ISO #185
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    Not reading my role PM yet. I like the theme choice. Watching Silicon Valley right now actually.
    please read it before next time you post.

36. ISO #186
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 4, Game 9: Silicon Valley [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Precarious PlayDip-ZoomZip (2), Archangel (20)
    2 kuvam SwedishSkumbag (46), Ryker (10)
    1 PlayDip-ZoomZip TheWhoDoctor (22)
    1 TheWhoDoctor Prophylaxis (11)
    8 Not voting SilverKeith (0), SpankGangsta (46), spookymilk (0), Precarious (4), Lumpen (0), JF80 (2), kuvam (14), Aoi Magi (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 10:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, June 7th, 2017. There are 1496887260000 remaining.

Requested by Prophylaxis at 1 days, 22 hours, 25 minutes, 43 seconds remaining.

37. ISO #187
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#120)
    2. The fewer the scum to start the more likely they are to win. Four scum would make this a more favorable game for Town.
    The hell you smoking?
    It's true, there's data for it. Three scum out of 12 is balanced. 4 is unbalanced in favor of Town, 2 unbalanced in favor of scum.

38. ISO #188
    Community
    Maffia Sverige/MU
    every VC me and Spank are the same PC, I feel sad giving you a lead by sleeping. but gn for reals this time,

39. ISO #189
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Counter strike. Arent you the one who shoot your 80% shot wolfbro or am i mixing you u with someone

Emil is SwedishSkumbag

40. ISO #190
    Community
    Pokemon Showdown
    Oh, wow, I just saw Prop's huge wall on me.

Prophylaxis, if I may respond to that: I began with theory discussion so that I could understand where everyone stood on different strategies/beliefs about Mafia, so that I didn't misread someone for using a strategy that I see as scummy that they may think as townie. Learning more about the players I'm with should in the long run help us make better reads.

I didn't move onto kuvam because I was waiting to see if anyone else would try to white-knight my lynch on Zippy. This is, perhaps unbelievably, a tactic that has worked in several games on my home forum. Lynching players on Day 1 based off of avatars sometimes lead scum to white-knight their partners, allowing us to catch some of them extremely early on. Now that I've explained this, that's invalid, so:

##Unvote PlayDip-ZoomZip

Once again I apologize for Information vs. Analysis, but because it is Day 1 and I'm playing with people I don't know, I would've like to get some information in the first few hours of the game. Analysis coming out soon.

41. ISO #191
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#188)
    every VC me and Spank are the same PC, I feel sad giving you a lead by sleeping. but gn for reals this time,
    I'll give u the torch when I'm going to sleep

42. ISO #192
    Community
    Something Awful
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#14)
    Honestly I would think that more scummy than townie - Scum is far more likely imo to feel a need to get something out there, even if it's filler posts like that. Perps hate silence.
    TheWhoDoctor, was this in reference to real-time games or forum games?

43. ISO #193
    Community
    Pokemon Showdown
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophylaxis (#179)
    Why don't you? What does it tell you about either of their alignments?
    The way they've been so incredibly in-sync marks me as scum communicating about what they're doing so that they seem to be on the same page with eachother and hopefully the rest as town, but I also feel like it's so blatantly obvious that they can't be scum. It's a really poor WIFOM situation, to be entirely honest.

44. ISO #194
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    I played in another Thingyman organized game with Prophylaxis in which we were both playing as part of a hydra. My slot crushed the game because we were active and all but two town players were inactive so we got to steer the entire game was free. It was one game, like a year ago, he was in a hydra: I have no idea about anyone.

Also, my time zone is central, but my hours are extremely variable because I work freelance IT. I will try to be here for most deadlines, but make no promises. You'll get updated time frames from me as they change.

45. ISO #195
    Community
    Pokemon Showdown
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#14)
    TheWhoDoctor, was this in reference to real-time games or forum games?
    This was in reference to real-time games, because I don't play a ton of forum. The silence drags on when it's in real time.

46. ISO #196
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophylaxis (#171)
    Its good enough for early villaread

Wolves want quiet, inactibe thread. People who tried to make it not happening is villagery in my eyes
    That is true, but it's also incredibly easy for wolves to pick up town cred by saying such things like "lurking is scummy" "lurking is bad".

He could do it as wolf, asking ppl their inactibe time but the tone and persistence when he asked Emil not to lurk is somewhat villagery and for me is good enough for now.
    I just find the way TWD did it to be super flat, though. It /feels/ like he's a wolf playing the part of a Good Villager, for lack of a better term. Look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishSkumbag (#73)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhoDoctor (#71)
    If we could not though that'd be great
    i prefer to not reach 500 posts d1, so i'll politely decline
    I could be confirmation biasing the heck out of this but whatever - it's good enough for me in the early game.
    Ok on reread I don't like the "im jist asking you not actively lurk" part. Kinda feel hes more adamant about it earlier.

47. ISO #197
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel (#128)

I hate posts that are about generalities unrelated to players. They make you look active without actually saying anything.

##Vote Precarious
    Sure, that's fine, but isn't that exactly what your #120 is?
    Yes, it is, but I didn't make a huge text heavy post about nothing; mine was short and I've been actively engaging in conversation and opinions.

48. ISO #198
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophylaxis (#165)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryker
    I thoroughly enjoyed that reference. I also saw in the bio that you've played on Fantasy Strike? My condolences. I got banned from playing there after one game. Whoops.

Anyway, reading thread.
    Heh, it was specifically designed to poke fun since I've been itching to play a game with you ever since the hydra game fiasco, where you killed us N1

Also that game on SmashBoards never did start up, did it? I remember lying around for months checking that game thread.
    Nope, SWF is dead. I am in an ongoing some of the SWF players asked me to join on another site and it's the only mafia I've played since that hydra game.

I've just been itching to play again, so this came at a good time.

49. ISO #199
    Community
    The Giraffe Boards
    AKA
    NancyKnows
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankGangsta (#189)
    Counter strike. Arent you the one who shoot your 80% shot wolfbro or am i mixing you u with someone

Emil is SwedishSkumbag
    Nope, you're right, that was me. Sorry, I don't remember player names from that game because I got shot before I really had a chance to pay attention to the game.

50. ISO #200
    Community
    Pokemon Showdown
    So what if it was more adamant earlier? He was still active, so there was no need for me to follow the "Don't actively lurk" beyond that.

I also don't like lurking because I mainly play real-time mafia, which means that if people lurk things happen incredibly slowly relative to game length, so things feel like they drag and it makes it harder to gather reads. Forum is different because everything is forcibly spread out, but my brain still applies RTM logic.