Thread: The Office Mafia Mashup

1. ISO #1
    The Office Mafia Mashup

The Office Mafia Mashup

Your not-so-average American workplace.

GAME INFO

Hosted By: Beck
    Start Date: Monday, December 14.
    SOD/EOD: Day will begin @ 9:00 AM EST and will end @ 9:00 PM EST.
    Phase Lengths: During the week, 12/12 (one day per cycle), during the weekend, 36/12 (two days, Saturday & Sunday, per cycle).
    Mechanics: Deadline lynch, in the case of a tie the lynch will be randomized, no lynch is a valid vote.
    Night Action Deadline: Night Actions are due by 8:30 AM EST.
    Night Chat: Not allowed, the thread is closed during night phases.
    Out of Thread Communication: Not allowed under any circumstances, unless you're provided with a private thread allowing for outside communication. This will be detailed in your Role PM.
    Posting Requirement: I ask that if you sign up for this game, you will post a minimum of three (3) times during each Day Phase. If this requirement is not met you will be replaced without notice.

DUNDER MIFFLIN EMPLOYEES

1) @Alette
    2) @Apoc
    3) @Arnev
    4) @benneh
    5) @bopolis
    6) @chrja
    7) @Dassem_ultor
    8) @Dot
    9) @globetrotter
    10) @Jan
    11) @KingKot
    12) @Lissa
    13) @LordJvK
    14) @Mattyk
    15) @mcavoy33
    16) @mexineil
    17) @Monstrman
    18) @Montecore
    19) @NAC
    20) @Revival
    21) @Roman
    22) @Specter
    23) @Stork
    24) @stormslyde
    25) @TehBankertin
    26) @Top Tier Tom
    27) @Weatherguy

REPLACEMENTS

Last edited by Tom; December 19th, 2015 at 04:28 PM.

2. ISO #2

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL
    NEVER talk about this game with other players outside of this game thread, UNLESS your role PM gives you explicit permission to do so (if you are part of a mafia or third party team or a masonry).

So this means that you are NOT allowed to send someone even seemingly innocuous messages such as "Wow, this <insert player name> is pretty wacky, huh?"?, "this The Office game is pretty fun" or "I'm so busy right now, which is why I'm barely even posting in the game".

If another player references the game to you outside of the game thread, you need to inform me of this ASAP!

INSTRUCTIONS TO FIT IN, HAVE EVERYBODY LIKE YOU, AND ALWAYS BE HAPPY
    • Once again, only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless your role PM allows this. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating. As would discussing the time stamp of your PM.
    • When the thread is open and the Game Host has announced DAY you can post in it. But only as long as you are a live player. No deadposting, please.
    • Breadcrumbing is allowed. Secret codes requiring keys or anything resembling that is NOT allowed.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill. Do not try to get fancy or angly with the rules, please.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to this account. I'd be happy to help. You should not be asking the Game Host questions in the thread and neither should you ever refer to private communications with the mod.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

LYNCH RULES
    Each game day has a set deadline for when the voting ends. The player with the most votes at the deadline is lynched. However, if you reach a majority of votes on a player before said deadline, then there will be an early lynch. This applies to D1 and later.

If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Game Host will randomize the lynch between the tied players.

No lynch is a valid vote.

GAME SCHEDULE
    Day 1 will begin on Monday, December 14th @ 9:00 AM EST, and will end on Monday, December 14th @ 9:00 PM EST. Night 1 will begin on Monday, December 14th @ 9:00 PM EST, and will end on Tuesday, December 15th @ 9:00 AM EST. This 24-hour cycle will continue until the game ends. Weekends will count as one full Day.

*Adapted from The LEGO Movie*
    Last edited by David Wallace; December 14th, 2015 at 06:33 PM.

3. ISO #3

CHARACTER/NAME CLAIMING AND ROLE CLAIMING
    You may claim your character and your role freely, though there may or may not be mechanisms in place that will make mass claiming unwise. Character names will not help you determine anyone's alignment, as I have randomized the alignments AND roles of all characters except for a very select few who have been provided with safe claims instead (these have likewise been randomly chosen). To be clear, this means that Michael Scott, for example, can be any of the following: Vanilla Townie, Mafia, a Town Power Role, a Safe Claim, or a character that has been provided with a Safe Claim. He may also not even be included in this game.

You may still NOT quote your role PM, as per the usual rules. General paraphrasing is fine.

SAMPLE ROLE PM'S

Vanilla Townie:

The Office Mafia Mashup
    Hello [Username], you are Cathy Simms,
    Dunder Mifflin’s Former Sales Representative:

"Um, do I hand in my expense reports to a particular accountant or-”

You are The Office’s interim Sales Representative, while Pam is off on maternal leave. Young and flirty, you quickly try to make moves on Jim.

You are a Vanilla Townie. Although you have no Night Action, you find power in your vote and numbers.

You are a member of The Dunder-Mifflinites (Town), and you Win by by eliminating all threats to The Dunder-Mifflinites (Town).

GAME THREAD LINK

Best of luck to you!

Town Power Role:

The Office Mafia Mashup
    Hello [Username], you are Charles Miner,
    Dunder Mifflin’s Vice President of the Northeast Region:

"I am aware of the effect I have on women."

You are The Office’s newest management hire after Ryan Howard's fallout. You come to Dunder Mifflin with an accounting background and past management experience. While initially you and Michael get along, his childish antics quickly draw your eye. As such, you spend most of your day babysitting him.

As such, you are the Watcher. Each Night, you may Watch a player to determine whether or not they were targeted by a Night Action.

You are a member of The Dunder-Mifflinites (Town), and you Win by by eliminating all threats to The Dunder-Mifflinites (Town).

GAME THREAD LINK

Best of luck to you!

ORDER OF OPERATIONS
    This is the order of operations for this game:

Hiding/Commuting
    Strongman Night Kill
    Absorbing
    Bus Driving
    Blocking/Jailkeeping
    Redirecting/Randomizing
    Protecting
    Miscellaneous
    Killing
    Investigating/Tracking/Watching

This does not necessarily mean that the setup features roles from all levels of this order.

Also, note that any teams/factions (such as the Mafia) do NOT assign their nightly kill to a single player and the team kill can therefore not be blocked, tracked or watched, not even if there is only one player remaining on the team.

EXTRA INFORMATION
    This is a closed setup, which means that you don't know which roles or mechanics are in the game. However, I will inform you of this:

• There are no conversion mechanics. Everyone will remain the alignment that they started the game as.
    • There are no revival mechanics. When a player dies, they are dead for good.
    • There are no roles that will affect the lynch or people's votes. The vote count at the end of each day can always be trusted as the actual final result. Because of this, an early lynch/majority lynch is also possible.
    • There are no Night 0 Actions (no Night Actions have occurred before Day 1).

Last edited by David Wallace; December 14th, 2015 at 10:06 AM.

4. ISO #4

VOTING FOR SOMEONE
    Vote for someone by using the vote tags: [ v ]Beck[ /v ]. This will give you this:

##Vote Beck
    You can also quickly paste these tags into the reply box by clicking on the box with a check mark icon as shown here:

As for vote counts, these will appear automatically in the thread at various intervals. Feel free to tag the Game Host (@David Wallace) if you want an updated vote count.

CALLING UP A VOTE COUNT
    Vote counts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can actually call up vote counts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up vote counts by simply pushing the "Post Votes" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated vote count for.

Please don't spam vote counts -- if you do, we'll be forced to remove you from the "Mafia Game Hosts" permission group.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS
    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on ISO? in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to Replies: in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to Posts: for that person.

PRIVATE THREADS
    The forum features custom-made threads for the purposes of private communication, in case you have a role that allows communication outside of the game thread. You can read more about how these work from a Game Host perspective here, but as a player, all you need to know is this: To view a private thread, you both need to receive permission to view it AND you need the link to the thread (which the Game Host will send to you in a PM).

In other words, there's no way for any unauthorized player to ever be able to view your posts in a private thread. Your post count won't go up if you make posts here, your posts won't be searchable in any way, and the subforum will never show anyone as viewing it.

Also, to make sure that you don't mistakenly post in a game thread, when you were meaning to post in a private thread, the skin for the private thread subforum will always be set to Green Metro.

5. ISO #5

Corporate Task Force - Dunder Mifflin in State of Transition
    David Wallace <dwallace@dmcorporate.com> ----- Dec. 12 (5 minutes ago)
    to Dunder Mifflin Scranton Branch
    cc: Michael Scott <mscott@dmscranton.com>

Hello Dunder Mifflin Scranton,

As I am sure you're all aware, Dunder Mifflin has again been acquired by a new parent corporation, Beck Industries, Inc. This is great news! We will be receiving more funding and our product line will be opening up to include better printers, copiers, and more. But this also means difficult news. As Dunder Mifflin enters this stage of transition, we cannot continue to employ all of you. As such, some difficult layoffs may have to be made. Now, no reason to panic. I assure you Corporate and I are doing our best to keep as many of you on board as possible. As such, we will be establishing a Corporate Task Force amongst you all, at random. This will help us up top better determine who to keep and who should be let go.

More information to come within the next day.

Best,
    David Wallace

RE: Corporate Task Force - Dunder Mifflin in State of Transition
    Michael Scott <mscott@dmscranton.com> ----- Dec. 12 (4 minutes ago)
    to Dunder Mifflin Scranton Branch

WHATTTTT?! David what is this? Are you kidding me?! No! No, no, no!

---
    Michael Scott
    Dunder Mifflin Scranton Regional Manager
    Host of The Dundies
    "That's What She Said"

RE: RE: Corporate Task Force - Dunder Mifflin in State of Transition
    David Wallace <dwallace@dmcorporate.com> ----- Dec. 12 (3 minutes ago)
    to Michael Scott <mscott@dmscranton.com>

Michael,

Please control yourself, as I said we are doing our best to retain everyone. Let's be adults about this. I will be in The Office first thing in the morning so we can discuss this further.

Best,
    David Wallace

6. ISO #6
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    The Office Mafia Mashup Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    27 Not voting NAC (0), Revival (0), Montecore (0), Monstrman (0), mexineil (0), Roman (0), Specter (0), Top Tier Tom (0), Weatherguy (0), TehBankertin (0), stormslyde (0), Stork (0), mcavoy33 (0), Mattyk (0), bopolis (0), chrja (0), benneh (0), Arnev (0), Apoc (0), Dassem_ultor (0), Dot (0), Lissa (0), LordJvK (0), KingKot (0), Jan (0), globetrotter (0), Alette (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 9:00 PM EST on Monday, December 14th, 2015. There are 1450144860000 remaining.

Requested by Apoc at 0 days, 12 hours, 0 minutes, 50 seconds remaining.

7. ISO #7

Michael: Alright everyone, David Wallace should be here any minute. So I suggest that we all remain calm and act natural. Maybe he won't notice any of us and none of us will get fired.

Jim: Michael, just cool it. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Michael: No, Jim. I don't know what to do anymore, I feel like my whole world is crumbling...

Dwight: Michael, do you need my help?

Michael: Ughhh Dwight what should I do? I think this is the biggest moment of my entire life. Bigger than that one time I bought one George Foreman Grill and got the second free...

Toby: Michael, David Wallace should be here any second, so let's just wait until he gets here befo-

Michael: Toby, shut up! Shut up! Do you really think anyone actually lik- David! David is here everyone!

David Wallace: Hi everyone. Now I know there's some concern, I can see it in all of your faces. But I'm here today like promised so we can best discuss next steps. I've already reached out to those that will be a part of Corporate's Task Force (Mafia) and they know who they are.

Michael: WHAT?! David! David, David, c'mon! This is my job, you should leave it to me!

David Wallace: Now Michael, we're here to have an adult discussion about this, okay? With that, let's begin.

IT IS NOW DAY 1. YOU MAY POST.

1) @Alette
    2) @Apoc
    3) @Arnev
    4) @benneh
    5) @bopolis
    6) @chrja
    7) @Dassem_ultor
    8) @Dot
    9) @globetrotter
    10) @Jan
    11) @KingKot
    12) @Lissa
    13) @LordJvK
    14) @Mattyk
    15) @mcavoy33
    16) @mexineil
    17) @Monstrman
    18) @Montecore
    19) @NAC
    20) @Revival
    21) @Roman
    22) @Specter
    23) @Stork
    24) @stormslyde
    25) @TehBankertin
    26) @Top Tier Tom
    27) @Weatherguy

8. ISO #8
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager

9. ISO #9
    Banned

Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    DailyMafia

10. ISO #10
    double first for popping that votecount (lolme)

11. ISO #11
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde View Post
    First
    Suuucker!!!

12. ISO #12
    Community
    POG
    Sup sup sup

13. ISO #13
    Banned

Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia

14. ISO #14
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wallace View Post
    LYNCH RULES
    Each game day has a set deadline for when the voting ends. The player with the most votes at the deadline is lynched. However, if you reach a majority of votes on a player before said deadline, then there will be an early lynch.

If there is a tie between two or more players, then the Game Host will randomize the lynch between the tied players.

Was not expecting that...

Think I dislike it

15. ISO #15
    Community
    POG
    Liking the flavor so far

16. ISO #16
    ##Vote Apoc

First poster is always mafia

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    Dailymafia

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    LYNCH RULES
    Each game day has a set deadline for when the voting ends. The player with the most votes at the deadline is lynched. However, if you reach a majority of votes on a player before said deadline, then there will be an early lynch.

Think I dislike it
    D1 and afterwards only.

//MODNOTE

19. ISO #19

David should have left the office, and the Michael should have led a witch-hunt against the Corporate Task force though

20. ISO #20
    //MODNOTE

LYNCH RULES

Think I dislike it
    D1 and afterwards only.

//MODNOTE
    Trollmod is a troll...

I mean...

YES! I AM MOD-SPEWED TOWN. VOTING ME IS A WOLF CLAIM.

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    Dailymafia
    if i had a n0 action i used it on banks

banks is also my n0 peek

22. ISO #22

Also, welcome back...don't do anything silly (e.g. claiming 3p as a villager)

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    Dailymafia
    apoc, what time is it where you are and how do you have so much energy atm

24. ISO #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post

banks is also my n0 peek
    as per the setup info...you had no n0 action

+derpclear points for WG

25. ISO #25

I'm on fire today

26. ISO #26
    apoc, what time is it where you are and how do you have so much energy atm
    2pm, i just ate lunch...I am fuelled by the power of chicken, rice, and love of The Office

27. ISO #27
    Community
    POG
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival View Post
    ##Vote Apoc

First poster is always mafia

28. ISO #28
    Go get the wolves apoc.

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    Dailymafia

banks is also my n0 peek
    as per the setup info...you had no n0 action

+derpclear points for WG
    i could still have a random peek given to me, possibly maybe

30. ISO #30
    Lettuce catch some wolves

31. ISO #31
    Quote Originally Posted by mcavoy33 View Post
    Go get the wolves apoc.
    Did you let wolves loose in the office again?

32. ISO #32
    I'm gonna stop posting until someone has more posts than me, get to work.

33. ISO #33
    Onwards and upwards I say

34. ISO #34
    I'm gonna stop posting until someone has more posts than me, get to work.
    Apoc confirmed liar...probably mafia

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    Dailymafia
    want to find relevant images, but i'm not too hip on The Office stuff.

36. ISO #36
    //MODNOTE

LYNCH RULES

Think I dislike it
    D1 and afterwards only.

//MODNOTE
    Trollmod is a troll...

I mean...

YES! I AM MOD-SPEWED TOWN. VOTING ME IS A WOLF CLAIM.

The Mod-spewed town is a troll...

37. ISO #37
  38. ISO #38
    ^Apoc admitting he is mafia

39. ISO #39

It'd be wrong not to

40. ISO #40
    Community
    POG
    Michael Scott is a terrible character

Get @ me

41. ISO #41
    ##Vote Revival

It'd be wrong not to

42. ISO #42
    Community
    twoplustwo

43. ISO #43
    Quote Originally Posted by mcavoy33 View Post
    Onwards and upwards I say
    Are you DOT?

44. ISO #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecore View Post
    Hello frands
    Hey Mafia

45. ISO #45
    Community
    twoplustwo
    Quote Originally Posted by Revival View Post
    Hello frands
    Hey Mafia
    I've heard about you

I expect to be impressed

46. ISO #46
    Community
    POG
    Hello frands
    You're in this game?

Hooray

Totally not sarcastic

47. ISO #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom View Post
    Michael Scott is a terrible character

Get @ me

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    Dailymafia
    Hello frands
    hallo,

i'm ready to go 3/3 on the "monte incorrectly calling wg outted" train.

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    POG

50. ISO #50
    Community
    twoplustwo
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom View Post
    Hello frands
    You're in this game?